True ghost stories šŸ‘»

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My husband used to work for a big high street bank, his job required him to visit various sub-branches during the course of his day/week. One of the sub-branches was in an old building dating back to Victorian times. For security reasons the staff would go to the main city centre branch first thing then be taken by taxi with at least one other colleague to the sub branch to open up. As my husband floated between branches he would make his own way there and time it to arrive after the others.
One morning he was slightly earlier than usual. He parked at the rear of the building and looking up could see through the frosted glass of a first floor window, someone moving around in the kitchen area and assumed they were making a drink as was the habit before starting work for the day. He knocked but no one came to let him in. Knocked again but still no reply. He could still see the person moving around in front of the upstairs window. A couple of minutes went by with him wondering what was happening when the taxi turned up with the two staff members in. They did a sweep of the building in case there had been a break in but it was empty. Husband then learned that many years earlier the manager at that branch had committed suicide. Creepy.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 32
I heard a really weird little story the other day.
this happened to a friend who is extremely logical and unspooky. A few years ago he lost his mum and since then he hasnā€™t had much to do with that side of the family. Last week he went to a family funeral and saw a lot of them for the first time since his mumā€™s funeral.
He was speaking to his mumā€™s favourite uncle when without warning the vision went entirely in his left eye. Misted over and then went entirely. He carried on the conversation for a couple of minutes, I think because he didnā€™t know what else to do, then turned away and as soon as he wasnā€™t facing the uncle his vision came straight back. Nothing like that has ever happened to him before and he has 20/20 vision. Not sure what to make of this one at all, I know itā€™s not a ghost as such but it is creepy!
Also thought I might wake this thread up in time for Halloweenā€¦ā€¦

• Wow
Reactions: 17
The cemetery my great grandparents are buried in is huge, its beautiful to walk around but you come to quite a covered up corner by trees and in that corner the stones date back to anything from 1800-1930's/40's they are pretty much sinking into the ground now and not looked after because there is obviously no one around to look after them anymore (family,friends,etc). Anyway, whenever I visit with my mum we always walk around and passing through that area is absolutely FREEZING and I mean this particular corner feeling about -1 even on a summers day. There's a huge tree and I always get overwhelming feelings of relief or happiness when I walk past it. So weird and so hard to explain but I feel like I should be there and its such a homely feeling. I get that feeling going to that grave yard anyways, but by that tree is where it gets stronger.

My uncle passed away in July, before his funeral me and my mum went to visit the cemetery and went to my great grandads grave, my mum just wanted to have a word and tell him to look after my uncle now. (We are both believers in the afterlife and spiritual world) she tapped his stone and we left, when we went back to the car there was a cookie sat on top of our car roof, perfectly placed perched up against the cars aerial. I got in without noticing, my mum noticed it and she told me to get out to have a look. where we were parked there were also a row of cars in front of us and no other car had a cookie perfectly placed on top, we looked around for more cookies on the ground but nothing. We were also parked along side a main road so it wasn't even as if someone could just come over and put it on top. I held the cookie and it was cold and wet, I dropped it to the ground and it just disintegrated on the floor, so even if a bird dropped it from the sky it would have hit the car and broke into pieces. It was the weirdest thing to have ever happened and can't explain how it got there. It was like my great grandad and uncle put it there to give us a sign that they were both ok and listening to us. We were walking around the cemetery talking about them and our current family situation which hasn't been good and my uncle was so angry at my dad for so many reasons, we take it as a sign anyway. It was very creepy.

Last edited:
  • Heart
this happened to a friend who is extremely logical and unspooky. A few years ago he lost his mum and since then he hasnā€™t had much to do with that side of the family. Last week he went to a family funeral and saw a lot of them for the first time since his mumā€™s funeral.
He was speaking to his mumā€™s favourite uncle when without warning the vision went entirely in his left eye. Misted over and then went entirely. He carried on the conversation for a couple of minutes, I think because he didnā€™t know what else to do, then turned away and as soon as he wasnā€™t facing the uncle his vision came straight back. Nothing like that has ever happened to him before and he has 20/20 vision. Not sure what to make of this one at all, I know itā€™s not a ghost as such but it is creepy!
To be honest it sounds like he had a TIA ( Transient Ischemic Attack) ... he should probably tell his Dr.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Could be an occular migraine, I'd get that checked out with the optician and Dr.x

Reactions: 3
Anyone seen a beloved pet after their death? My cat died mid October and Iā€™m heartbroken, Iā€™d love to catch a glimpse of him

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Anyone seen a beloved pet after their death? My cat died mid October and Iā€™m heartbroken, Iā€™d love to catch a glimpse of him
So sorry for your loss, Iā€™ve been there too and it hurts. Iā€™ve already posted about this earlier in the thread, my two elderly cats died with weeks of each other in October 2019. In the winter months shortly after we were visited by a pair of robins, one fat and one small - just like my two girls. The fat one (who loved my husband most) even sat on the handle of his lawnmower! So Iā€™d like to think that was them ā¤ I hope you get something from your boy xx

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Come on itā€™s Halloween we need loads of storyā€™s today people lol

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Not seen but heard. I had a twenty year old cat who went blind but was otherwise in good health. He quickly learnt to find his way around the house by walking against the walls rather than through the middle of the rooms. The kitchen door is always propped open with a metal door stop and as he brushed against the door it would gently bump. Every morning while I was making breakfast he would come into the kitchen to say hello and have his breakfast and the door bumping would alert me to his arrival. After he died, for several weeks I would hear the door bump as I was making breakfast. There was no draft to cause it, no open windows anywhere, I was sure it was him still being with me. I found it very comforting as he was a lovely old chap and I missed him terribly. Gradually it happened less and less and eventually stopped, I think he knew it was ok for him to leave me.

• Heart
Come on itā€™s Halloween we need loads of storyā€™s today people lol
Have you been on the digital spy thread? Its linked in the first couple of pages of this thread. Its brilliantly scary

Reactions: 3
Iā€™ve posted this before but since it is Halloween Iā€™ll repeat it.

I woke up during the night with one of my two cats lying on my feet. I knew which one it was by her weight as I had one tiny cat and one big bruiser who weighed a stone.

Anyway I moved my feet and she jumped off the bed and plodded out the room.

Both my cats had died a few years earlier.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Hello all! Iā€™m loving this thread! And how apt Iā€™ve found it on Halloween šŸ‘» Soooo, I am a big believer in the afterlife, paranormal etc and love anything spooky. Iā€™ll share my stories for you all..
Firstly, when I was about 3 or 4 I had a light that I loved and I remember it vividly - it was pink, and it had a soft bear in a basket so it looked almost like a hot air balloon. Well, one night I remember being awake and seeing the bear float down from the ceiling.. I didnā€™t have the light on so I canā€™t be sure, but it sorta floated in the air for a bit. I must have fell asleep and then the next day the bear was back in the basket. Couldā€™ve just been my imagination, but still.
I went to Portsmouth (U.K.) for uni, and if anyone knows it, Old Portsmouth is steeped in history and to me it feels really unsettling being in that area, idk why. One day, it was an ordinary day but very quiet and hardly anyone around. I was with my housemate, and we both had experiences that day. Itā€™s a area with coves/steps and was used during the war. We were messing about, running through it and I turned round and saw a shadow move down the steps. I found my friend, and she said she had seen the figure of a solider, crouching down as if to aim a weapon. We quickly headed home after that! Talking of - the house we lived in together there, with two other housemates was in a row of terraced houses, of which we were on the end. We met the neighbours next to us who were in their 80ā€™s and said that it had been rebuilt in WW2. So, strange things started to occur, mostly running footsteps up and down the stairs- at first we reckoned it was the neighbours,but being 80 odd they wouldnā€™t be up and down the stairs all the time like that. A few times it sounded like a ball being bounced down the stairs too. One day, me and one other housemate were at home and she had the bedroom immediately to your left as you got to the top of the stairs, and I had the bedroom at the far end of the corridor on the right. Neither of us had music on or any appliances on. Clear as day, we both heard footsteps bounding up the stairs. After a beat, she asked if it was me. I said no. We all had separate experiences In that house, as my housemate claimed to see a dark figure as she came out of the bathroom, and one day she had been out and bought some new earrings, to which she was saving to wear that night so she put them to one side on the ledge over the fireplace. She cleaned for the rest of the day and then she couldnā€™t find her earrings anywhere. She stripped back her bed, and there the earrings were, right in the middle. We came to think the footsteps were that of a child, playing, so maybe they were playing tricks on us?! I remember seeing a figure too, on occasions but I canā€™t remember if it was solid, or misty. And I donā€™t remember the occasions? But two housemates both said I had mentioned this to them previously. There was a lot of unexplained clicks and bangs from upstairs when weā€™d be watching tv downstairs etc. We never felt threatened though, but it was definitely odd. Especially to have had experiences there together and separate. Since then, I moved back home and havenā€™t felt anything spiritual since, despite having had family members pass. I am still open to it though. Please keep the scary stories coming guys!! Happy Halloween šŸŽƒ

Spent all morning reading these btw! Iā€™m hooked.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
I might have just found my favourite thread!!

I have a few little stories that I have encountered myself but my mum and gran both see and feel ghosts around!

For the past 3 years at christmas strange things have happened to my mum. My mum keeps her decorations in the loft and the first time she went up she brought everything down but the star for the tree was missing, she hunted high and low and never found it so bought a new one, the following christmas again brought everything down and in the box was something she had never seen before, was like a bell on brightly coloured string and last year she went up again to get the decortations but they were not up in the loft! She emptied it and searched but no they werent there, so she came back down and a few days later wanted another look, and right in the middle of the loft in full view was her decorations!! I wonder what will happen this year!!
I seen someone walk into the bathroom from the bottom of the stairs to which I shouted on my brother as i thought he was upstairs but turns out no one was upstairs!
did anything happen that Christmas im intrigued to know ?

Reactions: 1
I did for a while after our 17 year old cat died but I donā€™t think I really did. I just thought I saw him where I normally would, once I almost tripped over him but he obviously wasnā€™t there. My brain was just used to it and took time to adjust to not really seeing him.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Not a scary story more a comforting one , in the summer last year shortly after freedom day, I went to visit my elderly parents, My dad is disabled and always feels sensations that able bodied people dont feel,he lost his mum when she was 96 and there was always just her and him , hes 88 now and quite often talks about strange things happening which hes convinced is his mum checking up on him, well in the summer we where sitting around the back but the side of the house and we where having a conversation about how my nan and (grandad on mums side) would have hated being stuck in, my dad went in to get a glass of water and we heard him talking, i got up and as I rounded the corner to see if he was ok, I saw him talking to a little robin , skinny little bird it was and dad was saying hello my friend are you checking up on me, the bird sort of tilted its head as though it understood what he said, I just stood watching beckoning my mum silently to watch, any way dad said I was just going to get some water would you like some and the bird stayed put, he put the water down and the robin had a little drink and then looked at my dad again and flew away , I said to him it was like the robin had been human and seeing robins meant a loved one was near, then I said its unusual to see one in summer, my dad looked at me and said I think that was your nan checking up on me , dad hasnt seen the robin since but I went to the crem where my nan was cremated , I was alone and as im looking down and clearing the area up , a little Robin flew down from nowhere and just sat on the plaque just watching me not a bit perturbed by me being there, I oddly felt quite comforted by it .

I'm gonna tell a story here, I've never told anyone in 'real life' but I feel like I want to tell it. It's not as spooky as some of the others, but still something otherworldly. A few years ago I had a stroke, and when I was about to go into a coma, I had these visions of beautiful fields, trees and horses. It was the most beautiful and calm place I've ever 'been' to. I felt so calm, so happy, so at peace in this place. Now, a week later I was conscious again, and then carried on recovering from the stroke. However I feel desperately sad that I can't go to that place and as time goes on I can't remember it as well, quite often I get a feeling that I want to go back there. So, my first and most logical theory is that it was just hallucinations from all the meds I'd been given as the hospital was trying to save my life. Second theory is that I had reached 'the other side' and that's why I was so calm... and this is why I'm now not scared of dying. But the third thing is... the day this happened was the first anniversary of my grandad's funeral. When I was little, my grandad had horses, which he kept at a stables near a forest, and their paddocks were in fields among the forests. Was it my grandad inviting me to see him and the horses? I don't know, but if it was, it was beautiful and I'd happily go there. Obviously I'm still alive and now sitting at a desk trying to do some work, but I felt like I had to share that since I've found somewhere to share it. The world is so much more than we think it is.
Firstly im so glad you pulled through the stroke and happy to hear you re still here to tell the tale, my sister is a twin which has no significance to what im about to tell you but she does feel things that happen to her twin so thats odd, my sister went in to have a routine operation on her feet, whilst she was on the operating table she felt like something was pushing down on her windpipe and she passed out , whilst she was under she said she suddenly woke to a beautiful tree lined meadow with a path running down the middle , she said its was a lovely warm summers day and in the distance one side she saw my Auntie who had died a few years before , then she heard the voices of her then 4 year old little girl and her husband shouting for her to stay with them, she said she felt like something pushed her back down towards her family and then the op was over, whilst she was in recovery and she came round a doctor , a consultant and a nurse all looked over her and said thank goodness youve come back we thought we had lost you , she suddenly realised she was in the ICU and asked how long she had been there , they said she was put there the day before and needed some help, she described to us when she was able to about this vision and said it was real I know it was, her daughter hadnt visited her because she was too little seeing her mum in hospital so when she mentioned about seeing her little girl we kind of thought she was just missing her , but she described the exact outfit her little one had worn that day and id plaited her hair that day as she always had her hair in two bunches so I thought it would be a change , well my sister said her daughter had plaits in her hair too , gulp

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Many years ago, our beautiful family cat passed away suddenly.

A couple of days later, I woke up in the middle of the night to use the loo. On the way, I saw our beloved cat stood looking at me right between my bedroom door and the toilet door. I was still half asleep and her death just didnā€™t register with me in my sleepy state, so I just whispered ā€˜hi, babyā€™ and went to the toilet and back to bed.

When I woke up the next morning, I remembered what Iā€™d seen but didnā€™t tell anyone. A few days after this, out of nowhere my brother confessed he had felt our cat jump on him a few days prior in the middle of the night - his quilt had sunken in on top of him and when he looked up, she was lay on him staring at his face as she always would. We realised it was the exact same night that I had saw her stood outside my door and roughly the same time.

We are fully convinced she came back to us one last time and Iā€™m so glad she did ā¤

• Heart
Reactions: 27
We have what Iā€™ve not thought of as a ā€œghostā€ at home (140 yr old house) more the houseā€™s memory. Thinking someone has walked into the kitchen out of the corner of your eye (through the old back door) or the sound of plates etc being moved in the kitchen. It doesnā€™t bother us. However Iā€™ve had flooring put down these last 2 days & the blokes doing it weā€™re terrified. They saw someone walk through the door, a box shelf fell off the wall on to one of them, a book fell of the top shelf & slammed on the floor when they were on the other side of the room. I told them the ghost mustnā€™t like them šŸ˜‚
Comforting to know who/whatever we see & hear likes us though. Just not tradespeople šŸ™ˆ

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.