True ghost stories šŸ‘»

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I hope so. I dreamt about my nan the other night, so could be her or my FIL whoā€™s anniversary it is next week ā¤
Went for a snooze with the baby earlier, and my husband came in and the balloon was in my face when I was sleeping šŸ˜¬ my 6 year old also just said heā€™s just heard noises coming from his wardrobe, so thatā€™s great šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ x
6 year olds hear all sorts of thing lol šŸ˜‚ whomever it is really sound like they want you to realise their presence. If youā€™re freaked out too much by it, remember you can ask them to leave, say they are scaring you and try and lucite an exit sign in your mind. You sound quite chill about it all and I really hope itā€™s your Nan or FIL xxx

Reactions: 3
6 year olds hear all sorts of thing lol šŸ˜‚ whomever it is really sound like they want you to realise their presence. If youā€™re freaked out too much by it, remember you can ask them to leave, say they are scaring you and try and lucite an exit sign in your mind. You sound quite chill about it all and I really hope itā€™s your Nan or FIL xxx
Yer, Iā€™m not too fussed. I think Iā€™ve always had something around me. Although I have asked for it to leave now, after sitting downstairs when it was just me and the cat, who was on my lap, and my bedroom floorboards were creaking like someone was moving around šŸ™ˆ
Ah, I hope itā€™s one of them too. Iā€™ll have to ask my husband who sees things but donā€™t believe they are real, if heā€™s heard anything. The balloon thing has freaked me out a bit though šŸ˜‚ xx

• Heart
Reactions: 3
So I had a crazy weird experience. My dad is adopted, I have no contact with him but when I was a child we found his birth mother and I remember meeting her and being in her house etc but for the life of me I couldnā€™t remember the family surname. Iā€™ve been wanting to learn more about my family history and I was looking into seeing if kids of adopted people can access the records because Iā€™m so desperate to figure it all out.

with all this in mind I had a dream a few weeks ago that I was in county mayo in Ireland and I was walking with an old man who was telling me the history of the old country road we were walking on together and he was explaining to me how it was built. We even cut through a pub and the staff in the pub were trying to tell us to sit down and have a pint and he told them no he had to keep walking with me teach me about this old road. And I told everyone in the bar as we were cutting through he was my great grandad. He was in a suit and he had some kind of military medal pinned to it but I cant remember what it looked like.

now we are all very spiritual people in my family and when I told my mam and asked her did we have any family ties to mayo she told me no. I just found the whole thing very very strange considering Iā€™m on the hunt for connections to the other side of my parentage it freaked me right out tbh lol

• Heart
Reactions: 8
So I had a crazy weird experience. My dad is adopted, I have no contact with him but when I was a child we found his birth mother and I remember meeting her and being in her house etc but for the life of me I couldnā€™t remember the family surname. Iā€™ve been wanting to learn more about my family history and I was looking into seeing if kids of adopted people can access the records because Iā€™m so desperate to figure it all out.

with all this in mind I had a dream a few weeks ago that I was in county mayo in Ireland and I was walking with an old man who was telling me the history of the old country road we were walking on together and he was explaining to me how it was built. We even cut through a pub and the staff in the pub were trying to tell us to sit down and have a pint and he told them no he had to keep walking with me teach me about this old road. And I told everyone in the bar as we were cutting through he was my great grandad. He was in a suit and he had some kind of military medal pinned to it but I cant remember what it looked like.

now we are all very spiritual people in my family and when I told my mam and asked her did we have any family ties to mayo she told me no. I just found the whole thing very very strange considering Iā€™m on the hunt for connections to the other side of my parentage it freaked me right out tbh lol
you should do a ancestry dna test

When my son was 3 i'd put him to bed and he would talk and laugh at his wall. He would say Daddy was in the wall speaking to him. His uncle died many years agof, he looked exactly like his brother and I like to thinki it was him.
I've had the things going missing. Lost my remote for a couple of months looked everywhere. One evening was sat at the pc table got up and it was in the middle of the sofa!
My boss went to the states for work left me with the keys as we had a lot of deliveries due in. Put them on my mantlepiece went to go to work the next day they'd gone missing. Searched high and low to no avail. Had to postpone all orders for the keys to turn up on my mantlepiece the day my boss was due home!

• Wow
Reactions: 9
When my son was 3 i'd put him to bed and he would talk and laugh at his wall. He would say Daddy was in the wall speaking to him. His uncle died many years agof, he looked exactly like his brother and I like to thinki it was him.
I've had the things going missing. Lost my remote for a couple of months looked everywhere. One evening was sat at the pc table got up and it was in the middle of the sofa!
My boss went to the states for work left me with the keys as we had a lot of deliveries due in. Put them on my mantlepiece went to go to work the next day they'd gone missing. Searched high and low to no avail. Had to postpone all orders for the keys to turn up on my mantlepiece the day my boss was due home!
I bet that was awkward to explain to your boss! ā€˜Oh I couldnā€™t work, a ghost hid my keys!ā€™ A new take on, ā€˜the dog ate my homeworkā€™ šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 12
This is exactly what My Bloke does! He pinches things then returns them weeks later in a place where there is NO WAY you would not have come across them long before but these days I just say "Very funny; Now come on I'd like it back please" and generally the item does reappear faster than it would have years ago.
I have accepted Him and his presence because he's been with me since I left home at 21 and he's moved house with me numerous times - even abroad! However OH is sceptical of course even though its often something of his that gets swiped and he blames me for putting it away and forgetting what I've done with it! :)

When my eldest was three we lived in an old pub with the ex-husband where My Bloke was at his most active. Someone said that its often the way when theres a sense of disturbance going on (ie husband of the time shagging ugly barmaids), and here was My Bloke constantly pinching items, random lights throughout the property would be switched on during the night, the decorators saw shadowy figures lurking about when they worked during after hours and nobody particularly wanted to ever go down the cellar because it felt "weird" down there. The heavy brass taps to the glasswashers and the washing machine were often turned off too but the clincher was my child telling me that an old man came into his room sometimes and told him bedtime stories about animals and things......................... Hmmmmmmmmmmmm It was my son that told me his name too but thats my secret :)

I'd like to think My Bloke was my grandfather who died when I was a child but the name does not fit at all and the grandfather the name does fit with died twenty five years afterwards so it can't feasibly be him, yet for all the weird stuff going on I'm not afraid, in fact theres a sense of comfort in that somebody is watching over me and my kids. :)

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Not really a ghost story but. My mum has my uncles dressing gown hanging up behind her door (he passed away last July) we are moving house next week and it just seems a bit strange. My dog has developed a weird obsession with her room, he will just randomly run upstairs and lay outside her door.. or cry to get in. When she lets him in with her he just stands by the dressing down or sniffs at it with a fixation!! Yesterday she was away and I was home alone. She always leaves her bedroom door shut but I noticed it slightly open and I thought hmmm that's strange. I closed the door, my dog heard me, ran upstairs and then was cowering away!! Way to freak me out šŸ˜‚ Maybe my uncle is with us, maybe it's nothing but they say animals can sense things and I can't explain the door being open.

Reactions: 10
When I was a teenager we lived in a high set house. My bedroom faced the road. I had a huge window that was screened so nothing could get in or out (well, they werenā€™t security screens but fly screens).
This didnā€™t happen only once but several times throughout maybe a few years. It would happen usually when I was sitting at my desk which was right next to the window.
I would experience someone (something?) put their arm through my window and back out. It all happened very quickly and would ever happen only once at a time.
The first time I thought I was just seeing things, but it kept happening! Until one day it just stopped.
I still cannot figure out what it was.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Now heres an example; I mention Him on Monday and today my garlic crusher (of all things) has done a bunk from the drawer.

I only used it the other day so I know exactly where I put it in the drawer with all those other kitchen bits, and yet this morning its GONE

I hasten to add that its not OH swiping it to use in his shed or whatever and frankly he'd have no idea what it was or what it was used for anyway, nevertheless the frigging garlic crusher has vanished which is a bloody pain seeing as I was making garlic bread so now I shall have stinky garlic hands all day! Lets see how long this thing take to reappear because I have asked for it back although I half-expect it will return AFTER I've gone and bought another one as has often happened in the past :(

Reactions: 6
UPDATE - garlic crusher reappeared in another drawer on the other side of the kitchen :) He listened to me :)

• Heart
Reactions: 11
UPDATE - garlic crusher reappeared in another drawer on the other side of the kitchen :) He listened to me :)
I often stand in my house and say "look, I REALLY need that now; this isn't funny so please put it back". It's amazing how often I find things after that or get a mental nudge about where it is to be found.

Years ago, after my parents had died and I'd moved into my current house which I was doing up, I went to see a medium recommended by a work colleague. One of the things that stuck in my mind was that she seemed very puzzled by one thing - she said "I've got an older man here and he keeps talking about door knobs, cupboard door knobs. He says 'just get the bloody knobs sorted'". What she didn't know was that I'd had the naff doors taken off the built-in wardrobes and replaced them with lovely reclaimed wooden ones but the guy doing the work hadn't fitted the knobs to them yet which was a bit of a pain. When I told him, he fitted them that day and said that he'd never been nagged by a ghost before! It was so like my dad to fixate on the bloody door knobs šŸ˜‚.
Love this. Such a dad/parent thing to go on about. I'm very sorry for the loss of your parents

Not really a ghost story, but I was in the bathroom tonight stood infront of the mirror about to do my teeth and the lights started to flicker and the bulb went. All I could think of was that Bloody Mary urban legend and I dont think i've ever shot out a room so quick in my life :ROFLMAO:šŸ˜¬

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I was convinced that my childhood home was haunted; I lived there from being 5 years old and moved out when I was 25. There were many times that I felt like I was being watched or that there was someone in the room with me, and on one occasion I actually saw what I believe was a ghost - thereā€™s no other explanation I can come up with anyway!

I donā€™t remember specifically when it happened but when I was a teenager I was alone in the house one day. I was walking along the corridor leading to the kitchen and felt / heard somebody walking behind me, so obviously I panicked and started to run. When I finally looked back there was nobody there. I told myself that I was just a wimp (as I say, Iā€™d had this sort of feeling before although not as vivid as this time) and carried on my business, I think Iā€™d gone to get a drink. Just off the kitchen was a door which lead to a room my mum used as her office, which used to be a coal house and passageway to the garden. As I was leaving the kitchen something caught my eye from there and when I looked through the doorway there was a man standing there looking right back at me, he was probably middle aged but looked older, with big thick 80s style glasses. He was so clear and solid looking that I thought someone was in the house so I geared myself up to leg it, but when I looked again he wasnā€™t there.

I would quite often smell really strong cigarette smoke, almost as if somebody was standing next to me smoking, but nobody in the house smoked. There were also several incidents that happened at around 3am when I was up doing coursework for uni, and always seemed to revolve around my bedroom doorway. I had belts hung on my door handle and one night they started swinging really aggressively back and forth, another night a load of necklaces that were hanging on a hook next to the doorway dropped to the floor but the hook was still firmly in the wall. I didnā€™t feel any sort of bad feelings though so just kind of accepted that we had company in the house!

A few years later my boyfriend stayed over for the first time, and he woke me up at about 3am screaming. Iā€™ve never heard a sound like it, it was utter terror. When weā€™d got over the initial shock he told me that he was having a dream about something normal, but it was then interrupted by the noise of footsteps coming up the stairs. In the dream he turned to me and asked who was coming, and I said very calmly ā€œoh itā€™s just the man who used to live hereā€. The next thing my bedroom door burst open and an elderly man with glasses came right up to my boyfriends face and screamed ā€œget out!ā€, causing him to scream and wake up. I think the man had got used to my family living there but wasnā€™t impressed about this new man turning up!

• Wow
Reactions: 26
I was convinced that my childhood home was haunted; I lived there from being 5 years old and moved out when I was 25. There were many times that I felt like I was being watched or that there was someone in the room with me, and on one occasion I actually saw what I believe was a ghost - thereā€™s no other explanation I can come up with anyway!

I donā€™t remember specifically when it happened but when I was a teenager I was alone in the house one day. I was walking along the corridor leading to the kitchen and felt / heard somebody walking behind me, so obviously I panicked and started to run. When I finally looked back there was nobody there. I told myself that I was just a wimp (as I say, Iā€™d had this sort of feeling before although not as vivid as this time) and carried on my business, I think Iā€™d gone to get a drink. Just off the kitchen was a door which lead to a room my mum used as her office, which used to be a coal house and passageway to the garden. As I was leaving the kitchen something caught my eye from there and when I looked through the doorway there was a man standing there looking right back at me, he was probably middle aged but looked older, with big thick 80s style glasses. He was so clear and solid looking that I thought someone was in the house so I geared myself up to leg it, but when I looked again he wasnā€™t there.

I would quite often smell really strong cigarette smoke, almost as if somebody was standing next to me smoking, but nobody in the house smoked. There were also several incidents that happened at around 3am when I was up doing coursework for uni, and always seemed to revolve around my bedroom doorway. I had belts hung on my door handle and one night they started swinging really aggressively back and forth, another night a load of necklaces that were hanging on a hook next to the doorway dropped to the floor but the hook was still firmly in the wall. I didnā€™t feel any sort of bad feelings though so just kind of accepted that we had company in the house!

A few years later my boyfriend stayed over for the first time, and he woke me up at about 3am screaming. Iā€™ve never heard a sound like it, it was utter terror. When weā€™d got over the initial shock he told me that he was having a dream about something normal, but it was then interrupted by the noise of footsteps coming up the stairs. In the dream he turned to me and asked who was coming, and I said very calmly ā€œoh itā€™s just the man who used to live hereā€. The next thing my bedroom door burst open and an elderly man with glasses came right up to my boyfriends face and screamed ā€œget out!ā€, causing him to scream and wake up. I think the man had got used to my family living there but wasnā€™t impressed about this new man turning up!
Omg! Love these stories! Did you find out who he was? If he was from 80s some neighbours would probably know him!

I often stand in my house and say "look, I REALLY need that now; this isn't funny so please put it back". It's amazing how often I find things after that or get a mental nudge about where it is to be found.
I have never done that but countess times something has vanished and I really can't find it and then suddenly it's come back!!

Reactions: 4
Omg! Love these stories! Did you find out who he was? If he was from 80s some neighbours would probably know him!
No but I really wish I had! There was an elderly lady living next door who no doubt wouldā€™ve had all the gossip about previous tenants, but my mum didnā€™t believe me for years and by the time we properly spoke about it the lady had passed away šŸ˜” But that leads onto a couple more stories!

My mum was in denial about it all because her dad, my grandad, was quite spiritual and really believed in the supernatural - she thought he was bonkers. One of his stories was that when he was young his brother passed away unexpectedly and his wife couldnā€™t find his will anywhere. On the day of the funeral my grandad was in his brotherā€™s house and a voice told him to ā€œlook inside the pianoā€, and sure enough there was a file inside with all the important documents that they hadnā€™t been able to find anywhere. The only other person in the house at the time was his brotherā€™s wife, and my grandad was adamant that it was a manā€™s voice that spoke to him.

The incident that made my mum start to think there was more to it was years later when my grandad died. He had dementia and was on his death bed, hadnā€™t really been conscious in days, so my mum and auntie were in his room basically waiting for him to pass away. All of a sudden my grandad sat bolt upright in bed, something he wouldā€™ve been incapable of doing without assistance, and put his arms over his face as though he was protecting himself from something. Before anyone could react he laid back down as if nothing had happened, but a few seconds later a crow flew into his bedroom window šŸ˜³ šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø

• Wow
Reactions: 15
No but I really wish I had! There was an elderly lady living next door who no doubt wouldā€™ve had all the gossip about previous tenants, but my mum didnā€™t believe me for years and by the time we properly spoke about it the lady had passed away šŸ˜” But that leads onto a couple more stories!

My mum was in denial about it all because her dad, my grandad, was quite spiritual and really believed in the supernatural - she thought he was bonkers. One of his stories was that when he was young his brother passed away unexpectedly and his wife couldnā€™t find his will anywhere. On the day of the funeral my grandad was in his brotherā€™s house and a voice told him to ā€œlook inside the pianoā€, and sure enough there was a file inside with all the important documents that they hadnā€™t been able to find anywhere. The only other person in the house at the time was his brotherā€™s wife, and my grandad was adamant that it was a manā€™s voice that spoke to him.

The incident that made my mum start to think there was more to it was years later when my grandad died. He had dementia and was on his death bed, hadnā€™t really been conscious in days, so my mum and auntie were in his room basically waiting for him to pass away. All of a sudden my grandad sat bolt upright in bed, something he wouldā€™ve been incapable of doing without assistance, and put his arms over his face as though he was protecting himself from something. Before anyone could react he laid back down as if nothing had happened, but a few seconds later a crow flew into his bedroom window šŸ˜³ šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø
Ah thatā€™s a shame you never found out who he is. If you really wanted to you could check with land registry and see who owned the house before you. He may well still have living relatives in the area!

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.