True ghost stories šŸ‘»

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This isnā€™t a ghost story, itā€™s just weird and I canā€™t explain it.

Okay, so for as long as I can remember Iā€™ve had the same dream at least four times a year, for at least 12 years. The dream involves hitler.

So I have a medical device in my body (this is relevant) .

In this dream I am in a room surrounded by nazis and a doctor, heā€™s a short man with round glasses . They are talking and say ā€œwe canā€™t start til he is here, he will want to see thisā€ . In the pit of my stomach I know who he is (hitler) . Iā€™m on my side and the doctor uses what can only be described as a corkscrew, and starts twisting it into my lower spine (where in real life my device is). I can feel the pain but canā€™t scream. Just as Iā€™m about to pass out the door opens and everyone stands to attention. I then wake up.

As I said Iā€™ve had this dream for years. I canā€™t watch anything to do with hitler or nazis etc. I went to the Anne frank museum and didnā€™t realise there was an Auschwitz section, I froze and couldnā€™t move, I felt sick and was shaking, my then boyfriend (now fiancĆ©) had to take me by the hand and get me out of there. Once I was outside I was back to normal.

As I said Iā€™ve had this dream for years and years until I went to Berlin. I went to Berlin in 2016 and havenā€™t had the dream since.

Sorry itā€™s so long but I canā€™t explain it!
Do you have a sacral nerve pacemaker?

This isnā€™t a ghost story, itā€™s just weird and I canā€™t explain it.

Okay, so for as long as I can remember Iā€™ve had the same dream at least four times a year, for at least 12 years. The dream involves hitler.

So I have a medical device in my body (this is relevant) .

In this dream I am in a room surrounded by nazis and a doctor, heā€™s a short man with round glasses . They are talking and say ā€œwe canā€™t start til he is here, he will want to see thisā€ . In the pit of my stomach I know who he is (hitler) . Iā€™m on my side and the doctor uses what can only be described as a corkscrew, and starts twisting it into my lower spine (where in real life my device is). I can feel the pain but canā€™t scream. Just as Iā€™m about to pass out the door opens and everyone stands to attention. I then wake up.

As I said Iā€™ve had this dream for years. I canā€™t watch anything to do with hitler or nazis etc. I went to the Anne frank museum and didnā€™t realise there was an Auschwitz section, I froze and couldnā€™t move, I felt sick and was shaking, my then boyfriend (now fiancĆ©) had to take me by the hand and get me out of there. Once I was outside I was back to normal.

As I said Iā€™ve had this dream for years and years until I went to Berlin. I went to Berlin in 2016 and havenā€™t had the dream since.

Sorry itā€™s so long but I canā€™t explain it!
Wonder if in a previous life you were tortured by nazis

Reactions: 14
Off of Fortean Times;

Now this didn't actually happen to me, but my Uncle. I've been a bit of a lurker here, but heard this great story at the weekend, and thought you might be interested to hear it. So here it is posted with my Uncle's permission (albeit with names removed).

My Uncle was a Special Constable (volunteer policeman) for most of the '90s, and this happened in 1995. Him and his partner received a call to a quiet, middle class housing scheme of modern (1970s built) houses. It was early summer and late in the afternoon so still daylight. The report was that a woman had been found dead in her home; it's common in Scotland that the police are called to all "unexplained" deaths and will make a report on the death. Only a tiny fraction of these deaths become classified as "suspicious" and merit any further police investigation.

On arriving at the house they met the paramedics who were just getting ready to leave. The paramedics told my uncle and his partner that the death was of a 62 year old woman, who was found dead in the upstairs bedroom. The paramedics thought that it had been some form of embolism or haemorrhage but that the duty doctor had been called to formally confirm death. The paramedics told my Uncle and his partner that the family were downstairs in the lounge, and now that my Uncle and his partner had arrived they would go.

My Uncle and his partner then went into the house, which my uncle described as a normal semi detached suburban home. They went and spoke to the family and established that the woman lived alone (her two sons were grown up but lived nearby) and had been due to return from holiday late the previous night. Both her sons and her neice (who my Uncle thought looked about 17/18) had called the woman a number of times during the day, and having had no answer had gone round that afternoon and let themselves in. They had discovered the woman dead and phoned the ambulance.

My Uncle's partner stayed downstairs with the family, while my Uncle went upstairs to investigate the scene further. There were three bedrooms upstairs, the first had the door open and contained nothing of much interest. My Uncle noted that the house was very clean and well maintained; the woman was obviously houseproud. He then opened the door to the smallest bedroom, inside were two packed suitcases. He assumed that the woman arrived home late the previous night and left the suitcases in the spare bedroom intending to unpack them the next day.

Leaving the spare room he was startled to see a woman standing by the (closed) master bedroom door on the other side of the landing looking at him. He described the woman as older, grey haired, tall and well dressed in a grey wool jacket and skirt. She was looking at him with an expression of confusion on her face. My Uncle didn't think anyone else was up the stairs and was initially startled but naturally assumed this was a relative. He said something along the lines of "Sorry to have disturbed you, I didn't realise there was anyone else up here". The woman continued to look at him with a confused expression, but he assumed that as a relative she would naturally be confused by a sudden death. At that point the doorbell wrang and assuming (correctly) it was the duty doctor he said "I'll have to go get that", the woman continued to look at him but slowly nodded.

My Uncle answered the door to the duty doctor (a young man he has met before), after bringing him into the lounge for introductions he took him upstairs to the master bedroom while the partner continued to wait with the family downstairs. As my Uncle went up the stairs with the doctor he noted that the landing was now empty and assumed that the woman must have gone downstairs. Upon entering the master bedroom, however, he was shocked to see that the dead woman in the bed was the same woman he had just seen on the landing! Fortunately he was standing behind the doctor who didn't see the look of shock on his face.

While the doctor was doing the examination he managed to compose himself and told himself that they couldn't possibly be the same woman and that he must have seen a sister or a cousin who bore a strong resemblance.

The doctor officially pronounced death, and stated that it did indeed seem to be a haemorrhage or embolism, but this would be cofirmed by an autopsy. They then both went downstairs and the doctor discussed the arrangements for the body being collected before leaving.

My Uncle didn't see anyone in the lounge who looked like the woman he saw on the landing and asked the family where the older woman that was upstairs was. The family looked confused and said that there was no older woman there and that none of the friends or family had been upstairs since the police arrived. Very shocked, but with nothing else to do, my Uncle then left with his partner.

In the car my Uncle's partner asked why he had been asking about an older woman -reluctantly my Uncle explained. His partner at this time was an older, very serious, career officer and he expected to be the butt of every joke in the station for weeks to come. The partner though just slowly nodded his head and said "Aye, you see some weird sh*t in this job". He never mentioned it again to my Uncle or (to the best of his knowledge) anybody else.

After this story I asked my Uncle what had happened afterwards. He said that the autopsy has confirmed the woman died of natural causes and that their police report simply stated that there appeared to be no signs of any disturbance, and no evidence that anyone else had been present at the time of death.

I've tried to summarise my Uncle's story here. I did ask him more about his sighting of the woman and he said that she just seemed like a "normal" person - she wasn't transparent or blurry or anything and he felt no cold spots or feeling of unease.
SOunds as if the woman was confused and/or didn't realise she was dead!! Very scary and spooky.

• Sad
Reactions: 16
When I was around 5 I was in bed at night and suddenly woke up, as I opened my eyes I saw a pair of feet in slippers next to me, I looked at the bottom of the bed and saw a old lady sat there knitting and she smiled at me.

I put the cover over my head and eventually fell back to sleep. Wether I was half a sleep and I was seeing things but it definitely felt real and itā€™s something Iā€™ll always remember.

Another time I was a teenager and my dog would randomly bark and growl at the bottom of the stairs and would be looking up to the top of them, he would often do this. Weā€™d sometimes have music randomly being turned on as well and it would always be like song number 3 from the album that was inside the CD player

• Wow
Reactions: 6
My dad is from Ghana and when he first moved to the UK in the 60s he was staying in a room in a big old Victorian terraced house in London. He said next to his bed was a dressing table with a mirror above. One night he woke up and could see the reflection of a white woman holding a candle in the dressing room mirror. He was startled and flipped around to ask her wtf she was doing in his room - only there was no one there. He could, however, smell the candle burning. He said it confused the heck out of him but eventually he went back to sleep.

Next day he was talking to another guest at the house who was renting a room who apparently looked shocked at the tale and said he had seen the woman too, doing the same thing - standing there holding a candle.

Dad moved out not long after that, said the whole place gave him the eebie jeebies šŸ˜‚

• Wow
Reactions: 16
My dad is from Ghana and when he first moved to the UK in the 60s he was staying in a room in a big old Victorian terraced house in London. He said next to his bed was a dressing table with a mirror above. One night he woke up and could see the reflection of a white woman holding a candle in the dressing room mirror. He was startled and flipped around to ask her wtf she was doing in his room - only there was no one there. He could, however, smell the candle burning. He said it confused the heck out of him but eventually he went back to sleep.

Next day he was talking to another guest at the house who was renting a room who apparently looked shocked at the tale and said he had seen the woman too, doing the same thing - standing there holding a candle.

Dad moved out not long after that, said the whole place gave him the eebie jeebies šŸ˜‚
Oh my! I'd be terrified! Especially at smelling the candle part, as it is a smell that lingers.

ive had a few things I cant explain happen to me, one was I went along with a friend who saw a psychic in a pub I only went as company for her, she went over had her reading and came back to where id been sitting, she said he wants to speak with you as hes very interested in what someone wants to say to you, well I didn't want to so gestured over to him , he was insistant on me coming over, I went over to say to him I wasn't interested and he said "Mick wants to say hello" I said I don't know who he is , he Said "Micks a she" I said istill don't know who it is, he then said "ok but Mary is in the background saying a big hello to your mum and Mick wants to say hello" well Mary was my gran who passed when my mum was 5 but I didn't know who Mick was, He also said that a man in a white vest is here with mary and hes happy but hes joking at How they broke the mould when they made him, I knew that was my grandad but still didn't know who Mick was. So I went away a bit shocked but curious who Mick was as a woman, the next day I phoned my mum and explained about the night before and said I was baffled by Mick who was supposed to be a woman, well my mum was silent on the other end, I kept saying Hello Hello in the end I thought she had disconnected the call, so I tried again ready to ask why the call was disconnected, she said when you first came on I was thinking yeah yeah anyone could get the names but she said when you said Mick that was her great Aunts nickname that only her husband called her and mum never knew why as her name was Elizabeth, she brought mum up whilst my grandad was in the navy in wartime and losing her mum so young she looked after the 2 girls (mum and her younger sister), she said only her uncle would have called her that so she was in shock when I told her.

the other was my sister had bought a terrace house and in the shed was all little walking sticks and a medical box, we found out an old nurse had lived in the house before her, well my sister asked me to babysit her son and she had baby monitors on the wall, she also had big old fashioned oak paneled doors in every room, one night as I was baby sitting I heard a mans voice say quite loudly "See to the baby" I looked around and there wasn't a soul there so I said the baby monitors have picked up other people talking , I settled down again, then a woman came over the Monitor saying "didn't you hear him see to the baby" at which point I shot off upstairs leaving the oak door wide open, when I got upstairs the baby was awake and looking over to the corner of the room smiling, at that point when I looked where he was looking to I felt a cold sensation and downstairs heard the oak door slam shut, a cat outside screamed out well to say I s**t myself was an understatement I grabbed the baby went into another room and stayed there until my sister got home, when she came in I was physically trembling, she said Oh I take it you met him then, I didn't want to stay there but ended up staying but was awake all night , she said she had never heard the womans voice just the man and had walked through him on the stairs but oddly didn't feel scared just sad , I never visited again when she wanted me to babysit I asked her to bring him to our house it freaked me out so badly

I am working in a very old listed gothic style building in London, it is 100% haunted. Just by looking at it you can tell there are many lost souls living here..
It used to be home for orphans ( one of them died alive during fire at night, they say that her ghost is still wandering around this building) During 2nd World War it was London Reception Centre, they would treat injured soldiers here, I've heard that in the basement they would hang suspected spies and torture people.
Myself and my colleagues have heard lots of un-explained noises, my colleague once wanted to open the door and before she could even grab the handle the door opened itself (there was no draft, no open windows).
However there was one very creepy event not that long ago. We put up new wall art in the waiting room , it was attached quite firmly on to the wall and couldn't fall so easily. On Friday evening I locked everything up and came back to office on Monday morning.. the new wall art peace was taken down and placed on the other side of the room neatly on the table. When my boss came to work I asked him what happened, did it fall off? He was very surprised and said that no one was here over the weekend. He was very worried and thought that someone broke in over the weekend ( but nothing was missing ) so we checked our CCTV cameras of the waiting room - these cameras are top quality and have never turned themselves off. They record every single moment 24/7. However, during that weekend something happened and they stopped working for few hours so we didn't see the moment when the wall art was taken down. One moment it's on the wall, and when the cameras came back on after few hours the painting was down.
I then asked the care taker of the building to show me the CCTV footage from outside- if someone walked in the office we would find out by checking these cameras. Nothing.. not a single human being walked passed our door that weekend.
We still don't know what happened.. How can a painting remove itself from the wall and travel to the other side of the room.
That's really spooky, my grandad died when I was 11 and one night in my mums house when I lived at home a card physically lifted in the air and fell on the floor , both mum and I looked at each other we had been talking about Grandad and his quirks and his memorial card was by a photo on the top of the telly, it was this card that we watched and both of us said it had risen up into the air, I thought maybe a gust of wind had blwn it but as mum pointed out it was like it levitated in the air before dropping

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
Love this thread! Also big thanks to the whoever linked the DS threads šŸ˜‚ Iā€™ve been hooked on them! Still trawling my way through them! šŸ‘»

I've had many experiences I could fill a book, but I'm happy to post a couple.

When I was 16 I was going to my brother's birthday party meet up in an old pub. My mum and I turned up to meet him and his family at the bar, and by the entrance were benches inside of the pub, one of which had an old man on it and a dog sat by him.

I can't really explain this, but this man and dog "disappeared" and for a few seconds I saw 2 women in huge Victorian style dresses, the type that stick out massively sitting on this bench where this man was with his dog. They had really old fashioned newspapers and cups of tea with saucers and a cake stand on the bench. They were talking and laughing together with their old fashioned hats on and it was like I was watching a film back in time, they didn't acknowledge me at all or anyone else in the room. Seconds later, they vanished and it was back to the man and his dog. We get seated in another part of the pub for the lunch and on the placemats are the outside of the pub in Victorian times with women in the exact same style dress as the 2 I saw infront of my eyes.

I know it's hard to believe, but I can assure you was very much true and I was so fascinated.

I heard my nan call my name when I went to visit her grave as a small child. It was so calm and angelic sounding, peaceful.

The other story is seeing an old man in my mirror aged 5/6 when I was in bed and couldn't shake off the feeling of being watched. The only way I could describe him was as though he was solid white and every single detail of his was drawn in pencil, grey/black. Like someone putting on white face paint and having every wrinkle or line on their face drawn in black or grey gace paint over the white. I remember screaming and he started to laugh his head back and forth, and my mum ran in to ask what the hell was going on and I said that there was a man's face in my mirror and he was still there until she turned around. He was chubby and looked like the KFC Colonel without glasses and my sister in law, mum dad and visitors to the house have seen him too, so no overactive childhood imagination. My mum had him visit her almost nightly at 3am and she found him good company stood there staring at him, she even tried talking to him on various occasions!

Apparently I used to complain about a boy in the corner of my room crying and a scary looking woman running up the stairs in a red jumper, although being honest; I can't remember them. TV channels would turn over or the TV turning on and off and volume, doors would slam shut.

Mum got a spiritualist church type person to come over and we found out that the woman was the man's sick wife and she had my mum's room (which is why he probably why he watched over my mum so much) and he had my room, I can only presume the boy was maybe their son (?) And apparently there was also supposed to be a ghost cat there.

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Ok chances are it wasnā€™t a ghost, probably a fox or something, but Iā€™ve literally just walked in from looking for a missing person, was in the middle of searching the very dark, very quiet churchyard when I heard the shrillest scream Iā€™ve ever heard in my life.

Anyway, it turns out my go to self defence manoeuvre is a kind of drop, squat, freeze and gurn kind of move, which isnā€™t very reassuring šŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Ok chances are it wasnā€™t a ghost, probably a fox or something, but Iā€™ve literally just walked in from looking for a missing person, was in the middle of searching the very dark, very quiet churchyard when I heard the shrillest scream Iā€™ve ever heard in my life.

Anyway, it turns out my go to self defence manoeuvre is a kind of drop, squat, freeze and gurn kind of move, which isnā€™t very reassuring šŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø
Oh nooo! That must have been eerie! I hope you find your missing person.

Reactions: 2
My stories aren't nearly as in depth as the other ones here, but I love this thread and want to keep it going! I come from an Irish-American Catholic family and the belief in ghosts and stuff is strong.

I only have one ghost encounter in my life and I was around 4 or 5 years old. I was running around the house by myself while my mom was getting ready for work. I rounded a corner in the hallway and there, right in front of me on the wall, is what I remember being a "shadow." It was literally a dark gray human outline on the wall, but there was no light source behind me and it was slightly larger than my size.

I stopped in my tracks and kinda gasped. And it sounds dumb now, but the first thing that popped into my little kid mind was "is this Jesus?" (which I just think translates to "spiritual being" at this point lol). I froze in place and stared. And then the shadow lifted its arm and waved at me (a friendly little wave, tbh). This scared the tit out of me and I SPRINTED back across the house to where my mom was. But she was busy getting ready for work still and brushed me off / thought I was just imagining things.

Kinda ironic that my mom brushed me off, since she's the same one that tells me another story from my childhood (that I don't personally remember). Apparently when I was around 4 she had been reading a book on "how to discuss god / religion with your young child." So one day, while we were folding laundry together, she was telling me about how God and angels are lovely beings, etc.

Apparently I nodded along and then said, "So does that mean when the angel people come to visit me night when I'm sleeping, I should go with them?" She says she instantly started freaking out but had to hide it and just agree like "ummmm yeah honey, sure." šŸ˜‚

Really wish I remembered these "angels" that used to visit me at night šŸ¤”

• Haha
Reactions: 7
When we moved to our current home our son was 1, as soon as he could talk he would always talk about the man in the hallway!

We would also hear him saying hello and waving to people that werenā€™t there!
He did this till he was about 5 and would always just say ā€œoh itā€™s only the man in the hall mummy ā€œ

I thought it was just his imagination - until one evening washing up I was looking out the window and saw the reflection of a figure walk across the doorway behind me, thinking it was hubby I walked out to say something to him but he was upstairs in the shower and kids fast asleep in their beds!
That same night both hubby and I were awoken to what sounded like someone running really heavily in the hall! Again thinking it was the kids I got out of bed ready to bollock them and get back to bed as it was early hours, but they were again still asleep!

Since that night about 6!years ago weā€™ve had nothing! All very odd! šŸ‘»šŸ‘»

• Wow
Reactions: 8
About ten years ago I lived in an old Victorian terraced house that had been converted into two flats. I lived on the ground floor and used to have terrible problems with the neighbours making noise. Almost like clockwork every night there'd be pacing back and forth, loud conversations, banging things, the sound of floors being scrubbed. I really didn't feel comfortable approaching them as I'm not the type so I called the landlord of the building to ask if he could have a discreet word about the noise as it starts at 9pm and goes on until the early hours. He said to me no one has been in the top floor flat for months. I was pretty taken aback and didn't know what to say so I just said sorry for wasting your time it must be coming from one of the other neighbours and left it.

It still completely baffled me because I could hear the noise and literally feel the vibrations coming directly above the rooms in my flat. If I'm honest 'ghosts' didn't come to mind because I don't really believe in that, and this felt very real not like something supernatural happening. That same night it happened again so I thought this is just ridiculous and went out into the hallway and up the stairs to the top floor flat. I knocked the door and it opened just enough with the chain latch still on. For some reason I wasn't expecting an answer so I just sort of said "oh hi, I live downstairs. Have you just moved in?" to which a woman replied in a deep Bristol accent "Aw, are we making too much noise? Sorry my love. We'll try to keep it down", I said "oh it's okay, it's just I have to get up early and couldn't sleep the past few nights". She took the chain latch off and opened the door further. She looked like she was wearing an apron and some raggedy dress/skirt underneath and a hairnet or something on her head covering her hair. So anyway I said "sorry to disturb you" and started making my goodbyes and she said "It's alright my love, it's nice to have the company" I half-laughed and went to walk back down the stairs then I stopped and said "you said we", she replies "sorry my love?", I said "you said we'll keep the noise down" and she says "oh, don't mind me my love" and scattered off slowly into the flat, saying goodnight.

The next day I rang the landlord again and said I'd spoken to a woman last night which is weird because you said there wasn't anyone living there. He sounded like he'd been caught out or something. He said he'd come round to the flat later that day to talk to me. He ended up telling me that he can never occupy the top floor flat for more than a few weeks because people complain of it being "haunted" with tenants telling stories of a cleaning lady that won't leave them alone. At this point I was actually laughing and kept asking so you're telling me I spoke to a ghost? And he had his head in his hands and just said "I don't know, I don't know anymore".

I stayed in the flat as I mentioned I didn't believe in ghosts but found the whole thing really odd. More and more strange things kept happening over the months like I would wake up and see shadow figures then turn the lights on and nothing would be there. One night I woke up and someone whispered "little tell tale" in my ear. The noises upstairs kept happening, though less frequently. Eventually a young couple moved in up stairs and after they'd been there for a week I heard the woman screaming the entire house down and thought "what's happened there". The next day I saw her in the hallway and asked if everything was okay last night? She laughed and said oh yes fine, it will sound crazy if I told you. I said 'go on...', she said that she woke up to someone stroking her hair and when she turned around it wasn't her boyfriend but a woman wearing a hairnet. As she screamed her boyfriend came running in who had left to go to the toilet. She said 'maybe I was having a nightmare, it just felt really real'. I said 'yeah probably'

At that point it was April and my tenancy was up in May. The day I left I got in the car and looked up at the building. In the very top window was a woman in a hairnet dusting the windows. I waved but it was as I couldn't catch her attention. I started the car and looked up as I drove off and she was gone.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
About ten years ago I lived in an old Victorian terraced house that had been converted into two flats. I lived on the ground floor and used to have terrible problems with the neighbours making noise. Almost like clockwork every night there'd be pacing back and forth, loud conversations, banging things, the sound of floors being scrubbed. I really didn't feel comfortable approaching them as I'm not the type so I called the landlord of the building to ask if he could have a discreet word about the noise as it starts at 9pm and goes on until the early hours. He said to me no one has been in the top floor flat for months. I was pretty taken aback and didn't know what to say so I just said sorry for wasting your time it must be coming from one of the other neighbours and left it.

It still completely baffled me because I could hear the noise and literally feel the vibrations coming directly above the rooms in my flat. If I'm honest 'ghosts' didn't come to mind because I don't really believe in that, and this felt very real not like something supernatural happening. That same night it happened again so I thought this is just ridiculous and went out into the hallway and up the stairs to the top floor flat. I knocked the door and it opened just enough with the chain latch still on. For some reason I wasn't expecting an answer so I just sort of said "oh hi, I live downstairs. Have you just moved in?" to which a woman replied in a deep Bristol accent "Aw, are we making too much noise? Sorry my love. We'll try to keep it down", I said "oh it's okay, it's just I have to get up early and couldn't sleep the past few nights". She took the chain latch off and opened the door further. She looked like she was wearing an apron and some raggedy dress/skirt underneath and a hairnet or something on her head covering her hair. So anyway I said "sorry to disturb you" and started making my goodbyes and she said "It's alright my love, it's nice to have the company" I half-laughed and went to walk back down the stairs then I stopped and said "you said we", she replies "sorry my love?", I said "you said we'll keep the noise down" and she says "oh, don't mind me my love" and scattered off slowly into the flat, saying goodnight.

The next day I rang the landlord again and said I'd spoken to a woman last night which is weird because you said there wasn't anyone living there. He sounded like he'd been caught out or something. He said he'd come round to the flat later that day to talk to me. He ended up telling me that he can never occupy the top floor flat for more than a few weeks because people complain of it being "haunted" with tenants telling stories of a cleaning lady that won't leave them alone. At this point I was actually laughing and kept asking so you're telling me I spoke to a ghost? And he had his head in his hands and just said "I don't know, I don't know anymore".

I stayed in the flat as I mentioned I didn't believe in ghosts but found the whole thing really odd. More and more strange things kept happening over the months like I would wake up and see shadow figures then turn the lights on and nothing would be there. One night I woke up and someone whispered "little tell tale" in my ear. The noises upstairs kept happening, though less frequently. Eventually a young couple moved in up stairs and after they'd been there for a week I heard the woman screaming the entire house down and thought "what's happened there". The next day I saw her in the hallway and asked if everything was okay last night? She laughed and said oh yes fine, it will sound crazy if I told you. I said 'go on...', she said that she woke up to someone stroking her hair and when she turned around it wasn't her boyfriend but a woman wearing a hairnet. As she screamed her boyfriend came running in who had left to go to the toilet. She said 'maybe I was having a nightmare, it just felt really real'. I said 'yeah probably'

At that point it was April and my tenancy was up in May. The day I left I got in the car and looked up at the building. In the very top window was a woman in a hairnet dusting the windows. I waved but it was as I couldn't catch her attention. I started the car and looked up as I drove off and she was gone.
Oooh I loved reading that!!

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.