True ghost stories šŸ‘»

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Iā€™m already 70/30 that something exists on the other side but Visiting a medium that knew impossible stuff they would only know from the other side would fully fully convince me of something on the other side šŸ˜± but how do you find a real one?
I'd like to think that they're sent to you.

I've seen a medium and been to a spiritualist church a few times. Each time they've got some things right, but have generally left me with more questions where the rest of what they've said has either been far too vague or wrong.

Recently we visited a wellbeing fair and there was a couple of mediums there. One stayed well away and the other (almost uncomfortably) attached to me. He was very intense with looking me up and down. He said that he was looking at my energy and as strange as it sounds I felt him almost baring into my soul.
I decided not to give anything away and just chat casually. If he had a message then I wanted to know that it was from him and someone, rather than from me.
All he ended up doing was explaining how he worked and promoted his book!
He said himself that a good medium will have a connection with you, but I felt that as there and still he said nothing.
I don't mean this disrespectfully at all, because everyone needs to make a living, but surely if they have a message that strong (which I felt he had) then I wish they'd just say, rather than waiting until you pay them.. especially in a situation like that where they're there to talk to people generally and not have booked appointments.

I walked away feeling really odd, I have no other way to describe it. I felt empty, drained almost, and quite sad.

A friend of mine was pulled to one side while she was queuing somewhere once and given a message for her husband who had wandered off to talk to someone he knew. The message she was given she said was 100% accurate and I think that's maybe how you know they're genuine. The lady that stopped her was, I believe, sent to her

Reactions: 12
I reckon most mediums are just good at reading people and arenā€™t receiving messages from beyond. I had an acquaintance who could read peopleā€™s vibrations in their voices (thatā€™s how he explained it). I could say, for example ā€œI have a good friend Frank that Iā€™m worried aboutā€ and heā€™d be able accurately describe Frank, down to the colour of his hair, his personality, what issues heā€™d been dealing with etc. It was fascinating.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
I reckon most mediums are just good at reading people and arenā€™t receiving messages from beyond. I had an acquaintance who could read peopleā€™s vibrations in their voices (thatā€™s how he explained it). I could say, for example ā€œI have a good friend Frank that Iā€™m worried aboutā€ and heā€™d be able accurately describe Frank, down to the colour of his hair, his personality, what issues heā€™d been dealing with etc. It was fascinating.
I think that is more fascinating than actually being psychic/ a medium.

Reactions: 6
Iv had a few readings totally unrelated to each other one was down south other was a scouser didnā€™t mention anything but they both said the same thing would happen - involving 2 men into my life and both said the same time scales (April / may) thatā€™s obvs been and gone I had another one and they said it was delayed and happening soon! And on my holiday which was then delayed again from aug to next week šŸ˜‚ but does anyone just feel like mad stressed if the stuff doesnā€™t happen?? I feel like Iā€™m gonna be forever single lol

Anyway sorry to go off track with the ghost stories!! Loving the new additions!

Also not totally related but Iā€™d been soo stressed and back to night terrors bad anxiety and panic attacks and I went to collect the ashes of the cat I mentioned in my old stories and Iv not had one since! (He died in April I am tit and kept forgetting to collect them!)
Feel so much happier now heā€™s home xx

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I do believe that some people have the gift, but Derren Brown has proved multiple times how easy it is to read people and then make them believe you have a message for them.

It's so sad because you're in a vulnerable position when you're looking for a medium and some people are out to con you.

Thing is, if we pay attention, we generally get messages from loved ones direct from them. We just need to look for them and not dismiss them

Reactions: 11
I think that some ā€œmediumsā€ who are simply good at reading people actually believe they are psychic and arenā€™t deliberately trying to con others. Some are simply con artists.

There is a third, rare, group who have a sixth sense of some kind.

Lastly there are people like Derren or my acquaintance who have an ability to read people but donā€™t claim to be anything woo.

Reactions: 7
I went to a charity evening thing that involved a medium. He was absolutely shocking to point that my sister in law and I were trying to stifle laughs most of the time. She finally lost it when in desperation the guy said 'has anyone bought some shoes this week' . She snorted, laughed extremely loudly and had to run out. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I went to a charity evening thing that involved a medium. He was absolutely shocking to point that my sister in law and I were trying to stifle laughs most of the time. She finally lost it when in desperation the guy said 'has anyone bought some shoes this week' . She snorted, laughed extremely loudly and had to run out. :ROFLMAO:
I was at a similar charity event. The medium was shocking. My elderly friend was told her mother was in spirit, no tit Sherlock. She told a woman sheā€™d be pregnant next year. The reply was ā€œI hope not, Iā€™m 56!ā€.

There was someone in the audience she picked and was speaking of her mother in spirit and she said the name began with E. She then started reeling off loads of names beginning with E. The woman stopped her and said ā€œno, her name was Christineā€. The medium said ā€œyes Iā€™m right, it has an E in itā€ šŸ˜‚

I caught the eye of a person at another table who smirked and we both lost it.

At least the night made a lot of money for the local boysā€™ pipe band.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I was at a similar charity event. The medium was shocking. My elderly friend was told her mother was in spirit, no tit Sherlock. She told a woman sheā€™d be pregnant next year. The reply was ā€œI hope not, Iā€™m 56!ā€.

There was someone in the audience she picked and was speaking of her mother in spirit and she said the name began with E. She then started reeling off loads of names beginning with E. The woman stopped her and said ā€œno, her name was Christineā€. The medium said ā€œyes Iā€™m right, it has an E in itā€ šŸ˜‚

I caught the eye of a person at another table who smirked and we both lost it.

At least the night made a lot of money for the local boysā€™ pipe band.
Our evening consisted of the letter J ..'James' or 'John' or 'Jordan' etc etc :ROFLMAO:

I'm not rubbishing all mediums btw. Some people do have a gift but there are a lot of shysters out there.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
That letter thing is common. Surely if they were really talking to the spirit of a dead loved one in the room and the spirit is able to pass on a message, itā€™s also able to say its name?

Reactions: 6
I used to be a phlebotomist before I did my nurse training, I was taking an old ladys blood one day like, just generally chatting away when she told me to watch my car keys (I had managed to lock them in the boot of my car the previous weekend) she also told me work head and I would get my PIN ( I was soon to leave my job to do my nurse training and when you qualify your given a pin number), she also said to stick with my new relationship as he was a good one (I was in a fairly new relationship, 10 years later we're married) she knew none of these things about me and literally reeled them off as I was taking her blood, amazing šŸ’•

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
That letter thing is common. Surely if they were really talking to the spirit of a dead loved one in the room and the spirit is able to pass on a message, itā€™s also able to say its name?
Well actually it can be quite hard to hear them due to accents or their speech being poor. If I ask a client if the letter J for a name is relevant is because Iā€™ve seen very quick a J appear. Communicating takes a lot of energy from both parties and itā€™s easier for us both to be given the first letter. Stronger mediums and stronger spirits can give full names ive been given names before but normally Iā€™ve missed heard them so I could of heard Tommy when actually they had a Timmy xx

• Heart
Reactions: 3
We went abroad a few years back and had a two day excursion which meant staying in another hotel . The hotel room we stayed in for the excursion felt quite oppressive. I woke up in the night and felt pressure at the end of the bed as the mattress went down like someone was sitting on it. In the morning while I was getting ready I heard a male voice say my name as clear as anything. It was very frightening and i couldnā€™t wait to return back to our actual hotel.

• Wow
My nephew and my sister had died recent to this event. My husband and I were sleeping overnight in my family home, which we were in the process of readying for the market. It was a very emotional time for me, and there was a lot of friction in the family at the time ( I've since become estranged from my other, vile siblings). We were both woken up at the same time in the dead of night. There was a male presence in the room, and we were both terrified to hear what I would describe as laboured breathing, which became louder and louder, and became a wheeze - like someone having an asthma attack, right up against us. I shudder even now as I recall it. We clung on to each other, and this noise lasted a couple of minutes, then faded away. I believe it was either the spirit of my late Dad, who had lung disease or of my nephew. Although its hard to rationalise such experiences. This is not the only one I have had, by the way.

• Wow
Reactions: 19
I've had quite a few weird experiences - in our family we think that something weird has attached itself to us, as we've all had experiences but never all at the same time.
The scariest experience was a few years ago. My dad desperately wanted to go on a cruise but had nobody to go with, so I said I'd go with him. We had a balcony cabin with two singles - his was nearer to the window and mine was up against the connecting wall where the wardrobe is on the other side.
I never ever sleep with the lights off (past experiences haha) but my dad hates sleeping with the lights off, so we just left the balcony curtain open to let in a little bit of light from outside. It was still quite dark but not pitch black, you could see the outline of furniture and stuff like that.
I woke up out of nowhere in the middle of the night, almost like I was startled awake, lying on my stomach. Looked over at my dad to see he's still asleep, and noticed that there's the outline of a person standing behind his bed. I can't even explain how it felt to be so terrified in that moment. My first thought wasn't 'ghost', it was 'somebody's broken into our room and I don't know what to do', except it wasn't a person. The shape of the figure was, and I could even barely see the outline of clothing etc, but the eyes were like a shiny, reflective surface. Sort of like the back of a spoon if you shine light onto it. It just stood there and I knew it was looking directly at me. For some weird reason, I checked the time on my phone (it was right next to my head but I was just leaning up out of bed) - 3:07am. I suddenly got the weird feeling that something really awful was about to happen, and it was about to move, so quickly switched the ceiling light on fully expecting to see a random person in the room (the switches are at the heads of the beds in these cabins).
Nobody there. Honestly don't know how I slept for the rest of the holiday or when I got home. Didn't even tell my dad at the time since he's really scared of that kind of stuff.

• Wow
Reactions: 21
My Mum once saw a classic silver disk shaped UFO hovering over our street in the early 1990s.She was on her way home from work just walking down the street and there it was high up in the sky. Two teens on bikes also stopped and were staring and pointing up at it. It couldn't have been a plane etc because it wasn't the right shape or a helicopter as it was too far up. Also it hovered for ages then shot off like at a supersonic speed.
I know there's aircraft like the stealth bomber now that can do things like that, but not then there wasn't. Also there wasn't drones etc flying round all the time then.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
I'd say 99% of psychics are frauds however I can't explain my premonitions I get.
Seriously weird stuff and sometimes I just can see into someone's soul.
My premonitions:
The world literally stops for me and it's like I'm watching a TV screen with the events and then low and behold the event happen word for word, exactly as I've already seen it.
I think I have what you say a sixth sense.
The other day my dog was sitting on the sofa, absolutely nothing strange, he's not an unwell dog but I sensed something was very wrong and he was going to fall suddenly ill but he was fine. I even asked him if he was ok šŸ˜‚
10 mins later my dog jumped up came to sit by my legs and had a fit. šŸ˜„
I always thought it was dogs who warned people about fits.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Absolutely love this thread!

I've had tons of experiences, like for example when I was lying in bed ill and I thought my husband was tucking me in, I felt three distinct 'presses' against my back. I turned to thank him and there was no one there.

Or hearing a woman say 'hello?' VERY loudly as I sat alone in my bedroom. There were no appliances switched on so it wasn't the TV or radio, and my phone was off. Nobody outside either.

It doesn't scare me, I just find it intriguing.

• Wow
I have loads more, lol. Was in bed sleeping and I woke up as I felt someone lean on my foot, like putting all their weight on their hand, on my foot. Only lasted a few seconds then it was gone. I thought it was my husband as he often leans on the bed to access the plugs next to the bed. Then I realised he was asleep beside me. šŸ‘€

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.