TTC #5 peeing in pots and on hands

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was 3 days late and getting so excited after TTC for 5 month, came on this morning :( Oh well, try again next month. Good luck to everyone else.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Hey! My partner and I have decided that we'd like to start trying for a baby towards the end of this year. I am currently taking the mini pill and wondered how quickly everyone fell pregnant when they stopped taking their contraception? *I know it's different for everyone, but just wondering what everyone's experiences were!
I had the Nexplanon implant
and got pregnant with my son about 3 months after having it removed :)

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I had the Nexplanon implant
and got pregnant with my son about 3 months after having it removed :)
I had Nexplanon for 6 years, (2x in a row) and had it removed Mid Dec (2017) our daughter was born the following October. I then had Nexplanon in again until July last year, been TTC since.

So I fell immediately the first time it was removed and this time its been completely different.

• Heart
I had Nexplanon for 6 years, (2x in a row) and had it removed Mid Dec (2017) our daughter was born the following October. I then had Nexplanon in again until July last year, been TTC since.

So I fell immediately the first time it was removed and this time its been completely different.
That's interesting, it's taking me longer this time too - had my last one removed in November, to try and let my cycles get back to normal, then started TTC in January (wanted to drink over Xmas), and haven't conceived yet.

i’m going to start ovulation tests. What time is best to use them? i’ve seen either midday or evening, so should i avoid the morning completely?

i’m going to start ovulation tests. What time is best to use them? i’ve seen either midday or evening, so should i avoid the morning completely?
I do mine either at 10am (second wee of the day) or around 2pm. Just make sure you haven't had too much to drink before you do them as it can dilute the LH reading.

AF turned up today for me a couple of days early so I'm out this month, what conception vitamins do people use? I've been using Seven Seas but not sure whether to get something different

9dpo and my boobs have been so sore for 2 days. Tempted to test tomorrow morning but scared it could be nothing...
Also has anyone been trying for a long time (2 years for me) and considered stopping trying? It's getting to the point where I think maybe I should just let it be and accept the life I have. I don't know how to explain it. It would be sad but I feel like I have to move on at some point.
Do what’s right for you and your mental health but if you haven’t already a trip to the doctors to talk over your options might be a good next step. That’s exactly what I am doing after this cycle and next cycle if I’m not successful.

I’m 7DPO but holding out no hope this month though 😭 We we’re both sick over ovulation time and only managed to try the once so I know it’s a write off already!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
That's interesting, it's taking me longer this time too - had my last one removed in November, to try and let my cycles get back to normal, then started TTC in January (wanted to drink over Xmas), and haven't conceived yet.
Hoping it happens for you soon. Its so frustrating, I know I am older etc but I don't smoke and I very rarely drink, I'm sure I've got a 'good bill of health'. All the horror stories from C19 jabs are starting to play on my mind. I have the Flo app, but I don't use ovulation kits so I think I might get some for the next cycle.

Reactions: 2
Hoping it happens for you soon. Its so frustrating, I know I am older etc but I don't smoke and I very rarely drink, I'm sure I've got a 'good bill of health'. All the horror stories from C19 jabs are starting to play on my mind. I have the Flo app, but I don't use ovulation kits so I think I might get some for the next cycle.
Sounds like we’re in a very similar position! I do usually drink (not to excess) but I haven’t been drinking while TTC. I hope it happens soon for you too. I’m starting ovulation kits for the first time once my current period ends 🤞🏻

AF turned up today for me a couple of days early so I'm out this month, what conception vitamins do people use? I've been using Seven Seas but not sure whether to get something different
I used to buy Seven Seas but decided to save money and now I just take folic acid (and vitamin D in the winter months).

Hey! My partner and I have decided that we'd like to start trying for a baby towards the end of this year. I am currently taking the mini pill and wondered how quickly everyone fell pregnant when they stopped taking their contraception? *I know it's different for everyone, but just wondering what everyone's experiences were!

Hey! We came off pill in August 2020. Conceived Jan 2021. However the first few months took me a while for my cycle to get back to normal (10 years in the pill) and for me to get to know my body and recognise ovulation etc so I would say we properly/accurately had a chance in the December window and the Jan window when we conceived.
I would recommend downloading an ovulation app and tracking things like changes in your CM etc it helped me getting to know that part of my cycle. I tried ovulation sticks but always got a negative and so for me they weren’t worth the expense or the worry. Good luck to you both x

ETA I also started pregnecare conception tablets for a bit and folic acid tablets straight after coming off pill

• Heart
Not sure if this is the right thread for this, so please report / mods please delete if not, and I have spoilered just in case.

I am doing egg freezing in the hope that I might still have time to have a family if I meet the right person. Just started the injections yesterday. First one went fine - second one there was a little bubble that I could NOT get out of the syringe before I did it, and I had the instructional video saying "must be done immediately" so I faffed briefly and then just went for it. I've googled and it seems that for subcutaneous injections, a little air bubble shouldn't be dangerous, but you see those horror stories where air in a syringe can cause all kinds of awful things, so I just wondered if anyone else had done this and was OK? I think in a vein is when it's an issue, but just thought someone here might know.

And another possibly silly question, and I will email the clinic tomorrow to check, but does anyone know if having baths during the two week-ish process is to be avoided, because of the heat? I was told to avoid really chemically things, high temperatures, alcohol etc. but not sure if a bath qualifies! Anyway that's just a minor one so no worries if people don't know.

Thank you xx

Hey! I’ve just wiped after going to the toilet and there’s a lot more clear and watery discharge than I ever have.. is this a sign of ovulation or early pregnancy? Never had so much before!

Hey! I’ve just wiped after going to the toilet and there’s a lot more clear and watery discharge than I ever have.. is this a sign of ovulation or early pregnancy? Never had so much before!
Watery cervical mucus can indicate ovulation is imminent. Have you tracked your cycle before and do you know what day you are on?
Apps like flo or maya can be helpful and many people like to track their hormones with urine test strips to see when ovulation is due.

Not sure if this is the right thread for this, so please report / mods please delete if not, and I have spoilered just in case.

I am doing egg freezing in the hope that I might still have time to have a family if I meet the right person. Just started the injections yesterday. First one went fine - second one there was a little bubble that I could NOT get out of the syringe before I did it, and I had the instructional video saying "must be done immediately" so I faffed briefly and then just went for it. I've googled and it seems that for subcutaneous injections, a little air bubble shouldn't be dangerous, but you see those horror stories where air in a syringe can cause all kinds of awful things, so I just wondered if anyone else had done this and was OK? I think in a vein is when it's an issue, but just thought someone here might know.

And another possibly silly question, and I will email the clinic tomorrow to check, but does anyone know if having baths during the two week-ish process is to be avoided, because of the heat? I was told to avoid really chemically things, high temperatures, alcohol etc. but not sure if a bath qualifies! Anyway that's just a minor one so no worries if people don't know.

Thank you xx
Sorry I am not sure about your questions but wanted to say good luck with this process. I wish I’d done it when I was younger xx

Its 3DPO and I have the worst ear infection. The doctors have given me a spray for my ear but its not working and they are refusing antibiotics and I'm popping pain like sweets. I'm so scared that if I have conceived this month that I'm causing harm to the baby.

Watery cervical mucus can indicate ovulation is imminent. Have you tracked your cycle before and do you know what day you are on?
Apps like flo or maya can be helpful and many people like to track their hormones with urine test strips to see when ovulation is due.
I haven’t got AF back since getting my implant taken out in January so I haven’t had a cycle to track so this might be the first one coming into play if I’m ovulating..

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.