True ghost stories šŸ‘»

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This reminded me of a time when I was still living at home, one afternoon I was working at my computer when through the open window I heard my mums bike coming up the path, then heard it leant against the wall the key put in the lock the front door open and close then heard her coming up the stairs. I sat waiting for her to put her head round the door when I realised the time she wasn't due home for at least a couple of hours I was still home alone , but I heard everything as clear as day.
Itā€™s so strange isnā€™t it! Wonder what causes this? Are we accidentally crossing into another time frame or something?! šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø

Reactions: 6
Itā€™s so strange isnā€™t it! Wonder what causes this? Are we accidentally crossing into another time frame or something?! šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø
I've known others that it's happened to as well it is very strange, would love to find an explaination but it baffles me šŸ˜Æ

Reactions: 4
As a slight aside (but related to the time zone thing), the concepts of time slips fascinates me (there are some accounts of time slips in Liverpool, which are quite convincing (if you believe that kind of thing))

Reactions: 13
As a slight aside (but related to the time zone thing), the concepts of time slips fascinates me (there are some accounts of time slips in Liverpool, which are quite convincing (if you believe that kind of thing))
time slips fascinate me too.

i will always always remember that episode of strange but true with the two couples who stayed in a remote pub for a few nights while on a walking holiday, thought it was nice but a little old fashioned. when they tried to go back the next year they found the building was just an old ruin.

if anyone used to read the digital spy threads back in the day there was an incredible story from a user there who, emotional after a break-up, went into a little cafe down an alleyway to gather her thoughts and found it all very odd and dated (in terms of what everyone was wearing, general style). she thought sheā€™d left her coat there but could never find it again when she tried to go back. iā€™m missing a lot of the best details but itā€™s always stayed with me.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I follow a lady on tiktok who has posted loads of her followers stories about how theyā€™ve experienced things similar to this or had premonitions about something. Itā€™s all pretty much like Final Destination. Very interesting! The account is emminixx if you want to take a look!

Reactions: 4
My mum used to always hear one of us calling ā€œmumā€ and would get annoyed when we said we hadnā€™t called. Then one night she saw the ghost of a little girl in the front room doorway. Only saw her once and donā€™t know if she was the one calling mum or she was hearing echoes from another time

• Wow
Reactions: 11
Love this thread!

When my daughter was a toddler she had an imaginary friend called 'Gerry'. He came everywhere and done everything with us (I even had to plate up a meal for him and tuck him up in bed) but after a while he was soon forgotten.
2 years later we were at my Auntie's house when daughter pointed to a photo of children and said "that's Gerry" My stomach turned as I realised it was my Dad's brother who had passed when I was pregnant with my daughter.

When I was a young we had just moved into a new home. I came down one morning and told my Mum that I had a dream that my Papa (who had passed away a few years before) was stood at the bottom of my parents bed. My mum went white and said she woke up through the night and had seen him at the bottom of her bed and described what he was wearing. It was the exact same as what I had seen in my dream.

There is definitely something out there.

• Wow
Reactions: 28
Love this thread!

When my daughter was a toddler she had an imaginary friend called 'Gerry'. He came everywhere and done everything with us (I even had to plate up a meal for him and tuck him up in bed) but after a while he was soon forgotten.
2 years later we were at my Auntie's house when daughter pointed to a photo of children and said "that's Gerry" My stomach turned as I realised it was my Dad's brother who had passed when I was pregnant with my daughter.

When I was a young we had just moved into a new home. I came down one morning and told my Mum that I had a dream that my Papa (who had passed away a few years before) was stood at the bottom of my parents bed. My mum went white and said she woke up through the night and had seen him at the bottom of her bed and described what he was wearing. It was the exact same as what I had seen in my dream.

There is definitely something out there.
My nephew had an imaginary friend and after months, happened to see a photo of his long dead great grandad and claimed that was his friend! He doesnā€™t remember any of this.

Reactions: 9
I've told you before about my Old Bloke who comes everywhere with me. When my eldest was aged about three he would talk about the old man who came into his bedroom at night to tell him bedtime stories and daft jokes - he told me his name and thats the name my Old Bloke has had ever since as they are surely one-and-the-same. Son doesn't remember any of it now though sadly and Old ******* is purely mine.

Reactions: 11
I just discovered this thread a few days ago and have been binge reading it since. So apologies to anyone who got notifications from me ā€œlikingā€ years old posts šŸ˜‚

I would say Iā€™m fairly open minded with this sort of stuff, but am more inclined to believe than to not (partly because I want to believe, I find it comforting). Iā€™ve never seen anything where Iā€™ve been like ā€œ100% that was a ghostā€ but a few things have happened that I struggle to find an explanation for.

I work night shifts in a mental health hospital (itā€™s a new-ish building from the mid 2000ā€™s, but the site was an old Victorian asylum which was knocked down and rebuilt. I never worked in the original building but literally every one of my colleagues who did has a story to tell!)
Iā€™ve heard my name being called, several times Iā€™ve heard the sound of something being dragged along the bedroom corridor, seen figure-like shadows, felt a sudden icy coldness followed by a motion sensor activated light switching on!

Outside of work, a few times when I was a kid (no recent occurrences since I was a teenager, they do say kids are more open to this kind of intuition), I had dreams of people I knew dying, for them to pass a few days/weeks later šŸ˜­ some you could argue it was maybe my subconscious preparing me for the inevitable as people were already ill. But in at least two cases that I can remember (one being my grandad and one being a family dog) we had absolutely no way of knowing as they were very short illnesses. I like to think that these ā€œpredictionsā€ were on some level the people in question letting me know that it was their time to go and they were ready. I donā€™t know if this could be the case but it brings me comfort to think this.

i have a few more strange occurrences I could post about, will come back when I have more time to word it eloquently.

Iā€™ve seen a lot of people here talk about having sleep paralysis, which thankfully Iā€™ve never experienced. I did, and sometimes still do, get something called Alice In Wonderland Syndrome though when laid in bed while still awake. Itā€™s a bizarre feeling but I remember growing up thinking it was normal and not thinking too much of it, until one day I somehow got talking to someone else whoā€™d experienced it too. Basically it just messes with your whole sense of spatial awareness/distances/proportions. I describe it as feeling as though Iā€™m in a dolls house. Iā€™d look at the wall right next to my head and itā€™d seem miles away, yet somehow at the same time I had a feeling of being too big for the room, like I couldnā€™t sit up cos my head would touch the ceiling. Absolutely bizarre really. I rarely get it as an adult but every now and again it drops up, usually if Iā€™m ill or very tired.

I can tell you the story of quite possibly the most scared I have ever been, although written down it sounds like nothing!
I canā€™t remember the name of the hotel, but if this helps anyone identify it, it wouldā€™ve been around 2003 (ish, give or take a year or so either way), a National Holidays one night trip to Legoland, the overnight stay being in a nearby hotel not legloand itself.
I donā€™t remember it seeming a particularly scary place in daylight, donā€™t think it was that old but could be wrong. Even on the evening getting ready for bed nothing scared me. I couldnā€™t sleep that night at all for some reason, I was laid there just absolutely wide awake. From around 11pm onwards, every hour or so I would hear what sounded like a maids trolley being wheeled along the corridor, I do remember thinking thatā€™s odd, what a weird time to send a maid/cleaner round when people will be in bed. Then Iā€™d hear the trolley stop outside our door and a minute or so later Iā€™d feel the end of my bed go down as if someone was sat on the edge of the bed, theyā€™d stay for maybe around 10 seconds then go. I barely dared open my eyes all night but I heard/felt this thing happen 5 or 6 times and I just laid there absolutely terrified! Every time I heard the trolley I just knew that whatever/whoever it was was coming to my bed. The silly thing was my mam and little sister were sharing a double bed in the same room as me so I couldā€™ve easily just climbed in with them, but being a teenager I didnā€™t want to admit to being a scaredy cat. I had foolishly insisted when we first entered the room that I would not be seen dead sharing a bed with either of those losers šŸ¤£šŸ™ˆ

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
I just discovered this thread a few days ago and have been binge reading it since. So apologies to anyone who got notifications from me ā€œlikingā€ years old posts šŸ˜‚

I would say Iā€™m fairly open minded with this sort of stuff, but am more inclined to believe than to not (partly because I want to believe, I find it comforting). Iā€™ve never seen anything where Iā€™ve been like ā€œ100% that was a ghostā€ but a few things have happened that I struggle to find an explanation for.

I work night shifts in a mental health hospital (itā€™s a new-ish building from the mid 2000ā€™s, but the site was an old Victorian asylum which was knocked down and rebuilt. I never worked in the original building but literally every one of my colleagues who did has a story to tell!)
Iā€™ve heard my name being called, several times Iā€™ve heard the sound of something being dragged along the bedroom corridor, seen figure-like shadows, felt a sudden icy coldness followed by a motion sensor activated light switching on!

Outside of work, a few times when I was a kid (no recent occurrences since I was a teenager, they do say kids are more open to this kind of intuition), I had dreams of people I knew dying, for them to pass a few days/weeks later šŸ˜­ some you could argue it was maybe my subconscious preparing me for the inevitable as people were already ill. But in at least two cases that I can remember (one being my grandad and one being a family dog) we had absolutely no way of knowing as they were very short illnesses. I like to think that these ā€œpredictionsā€ were on some level the people in question letting me know that it was their time to go and they were ready. I donā€™t know if this could be the case but it brings me comfort to think this.

i have a few more strange occurrences I could post about, will come back when I have more time to word it eloquently.

Iā€™ve seen a lot of people here talk about having sleep paralysis, which thankfully Iā€™ve never experienced. I did, and sometimes still do, get something called Alice In Wonderland Syndrome though when laid in bed while still awake. Itā€™s a bizarre feeling but I remember growing up thinking it was normal and not thinking too much of it, until one day I somehow got talking to someone else whoā€™d experienced it too. Basically it just messes with your whole sense of spatial awareness/distances/proportions. I describe it as feeling as though Iā€™m in a dolls house. Iā€™d look at the wall right next to my head and itā€™d seem miles away, yet somehow at the same time I had a feeling of being too big for the room, like I couldnā€™t sit up cos my head would touch the ceiling. Absolutely bizarre really. I rarely get it as an adult but every now and again it drops up, usually if Iā€™m ill or very tired.

I can tell you the story of quite possibly the most scared I have ever been, although written down it sounds like nothing!
I canā€™t remember the name of the hotel, but if this helps anyone identify it, it wouldā€™ve been around 2003 (ish, give or take a year or so either way), a National Holidays one night trip to Legoland, the overnight stay being in a nearby hotel not legloand itself.
I donā€™t remember it seeming a particularly scary place in daylight, donā€™t think it was that old but could be wrong. Even on the evening getting ready for bed nothing scared me. I couldnā€™t sleep that night at all for some reason, I was laid there just absolutely wide awake. From around 11pm onwards, every hour or so I would hear what sounded like a maids trolley being wheeled along the corridor, I do remember thinking thatā€™s odd, what a weird time to send a maid/cleaner round when people will be in bed. Then Iā€™d hear the trolley stop outside our door and a minute or so later Iā€™d feel the end of my bed go down as if someone was sat on the edge of the bed, theyā€™d stay for maybe around 10 seconds then go. I barely dared open my eyes all night but I heard/felt this thing happen 5 or 6 times and I just laid there absolutely terrified! Every time I heard the trolley I just knew that whatever/whoever it was was coming to my bed. The silly thing was my mam and little sister were sharing a double bed in the same room as me so I couldā€™ve easily just climbed in with them, but being a teenager I didnā€™t want to admit to being a scaredy cat. I had foolishly insisted when we first entered the room that I would not be seen dead sharing a bed with either of those losers šŸ¤£šŸ™ˆ
Ha! That was someone saying "This will teach you for dissing your Mum !"

• Haha
Reactions: 5
This one isnā€™t so much scary, I actually find it very comforting if anything.
A couple of years ago I had a miscarriage, it was only early on, not far along enough for us to even have told most people but I was devastated none the less. We were lucky enough to conceive our son within a few months of this happening, which I think is the only silver lining I can find. Not that I would ever say Iā€™m glad we lost the first one, of course not but I dealt with the loss by telling myself if weā€™d had that one we wouldnā€™t have our son with us today. At times Iā€™ve felt so torn, and almost guilty for feeling this way (it might sound silly) as if Iā€™ve ā€œchosenā€ our son and discarded the other baby. I know itā€™s physically impossible but if I couldā€™ve had both of them here I would.
Anyway since our son was born Iā€™ve noticed that Iā€™ve started seeing white feathers all over the place. In our garden, walking down the street, at the shop, at work. Literally everywhere I go Iā€™ve seen them. I havenā€™t even mentioned it to my partner because heā€™s not a believer at all in this kind of thing and Iā€™d feel silly trying to convince him, but Iā€™m taking it as a sign from our first unborn baby that they are aroundā€¦. Somewhereā€¦. And theyā€™re okay wherever they arešŸ¤ I really hope my feeling is right, it brings me a lot of peace whenever I see one.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
A family member has recently passed away. For years she and her husband claimed they had a presence in their house that would sit at the end of the bed at night, however, apparently, it had inexplicably stopped doing that and seemed to have gone, weeks before my family memberā€™s sudden terminal illness diagnosis. Within weeks she has passed. Her husband is convinced the presence knew what was coming, and had cleared off. Now, when I try to sleep in my own house, Iā€™m like šŸ‘€šŸ‘€šŸ‘€ in case it somehow comes to me. Iā€™m a bit sensitive about it at the moment, because someone dying that you know makes you think of afterlife and presences.

I see "shadow people" quite often .,.. I'm a very spiritual person though.

I went to a funeral with a friend a few weeks back and saw many orbs hovering above the head of the woman conducting the service. I couldn't get a feel for who they were, but I did sense that they were there for the departed, and at times some would dart across to those present who were being discussed in the speeches. That doesn't happen at every funeral (I'll normally see one or two), although in a church setting - be it for a wedding, christening or funeral, I will see many just floating about (obviously their happy place).
Wow. I have never seen orbs myself but someone was discussing them with me the other day and that night I had fever dreams about orbs chasing me. I am not tuned in at all but I am rather creeped out when on my own, in the dark, in case I see something.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Hello everyone,

Somehow a thread on vile Jodie Marsh brought me here!

I live close by to Boleskine House, notable for its once owner Aleister Crowley. He performed many rituals there: the most talked about I won't mention by name here.

Ok, so I won't go into major detail here, but my dad was a violent, nasty drunk. He did a lot of awful things to myself, my sister and mum. The only good thing he ever did for me was introduce me to the occult at around age 10. Crowley became a stabilising force in my life and I was - still am - very involved. Anyway, when I was around 13, an ex and a friend decided to camp at Boleskine graveyard, and I wish we hadn't. It didn't take long before we heard whispering and disembodied voices. All of a sudden a stag appeared with an owl on its back as if it was the most normal thing in the world. We were bickering amongst eachother and decided we would stay despite the oppressive atmosphere. We were going down to loch ness to fetch water but as we we were looking down from the graveyard we all witnessed a huge, hulking hairy figure around 7 foot tall which ran from one side to the next. That was the final straw for us and we started walking towards dores. Now, dores is about an hour and a half walking from Boleskine yet it appeared as if it passed in no time. It remains one of the most weird of experiences.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Hello everyone,

Somehow a thread on vile Jodie Marsh brought me here!

I live close by to Boleskine House, notable for its once owner Aleister Crowley. He performed many rituals there: the most talked about I won't mention by name here.

Ok, so I won't go into major detail here, but my dad was a violent, nasty drunk. He did a lot of awful things to myself, my sister and mum. The only good thing he ever did for me was introduce me to the occult at around age 10. Crowley became a stabilising force in my life and I was - still am - very involved. Anyway, when I was around 13, an ex and a friend decided to camp at Boleskine graveyard, and I wish we hadn't. It didn't take long before we heard whispering and disembodied voices. All of a sudden a stag appeared with an owl on its back as if it was the most normal thing in the world. We were bickering amongst eachother and decided we would stay despite the oppressive atmosphere. We were going down to loch ness to fetch water but as we we were looking down from the graveyard we all witnessed a huge, hulking hairy figure around 7 foot tall which ran from one side to the next. That was the final straw for us and we started walking towards dores. Now, dores is about an hour and a half walking from Boleskine yet it appeared as if it passed in no time. It remains one of the most weird of experiences.
Hi you thanks for coming over havenā€™t got time at the mo but will share my stories soon šŸ˜€

Reactions: 5
I just have a small story to add. After my second child was born I was really poorly and in ITU. It was kind of a near death experience but I had fast acting doctors and have made a complete recovery. A while after baby was born I was discharged home to my parents house for a bit if support and TLC and they had been looking after first child.

My dad recorded on his phone me bringing baby two into meet baby one and it was evening so dark outside. The video is so strange, there are lots of orbs, small ones,around me and they whizz around the room and in front of the camera. Some hover around my head and whizz around as I hug my older baby, others are stationary and then flick about

What's more weird as when I was really unwell I distinctly remember before it went totally Haywire a really loud voice in my head saying "just keep breathing now and don't stop" but it wasn't said into my ear as it was before how poorly I was had been picked up. It was familiar but I can't place it. Saw the light and everything after but a tonne of adrenaline and CPR got me back. Family and friends are convinced the orbs are angels, sometimes I just think my mums house needs a good dust šŸ¤¦

• Heart
I just have a small story to add. After my second child was born I was really poorly and in ITU. It was kind of a near death experience but I had fast acting doctors and have made a complete recovery. A while after baby was born I was discharged home to my parents house for a bit if support and TLC and they had been looking after first child.

My dad recorded on his phone me bringing baby two into meet baby one and it was evening so dark outside. The video is so strange, there are lots of orbs, small ones,around me and they whizz around the room and in front of the camera. Some hover around my head and whizz around as I hug my older baby, others are stationary and then flick about

What's more weird as when I was really unwell I distinctly remember before it went totally Haywire a really loud voice in my head saying "just keep breathing now and don't stop" but it wasn't said into my ear as it was before how poorly I was had been picked up. It was familiar but I can't place it. Saw the light and everything after but a tonne of adrenaline and CPR got me back. Family and friends are convinced the orbs are angels, sometimes I just think my mums house needs a good dust šŸ¤¦
Youā€™ve reminded me of my mumā€™s story from when I was born. Mum had a boyfriend, before she got with my dad, who was tragically killed in a motor cycle accident. Mum was very young and inexperienced when she had me and had a really long tough labour. When I was finally born I wasnā€™t in the best condition, an awful colour apparently, my head and face were squashed and bruised from the long labour and i had some initial breathing difficulties. Eventually everything settled down and mum was left alone to rest. She fell into a doze then woke suddenly to see her ex boyfriend standing over my cot, he looked at her and smiled and told her not to worry as everything would be fine. She said she felt really calm and reassured by his visit.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I lived in a new build house, or was at the time, the site it was built on used to be a huge factory making bombs for the war. One night there was an explosion and lots of people who worked there passed away. The first couple of years I would always hear footsteps upstairs, sometimes the banging was so loud the light shade on the living room ceiling would shake. TV would turn on switch Channels over and over (I took a video of this) My friend who also lived nearby would experience things in her house, chairs sliding across the kitchen floor, noises, banging. She would sometimes call me late at night frightened. Her dad, when visiting, once said he looked out of the kitchen window, where there is a small field and saw a women, dressed in a white old fashioned dress just stood there looking back before disappearing. Donā€™t hear anything much anymore and it never frightened me or creeped me out.

Reactions: 13
Weā€™ve had a couple of weird things happen in our house since weā€™ve lived here nothing major. Things have picked up a bit since Iā€™ve been pregnant and since our eldest daughter has reached the ā€œKevin and Perryā€ stage as I like to call it. Tv turns itself on, taps come

About 4 weeks ago I was in the bath and other half was brushing his teeth and literally he went so pale I asked what was wrong and he wouldnā€™t tell me at first (he hates anything remotely scary) then he caved and said heā€™d just seen somthing or someone walk from the kids room down the stairs. Nothing happened for the next few weeks
However, we welcomed our 3rd child a week ago. Morning we came home other half popped home first to get car seat (we live round the corner from the hospital) everything was fine in doors. We got home about an hour later to find a photo frame weā€™ve had hanging at the top of the stairs For around 5 years had been pulled off the wall with such force the clip on the back of the frame had been ripped off. Twice in the last week of being home Iā€™ve also been slapped on the back aswell once in the bathroom and second time was on the top of the stairs.

• Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.