TTC #4

How long are you TTC?

• Total voters
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Posting a follow on thread from the last one as it’s reached the max. Hope I did it right

some acronyms

DTD - do the deed/have sex

AF - aunt flo

TTC - trying to conceive

OPK - ovulation prediction kit

BFN - big fat negative

BFP - big fat positive

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Thanks for the new thread!
I'm having a bit of a TTC dilemma. If I got pregnant this cycle the due date would be a few days before my son's birthday. He's been an only child for 10 years and I'm worried it would make him feel pushed out. However, this is our 10th cycle TTC and I really don't want to miss one out at this stage and I feel like chances are it won't happen anyway! What would you do?

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I’m five days away from period and about 8/9 dpo. Took a test yesterday and was negative - even though too early I already feel deflated 🙈 I hate the waiting part! It’s a constant mix of being excited and then disappointed 😫

• Heart
I'm having a bit of a TTC dilemma. If I got pregnant this cycle the due date would be a few days before my son's birthday. He's been an only child for 10 years and I'm worried it would make him feel pushed out. However, this is our 10th cycle TTC and I really don't want to miss one out at this stage and I feel like chances are it won't happen anyway! What would you do?
I wouldn’t skip the cycle, anything can happen. Babies can come early or late & maybe your son will think it’s the best present ever ❤

Just off the phone from my GP, she said due to my age & short luteal phase she will refer me to Gynae as she can’t prescribe me anything. I told her il go private as not willing to wait as a public patient. So just need to wait now and see what happens next 🤞🏻

• Heart
I'd try anyway, cos I've felt like that the last 3 years around the time that it would have meant I'd be due at my daughters birthday but still never got pregnant anyway, as long as kids have one special day it doesn't really matter

• Heart
If we've been successful this cycle then my due date would be the same month as my little boy's birthday. I debated not trying this month, but I knew I'd always wonder if this would have been the time we'd have been successful, so we carried on as planned.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Anyone in Ireland here that has a good or bad experience of a fertility clinic? I can't hack any more months of trying our hardest and nothing happening so going for IUI and just wondering if anyone has any recommendations in the Dublin or surrounding area?

Have done all my tests through first IVF in Clane, just found them a bit useless for following up so then went a got a second opinion in Waterstones in Dublin. Place is like a 5 star hotel, 200 odd euro for 10 mins to be told again its just unexplained infertility and a shrug of the shoulders.

Just want to go somewhere where I get treated like they actually care, health insurance doesn't cover any fertility treatment so lot of money and don't want to feel like I am handing over thousands to someone who doesn't give a shite whether its successful or not

Hi Guys,

Long time Lurker here who’s finally feeling brave enough to share my journey.

TRIGGER WARNING. MC AND BABY LOSS (I don’t know how to add one of the drop down boxes, Sorry!)

Ive been with my partner for 13 years and we never really were 100% set on having children until we fell pregnant in December 2019. Unfortunately I had an early miscarriage in January 2020 and we were heartbroken but realised we wanted nothing more than a family

Roll on August 2020 we fall pregnant with our Rainbow baby after 1 month TTC. After a difficult pregnancy, I had an emergency section at 33 weeks and sadly my beautiful baby boy Henry passed away at 5 days old in March.

We’re now on Cycle 3 of TTC and I cannot even begin to describe the different emotions I’m feeling. I’ve seen the support and love you guys give each other and im hoping I can be apart of this too.

Love to you all xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Anyone in Ireland here that has a good or bad experience of a fertility clinic? I can't hack any more months of trying our hardest and nothing happening so going for IUI and just wondering if anyone has any recommendations in the Dublin or surrounding area?

Have done all my tests through first IVF in Clane, just found them a bit useless for following up so then went a got a second opinion in Waterstones in Dublin. Place is like a 5 star hotel, 200 odd euro for 10 mins to be told again its just unexplained infertility and a shrug of the shoulders.

Just want to go somewhere where I get treated like they actually care, health insurance doesn't cover any fertility treatment so lot of money and don't want to feel like I am handing over thousands to someone who doesn't give a shite whether its successful or not
Hi there,

We are going through Dr Mocanu who is based in the Rotunda private clinic - he refers to First IVF in Clane for egg collection and transplany, but does all his scan appointments etc in the Rotunda. We have found him very good, albeit forthright, but sometimes that is what you need in these situations.

I have been hearing that almost all clinics in Ireland are stretched due to the amount of people coming forward for treatment, and wait times are really really long.

Hi Guys,

TRIGGER WARNING. MC AND BABY LOSS (I don’t know how to add one of the drop down boxes, Sorry!)

Ive been with my partner for 13 years and we never really were 100% set on having children until we fell pregnant in December 2019. Unfortunately I had an early miscarriage in January 2020 and we were heartbroken but realised we wanted nothing more than a family

Roll on August 2020 we fall pregnant with our Rainbow baby after 1 month TTC. After a difficult pregnancy, I had an emergency section at 33 weeks and sadly my beautiful baby boy Henry passed away at 5 days old in March.

We’re now on Cycle 3 of TTC and I cannot even begin to describe the different emotions I’m feeling. I’ve seen the support and love you guys give each other and im hoping I can be apart of this too.

Love to you all xxx
Hello and welcome 🤍 I’m so sorry to read your story and I hope you get your rainbow baby soon. We have a baby loss thread too if you ever want to come join us over there

• Heart
So frustrated. I’m 7dpo today and started spotting really lightly with cramps. My period isn’t due for 6 more days but I have a feeling the second vaccine I got at 5dpo is messing with this cycle.

• Sad
Reactions: 1
Hi there,

We are going through Dr Mocanu who is based in the Rotunda private clinic - he refers to First IVF in Clane for egg collection and transplany, but does all his scan appointments etc in the Rotunda. We have found him very good, albeit forthright, but sometimes that is what you need in these situations.

I have been hearing that almost all clinics in Ireland are stretched due to the amount of people coming forward for treatment, and wait times are really really long.
Thanks for that, will look them up x

So frustrated. I’m 7dpo today and started spotting really lightly with cramps. My period isn’t due for 6 more days but I have a feeling the second vaccine I got at 5dpo is messing with this cycle.
Might be Implantation bleeding and cramps! I’ve got cramps today ( 8/9 dpo) and really hoping it’s implantation and not period :(

Reactions: 3
Might be Implantation bleeding and cramps! I’ve got cramps today ( 8/9 dpo) and really hoping it’s implantation and not period :(
I’m at the same point as well! I had my second vaccine two weeks ago and feel like it’s that messing things up rather than anything. My cramping really does feel exactly the same as when AF is coming so I can’t imagine it’s implantation for me.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I’m hoping it could be implantation but it feels totally different to the implantation cramps I had with my Mmc in October :/

Hi Guys,

Love to you all xxx
Welcome to the thread, so sorry to hear about Henry 🤍

my ovulation pains have been bad this month, feel like have backache and dull aches and pains. I never used to have ovulation pains before? Don’t want to blame the vaccine but I am 🙈 feel frustrated I can’t try again until autumn/winter. I just want to grab every opportunity, which is impossible without a penis 🤣

Unfortunately OH has been told he has less than 1% healthy sperm. We are devastated. We don’t have any other details other than that at the moment but he will have an ultrasound to rule out blockage.
My period also came today. It felt like a big ‘duck you’!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
Unfortunately OH has been told he has less than 1% healthy sperm. We are devastated. We don’t have any other details other than that at the moment but he will have an ultrasound to rule out blockage.
So sorry 😞 sending ❤❤❤

Sorry that it wasn’t better news for you lovely. Sending love ❤.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.