True ghost stories 👻

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just read the whole tread from the start love all the spooky stories! Iv Never seen a ghost but did have something quite strange happen to me before, I believe in things like this but I also think it’s quite nice to let yourself believe too!

I was in my old house I hated that house anyway lived by myself as my bf had cheated and moved out,Every morning I fed the cat and hed leave the house without fail but this morning he stayed around my feet wouldn’t leave me alone at all which was strange & I’d been thinking of my little granny loads that morning she’d been dead a few years I’d say?
for some reason I’d been in a terrible habit of not wearing my seatbelt in the car for maybe 6 months (god Knows why so stupid!) but for some reason as I left the house that morning I had an urge to put it on. Was driving really fast as was super late for work anyway rolled my car over snapped a telegraph pole clean in half and luckily I had my seatbelt on - didn’t have a single scratch on me! Was abit shaken up after it but literally went to work did a shift and did a one day event the next day! I was in a Range Rover which helped but just had such a strange feeling that morning with the cat and the seatbelt! Dread to think what would of happened if I’d not been wearing it! Wear it every time I get in a car now!

also the ex and me were / are still quite close and he was flying at the time he crashed and he said he felt like he needed to contact me but couldn’t as was on the plane then landed to pics of my car all smashed up!
Was a very strange morning!

hope some people have some more stories to share xx

• Wow
Reactions: 18
Does anyone follow any of the ghost hunting groups on FB. Retford ghost hunters are really good

Reactions: 1
Just read the whole tread from the start love all the spooky stories! Iv Never seen a ghost but did have something quite strange happen to me before, I believe in things like this but I also think it’s quite nice to let yourself believe too!

I was in my old house I hated that house anyway lived by myself as my bf had cheated and moved out,Every morning I fed the cat and hed leave the house without fail but this morning he stayed around my feet wouldn’t leave me alone at all which was strange & I’d been thinking of my little granny loads that morning she’d been dead a few years I’d say?
for some reason I’d been in a terrible habit of not wearing my seatbelt in the car for maybe 6 months (god Knows why so stupid!) but for some reason as I left the house that morning I had an urge to put it on. Was driving really fast as was super late for work anyway rolled my car over snapped a telegraph pole clean in half and luckily I had my seatbelt on - didn’t have a single scratch on me! Was abit shaken up after it but literally went to work did a shift and did a one day event the next day! I was in a Range Rover which helped but just had such a strange feeling that morning with the cat and the seatbelt! Dread to think what would of happened if I’d not been wearing it! Wear it every time I get in a car now!

also the ex and me were / are still quite close and he was flying at the time he crashed and he said he felt like he needed to contact me but couldn’t as was on the plane then landed to pics of my car all smashed up!
Was a very strange morning!

hope some people have some more stories to share xx
My Mum was very superstitious when it came to cats and death and for that reason would never have one in the house. Always said 'cats leave the house when they someone is going to die'. She was a very superstitious person.

Anyway, I decide to look it up and found this.

She was Irish so probably stemmed from there.

Reactions: 6
Discussing this with my family today. My uncle told me that when my Grandpa moved out of his old house, he said it was haunted and that he repeatedly saw an old lady's ghost on the upstairs floor. Grandpa always said he didn't believe in ghosts, etc which makes me wonder ...

My uncle and aunt have visited a medium several times and reportedly had different ghosts from the family come through, often with details they should have had no way of knowing

Reactions: 4
Discussing this with my family today. My uncle told me that when my Grandpa moved out of his old house, he said it was haunted and that he repeatedly saw an old lady's ghost on the upstairs floor. Grandpa always said he didn't believe in ghosts, etc which makes me wonder ...

My uncle and aunt have visited a medium several times and reportedly had different ghosts from the family come through, often with details they should have had no way of knowing
I’m already 70/30 that something exists on the other side but Visiting a medium that knew impossible stuff they would only know from the other side would fully fully convince me of something on the other side 😱 but how do you find a real one?

Reactions: 5
My Mum was very superstitious when it came to cats and death and for that reason would never have one in the house. Always said 'cats leave the house when they someone is going to die'. She was a very superstitious person.

The link reminds me of when we found my gran when she unexpectedly passed. We randomly went to visit and the dog (pup at the time) wouldn't go up the stairs to her flat. Fully refused to move and I was raging that I needed to carry him up 3 flights 🤣

• Sad
Reactions: 7

My house is feeling dead lonely at the moment, I might get a witchy black cat 🐈⬛ hopefully he won’t invite any spirits in with him ha ha.

hope there are some more creepy stories soon I loved reading them! Xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 9
There's a pub in London which I've visited quite often. Its said to be where one of Jack the Rippers victims had her last drink before she became a victim to him. The pub has a lot of history I asked one of the bar staff whether he had any ghostly encounters and he told me once he was locking up by himself and he went down to the cellar for something when he turned around to walk back up the cellar stairs there were a pair of legs dangling at the top. He said he didn't have the nerve to walk up or look up but he just asked them to leave him in peace and they did! There's been other encounters too which he didn't tell me because he got distracted by serving customers but I may venture there for a weekend drink this weekend so if I get any other stories from that place I'll write them on here. I love this stuff!

• Wow
Reactions: 17
Just had a very eerie scary moment right now.

I'm sitting here at home reading Tattle Life and watching stuff, so overall minding my own business.
When I heard my name being called, it was in the voice of my neighbour little boy. He would sometimes call me as he like to come over and play on my Playstation. So heard my name being called and I was convinced it was this little boy, so much so I went to the front door and nobody was there.
I then texted the neighbour to ask if her little boy called me - only to be told that he was not at home right now.
I have previously written on here I do often hear my name being called in voices I know whenever I'm on my own.

• Wow
I’m already 70/30 that something exists on the other side but Visiting a medium that knew impossible stuff they would only know from the other side would fully fully convince me of something on the other side 😱 but how do you find a real one?
Hi you’ve found one 🦋🤣😂

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
I was very much 50/50 on this until I visited 2 amazing mediums who completely changed my view on it all and put my mind at rest after painfully losing my grandad 5 years ago.

The first one brought through my nanna.
She was a hard woman, never told her children or grandchildren that she loved us, she wasn't a very nice lady and that's me putting it in the nicest way possible. The medium told me things that there was no possible way that she would have known as I didnt know half of it until I asked my dad the day after.

The medium told me that my nanna was apologising for how she behaved when she was alive. That certain things had happened to her when she was a child that made her shut down any feelings towards others. She came through as she had an apology for my dad. He is the youngest of 3, when he was little he was shipped off to live on a farm as my nanna just didn't have the time to look after him. She wanted to apologise for not being the mum that he needed and wanted throughout his upbringing and that although she never told him, she loved him more than life itself.

At that time, my daughter was complaining about her school shoes having holes at the bottom. It was near the 6 weeks holidays and I kept telling her to wait as it was summer so she wasn't getting wet feet. At the end of the reading the medium told me that my nanna shouted "buy the bairn some new bloody shoes will you". Took my breath away a little.

As my grandad didn't come through in the first reading, I decided to visit another lady. At this point I was desperate for anything from him and was really struggling to come to terms with the loss.

At this reading, the medium described my grandad to the tee, right down to his smell. She repeatedly called me Sugarplum which was the name that my grandad called me and sang a song which my grandad and I would sing when I was younger. She was amazing! She told me that my grandad is always with me and could often by found at my bedroom bay window. Since that reading, I often wake in the night and can smell him. I've never seen anything which is fine with me as I know I would never sleep again 😂 but just knowing that he is around me is all I needed to know.

I guess I got lucky, but both ladies were recommended to me. I hope you find someone soon as the second reading still makes me smile just thinking about it.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 29

I'm Irish and I remember being told these superstitions, when I was a child:
If you heard three loud knocks on wood, it was an omen of death.
If a bird flew in the house, it was very bad luck and someone in the house would die.
The Banshee would wail outside the window, as an omen of death.
Both my parents were from the countryside and there many tales of seeing Will o' the Wisps late at night.
My Dad told me how, when people were playing cards, if a strange man joined them, they would check his feet, that they weren't cloven hooves, as the Devil was known for trying to join in! 😈😮😅

Reactions: 15
I was standing on one of those folding steps.I have had it 13 years since my kitchen was installed. I use to reach high places in particular the cupboard above built in double oven. It collapsed in on itself but I didn’t fall or hurt myself. I have bruised arms, either side, inner bingo wing, like finger prints, as if I was held up or caught, which is what it felt like.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
I'm Irish and I remember being told these superstitions, when I was a child:
If you heard three loud knocks on wood, it was an omen of death.
If a bird flew in the house, it was very bad luck and someone in the house would die.
The Banshee would wail outside the window, as an omen of death.
Both my parents were from the countryside and there many tales of seeing Will o' the Wisps late at night.
My Dad told me how, when people were playing cards, if a strange man joined them, they would check his feet, that they weren't cloven hooves, as the Devil was known for trying to join in! 😈😮😅
My SIL is Irish and she and my brother live over there. Her Mum is lovely (wish she was MY MIL) and she's often told me some of the old Irish legends.

Apparently the one about the devil is that one night during a storm a stranger arrived in Loftus Hall in Co Wexford and was welcomed in. He and the daughter of the house took a shine to each other. One night when they were all playing cards, the daughter dropped a card and as she bent down to retrieve it from under the table, she saw that the stranger had a clover hoof.
She screamed and blessed herself and the stranger is supposed to have shot upwards through the roof.

I've never been there, but apparently there's still a crack in the ceiling to this day.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
I was very much 50/50 on this until I visited 2 amazing mediums who completely changed my view on it all and put my mind at rest after painfully losing my grandad 5 years ago.

The first one brought through my nanna.
She was a hard woman, never told her children or grandchildren that she loved us, she wasn't a very nice lady and that's me putting it in the nicest way possible. The medium told me things that there was no possible way that she would have known as I didnt know half of it until I asked my dad the day after.

The medium told me that my nanna was apologising for how she behaved when she was alive. That certain things had happened to her when she was a child that made her shut down any feelings towards others. She came through as she had an apology for my dad. He is the youngest of 3, when he was little he was shipped off to live on a farm as my nanna just didn't have the time to look after him. She wanted to apologise for not being the mum that he needed and wanted throughout his upbringing and that although she never told him, she loved him more than life itself.

At that time, my daughter was complaining about her school shoes having holes at the bottom. It was near the 6 weeks holidays and I kept telling her to wait as it was summer so she wasn't getting wet feet. At the end of the reading the medium told me that my nanna shouted "buy the bairn some new bloody shoes will you". Took my breath away a little.

As my grandad didn't come through in the first reading, I decided to visit another lady. At this point I was desperate for anything from him and was really struggling to come to terms with the loss.

At this reading, the medium described my grandad to the tee, right down to his smell. She repeatedly called me Sugarplum which was the name that my grandad called me and sang a song which my grandad and I would sing when I was younger. She was amazing! She told me that my grandad is always with me and could often by found at my bedroom bay window. Since that reading, I often wake in the night and can smell him. I've never seen anything which is fine with me as I know I would never sleep again 😂 but just knowing that he is around me is all I needed to know.

I guess I got lucky, but both ladies were recommended to me. I hope you find someone soon as the second reading still makes me smile just thinking about it.
I love this ❤

I have a similar story, I'll be vague for privacy reasons. A family member recently died. They were quite selfish, misogynistic and unpleasant in life. They treated their children poor and it messed their children up in life due to their upbringing. Said family member recently came through in a reading apologising for not being a great parent and that they loved them. I truly believe that when you die, you go through a life review "up there" and see your lessons, mistakes and actions good and bad and how they affected people and learn.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I lost both my parents last year, mother had been poorly for a few years then towards the end she told me she'd had enough and wanted to be free of it all finally, but my father was taken very suddenly in a rather fitting way truth be told. I'd not seen nor spoken to him in almost a decade after what he did, however, its a long convoluted tale but the gist of it is that myself and my siblings were raised by our paternal grandparents because our parents were very young and had no interest whatsoever in the kids they created, they just continued with Their Lives without us ruining it, thus we grew up loved and cared for until that is both grandparents died within days of each other and suddenly - WHAM! -they had Three kids to look after and had'nt a bloody clue! My childhood ended that day at 12 years old on perhaps the worst day of my life when Grandad matter-of-factly told me he was going back to be with Grandma because he could not be without her any longer, when he too died suddenly that afternoon.

Fifty years onwards my heart still grieves for them both so when my own ghostie bloke pops up occasionally I am comforted to know that he is still with me and did indeed find grandma waiting for him on the other side , but I know damned well their son will be in The Other Place because he never deserved them nor their love and he certainly did not deserve anything from me after the way he treated me and my children, much less how he behaved towards my Mother!! Unforgivable :( I have not shed one single tear for him and I never will so actually I hope he is someplace being torn to shreds by what he did, filled with guilt and remorse just hoping for forgiveness, yet tortured by the knowledge I am not going to give him the peace he needs to move along. He can stay where he is then contemplate it all for eternity, however if he does get sent back for another Go I hope he takes heed of lessons learned to not inflict more of his crap onto anybody else (some hopes!) :)

• Heart
  • Sad
so regards to my earlier post- my sleep paralysis has stopped, sometimes I do wake up as if I’m in a parallel universe but it quickly stops and there’s no man outside my door anymore so I’m convinced it was the thc liquid that did it🤣

another story- when me and my bf first got together they had rescued a cat, Enchilada, small skinny thing been treated so bad and just turned up on his doorstep one day poor thing. They had it for around 2 months before I met him. She was so timid and also a wee sweetheart you could tell she just had crappy owners😢 My bfs house is around 21 years old and it was a new build at the time so no previous owners, however, the floorboards in every room were squeaky and my bf always said it was his dad walking around (his dad died when he was 1). When I would stay sometimes I would wake in the night to the floorboards in his room randomly squeaking over where he was sleeping and this still happens but I’m more used to it now. I came to his house from work one day and he said that Enchilada had gone missing, she was a house cat so was never out even if we opened the door for the other cat she still wouldn’t go out so we knew it was serious. We ended up having to give up search and just hope she would find her way back or someone would put a post up that they had found her. That night I jolted awake with the floorboards creaking but it seemed so loud and went on for a while, I shook my bf to wake him but he wouldn’t wake up so I tried to just get back to sleep. I ended up in this dream where I seen my bf’s dad and he was looking at me saying “she’s here now please let them know” and he kept saying it over and over. The next day I told my bf about it and he thought it was strange but we both just brushed it off. My bf text me later on that day and said they had found Enchilada under his bed and she had passed, right beside the floorboard that creaks. I thought the dream I had must’ve been his dad telling me she had passed and was with him🥺

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.