TTC #5 peeing in pots and on hands

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Taking a month off from trying has done me a world of good not only less stress (for once I don’t even know what DPO I am 😂) but I know that any little symptoms I might have pondered over are not pregnancy related. I’ve made sure to note everything on my app so I can go back and compare.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
It’s been quiet on this thread recently. Hope everyone is ok and taking care of themselves.

Reactions: 8
Reactions: 3
I'm out once again. Spotting and negative test. Should be used to this by now but I'm not.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
When if at all do people start telling family/friends that you’re TTC or struggling to? We’ve chosen to keep everything quiet for the time being but our friends have been way more open, announcing they were TTC last July and they’re not pregnant yet. I’m not sure I could deal with that pressure of everyone knowing you’re trying especially when it takes longer than you anticipate.
For ne I find it all a deeply personal issue. I haven’t told anyone that we’re TTC as i just don’t want to discuss it. I have also had lots of friends who have been very open about it. I also don’t want the pity party that it’s taking us so long. It does frustrate me though every time someone asks about it I just feel like telling them we are trying and struggling to see the look on their face,!

What’s everyone’s views on what to drink / nutrition when TTC? I use Flo and they have loads on this. I read the other day that if you drink coffee 2 max cups per day, and that tea should be decaf and between meals ? I know you shouldn’t drink caffeinated drinks when pregnant but I wondered what people are going whilst trying? I LOVE my tea and drink caffeinated but debating switching to decaf and cutting down whilst TTC. Especially as we seem to be taking so long.
Also alcohol i know should be cut down massively, but I find it so frustrating that people who get pregnant talk about how they were bladdered the weekend before they found out, and hate the idea of depriving myself of things I enjoy like a glass of wine or 2 at the weekend and then I’m not pregnant anyway. But then think well what if my drinking at the weekend is part of why I’m not pregnant..

Last edited:
We are just starting TTC with baby no.2 first baby we did no planning, no vitamins and no ovulation calendars. This time I have read way to much into it and am becoming obsessed with testing. I need to take my mind off it but its so tough.
Thinking of you all and hoping for BFPs all round..
Also how f’ing annoying is buying pregnancy tests and them being negative (feels like throwing money away)(even though it was way to early to test but stil..) arghhhh

Reactions: 4
With my son, I don’t think I gave up caffeine until I was actually pregnant, and only drank alcohol when I was on my period, but it only took us 2 months to conceive so it was easy to do. This time round I’m finding it harder to go without alcohol most of the month because it’s dragging on longer and I also get paranoid that family and close friends will think I’m already pregnant when I’m not.

A few people have mentioned it previously but I also really recommend the book ‘It Starts With The Egg’ you can get it on book reader for your phone for £8 there’s lots in it about supplements (specific to your stage of trying), diet, caffeine and alcohol.

I have massively cut down on alcohol and my limit is max 4 drinks a week & not more than 2 in one day. There’s weeks I’ve not had anything at all particularly during TWW I tend to avoid but by thinking of it like that rather than saying I’m not drinking I feel less limited and enjoy a glass of wine with a meal, which going by the advice is fine.

I also get paranoid that family and close friends will think I’m already pregnant when I’m not.
I say I’m on a diet x

Does anybody have any experience of dealing with endocrinology whilst TTC? We began TTC in January but I’ve got an overactive thyroid and was told we probably shouldn’t try until my thyroid levels out due to medication side effects during pregnancy. The Drs said they would contact endo to see if they think we should try or not whilst on medication and would get back to me as the Drs don’t actually what we should do. I’ve been waiting 4 months for a response so getting quite frustrated! 🤦🏼‍♀️ We haven’t told friends/family we’re TTC to I have nobody else to discuss it with 🙈

Thanks for your feedback ladies.
i think I will finish the current bag of teabags and then go decaf 😅 waste not want not.
And your take on alcohol is an interesting and useful one thanks @Its_Me I may try that rule too. I guess if I only allow a drink on a Friday / Saturday it would be 2 drinks each night. But the 2 week window is so long 😂

Reactions: 1
Thanks for your feedback ladies.
i think I will finish the current bag of teabags and then go decaf 😅 waste not want not.
And your take on alcohol is an interesting and useful one thanks @Its_Me I may try that rule too. I guess if I only allow a drink on a Friday / Saturday it would be 2 drinks each night. But the 2 week window is so long 😂
I would try to leave at least 24 hours between drinking days as much as possible because of the livers function in fertility and the potential of it being overused by detoxing the alcohol. Not being judge-y at all because clearly I like a drink myself lol.

I would try to leave at least 24 hours between drinking days as much as possible because of the livers function in fertility and the potential of it being overused by detoxing the alcohol. Not being judge-y at all because clearly I like a drink myself lol.
Oh I didn’t know that! Thanks for the advice!

• Heart
Oh I didn’t know that! Thanks for the advice!
No worries babe and of course I’m not an expert just saying what I do based on what I’ve read from the book and other stuff. In an ideal world I wouldn’t drink at all until pregnant and given birth but how long are we going to wait for that? People try for 10 years doing everything ‘right’ and don’t conceive whereas people like you said drink all weekend and still have success. So realistically there has to be a balance. Bear in mind though the advice is different if you’re doing IVF x

I’m CD14 and should be ovulating today, but I don’t think I’ve had a peak OPK. I’ve had one which I thought that the line was *almost* the same, but the app scanned it in as high rather than peak, and when I’ve tested this morning it’s lighter. Not sure whether that’s just because LH levels rise as the day goes on, or if I could have missed my peak/not actually had one.

I’m using the Femometer OPKs which I don’t actually love - has anyone else tried them? I feel like they take longer to start even showing a second line compared to other brands I’ve tried. But I do actually really like the app.

I’m CD14 and should be ovulating today, but I don’t think I’ve had a peak OPK. I’ve had one which I thought that the line was *almost* the same, but the app scanned it in as high rather than peak, and when I’ve tested this morning it’s lighter. Not sure whether that’s just because LH levels rise as the day goes on, or if I could have missed my peak/not actually had one.

I’m using the Femometer OPKs which I don’t actually love - has anyone else tried them? I feel like they take longer to start even showing a second line compared to other brands I’ve tried. But I do actually really like the app.
Oh that’s so strange, my ovulation seems to be late this month too! My peak is usually CD13, but I’m now on CD14 without any sign. Hopefully it happens later today and I will ovulate tomorrow.
Fingers crossed yours arrives soon too 🤞🏼

I have slightly shorter cycles (24-26 days on average) and I’m currently CD25 and have a bit of tummy pain - is it period cramps starting or do I just need a poo? Anyone else have this struggle or is it just me 😂

• Haha
I have slightly shorter cycles (24-26 days on average) and I’m currently CD25 and have a bit of tummy pain - is it period cramps starting or do I just need a poo? Anyone else have this struggle or is it just me 😂
Totally familiar! I get this too :LOL:

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.