True ghost stories 👻

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just found this thread and I'm loving it!!! I have plenty of incidents, here are a few...

When I was a teenager (80s)my Uncle was in the army and stationed in Germany. We often used to visit and as my cousin is same age as me we spent a lot of time together. One night we snuck out of her window and met up with her friends in the park. Nothing too naughty, just normal teenagers passing a can of beer and sharing a cigarette! The playground bit was locked but one of the swings started swinging and we dared each other to check it out. There was a little girl, probably about 3 or 4 on the swing. She was wearing button up pyjamas, but the bottoms were shorts. We just assumed it was a kid who'd got out ti go to the park. She started speaking, but in German, all of us were English so no one understood what she said. She then got off the swing and walked into the dark. We all were completely freaked out and went home. As we were leaving the German part of town (just before we got back on the base) there was a row of 1960s style flats and the little girl was standing outside. We didn't tell anyone because we would have been punished for sneaking out.
A couple of years ago, at a wedding, my cousin and I were chatting about our childhood and mentioned the incident. My aunt (her stepmum) went really pale and eventually said that a little girl had been killed in those flats by her mother's boyfriend the year before they'd moved to Germany. She'd been asleep in bed and he'd smothered her. I still can't see 'shorty PJs' without thinking of that little girl

I have more but need to do lunch!!
Are you able to say where in Germany? I lived on an army base, near some 60s style flat and had heard a similar story - I wonder if it is one and the same!!

Reactions: 3
Back for some more stories now I’ve caught up.

My grandad died about 6 years ago now not long after I moved to another country. We weren’t particularly close but would visit him on birthdays/christmases etc. My family didn’t tell me he was ill straight away as they didn’t want to worry me, so I didn’t find out until he actually passed.

The first few years after he died around 3 or 4 times I’ve woken up in the middle of the night and have been absolutely certain that he was stood in the doorway to the bedroom. I never actually saw him but definitely felt a presence and had a strong feeling that it was him. I travel for work so this has happened in hotel rooms in other countries, as well as my home where I live now (which my husband really wasn’t impressed with when I woke him up one night to tell him my grandad had just been to visit us 😂).

I visited his partner a few years after his death and told her he’s been to visit me, she said she also sees him stood in the doorway of the living room and she tells him to piss off because she’s still angry at him for dying 😂

My dad has also said that he’s seen him in the bedroom doorway in the middle of the night. He must have a thing about doorways! Haven’t seen him for a while so I really hope he’s passed on to a peaceful place now, and like to think that he was just coming to check on me and say goodbye, as we never really had a proper goodbye before I left.

I’ll post about my childhood home in another post as it’s a long one. I’m currently trying to do more research about what was in the area before it was built (I’m sure I was told when I was younger it was a mining area which would make sense).
The doorway thing gave me chills, almost like he didnt want to impose but wanted to just look in.

Reactions: 2
The doorway thing gave me chills, almost like he didnt want to impose but wanted to just look in.
Yes it’s hard to explain because I never actually saw him, it was more like waking up and feeling a shadow in the doorway and immediately I would think oh it’s grandad. And of course as soon as I turn the light on nothing is there. It wasn’t like the usual waking up in the middle of the night and things being shadowy as expected, it would just pop into my head straight away that he was there.
Not sure if it was the same for his partner or my dad as they said they’d seen him. I think you’re right, he was just popping by to check up on us and didn’t want to disturb us.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I was walking along the road yesterday and a women was walking towards me and then in a split second she vanished into thin air. There was nowhere for her to go to and there was only us there.

• Wow
Reactions: 22
I was walking along the road yesterday and a women was walking towards me and then in a split second she vanished into thin air. There was nowhere for her to go to and there was only us there.
Were you the only one who saw her? And did she look out of place with clothes or anything?

Reactions: 1
so heres the other story from another work place, its not my story but a lady i worked with and had to ask her again what happened (happened a few years ago)

so we worked in a clothes shop that was inside a supermarket, and this lady was one of my supervisors. she use to get dropped off at work at 7am and the shop opened at 8am and it was only her in until people arrived just before 8.

you had to go round to the back were the supermarket lifts were to get in our staff door and we had to knock on the door to get in as it was a fire exit and only supervisors had keys.

so she was in work and we had a visit from someone higher up that day so she went on to the floor to double check it was tidy from the night before, and when she was going back through to the office she walked by the stock room and saw a man walking along behind the rails so she said she did a double take and went in to tell him the shop was closed and ask how he got in but she said he vanished.

the shutters still down and she had turned the lights on herself. safe to say she was relieved when we turned up and couldnt get her head round it the full day 😬

theres a graveyard not far from there so we talked about how that could be related, it was very strange.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
so heres the other story from another work place, its not my story but a lady i worked with and had to ask her again what happened (happened a few years ago)

so we worked in a clothes shop that was inside a supermarket, and this lady was one of my supervisors. she use to get dropped off at work at 7am and the shop opened at 8am and it was only her in until people arrived just before 8.

you had to go round to the back were the supermarket lifts were to get in our staff door and we had to knock on the door to get in as it was a fire exit and only supervisors had keys.

so she was in work and we had a visit from someone higher up that day so she went on to the floor to double check it was tidy from the night before, and when she was going back through to the office she walked by the stock room and saw a man walking along behind the rails so she said she did a double take and went in to tell him the shop was closed and ask how he got in but she said he vanished.

the shutters still down and she had turned the lights on herself. safe to say she was relieved when we turned up and couldnt get her head round it the full day 😬

theres a graveyard not far from there so we talked about how that could be related, it was very strange.
I've posted on this thread before but you have just reminded me, our local church where we got married and our children were christened, we went to meet the new vicar and had a meeting with him in his small office at the front of the church. As we went in he said just pull the door shut we will hear anyone who tries to open it (big old, heavy door). We have our meeting come out and the vicar goes to let us out the door - it's bolted top and bottom from the inside he adamantly questions me and my husband of which of us did it - neither of us had, and he hadn't left the room since we arrived. He made us help him search the church 😂 to see if anyone had came in and locked it - there was no one there and the door hadn't made a sound whilst we were in there. The vicar really had the creeps he practically threw us out, locked the door and left at the same time as us - he didn't stay much longer after that and we now have another new vicar!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
I see "shadow people" quite often .,.. I'm a very spiritual person though.

I went to a funeral with a friend a few weeks back and saw many orbs hovering above the head of the woman conducting the service. I couldn't get a feel for who they were, but I did sense that they were there for the departed, and at times some would dart across to those present who were being discussed in the speeches. That doesn't happen at every funeral (I'll normally see one or two), although in a church setting - be it for a wedding, christening or funeral, I will see many just floating about (obviously their happy place).

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
Sounds very odd.
I was walking back from town about Sep/Oct time with my mam. And we both thought there was a woman behind us with a bag who just dissaped into thin air we both said at the same time where’s that woman gone. Around same time we went to the library/museum In town I’d gone back to look at something and said I’d see her up the stairs, I’ve come bAvk to the stair case not taking any notice thinking my mam was there ( out cornor on my eye I’d seen shape who I thought wa her) I said something got no reply looked up and I was the only one on the stairs. The Libary/museums used to be a old school and only lAst year opened there

Reactions: 5
I was driving along past offices at night lately and saw a woman walking along. It was dark and she was wearing dark clothing. I noticed her because I thought to myself I wouldn’t want to be wondering the streets at night in such a quiet area. When I glanced again she was away. There were no doors she could have gone into or side lanes. It was strange.

Reactions: 8
Not my story but one I read...there is a website called boards here in Ireland and there is a thread called has anything creepy or unnerving happened to you.. it is absolutely fascinating but be warned u will lose track of time on there. Anyway hoping I tell this story right,a poster said their relative who I think was an old man was obsessed with the after life always talking about it and wondering if there is somewhere out souls go when we die,anyway he promised his family that he died he would come back and give them a sign,if there is an afterlife he would be very clear on letting them know .....
He eventually died and they buried him with a normal funeral.. a couple of weeks passed and one day the phone rang,the undertakers were contacting them to say they were extremely sorry but they had made a big mistake...they plot they buried the man in was actually reserved and bought by someone else so they would have to dig him up and rebury him.I think that family got their sign.

Reactions: 10
I’m not sure if it’s because I’m sick and delicious but this is what’s happened to me today
- was bathing the baby and sitting on the floor and felt a presence behind me. My eldest likes to jump out on me all the time, so thought it was her. No one there. Then I had a breeze on my face that I have no idea where it came from and has never happened on there before
- husband went out, about 5 minutes after, I heard him whisper ‘babe’ I’m in bed, drowsy, so could be hearing things, but it was so clear
- just got back into bed, was on Instagram, husband came home and came into the bedroom, and my sons birthday balloon from mid feb was hovering over my head and I hadn’t even realised. Wish I took a photo. You wouldn’t believe it if you didn’t see it
Now, on top of this sickness bug, looks like I’m not sleeping tonight. 🙃

Reactions: 4
I’m not sure if it’s because I’m sick and delicious but this is what’s happened to me today
- was bathing the baby and sitting on the floor and felt a presence behind me. My eldest likes to jump out on me all the time, so thought it was her. No one there. Then I had a breeze on my face that I have no idea where it came from and has never happened on there before
- husband went out, about 5 minutes after, I heard him whisper ‘babe’ I’m in bed, drowsy, so could be hearing things, but it was so clear
- just got back into bed, was on Instagram, husband came home and came into the bedroom, and my sons birthday balloon from mid feb was hovering over my head and I hadn’t even realised. Wish I took a photo. You wouldn’t believe it if you didn’t see it
Now, on top of this sickness bug, looks like I’m not sleeping tonight. 🙃
Sounds like someone/thing is trying to get your attention xx

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Sounds like someone/thing is trying to get your attention xx
I hope so. I dreamt about my nan the other night, so could be her or my FIL who’s anniversary it is next week ❤
Went for a snooze with the baby earlier, and my husband came in and the balloon was in my face when I was sleeping 😬 my 6 year old also just said he’s just heard noises coming from his wardrobe, so that’s great 😂😂 x

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.