True ghost stories 👻

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ah that’s a shame you never found out who he is. If you really wanted to you could check with land registry and see who owned the house before you. He may well still have living relatives in the area!
@Jkop When did your parents by the house?
It was a council house when we moved in, my mum bought it mid 1990s when we’d lived there a couple of years. Not sure how it works with council tenancy records but I’m guessing they wouldn’t give me any info. Worth a try I suppose!

My mum sold it a few years ago and I really want to go and speak to the new family to see if they’ve seen or heard from him!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
It was a council house when we moved in, my mum bought it mid 1990s when we’d lived there a couple of years. Not sure how it works with council tenancy records but I’m guessing they wouldn’t give me any info. Worth a try I suppose!

My mum sold it a few years ago and I really want to go and speak to the new family to see if they’ve seen or heard from him!
I really hope you do! 😂 I’m invested in this now 😂

Reactions: 3

Put a note through the door. I revisited my childhood home by doing just that, after my Mum died.

Reactions: 5
I bought an old telephone from a weekend market a few months ago. I have a bit of a superstition about buying secondhand goods because of the stagnant energy, and I'm not really into ornaments, but for some reason I felt very drawn to this item. It's a beautiful sage green colour and I thought it would look nice on a small table I have sitting underneath a piece that has the same shades of green.

Every single morning around 3am, without fail, this phone - despite not being connected - rings! We don't have a house phone connected - we just have mobiles (which don't sound like this), and this phone isn't even connected. Yet it rings. It rings three times, then stops.

It doesn't feel malevolent, but obviously has some sort of energy attached to it. Our cats also seem intrigued by it - they'll often sit and stare at it, mesmerised.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
Have a story from when I was in high school. Year 10 and around 50/60 of our year went on a trip to Prague. They visited many beautiful buildings and while standing outside this particular building they noticed it had a round window right at the top. One of my friends shouted what is that and they all looked up. There was a little girl up there and her head was tilted side to side with wide eyes like she was possessed. The history teacher noticed what was happening and told them all to stop looking. They enquired inside afterwards but there was no access to that room as it was a storage room/attic. The owners of the souvenir shop said there was no-one living up there. My friend to this day can’t get the image out of her head and the way in which the little girls head turned and how wide her eyes were. She looked disturbed and contorted almost. My friend is also the least likely person to believe in supernatural stuff but she said everyone saw her and her bodily movements and head tilting so quickly from side to side were not normal and scared the tit out of everyone including the boys.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 21
I bought an old telephone from a weekend market a few months ago. I have a bit of a superstition about buying secondhand goods because of the stagnant energy, and I'm not really into ornaments, but for some reason I felt very drawn to this item. It's a beautiful sage green colour and I thought it would look nice on a small table I have sitting underneath a piece that has the same shades of green.

Every single morning around 3am, without fail, this phone - despite not being connected - rings! We don't have a house phone connected - we just have mobiles (which don't sound like this), and this phone isn't even connected. Yet it rings. It rings three times, then stops.

It doesn't feel malevolent, but obviously has some sort of energy attached to it. Our cats also seem intrigued by it - they'll often sit and stare at it, mesmerised.
I would be waiting up and answering it! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 14

Our previous house was built in the 1700s (there had been a dwelling on the site back in the 14thc though) but above the front door there was a large electric doorbell, maybe 1960s; It had been disconnected from the mains power long ago and yet it rang of its own accord sometimes.

Now I just love old things (Art Deco & Nouveau mostly) so I reckon my place is one ocean of stagnant power, thats alongside my Old Bloke who goes wherever I go :)

• Heart
Reactions: 6
OMG one of my cousins had to get their house blessed by a priest yesterday as weird stuff is happening.

My cousin is telling me that it’s trying to hell her it’s her son that she miscarried in 1998 and the priest said it’s lying and it’s trying to get her to trust whatever it is. And when the priest went upstairs of the house where most of the weird stuff happens he went pale in the face and began to nearly faint.

IDK if I can believe in the priest as it’s his job to believe in that stuff but it’s crazy to think this stuffs happening.

But weird stuff always happened to that cousin, as she was with my Aunt in England when that Aunt started to get haunted.

Ask me anything cause im just in shock and can’t believe that happened 😧

• Wow
Reactions: 13
Not really a ghost story, but I was in the bathroom tonight stood infront of the mirror about to do my teeth and the lights started to flicker and the bulb went. All I could think of was that Bloody Mary urban legend and I dont think i've ever shot out a room so quick in my life :ROFLMAO:😬
This terrified me as a child and I won’t havre any openmirrors in my bedroom for this reason, I have one inside the wardrobe door and it HAS to be closed when I sleep 😂

Reactions: 8
OMG one of my cousins had to get their house blessed by a priest yesterday as weird stuff is happening.

My cousin is telling me that it’s trying to hell her it’s her son that she miscarried in 1998 and the priest said it’s lying and it’s trying to get her to trust whatever it is. And when the priest went upstairs of the house where most of the weird stuff happens he went pale in the face and began to nearly faint.

IDK if I can believe in the priest as it’s his job to believe in that stuff but it’s crazy to think this stuffs happening.

But weird stuff always happened to that cousin, as she was with my Aunt in England when that Aunt started to get haunted.

Ask me anything cause im just in shock and can’t believe that happened 😧
Oh Jesus 😱 do you think something is following your cousin around? Not able 😭

Reactions: 5
Oh Jesus 😱 do you think something is following your cousin around? Not able 😭
Oh she thinks so too, because both her and my aunt have been complaining of problems with stuff following them when they went to live in England in the 90s.

I spoke about my aunts house before on here and im quite skeptical but something was wrong with that house, as people would be hit and in a specific spot in one of the bedrooms people would always be held down, and my cousin has also issues with tit like that even tho she has moved house several times. Example one time she was punched in the back when I was having a cup of tea with her and I thought she was winding me up and no there was a big red mark right In the middle of her back a few mins later.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
We had a guy building a conservatory on our house. It was his last day building it. I just came back from school and decided to make the builder a cup of tea. I took it out to him and he tells me "I seen your sister in the kitchen earlier". I was confused. "I haven't got a sister" I told him as I hadn't. I'm the only child. "Your friend then" he proceeded to say. "Nobody has been in the house all day mate. No friends or my parents. What are you on about?" I was really confused what he was going on about because the house is left empty all day. I'm at school until half 3 and both parents are at work until 5 so he shouldn't be seeing anybody lol. He started to go a little pale and then said "Look, I saw a young girl walking around the kitchen table earlier. You sure it wasn't you in a dark brown wig then?" I laughed. "No mate, I've been at school the whole day, I'm not allowed out until home time so it can't have been me. What did this girl look like?"

But I knew. I knew who he saw because it clicked. My dad told me 2 weeks prior that he saw a young girl sitting on a chair in front of the fireplace near him. He called out thinking it was me but then she disappeared. He realised it wasn't me because she was dressed completely different and had different hair. He described her to me so I wondered if this builder would have the same description of the girl that my dad saw. "She had a dull grey dress, looked quite old fashioned and she had shoulder length wavy dark brown hair, she looked about 7 years old come to think of it". Yes, was the exact same description as to what my dad had seen. I smiled and decided to break the news to him. "Yeah, you saw a ghost. You're going to have to speak to my dad as he's seen her too". He went absolutely pale. He couldn't even drink his tea. He was so freaked out. I left him to carry on with his work.

When dad came home, I couldn't wait to tell him what the builder had saw so they did have a conversation about it. The builder did say in the end "I'm glad this is my last day as I would not be coming back again after that experience" hahaha. Bless him. Me and my mom never saw this girl but things did happen round the house like lights switching on and off and objects moving, footsteps and bangs. It was just a very freaky house that I was never comfortable in alone and I could never sleep with the light off either. Boy was I relived when I moved out.

Reactions: 16
Oh she thinks so too, because both her and my aunt have been complaining of problems with stuff following them when they went to live in England in the 90s.

I spoke about my aunts house before on here and im quite skeptical but something was wrong with that house, as people would be hit and in a specific spot in one of the bedrooms people would always be held down, and my cousin has also issues with tit like that even tho she has moved house several times. Example one time she was punched in the back when I was having a cup of tea with her and I thought she was winding me up and no there was a big red mark right In the middle of her back a few mins later.
It sounds to me as if someone has put a root on her (given that it moves around with her). I don't know what the priest would have seen upstairs, but rootwork is not something he'd be able to undo. It sounds malevolent - I can't imagine a miscarried soul wanting to hurt her like that.

She needs to go and research 'rootwork removal / reversal' practitioners in her area. Sure, they can be done via distance too - but she needs to get someone reputable. Etsy might have a few offering their services, but she should read all their reviews before engaging someone.

-------------------------------

We recently adopted a young dog who has a lot of behavioural issues (he was bought as a lockdown pup and when life returned to normal he was largely ignored ... he had virtually NO training).

We have lived in our home for 20+ years, and over the course of that time have had many cats and dogs come and pass (mostly older animals that we've adopted later in their lives, so they haven't been with us for long).

I'm a magnet for paranormal activity but my husband has also picked up on little things happening which he's thought have been very out-there. One, is that many of our cats have looked up to a certain point on our lounge wall, their gaze fixated for minutes. Some cats have hissed and carried on; others have just sat there staring, trance-like.

The other night, I was sitting with our dog on the couch (which backs on to the wall in question). He started play biting me, which is one of his bad habits, and I kept telling him to stop. He wouldn't listen, so I said sternly, "[Name] would you please STOP!!!" - at this, he suddenly caught sight of something at that same point on our lounge wall, whimpered, and carried on staring at it for what felt like a very long time. After a few minutes he jumped off the couch and went and sat on the other side of the room, occasionally gazing up at the wall. I have no idea what he saw, but it obviously told him off!

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
A few weeks ago I'd been having a bath and I'd left my bottles of shower gel and body buffer on the side of the bath. I was on the other side of the room getting dressed but facing the bath when suddenly the shower gel fell over out of nowhere with great force, strong enough to push the wet shower curtain aside, and ended up halfway up the bath!

There was no reason for the shower gel to topple, it was on a flat base, it was sitting on the wide edge of the bath so it wasn't balancing precariously (if it was the body buffer should have fallen too!) And it was just the sheer force at which it went flying!

I wasn't frightened, as I'm used to things moving about here. I just said "dude, I'm half naked here, can't I get just a little bit of privacy at times? Any other room is fine, but the bathroom is MY time!" 🤣

• Haha

I wonder if it's someone trying to say they're home safe.

Back in the day that's what we used to do. Give some one a call, three rings, to let them know you'd arrived home safe.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
So have recently moved back to England after a long time abroad. Moved into the flat that my husband bought before we met. The building is a grade 2 listed building which was an old stately home and has been converted into flats with a few houses added on to the grounds. I have some history of the building and some of the owners, but I can’t find when it was actually built. All I know so far is that it definitely goes back to at least the 11th century.
The first night we got back to England, I woke in the middle of the night and heard exactly 3 footsteps right outside our bedroom door, stopping at the door. The floor isn’t even so you can hear where the carpet dips when you step on it.
After this I spent a few weeks at home alone while my husband was away for work. I’m scared to sleep alone as I definitely have a feeling of some sort of presence there! So I tied some fairy lights to the bed head and fell asleep with them on the first night I was alone. Woke up around 3am and the lights had gone off, I assumed the battery may have gone even though they were brand new batteries. Woke up in the morning and remembered, so had a little check, and the lights were fully switched to the off position.
I’ve since been round the place with sage spray and the door wide open and have taken to saying hello house every time I come home 😂 if it’s a friendly ghost I don’t mind, I’d just rather not anything evil after my experiences of my childhood home!

• Wow
Reactions: 21
Left the baby’s cuddly toy with him in bed the other night. Came up to bed and the toy was closer to his head, the face of it looking up to the ceiling. He’s only 5 months, so no way he could do that, and he doesn’t move that much to make it move. For some reason, I took a photo of him before I went down and you can see how much the toy has moved 😱
I’ve started to hear a lot of noises too. A bird also flew into the window and died at the weekend, not sure if that’s got anything to do with my ghost! Think they’re sad because we are moving soon. Hope they don’t follow!!

• Wow
My boyfriend had been seeing a child ghost for a while in our house. We rent his brothers house from him but prior to his brother buying the house there was a family who lived there with a young girl who had cancer and sadly died, they sold the house not long after.
She died in the hospital but her last home was ours

At first my OH thought it was a young boy but after hearing who lived there previously he found a photo on Facebook of the girl who had lost her hair due to chemo (would explain why he assumed boy in the dark with the short hair) he said he could usually see her staring into our room if he woke up or if the door was shut he'd hear her outside the bedroom as well as downstairs he'd hear the footsteps
I've heard the footsteps downstairs but never seen her or heard her upstairs

The last 4 months it seems to have stopped, his 16 year old son has just moved in with us and is using the second big room (I think this was her brothers) we're also expecting a baby next month and have been clearing out the small 3rd room which is going to be a nursery - his brother pretty much left the house furnished for us as he moved in with his girlfriend so he didn't need any of it and the small room had his daughters (my OH's nieces) stuff in - who was around the same age as the girl who passed away. A typical girls room, pink and full of dolls and so on

It's stopped since we did all of this, so I wonder if she thought it was her room and was watching us looking for her parents? Now that room is empty
Maybe realized the boy in her brothers bedroom wasn't her brother

Who knows but it is very sad and scary

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
A few days ago there was just me and my two sons in the house. Husband had gone to work. It was pretty early in the morning and my sons were still asleep.

I heard someone walking around upstairs so assumed one of my sons had woken up so I called up ‘good morning’. No response. Called up a few more times along the lines of ‘hello? What are you doing’. No answer.

So I walked halfway up the stairs so I could see through the bannister which son it was and to ask why they were ignoring me. Called out both their names, then heard one of my sons voices saying ‘oh my god just wait’. We have a 3 story house with a loft conversion and it sounded like his voice came from the top floor so assumed he may be using the bathroom up there for some reason.

Heard nothing else so went into both their bedrooms and they were still lying in bed fast asleep!! Very strange! I definitely heard someone walking around and definitely heard my sons voice!

• Wow
Reactions: 8
A few days ago there was just me and my two sons in the house. Husband had gone to work. It was pretty early in the morning and my sons were still asleep.

I heard someone walking around upstairs so assumed one of my sons had woken up so I called up ‘good morning’. No response. Called up a few more times along the lines of ‘hello? What are you doing’. No answer.

So I walked halfway up the stairs so I could see through the bannister which son it was and to ask why they were ignoring me. Called out both their names, then heard one of my sons voices saying ‘oh my god just wait’. We have a 3 story house with a loft conversion and it sounded like his voice came from the top floor so assumed he may be using the bathroom up there for some reason.

Heard nothing else so went into both their bedrooms and they were still lying in bed fast asleep!! Very strange! I definitely heard someone walking around and definitely heard my sons voice!
This reminded me of a time when I was still living at home, one afternoon I was working at my computer when through the open window I heard my mums bike coming up the path, then heard it leant against the wall the key put in the lock the front door open and close then heard her coming up the stairs. I sat waiting for her to put her head round the door when I realised the time she wasn't due home for at least a couple of hours I was still home alone , but I heard everything as clear as day.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.