True ghost stories 👻

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When I was young I was be drifting off to sleep and I was woken by someone whispering wake up harshly in my ear. I thought I was half dreaming. It wasn't until years later when talking to a friend that I wondered if It had been more than that! as she told me when we were younger and she had slept at my house she had woken up in the middle of the night and saw an old man standing over me and watching me as I slept.

• Wow
Reactions: 33
I have experienced sleep paralysis twice, very scary. I tried to scream at the person standing at the end of my bed but couldnt use my voice. Couldn't move. Such a scary moment. For me though Im convinced I was super tired rather than it being a supernatural thing.
Yes it’s not real in the sense that there is something supernatural going on, just all in the mind! Terrifying though!

Reactions: 6
When I was young I was be drifting off to sleep and I was woken by someone whispering wake up harshly in my ear. I thought I was half dreaming. It wasn't until years later when talking to a friend that I wondered if It had been more than that! as she told me when we were younger and she had slept at my house she had woken up in the middle of the night and saw an old man standing over me and watching me as I slept.
I wrote this when I had just woken up and have just realised all the spelling mistakes and unnecessary extra words 🙈. Sorry! You got the jist of it I hope

Reactions: 4
Excuse my ignorance, but what is DS forum? I want to do some reading 😬😵😊
Google

Digital Spy - what is the creepiest thing that has ever happened to you?

I would send a link, but for some reason the DS page isn't working on my phone and I have to sign in where I don't have an account, but don't have to sign in on my laptop?? I am currently using my mobile. Fantastic thread of stories like the one above. Enjoy :)

Lol I bet you wish your friend hadn't told you that :oops:😭

Reactions: 8
I was in hospital in 2016 having another surgery (chronic illness life!) . It was the middle of the night and I was in pain, I buzzed for a nurse and a lovely smiley nurse came and asked how she could help. I explained I needed some stronger pain, she smiled and said I will be right back with them. Ten minutes later no meds, 30 mins later no meds. I buzzed again and was in agony and was crying. Another nurse came and was like like “oh my goodness are you okay. What’s wrong !?” I explained that the other nurse was getting my meds but wasn’t back yet and I was struggling. She questioned me and said “the other nurse” and I said “yes, the one in the white dress that is always smiling” . She paused and said “no one on shift wears white dresses” I explained the nurses appearance to her and she sort of stopped nodded slightly and smiled and said “ she means well, but I’ll go get them”.

I spoke to the lady serving breakfast about the nurse in the white dress and she too smiled and said “she never left the hospital”. I was confused and when my family came to visit , we googled the uniform description and it came up as 1930s nurse.

Yes I could have hallucinated from pain but I honestly think it was a nurse who loved her job so much she never left. I have another story from the same hospital but I will share that later.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 82
Google

Digital Spy - what is the creepiest thing that has ever happened to you?

I would send a link, but for some reason the DS page isn't working on my phone and I have to sign in where I don't have an account, but don't have to sign in on my laptop?? I am currently using my mobile. Fantastic thread of stories like the one above. Enjoy :)
Thank you 😊😊 that's my afternoon sorted 🤪

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I was in hospital in 2016 having another surgery (chronic illness life!) . It was the middle of the night and I was in pain, I buzzed for a nurse and a lovely smiley nurse came and asked how she could help. I explained I needed some stronger pain, she smiled and said I will be right back with them. Ten minutes later no meds, 30 mins later no meds. I buzzed again and was in agony and was crying. Another nurse came and was like like “oh my goodness are you okay. What’s wrong !?” I explained that the other nurse was getting my meds but wasn’t back yet and I was struggling. She questioned me and said “the other nurse” and I said “yes, the one in the white dress that is always smiling” . She paused and said “no one on shift wears white dresses” I explained the nurses appearance to her and she sort of stopped nodded slightly and smiled and said “ she means well, but I’ll go get them”.

I spoke to the lady serving breakfast about the nurse in the white dress and she too smiled and said “she never left the hospital”. I was confused and when my family came to visit , we googled the uniform description and it came up as 1930s nurse.

Yes I could have hallucinated from pain but I honestly think it was a nurse who loved her job so much she never left. I have another story from the same hospital but I will share that later.
Please share your other story later, the first one was brill. Isn't it eerie when you look back, realise you saw a ghost and they looked so solid and normal looking?

Reactions: 16
Please share your other story later, the first one was brill. Isn't it eerie when you look back, realise you saw a ghost and they looked so solid and normal looking?
It was so strange, luckily it didn’t feel creepy or scary.

Reactions: 8
Something weird happened to me last year.

My daughter was about 14 months old, and her speech has always been quite good, so for the most part, I could communicate with her. (This is relevant, not humble bragging)

I take her with me to slimming world classes, which are held in this old village hall. They always have a sort of jumble sale on, and occasionally I’ll get a toy or item of clothing for her from there. Anyway, one day there was this owl picture. It was like a hologram pic, so looked like it moved. My daughter LOVES owls, and squealed with delight when she saw it going “Owl mummy!” It was only £1.50 so I brought it for her.

We took it home and I put it on a self in her room. That night about 1am, I awoke suddenly to my daughter screaming, I ran into her room and she was standing up in her cot completely hysterical. I picked her up trying to soothe her and said “what’s the matter darling?” and she pointed behind me and said “the man the man!-horrible man!”

I turned round and there was nothing there. It was really eerie, but I thought she must of had a bad dream. I calmed her down and she went off to sleep.

The exact same thing happened over the next three nights. At this point it was too weird for me so I took the picture from her room and put it in the living room.

That night she didn’t wake up at all. However, our 3 cats, who always sleep in the living room, came upstairs into our room and wouldn’t budge.

The next day I threw the picture out - haven’t heard about ‘The man’ since 🤷‍♀️

• Wow
Reactions: 83
This story happened at the same hospital however this was in 2005. I was 15 and was in the hospital for my first ever surgery. I had already been in the hospital for ten days, I was on the kids ward (as I was too young for the adult ward yet too old for the kids) .

I was bed bound and was lay watching Shrek on the laptop that the ward provided. My mum was on a high back comfy chair next to me.

I said to her “mum I need to turn over so I will need my hand back” , she said “what do you mean you need your hand back” . I said “you’re holding my hand” . My mum was like ********** I’m not” .

I looked towards her in the chair and she had her back to me curled in the chair reading a magazine. We both looked down at my hand and it was in the position as if I was holding hands.

It wasn’t scary / spooky it was just really comforting .

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 61
Not quite a ghost story but it sort of fits in here. I have a weird thing with songs in my head. If someone is going to die I get the song happy birthday to you going round and round in my head. It's quite unnerving at an actual birthday party ha! It's happened all through my life. I get songs for all sorts of things playing in my head randomly. Some of its Sooo daft. I had food glorious food at Christmas time and won a food hamper at the school fayre that night! the we're going to the zoo, zoo zoo song playing yesterday, and today I got a text from my son's friends mum asking if he was free to go to the zoo with them next week😱 I'll take that over happy birthday tho! Forever hoping to hear money money money by abba 🤣

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 73
Not quite a ghost story but it sort of fits in here. I have a weird thing with songs in my head. If someone is going to die I get the song happy birthday to you going round and round in my head. It's quite unnerving at an actual birthday party ha! It's happened all through my life. I get songs for all sorts of things playing in my head randomly. Some of its Sooo daft. I had food glorious food at Christmas time and won a food hamper at the school fayre that night! the we're going to the zoo, zoo zoo song playing yesterday, and today I got a text from my son's friends mum asking if he was free to go to the zoo with them next week😱 I'll take that over happy birthday tho! Forever hoping to hear money money money by abba 🤣
Oh wow! You must worry yourself sick when happy birthday comes into your head! 😨 there’s a part of me that would like to be able to communicate with spirits and another part that would be too frightened! I am hopefully going to go on a ghost hunt with some friends at some point. I’ve always been fascinated by the supernatural

Reactions: 13
This isn’t really ‘ghosty’ But another very strange thing happened to me.

Couple of years ago, I had a psychic reading. You paid via bank transfer and set a call up with the psychic.

She was actually brilliant. I know there are a lot of charlatans out there, but I honestly was so impressed.

One of the things she said was “There’s a baby in spirit with you - when they tried to come through, it just wasn’t the right time - but they are with you, and will come at the right time.

I had a miscarriage about ten years ago, but I was very young, in uni etc, so whilst it was sad, it almost seemed like it worked out for the best - however bad that sounds.

Comforting to hear and all but the inner critic in me thought well, a lot of women have miscarriages unfortunately, so maybe it’s just something she says because she has a high chance of getting it right?

Later on that day I was mucking around on snapchat, taking selfies with the filter on etc. I took a few, it was the one with glasses. I flicked through the ones I’d saved, and one nearly made me drop my phone...

There was me, with the filter. Then underneath my chin, the glasses were there again, like they had picked up a little face I couldn’t see.. as if a baby was sat on my lap.

I didn’t see the filter come on when I was taking the picture - yet there it was.

I’ve tried to be rational, maybe the filter picked up creases in my top or something. But for that to happen right after my reading... very weird.

• Wow
Reactions: 31
I often go to see psychics and mediums. I try to go once or twice a year. I’ve seen some crap ones over the years but also some really good ones!

Reactions: 7
Not a haha for the happy birthday song, more so that the money money money just made me snort my drink 😂

I have so many ghost stories! Some of them still terrify me. Especially my son and his "friend".

So..

My son was about 4/5, started seeing this little boy. This little boy would play with him, talk to him, reassure him etc. Just thought it's an imaginary friend, BUT, he's autistic, really struggles with his imagination and draws things instead of speaking his emotions etc.

I was home alone with him and he turned round and said "..... wants to say hello to you mum. He won't speak in front of anyone else" my whole body went cold, hair standing up etc. Before all of this though he would giggle about his friend doing things, moving stuff etc. I told him I didn't want to speak to him because he was spooking me out. So about half hour later he comes to me with a drawing (I'll actually dig this drawing out soon) showing a picture of a boy by a tree. Told me in detail that he was alive 50 years ago and lived in a big house for naughty children because his parents were dead. Because he was so naughty, he would be "electric shocked" on the head at night time. Then one night he touched the "electric" and died. The nasty men buried him by the tree.

So by this point I was a little scared (🐔) put him to bed and said goodnight to his friend. Sat on the settee for a couple of hours researching. So.. there's an old children's home about 5mins away from mine. It was knocked down a few years ago after a nasty fire. There was loads of child cruelty cases that came about from there to do with the carers and church that worked there. Shut down years before it burned. The dates my son gave me matched up with this. It also went into detail how they would give children electric shock therapy for behavioural problems!!!

Now as my son is autistic, he sees a psychiatrist every couple of months due to how he is. We mentioned this to her. She was fascinated. We recorded him talking about him and everything. She's taken all of that and has been working on looking into this!

I seriously considered getting a priest in. It was that unnerving. But since I stitched crosses into all of his pillows he doesn't talk about him at home. He'll mention he's seen him in school though! I'm not religious at all so I think I did this as a comfort thing really for me.

Baring in mind by the time he spoke about this he was 5, he's now 8 and will randomly mention he's seen him. He never ever watched anything to encourage that or seen anything remotely similar. So god knows how he knew all of it! We don't encourage the talk as quite frankly it's scary 😂 and I'm alone with the kids!

Sorry if it's a bit rambly, I'm trying to type whilst I have him around me (by around me, I'm being pestered) 😂

I'll also try and get some more put on here later!!!

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 73
Not a haha for the happy birthday song, more so that the money money money just made me snort my drink 😂

I have so many ghost stories! Some of them still terrify me. Especially my son and his "friend".

So..

My son was about 4/5, started seeing this little boy. This little boy would play with him, talk to him, reassure him etc. Just thought it's an imaginary friend, BUT, he's autistic, really struggles with his imagination and draws things instead of speaking his emotions etc.

I was home alone with him and he turned round and said "..... wants to say hello to you mum. He won't speak in front of anyone else" my whole body went cold, hair standing up etc. Before all of this though he would giggle about his friend doing things, moving stuff etc. I told him I didn't want to speak to him because he was spooking me out. So about half hour later he comes to me with a drawing (I'll actually dig this drawing out soon) showing a picture of a boy by a tree. Told me in detail that he was alive 50 years ago and lived in a big house for naughty children because his parents were dead. Because he was so naughty, he would be "electric shocked" on the head at night time. Then one night he touched the "electric" and died. The nasty men buried him by the tree.

So by this point I was a little scared (🐔) put him to bed and said goodnight to his friend. Sat on the settee for a couple of hours researching. So.. there's an old children's home about 5mins away from mine. It was knocked down a few years ago after a nasty fire. There was loads of child cruelty cases that came about from there to do with the carers and church that worked there. Shut down years before it burned. The dates my son gave me matched up with this. It also went into detail how they would give children electric shock therapy for behavioural problems!!!

Now as my son is autistic, he sees a psychiatrist every couple of months due to how he is. We mentioned this to her. She was fascinated. We recorded him talking about him and everything. She's taken all of that and has been working on looking into this!

I seriously considered getting a priest in. It was that unnerving. But since I stitched crosses into all of his pillows he doesn't talk about him at home. He'll mention he's seen him in school though! I'm not religious at all so I think I did this as a comfort thing really for me.

Baring in mind by the time he spoke about this he was 5, he's now 8 and will randomly mention he's seen him. He never ever watched anything to encourage that or seen anything remotely similar. So god knows how he knew all of it! We don't encourage the talk as quite frankly it's scary 😂 and I'm alone with the kids!

Sorry if it's a bit rambly, I'm trying to type whilst I have him around me (by around me, I'm being pestered) 😂

Oh my God I hope you post more on that as I'm fascinated. Saying that I would be terrified if that had happened to me however. And that your son still sees him but only at school how does he react to it? Does it scare him?

Reactions: 13

So..

I find that really fascinating but understand you being spooked! I would be if it were one of my sons! Hope you post more of your stories!

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.