True ghost stories šŸ‘»

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My mother died in 2016, aged 57 from oesophageal cancer. My mother wasn't in my dreams much before this but since she passed, she seems to be in the majority of the dreams I have. Sometimes, we even have disagreements! I genuinely awake feeling as though I have spent time with her. The thing is, in my dreams, I know that she technically "died", but there she is anyway. In my dreams, I get the sense that she died but she didn't die. It doesn't make sense but I have little desire to question it further in my dreams and go along with it. I often awake with disappointment that my mother has realistically died in this world and life as we know it but also some mild comfort and a feeling that I've met her again.
This isnā€™t ghostly and not the same as yours but I very very often have dreams about my dad where he hadnā€™t really died - he just faked it because he had to go into hiding for some reason - itā€™s always different things every time. I wake up and it feels so real and it always really creeps me out for a bit. Iā€™ve never told anyone this before so I probably sound insane šŸ˜†šŸ˜

• Heart
Reactions: 11
My mother died in 2016, aged 57 from oesophageal cancer. My mother wasn't in my dreams much before this but since she passed, she seems to be in the majority of the dreams I have. Sometimes, we even have disagreements! I genuinely awake feeling as though I have spent time with her. The thing is, in my dreams, I know that she technically "died", but there she is anyway. In my dreams, I get the sense that she died but she didn't die. It doesn't make sense but I have little desire to question it further in my dreams and go along with it. I often awake with disappointment that my mother has realistically died in this world and life as we know it but also some mild comfort and a feeling that I've met her again.
I dream about my Mam this way too šŸ˜Š I always dream thatā€™s sheā€™s there and weā€™re just doing the most normal things like shopping together, and I know in the dream that sheā€™s dead so Iā€™m really making an effort to enjoy the time with her. I always wake up feeling content to have seen her again, never upset by it. So sorry for your loss xx

• Heart
Reactions: 22
So glad I found this thread. I have been able to ā€˜feelā€™ energies of house and objects since I was very young (thatā€™s a whole lotta other stories) and itā€™s only since Iā€™ve gotten older that Iā€™ve experienced apparitions, mostly of which have been corner of your eye stuff and nothing full on, until June 2019. Background; My friend had hired a log cabin type place for the weekend, which was in Athelington, in depths of Suffolk to celebrate her birthday. There were 5 of us going, however I had come down unwell with a chest and ear infection the week before and decided not to stay for the weekend but to go for a day and head home later.
Anyway we had a great day, they had all been drinking (I was on medication so couldnā€™t) so I drove my friend to Eye (about 15mins away along a typical country road) to get fish and chips for dinner. After dinner they all had a few more drinks and jumped into the hot tub and as it was approaching twilight I felt it was an appropriate time to start my journey home as it was a least a 2 hour drive.
I am not bad at following a sat nav but hate not knowing a familiar road, but from my earlier journey to the fish and chip shop, I roughly knew what sort of roads I was going down. I put the sat nav on, connected my phone, had my favourite tunes blasting away and was actually enjoying the road and country views as the sun was going down, I was aware that a tight corner was approaching, which was quite overgrown on both sides of the narrow road and slowed down. Now this next bit is hard to describe as it literally happened so fast and lasted for mere seconds. As I came out of the bend, I saw in the middle of the road, straight in front of me, a large horse upon which sat a man wearing a military uniform and a large hat with a feather in it. I hit the horse and man, just as my brain told my feet to brake and I felt a wave of coldness pass through me, as my car passed through them and as it did, every single piece of electrical equipment in my car died, my lights, my music, sat nav etc, it all went off! I looked in my rear view mirror, there was nothing there!! You couldnā€™t miss a large horse and man directly in front of you, I know what I saw, I can still see them in my minds eye today, but they just vanished into thin air like smoke? I was now panicking and completely freaked out, nothing apart from the engine worked in the car, the sun was rapidly going down and I had just driven through a horse!!!!!!!!!!!
Not completely sure of where I was but faintly recognising the road from the earlier visit to get Fish and Chips, I carried on driving, completely freaked out and not wanting to stop in the middle of nowhere to see if I could get anything working on my car until I reached the outskirts of Eye and a few houses. I calmed myself down, switched off the engine and when I turned it back on everything in the car sprang back into life. I started to shake! What had just happened to me? Had it really happened? Why had the electrics failed? I knew something for sure and that was that I wanted to be as far away from there as possible.
To this day it still gives me chills to think of, I have tried looking up any battles in the local area and have found a picture of The Loyal Suffolk Hussars Yeomanary, the first one in the picture is quite similar to the man I saw on the horse.

Just catching up on this and had to reply to you! My sister had a similar experience to you around the same area.. turns out there was a big POW camp not so far from there for the french army during the Napoleonic War! If you look up their uniform it sounds similar to what you saw!

• Wow
Reactions: 11
Just catching up on this and had to reply to you! My sister had a similar experience to you around the same area.. turns out there was a big POW camp not so far from there for the french army during the Napoleonic War! If you look up their uniform it sounds similar to what you saw!
OMG! Thank you for posting this ā¤ Did your sister share what she saw? Iā€™m intrigued and relieved that someone else has experienced a similar experience. Iā€™m off to look up POW camps now. So glad you posted xxxx

ETA - just had a quick look and youā€™re right about distance and uniform šŸ˜³šŸ˜² next time Iā€™m headed back down south Iā€™m going to stop off at Norman Cross and see if I can pick up any vibes from the area x

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
OMG! Thank you for posting this ā¤ Did your sister share what she saw? Iā€™m intrigued and relieved that someone else has experienced a similar experience. Iā€™m off to look up POW camps now. So glad you posted xxxx

ETA - just had a quick look and youā€™re right about distance and uniform šŸ˜³šŸ˜² next time Iā€™m headed back down south Iā€™m going to stop off at Norman Cross and see if I can pick up any vibes from the area x
My sister was leaving Yaxley after visiting a friend and she left when it was about dusk. The roads were quiet and she said she saw a man in uniform standing to the side of the road and watched her drive past. Her phone was plugged in to the car and she was listening to a podcast but it crackled and cut out as she went past. When she looked in her rear view mirror the man was gone and her podcast carried on without any further faults!

• Wow
Reactions: 13
Sorry if this is a bit off topic but saw a TikTok about this earlier and itā€™s so eerie.

Is anyone from Liverpool or has visited and experienced ā€œgoing back in timeā€ whilst walking down Bold Street? Looking up some stories about it online and itā€™s so creepy yet fascinating.

• Wow
Reactions: 15
Sorry if this is a bit off topic but saw a TikTok about this earlier and itā€™s so eerie.

Is anyone from Liverpool or has visited and experienced ā€œgoing back in timeā€ whilst walking down Bold Street? Looking up some stories about it online and itā€™s so creepy yet fascinating.
No, but now I want to go there!!

Reactions: 5

Sounds very "Goodnight Sweetheart"!

My sister was leaving Yaxley after visiting a friend and she left when it was about dusk. The roads were quiet and she said she saw a man in uniform standing to the side of the road and watched her drive past. Her phone was plugged in to the car and she was listening to a podcast but it crackled and cut out as she went past. When she looked in her rear view mirror the man was gone and her podcast carried on without any further faults!
Freaky! Very similar. They must be connected, I wonder if anyone has done any spiritual research in that area?

Reactions: 1

Yes Tom Slemen has written stories about Bold Streets 'Timeslip.' Quite a few accounts of walking along there and ending up in Victorian Liverpool!

Timeslip article is anyone is interested

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
Thank you to the OP that mentioned the ā€œsurviving deathā€ doc on Netflix. Started watching last night. Very interesting.

Reactions: 3
I absolutely hated when we were house hunting the vibes i would get from places. Viewed one very nice albeit chintzy house and immediately felt unwelcome, the son was showing us around and said his mum loved the house wouldn't go in to a home etc, tells us she fell down the stairs and died there. Not our forever home.
Another was a family home immaculate, lovely decor but felt really 'off' looked all around got to the bathroom at the back, the (only lockable) door was covered in first sized holes, my stomach lurched such a horrid sensation šŸ˜”
I agree that places definitely have energy.
This reminds me of someone I used to babysit as a young teen. The family had moved into the 2 bedroom house opposite us, previously there was a single mum and her teenage daughter living there. They were very religious and very much kept themselves to themsleves. When I started babysitting there I was told that the smaller bedroom had a padlock on the door and it creeped the woman out as clearly it was used to lock somebody in their bedroom. You could still see the marks from where the screws had been.
That house gave me such bad vibes. I was okay in the living room but I hated having to go to the landing upstairs area(more so the landing) I just got this weird feeling that i was being watched. The girl I babysat for used to have terrible night terrors to about this cupboard in her room.
A few months after the family moved in they got robbed while they were upstairs in bed. The only thing that was taken was the mum's secret envelope of emergency cash which was hidden away in a kitchen drawer.
I never liked babysitting there(loved the family) but the feeling of the landing/upstairs and the fact they were likely robbed by someone they knew was so creepy to me.
When the family moved out several people moved in over the years but never seemed to stay longer than a year and before we moved it had been left vacant for months.

• Wow
I was reading storm advice yesterday and it said to open your loft hatch to alleviate the pressure thus stopping your roof blowing off.

Keep your roof / let the ghouls get you ... tough choice šŸ˜³

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I was reading storm advice yesterday and it said to open your loft hatch to alleviate the pressure thus stopping your roof blowing off.

Keep your roof / let the ghouls get you ... tough choice šŸ˜³
100% Iā€™d rather lose the roof and set the ghosts free šŸ˜‚

• Haha

I have been up and down Bold Street a million times and never knew abut this.

Reactions: 4
Reactions: 3
Back for some more stories now Iā€™ve caught up.

My grandad died about 6 years ago now not long after I moved to another country. We werenā€™t particularly close but would visit him on birthdays/christmases etc. My family didnā€™t tell me he was ill straight away as they didnā€™t want to worry me, so I didnā€™t find out until he actually passed.

The first few years after he died around 3 or 4 times Iā€™ve woken up in the middle of the night and have been absolutely certain that he was stood in the doorway to the bedroom. I never actually saw him but definitely felt a presence and had a strong feeling that it was him. I travel for work so this has happened in hotel rooms in other countries, as well as my home where I live now (which my husband really wasnā€™t impressed with when I woke him up one night to tell him my grandad had just been to visit us šŸ˜‚).

I visited his partner a few years after his death and told her heā€™s been to visit me, she said she also sees him stood in the doorway of the living room and she tells him to piss off because sheā€™s still angry at him for dying šŸ˜‚

My dad has also said that heā€™s seen him in the bedroom doorway in the middle of the night. He must have a thing about doorways! Havenā€™t seen him for a while so I really hope heā€™s passed on to a peaceful place now, and like to think that he was just coming to check on me and say goodbye, as we never really had a proper goodbye before I left.

Iā€™ll post about my childhood home in another post as itā€™s a long one. Iā€™m currently trying to do more research about what was in the area before it was built (Iā€™m sure I was told when I was younger it was a mining area which would make sense).

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.