True ghost stories 👻

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Jusr a real feeling of unease that they didn’t want to be alone in there, and other staff felt the same. My family member goes all over the hospital and while there are some bits which scare her a bit (on evening shifts the corridors to storage have light sensors so she feels them switching off behind her and her imagination goes into overdrive!) but the recovery area is where she feels something isn’t as it should be.
Thanks for sharing 🙂

Reactions: 2
Not a typical ghost story, but I have to share mine.
We had a family dog that we had since I was 9, and unfortunately when I was about 23 (so he was about 14), we had to put him down.
We also had another dog at the time.
Anyway a few nights after we had to put our old dog to sleep, I was in my room reading with the door closed. I heard our other dog outside my bedroom door chewing one of her dog chew things. I opened the door to let her in, only to find her curled up in my mum’s room asleep.
I told my mum about it the next morning and said I think it was our dog we put to sleep. She said it was probably just in my mind. But 100% I believe it was him.. I was reading and engrossed in my book so I wasn’t thinking about either of the dogs. It brought be comfort to know he was there with us, even if my mum was skeptical!

• Heart
Reactions: 21
We had a family dog that we had since I was 9, and unfortunately when I was about 23 (so he was about 14), we had to put him down.
Anyway a few nights after we had to put our old dog to sleep, I was in my room reading with the door closed. I heard our other dog outside my bedroom door chewing one of her dog chew things. I opened the door to let her in, only to find her curled up in my mum’s room asleep.
I told my mum about it the next morning and said I think it was our dog we put to sleep. She said it was probably just in my mind. But 100% I believe it was him.. I was reading and engrossed in my book so I wasn’t thinking about either of the dogs. It brought be comfort to know he was there with us, even if my mum was skeptical!
i heard my deceased dog walking around my old house, we could hear her feet on the laminate flooring for a while after she passed. it’s been 8 years since she left me now and sometimes I just feel her presence whenI need her it’s very comforting x

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I’ve mentioned it on here before. I woke up to my late cat lying on my feet. I stirred and she jumped off the bed and padded heavily out of the room. It was dark so I could only feel and hear her, I didn’t see her.

I had two cats, one tiny one and one large one. I could tell by the weight on my feet and the noise of her walking away which cat it was.

I got them 6 months apart as kittens and they died six months apart, of old age, too.

I wonder what they think of the big daft dog we have now.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
A couple of months back we lost one of ours very suddenly due to a massive heart attack; The following night I heard him tip-tapping up the stairs to His Place on the landing where he always slept. He's still with us :)

• Heart
Reactions: 20
We could sense our cat for a while after he died but we had him for over 20 years. I think it was just that we were so used to walking into the hall way and tripping over him that it took us a while to adjust to him not being there. It never happens now.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
We lost our dog a year ago - occasionally I still hear the sound of his tags jingling outside. It's a very distinctive sound, so I'm not mistaking anything else for it.

A couple of weeks ago I put some tablets for the next morning into a little plastic cup and set that on my bedside table and my husband and I went to bed. In the night we heard a rattle beside the bed and when we got up the next day the little cup had been knocked over. Just us in the room, window closed, no cats or anything. No reason it should have moved. A few nights later the two remote controls fell off the bedside table, onto the floor as he was sleeping and I was just about to fall asleep. 🤷‍♀️

Today I saw a shadow pass by the kitchen doorway out of the corner of my eye as if someone had walked up the hallway.

Have never felt scared when any of these unexplained things happened now, or in the past. I think it's just someone saying hello.

Reactions: 14
Halfway through this thread and loving all the stories so far - but I can only read them in the daytime! I have a few stories of my own, my childhood home was haunted, lived there until I was 19 but I’ll save those stories for later if anyone is interested.

I’ll start with an old golf club that I worked in from being 18-23. Long post ahead sorry!

I worked on the bar there, and in the evenings there would only be one person working. If it’s your turn for the evening shift, you arrive at 5pm and leave at 11pm. Alone the whole time apart from the odd customers that come in after a round of golf. All usually gone by 9pm. Then you would go around the clubhouse, turn all the lights off, close all the windows, lock all the external doors then set the alarm before locking the main doors and leaving.

The main part of the clubhouse was refurbished and quite modern but had a split level bar, with a couple steps between the two looking into two different rooms if that makes sense. Not really sure how to explain it. We had a bell on the bar top for any customers to ring in case we were in the kitchen or upstairs etc. Now this bell would move all the time! I never heard it ring but it would be on one end of the bar, I’d pop out come back and it would be sat on the other end of the bar with no one around! Sometimes it would even move to the bar on the other level!

I used to hate going up and checking the shower rooms on each side of the building, ladies and mens and they were really old buildings. (Built in 1897 I believe). Halfway through me working there they installed new light switches everywhere to be more energy efficient - motion sensor ones. Now and again I would look out of the window in the main bar area across to the windows of the shower rooms and the lights would come on by themselves when absolutely no one else was there but me. It was very unnerving having to stay there so late and alone. After locking the doors I would always run to my car and shoot out of the car park as I hated walking past the windows and always felt like I was being watched! Oh also had the tv turn itself on on a few occasions as well!

• Wow
Reactions: 25
Every night before bed my husband and I lock up the house, turn the TV off and set the remote on the side table ready for my daughter to grab when she comes down in the morning. The cat goes outside and the dog comes up to bed with us. The lights go off as we make our way upstairs.

The other night, we were watching something on ITV with the volume low so it didn't wake my daughter. Around 3am we were woke to music blasting downstairs. It was so loud it sounded like someone was having a nightout in our front room. We both darted out of bed, I ran into my daughter's room and my husband made his way downstairs.

He opened the front room door to find the TV on, with the music channels playing dance music with one of the lamps switched on. The remote was nowhere to be found so he had to switch the tele off using the plug.

He checked the doors and windows which were all still locked and made his way back up to bed.

When we came back down about 7am the remote was sat exactly where I had left it but he swears blind it wasn't there. It's terrified me and nothing bad has really happened. I find myself running around the house now while I'm locking up as I get a horrible feeling something is going to jump out at me. I've never felt on edge in this house and we've lived here for over 6 years.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 26
Every night before bed my husband and I lock up the house, turn the TV off and set the remote on the side table ready for my daughter to grab when she comes down in the morning. The cat goes outside and the dog comes up to bed with us. The lights go off as we make our way upstairs.

The other night, we were watching something on ITV with the volume low so it didn't wake my daughter. Around 3am we were woke to music blasting downstairs. It was so loud it sounded like someone was having a nightout in our front room. We both darted out of bed, I ran into my daughter's room and my husband made his way downstairs.

He opened the front room door to find the TV on, with the music channels playing dance music with one of the lamps switched on. The remote was nowhere to be found so he had to switch the tele off using the plug.

He checked the doors and windows which were all still locked and made his way back up to bed.

When we came back down about 7am the remote was sat exactly where I had left it but he swears blind it wasn't there. It's terrified me and nothing bad has really happened. I find myself running around the house now while I'm locking up as I get a horrible feeling something is going to jump out at me. I've never felt on edge in this house and we've lived here for over 6 years.
Do you usually switch the tv off at the wall? Maybe there was a fault while on standby?

We had a thing with our bedroom tv once, where it turned itself on 7 times in one night. By the 4th time I threw the remote as I thought we were laying on it, and by the 7th, I turned it off by the wall

Do you usually switch the tv off at the wall? Maybe there was a fault while on standby?
No, just use the remote. We turn the TV off and the Sky off separately and they were both on, with the volume turned right up and on a completely different channel on Sky.

I'm hoping someone across the road has connected their remote to our Sky box without us knowing. I dont know, think I'm clutching at straws 😅

If it happens again, the TV is going out the window!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
My mother died in 2016, aged 57 from oesophageal cancer. My mother wasn't in my dreams much before this but since she passed, she seems to be in the majority of the dreams I have. Sometimes, we even have disagreements! I genuinely awake feeling as though I have spent time with her. The thing is, in my dreams, I know that she technically "died", but there she is anyway. In my dreams, I get the sense that she died but she didn't die. It doesn't make sense but I have little desire to question it further in my dreams and go along with it. I often awake with disappointment that my mother has realistically died in this world and life as we know it but also some mild comfort and a feeling that I've met her again.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
My mother died in 2016, aged 57 from oesophageal cancer. My mother wasn't in my dreams much before this but since she passed, she seems to be in the majority of the dreams I have. Sometimes, we even have disagreements! I genuinely awake feeling as though I have spent time with her. The thing is, in my dreams, I know that she technically "died", but there she is anyway. In my dreams, I get the sense that she died but she didn't die. It doesn't make sense but I have little desire to question it further in my dreams and go along with it. I often awake with disappointment that my mother has realistically died in this world and life as we know it but also some mild comfort and a feeling that I've met her again.
My Mother came to me in a dream (well it must have been a dream!) the night after my father died. He'd been an utter bastard to her for over 60 years so when she died three months before him my thought was that at least she was away from him at long last, however the guilt must have been too much and off he went to try to follow her :( My over-riding thought was that he'd gone off to spite her and ruin her peace.

I did not sleep at all that first night maybe worrying about him rocking-up there to ruin everything for her then make her miserable like he always did, but the second night I seem to recall waking -up (whether I did or not is questionable) BUT there was Mother in her nurse's uniform wearing her white sensible shoes and everything standing beside my bed with a big smile on her face. "Don't worry about him ruining my peace" she said rather joyfully, adding "THEY wouldn't let him in!" I knew then that she would be enjoying the afterlife free of that man at last and back with her parents who hated him for very good reasons :)
I'm delighted that "They" wouldn't let him in :)

• Heart
Reactions: 34
My son woke up last week to the sound of the tv blaring downstairs at about 1am, we switch the tv off by the remotes then put them on the coffee table, another night when I was on my own (kids at their dads) I heard a knock on my bedroom door, this was about 2am I lay in bed scared this isn’t the first time it’s happened, when my ex was here the washer used to trip the electric it would happen almost every week but strangely since he moved out it’s not happened since. Things go missing all the time in my house as well my daughter is into the paranormal & says it could be ‘shadow people’ we are only the 2nd family to live in our house it was built after the war.

Reactions: 6
My son woke up last week to the sound of the tv blaring downstairs at about 1am, we switch the tv off by the remotes then put them on the coffee table, another night when I was on my own (kids at their dads) I heard a knock on my bedroom door, this was about 2am I lay in bed scared this isn’t the first time it’s happened, when my ex was here the washer used to trip the electric it would happen almost every week but strangely since he moved out it’s not happened since. Things go missing all the time in my house as well my daughter is into the paranormal & says it could be ‘shadow people’ we are only the 2nd family to live in our house it was built after the war.
I’d have your washing machine checked. It could be a fire hazard or a dodgy plug.

My tumble dryer was doing the same. I checked the plug and it had fried the socket!

Reactions: 4
We had a strange experience with our microwave some years ago. I'd fallen asleep on the settee watching tv, and my husband was asleep in bed, when we both woke up at about 1am because the microwave was on!

We both wondered why the other one was using the microwave at that time of night, and went to the kitchen to find that neither of us had put it on, and that it had about a minute left to run; our home is a 1 bedroom flat, and the kitchen is in the middle of the flat.

The microwave is a digital one that you have to set the timer and then press the start button. It was very weird, and had never happened before. We now make a point of switching it off at the mains every time after we use it.

Reactions: 5
My Mother came to me in a dream (well it must have been a dream!) the night after my father died. He'd been an utter bastard to her for over 60 years so when she died three months before him my thought was that at least she was away from him at long last, however the guilt must have been too much and off he went to try to follow her :( My over-riding thought was that he'd gone off to spite her and ruin her peace.

I did not sleep at all that first night maybe worrying about him rocking-up there to ruin everything for her then make her miserable like he always did, but the second night I seem to recall waking -up (whether I did or not is questionable) BUT there was Mother in her nurse's uniform wearing her white sensible shoes and everything standing beside my bed with a big smile on her face. "Don't worry about him ruining my peace" she said rather joyfully, adding "THEY wouldn't let him in!" I knew then that she would be enjoying the afterlife free of that man at last and back with her parents who hated him for very good reasons :)
I'm delighted that "They" wouldn't let him in :)
I experienced something similar. My grandad died 6 years ago and I was really struggling mentally. One night I dreamt that both my grandad and nanna came to me to let me know they were together. They were both holding hands and smiling at me. They told me they were happy and to stop worrying as it was so nice where they were. My grandad told me I needed to speak with someone as I was falling into a pit of depression.

In the distance I could see my auntie and uncle who had also died when I was younger, waving and blowing me kisses.

I suddenly woke up once I'd got 'my message' but it felt so real. I rang the doctors the next morning as I knew that even if it wasn't my grandad talking to me, my head was telling me I needed to get myself sorted.

I've not seen any of them in my dreams since.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.