TTC #5 peeing in pots and on hands

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How many DPO are you? Fingers crossed it could be implantation!

Edited to say your about 13 aren’t you 🤔
Yeah 13DPO, so fairly certain it’s just AF.

Constantly over analysing everything too! Both me and my partner drink a fair amount of fizzy drinks, do you think it’s worth trying to cut down? I could almost cut down completely, maybe just with the occasional lemonade when we eat out as I don’t really love just drinking water with a nice meal in a restaurant, but I think I’ll struggle to get Mr Skates to cut down much - he can easily have 3/4 cans of coke a day, I’ve already got him down from 6 coffees a day to 2🤣

Reactions: 1

Constantly over analysing everything too! Both me and my partner drink a fair amount of fizzy drinks, do you think it’s worth trying to cut down? I could almost cut down completely, maybe just with the occasional lemonade when we eat out as I don’t really love just drinking water with a nice meal in a restaurant, but I think I’ll struggle to get Mr Skates to cut down much - he can easily have 3/4 cans of coke a day, I’ve already got him down from 6 coffees a day to 2🤣
I’m not sure if this helps so just ignore me if it doesn’t.
We (I) track ovulation constantly. We DTD every other day. I cut everything out that was bad for me (it was miserable) and I just focused on TTC. It didn’t get us anywhere.

Then this month. Yes I tracked ovulation but it was just at the back of my mind, not a constant thought. I’ve had wine. I’ve got a medical condition which went wrong and I ended up on anti inflammatory medication which effects fertility, and I’ve had LOADS of codeine. We also only managed DTD once in the whole month due to my pain. (It was around ovulation)

And despite all of that, we got out positive this month. (I’m taking one day at a time but things are going in the right direction)

What I’m trying to say is that you can do everything possible and cut out all of life’s treats, but it may not change anything. So drink that pop! (Unless you want to give it up because mentally it might help?)

I’m rambling sorry x

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I’m not sure if this helps so just ignore me if it doesn’t.
We (I) track ovulation constantly. We DTD every other day. I cut everything out that was bad for me (it was miserable) and I just focused on TTC. It didn’t get us anywhere.

Then this month. Yes I tracked ovulation but it was just at the back of my mind, not a constant thought. I’ve had wine. I’ve got a medical condition which went wrong and I ended up on anti inflammatory medication which effects fertility, and I’ve had LOADS of codeine. We also only managed DTD once in the whole month due to my pain. (It was around ovulation)

And despite all of that, we got out positive this month. (I’m taking one day at a time but things are going in the right direction)

What I’m trying to say is that you can do everything possible and cut out all of life’s treats, but it may not change anything. So drink that pop! (Unless you want to give it up because mentally it might help?)

I’m rambling sorry x
It really helps, thank you so much for sharing your story, and congratulations on your pregnancy!

It’s always reassuring to hear when people haven’t done everything ‘right’ and still get pregnant. I’m going to attempt to cut down, but probably won’t be able to cut it out completely - I know I need to drink more water for general health as well as fertility!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
It really helps, thank you so much for sharing your story, and congratulations on your pregnancy!

It’s always reassuring to hear when people haven’t done everything ‘right’ and still get pregnant. I’m going to attempt to cut down, but probably won’t be able to cut it out completely - I know I need to drink more water for general health as well as fertility!
Me too, I ended up getting my BFP on a month where I didn’t do anything differently. Didn’t cut anything out, just lived my life as normal. I’d had a few weeks off work so my diet was terrible, I’d been out a LOT and got so drunk at bottomless brunch I was sick. I got my positive test on the Monday after I’d been out at a friends 30th on the Saturday night and drank about 3 bottles of wine. I felt so guilty after that but it was all okay ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 7

Yeah I have a coke addiction (coca cola to clarify 😂) I have cut down but that’s mainly because I’m looking ahead to if we need to go to the doctors (will be going in June if we don’t get a positive the next two cycles) and I’m slightly over BMI so I’m being healthier to shift a bit of weight now.. I don’t want the stress of having to do it before an appointment date haha we have enough stress TTC as it is! At the same time.. if I’d have gone full on healthy and cut everything bad out when we started trying I’d be living like a hermit eating lettuce for over a year so I think it’s just balance isn’t it!

3dpo today. Another Two Week wait begins. Going to try my hardest to not symptom spot or test too early.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
10dpo today.. I’m really proud of myself for not testing yet 😂 it was around this time I started getting sore boobs the 2 times I was pregnant so who knows what the day will bring!!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Tried not to symptom spot this morning but I did…convinced myself we’d cracked it but then AF turned up! 😥

On a positive note it’s a new cycle and another chance to try again - will try my best to stick to no symptom spotting/early testing this month!!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I am on CD29, mines usually 28-32 days. I don’t know why but I thought I’d just do a HCG test (those easy@home tests are a little too easy arent they 😳) and I can see an extremely faint second line. Trying not to freak out because it could just be an evap line, but going to test again in the morning. Fingers and toes crossed this is it 🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I am on CD29, mines usually 28-32 days. I don’t know why but I thought I’d just do a HCG test (those easy@home tests are a little too easy arent they 😳) and I can see an extremely faint second line. Trying not to freak out because it could just be an evap line, but going to test again in the morning. Fingers and toes crossed this is it 🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼
Good luck, I hope so!!

Just tested, negative and it seems AF has arrived. Wish I hadn’t done that test yesterday now! Next cycle here we go 🙃

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Just tested, negative and it seems AF has arrived. Wish I hadn’t done that test yesterday now! Next cycle here we go 🙃
I’m so sorry to hear that 🙁

These evap lines are so so cruel. Why in this day and age have they not developed the technology for it not to happen?!

Make sure you have a lovely bank holiday weekend and plan something nice to pamper yourself and I’m sending positive thoughts for next month ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I’m so sorry to hear that 🙁

These evap lines are so so cruel. Why in this day and age have they not developed the technology for it not to happen?!

Make sure you have a lovely bank holiday weekend and plan something nice to pamper yourself and I’m sending positive thoughts for next month ❤
I also can’t believe that there isn’t a technology to tell if an egg has been fertilised or not. That would make the TWW much easier if you knew there was no chance you were pregnant that month, and would also help you work out where the problem is if you’re not getting pregnant - eg. Fertilisation/implantation not happening.

AF is due today and I’ve been spotting for the last couple of days. Hoping it just arrives now and we can get on with another chance!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Been having crazy vivid dreams this month which I thought was a sign, but AF came this morning. Onto the next cycle…

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
Been having crazy vivid dreams this month which I thought was a sign, but AF came this morning. Onto the next cycle…
I had the same and have since read that B vitamins (I think it was B12?) can affect your sleep. So I’ve decided to stop taking Pregnacare as it has really high levels, going back to Seven Seas.

Has anyone taken inositol and had much success with it? Especially in relation to irregular periods
i’ve been taking this for over a month now and it has helped me. my periods feel more regular now and my hormones aren’t all over the place 😆 I’m still waiting for my pcos diagnosis so hopefully i can start metoforim soon too. Although i can get it from superdrug speaking to their dr so not sure if i should do that to quicken up the process 🧐

Reactions: 1
i’ve been taking this for over a month now and it has helped me. my periods feel more regular now and my hormones aren’t all over the place 😆 I’m still waiting for my pcos diagnosis so hopefully i can start metoforim soon too. Although i can get it from superdrug speaking to their dr so not sure if i should do that to quicken up the process 🧐
Ooh that’s good then my pcos is really bad at the minute so anything that can help, have a referral to Gynae soon. Is there any brand you recommend?

When if at all do people start telling family/friends that you’re TTC or struggling to? We’ve chosen to keep everything quiet for the time being but our friends have been way more open, announcing they were TTC last July and they’re not pregnant yet. I’m not sure I could deal with that pressure of everyone knowing you’re trying especially when it takes longer than you anticipate.

Reactions: 4
When if at all do people start telling family/friends that you’re TTC or struggling to? We’ve chosen to keep everything quiet for the time being but our friends have been way more open, announcing they were TTC last July and they’re not pregnant yet. I’m not sure I could deal with that pressure of everyone knowing you’re trying especially when it takes longer than you anticipate.
It’s a very personal decision I think - I wouldn’t want anyone to know, but maybe if I’d got to the point of being multiple years into my journey and was seeking advice/tests from doctors then I might want to confide in close relatives and friends.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.