Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Ilando

VIP Member
Hi all, I am looking to start TTC journey aged 37. Had the implant since I was 16 y/o. Don't have any children although my OH has one from a previous relationship.

I know it is quite late compared to others but I have finally decided that I want and am in a position to have a child. I hope I am lucky enough one day to carry my own.

I had planned on getting the implant out in the new year and starting fresh but after reading difficulties on this thread I am wondering if I should bite the bullet and make a Dr's appointment ASAP?

My OH and I spoke about trying for a child in the next year or so but given my age, I want to be more realistic about how easy if at all I can have a successful pregnancy and I am worried about keeping the implant in too long and missing the opportunity.
hi, I’ve just had my first baby and I’m 37. I struggled to conceive (nothing to do with my age) but once my other medical problems had been tacked, I conceived very quickly.

I think if you know you want a baby then there’s no point putting things off x

Lola UK

VIP Member
OK so after my issue with the blue dye sainsburys test 2 days ago I bought a FR test via amazon. Its just come and I've used it so middle of the day, only peed about 2hr ago and this is the day AF is due and there is definitely two lines! Checked it after 3 mins, I could vomit I feel so nervous 😂
Congratulations 🤍🤍🤍

Marymoo13

Okay ladies I need a second opinion. I took the Tesco test I had, but before taking the test the negative line was already visible, like straight out the packaging I could see it. I still took it and figured if it was faulty the control like wouldn’t appear.
took the test and the control line did appear, but the negative line remained the same, fully visible. BFN. Gutted.
out of frustration I opened the test up and the negative line isn’t even on the test strip? It’s actually been manufactured to be there permanently on the opposite piece of plastic. There is no negative line on the test strip at all.
I’ve added the pic to show what I mean. I’ve read the disastrous reviews about this test online about many many people getting false positives. Is this their way of ensuring all results are negative to make sure there’s no more bad reviews??
I’m assuming I’m negative and will get a different brand test to confirm, but found this so so weird.
0BDEB9B6-E871-4525-8116-CD0EBB38663F.jpeg
9947D6B5-4623-4EC8-8034-374C7FACA641.jpeg

Clickbait

VIP Member
Can I have some recommendations for the most reliable/best ovulation testing kits please? Amazon brings up so many that it’s bewildering.

Are you using a cheaper test strip and then a more expensive one? Are the more expensive ones like Clearblue worth the money?

Alexaj

VIP Member
Other than that I don’t think my diet or lifestyle is terrible. I exercise at least 5 days a week, I’m a healthy weight (closer to underweight than overweight) and don’t drink or smoke. I eat a good breakfast and evening meal with fruit and/or veg. Lunch can be hit and miss with work.
What's your BMI as you've said you're closer to under than overweight? I think ideally for conception it's between 20-25. I seem to remember the Flo app I think giving daily diet advice for conception if that helps?

moggie96

Hoping that this link will work for any of us who are feeling guilty/ wondering if there are things we could or should be doing each month. Made me feel a lot better❤ I know it says embryo transfer but it’s relevant for the ttc journey as a whole.

GlennCoco

VIP Member
My period is 4/5 days late depending on which app I look at. My periods are normally regular, pretty much to the day. But after my 2nd covid jab I had a 55 day cycle. My next one was regular (31 days) and now I'm late again.

I'm desperately trying not to get excited and just keep waiting for my period to arrive (literally DTD once this month as I've been super ill) 😩

DiscoBiscuit

VIP Member
i saw this in an earlier thread, it shows the likelihood that you will have a positive test even if you are pregnant by how many dpo you are https://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/pregnancy-test/
hopefully this will help, I know it’s hard but tests are soooo expensive, stay strong and don’t do it 😂😂
I buy the Internet cheapy ones at first. I save the "proper" ones for 13 or 14 dpo. There's no point doing one at this time of night, but I make no promises about the morning 😂😂

Loopylips

Oh that's so much to consider. Poor you having to think about it all.

If you were to become pregnant would you have to end your course or would you carry on? Would you lose out a lot financially if you packed in?

Do you know where your husband stands on the matter? Is it something you've discussed recently?

It's clear from your post that a big part of you wants to try again. For what it's worth I don't think you should let any age gap put you off. I'd say there are probably pros and cons to any age gap. I think you need to sit down with your husband and have a good chat about how you both feel about it.

Do you think you could set yourself a time frame without it causing you too much stress? Say you'll try again, but if it hasn't happened by X date then you'll stop and accept that chapter is closed. Some people might find it helps, but I get that for some it might be too much pressure.
Thank you so much...

That's something I probably missed out but my husband doesn't really like to talk about it - it causes a lot of tension and when I confronted him recently about him not being open about talking about it he said its because he's worried how I'd be if l lost again - I sort of believe him, but I'm not sure. He also says that I need to lose weight/ get fitter... during the last 18 months I have gone up a size to a 14 and stopped going to the gym so only really walk the dogs now. He says this from a health not aesthetic perspective btw - a close friend of ours is a bigger lady and had terrible problems with her back after she had her babies.... Anyway I feel like he deflects a lot and I can be sure every time I try to bring it up he'll either walk away, change the subject or basically close it down within 3 mins and say unhelpful things like "talk about this? we've done nothing but talk about this for 6 years" which I think is unfair. I suppose deep down he doesn't want to go again really but won't say and actually I also know if I really pushed he would - I'm just not sure I want to go through it all again myself.

The time frame idea is really good. I could have a break from my course and go back to it - they've actually talked a lot about people having to take time out due to pregnancy etc so in that sense it could be worked out.

thanks so much - just putting it all down really helps xx

Clickbait

VIP Member
I've been struggling with the pre-mom strips over the last month or so. Basically it says I haven't ovulated. Even though I can feel I have. Or my "peak" isn't high enough. Luckily we've decided to take a step back due to illness and Christmas just being generally crazy but it is starting to get me down that all of a sudden I'm not ovulating
I found this article whilst searching about the results of the Pre-Mom OPK strips - https://premom.com/blogs/what-is-premom-and-why-premom/what-is-a-t-c-ratio - which basically says “It’s important to know that the exact ratio value is not important. Always look for the last, darkest test line. Aim for the standard peak ratio of 1.0, but know that some women do peak lower (between .8 and 1.0), and others may peak higher than 2.0!” So your peak not being high enough doesn’t seem right.

JLXRD

VIP Member
Still no sign of my period 🙃 I’m guessing my vaccine has fucked up my cycle which is just great
Have you tested? Sorry if you said so earlier up the thread, I’ve not been around in a while.

Unsure if it’s my second vaccine or my MC but I’m on CD 32 and think I haven’t even ovulated yet going by my temp 😩

That looks like a positive result to me. Congratulations! I googled what an evap line was and it’s supposed to be colourless (like a water mark) - that is definitely blue.
Thank you! It's hard to be excited until I've got it confirmed by a frer haha but this is the most convinced I've felt so far! Absolutely no symptoms though🤷‍♀️

Honeybeetea

Does anyone else have a weird pinching feeling around ovulation day? I’ve never had any ovulation symptoms before so now I’m freaking myself out! 🤣

pinkstock

Hi guys, sorry if this has been mentioned, I'm new to Tattle and this thread- does anyone take folic acid whilst trying to conceive? I read about it but didn't know if anyone currently takes it or what their opinions are.
Welcome ❤ Yes! I just take the boots own brand. My doc said I should be taking it consistently for a few months before conceiving.

Doing my own head in at the mo. I’ve started a new exercise class and I don’t know if my chest is sore from that. Or I have sore / heavy boobs. Also woken up feeling very sick this morning. But don’t know if I’m starting with a bug 😭 I wish pregnancy symptoms wouldn’t be so similar to numerous other ailments haha

DiscoBiscuit

VIP Member
Is there a shortage of First Response tests? I've been to 3 different shops this morning and none of them had any. I ended buying Clearblue, which I don't like. Anyway, I've done one of those and a cheap Internet one, and they both seem to be negative. 🙄

I've been tracking everything on 2 apps. One says I'm due on today, the other one says tomorrow.

I've no real symptoms at the moment. I think I've been having an odd taste in my mouth, but then I wonder if I'm imagining it because I want it to be there. I had some mild cramping on 10 or 11 dpo, and the tiniest amount of pinkish discharge, but nothing else.

So I think it could still go either way...and it's driving me insane 😣

Daisydunn15

VIP Member
Has anyone tried sainsburys own tests? I was on the hunt for first response yesterday but the little local sainaburys only sold their own brand so I just picked those up on my way home. I've used one this morning and it looks positive but it's blue dye and I dunno whether to trust the brand. I'm 13dpo and AF is due tomorrow so I don't have very long to wait either way, wish I'd just gone to a bigger supermarket!

Its_Me

VIP Member
Yep I think that sounds about right.

Currently in my TWW here, only 4DPO. Fingers crossed to us all!
Thank you, and good luck xx

I would be due on 19th not holding out too much hope as haven’t been doing anything special not been taking my vitamins etc as I said was going to focus on trying properly next year but was active over the weekend so never know 🥰🤞