True ghost stories šŸ‘»

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My old bloke has been busy again recently; Since the weather has been so awful I decided to rake out some warmer stuff packed away in the loft and put away things that were certainly not going to be worn until next year, so I dragged out the bags to begin sorting through them then gathering the things to pack away in their place.

Now back in spring I searched high and low for a particular long sleeved teeshirt that I love to put it away safely yet it did not appear even though I'd worn it not long before so it ought to have been on the shelf in my wardrobe. This drives me nuts, knowing something WAS there and suddenly its gone, but eventually I gave up, laughed about Charlie pinching it because he thinks its amusing then left it at that - UNTIL I am going through the cupboard and there it is, bold as brass on the shelf with other summer tshirts! There is absolutely NO WAY I would have missed it there over the summer months, no way at all and yet as swiftly as it disappeared back it comes! Clearly someone is reminding me that they're still here with me, that someone I like to think is my lovely old Grandad :)

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I'm gonna tell a story here, I've never told anyone in 'real life' but I feel like I want to tell it. It's not as spooky as some of the others, but still something otherworldly. A few years ago I had a stroke, and when I was about to go into a coma, I had these visions of beautiful fields, trees and horses. It was the most beautiful and calm place I've ever 'been' to. I felt so calm, so happy, so at peace in this place. Now, a week later I was conscious again, and then carried on recovering from the stroke. However I feel desperately sad that I can't go to that place and as time goes on I can't remember it as well, quite often I get a feeling that I want to go back there. So, my first and most logical theory is that it was just hallucinations from all the meds I'd been given as the hospital was trying to save my life. Second theory is that I had reached 'the other side' and that's why I was so calm... and this is why I'm now not scared of dying. But the third thing is... the day this happened was the first anniversary of my grandad's funeral. When I was little, my grandad had horses, which he kept at a stables near a forest, and their paddocks were in fields among the forests. Was it my grandad inviting me to see him and the horses? I don't know, but if it was, it was beautiful and I'd happily go there. Obviously I'm still alive and now sitting at a desk trying to do some work, but I felt like I had to share that since I've found somewhere to share it. The world is so much more than we think it is.

• Heart
Reactions: 62
When I was about 8 or 9, the house I grew up in had the bathroom opposite my bedroom. I remember I had gone in there for some reason and I looked in to the mirror to see two bloody women standing in my room. I screamed and my mum came running to check on me but there was nothing there. It could had been my imagination but I've never hallucinated before, really freaked me out and I avoided looking into that mirror for years.

I also had something go 'ha' in my ear whilst trying to sleep one night, that was in the same room.

My mum's family grew up with paranormal things going in their house so they reckoned I was sensitive to things.

• Wow
Reactions: 15
For the first time in many years I had a dream about my Grandad as we approach the 50th anniversary of his passing. "Don't you worry" he reassured "We are absolutely disgusted with your father's behaviour over the years and he won't get away with it!" then he laughed and was gone. This was their precious only child he was referring to, the one they waited over 15 years for who did nothing but let them down and shame them with the way he treated my mother as well as us kids. Clearly somewhere back along the Family Tree there was a total asshole whose malevolent spirit alighted on my "father" because I don't understand how two such lovely people EVER got the son they did, I really don't get it :(

Maybe this is just my brain doing overtime during sleeping hours because I also saw my Mother shortly after she died when she referred to my father and said "Don't worry about him disturbing my Peace - THEY wouldn't let him in!" Good for Them I say - that man does does not deserve the sanctity of peace after the hell he caused throughout my life or my siblings who strangely seem keen to overlook the fact he was a useless oaf who cared about nobody except himself. I have no fear when Death comes for me either simply because I know who will be waiting for me beside the gate - and it won't be my "father" either :)

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I'm gonna tell a story here, I've never told anyone in 'real life' but I feel like I want to tell it. It's not as spooky as some of the others, but still something otherworldly. A few years ago I had a stroke, and when I was about to go into a coma, I had these visions of beautiful fields, trees and horses. It was the most beautiful and calm place I've ever 'been' to. I felt so calm, so happy, so at peace in this place. Now, a week later I was conscious again, and then carried on recovering from the stroke. However I feel desperately sad that I can't go to that place and as time goes on I can't remember it as well, quite often I get a feeling that I want to go back there. So, my first and most logical theory is that it was just hallucinations from all the meds I'd been given as the hospital was trying to save my life. Second theory is that I had reached 'the other side' and that's why I was so calm... and this is why I'm now not scared of dying. But the third thing is... the day this happened was the first anniversary of my grandad's funeral. When I was little, my grandad had horses, which he kept at a stables near a forest, and their paddocks were in fields among the forests. Was it my grandad inviting me to see him and the horses? I don't know, but if it was, it was beautiful and I'd happily go there. Obviously I'm still alive and now sitting at a desk trying to do some work, but I felt like I had to share that since I've found somewhere to share it. The world is so much more than we think it is.
this is beautiful - Iā€™m a sceptic when it comes to psychics/mediums etc (cos of the money thing) but I really believe that the souls we know on the other side look out for us in our time of need, and it seems your grandad knew exactly what would comfort you xx

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I had been smelling my Nan around all weekend, to realise itā€™s her anniversary this week šŸ’—

• Heart
Reactions: 12
years ago my dad said he had a dream about his auntie who passed away, he was in a huge meadow, loads of flowers surrounding, she walked up to him wearing a beautiful gold dress, he said he felt so calm and she looked really happy and told him that she was no longer suffering.. (she passed away from stomach cancer really young) but ever since he told me that and I've heard other peoples experiences with seeing open fields etc I really believe it.

My grandad passed away about 13 years ago, I was really close to him growing up and when he died I was heartbroken. He's come to me in my dreams a few times with different messages (what I believe anyway). I've only ever seen him twice in my dreams but the other times I've dreamt about him he's been there but I haven't physically seen him, if that makes any sense. I remember about 6 years ago I was ghosted by someone who I thought I was in a relationship with and I was really sad and I dreamt about an empty sofa and a laptop and when I approached the laptop his voice spoke from it saying 'don't you worry, I am watching it all, I can see everyone who is making you sad and angry' and then I woke up.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I donā€™t know if it classes as a ā€œghostā€ story but I canā€™t explain it. Iā€™ve been trying to work out an explanation but I just canā€™t.
2 weeks ago we had to get my dog put to sleep. Iā€™m struggling with her loss. Iā€™ve not ā€œseenā€ her or ā€œheardā€ her like other stories Iā€™ve read on here over time about pets coming back. Iā€™ve been looking for signs and nothing.
She used to love sleeping on the sofa, she always used to lay on the tv remote and end up turning it on. So we used to make sure we moved it out the way. Obviously after losing her we havenā€™t been moving it. It was on a pillow, in her favourite spot last night. At 1:20am I was woken by the sound of the tv blasting and light shining up the stairs Obviously from the tv being on. I did assume it was my son in his bedroom but nope. Fast asleep. Everyone was fast asleep and the house in total darkness. Thereā€™s no timers on the tv, it would have only turned on if the button was pressed. Itā€™s a fairly new tv and remote so nothing loose etc. I just simply cannot explain it, itā€™s never happened unless she lay on it. We have no other pets or anything that couldā€™ve touched it.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Every year since my Dad passed in 2012 members of my family have heard him calling their names, well on Thursday evening it was my turn, I was in the front room minding my own business and my husband was upstairs tidying up and I heard him calling me, I answered with ā€œyeah?ā€ and no reply, itā€™s a couple of weeks away from the day he passed, but I felt reassured that he still remembered me. Nobody else can hear him calling you, I wonder who heā€™ll pick next year.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I donā€™t know if it classes as a ā€œghostā€ story but I canā€™t explain it. Iā€™ve been trying to work out an explanation but I just canā€™t.
2 weeks ago we had to get my dog put to sleep. Iā€™m struggling with her loss. Iā€™ve not ā€œseenā€ her or ā€œheardā€ her like other stories Iā€™ve read on here over time about pets coming back. Iā€™ve been looking for signs and nothing.
She used to love sleeping on the sofa, she always used to lay on the tv remote and end up turning it on. So we used to make sure we moved it out the way. Obviously after losing her we havenā€™t been moving it. It was on a pillow, in her favourite spot last night. At 1:20am I was woken by the sound of the tv blasting and light shining up the stairs Obviously from the tv being on. I did assume it was my son in his bedroom but nope. Fast asleep. Everyone was fast asleep and the house in total darkness. Thereā€™s no timers on the tv, it would have only turned on if the button was pressed. Itā€™s a fairly new tv and remote so nothing loose etc. I just simply cannot explain it, itā€™s never happened unless she lay on it. We have no other pets or anything that couldā€™ve touched it.
This has been happening to me the past month too
Tv has turned on during the night downstairs
First time it scared me so much
Then it kept happening
Now itā€™s happening to our bedroom tv too
Middle of the night and just switchā€™s on
Like you no timers etc
I have been speaking to people and they have said it could be someone trying to connect and tell me they are ok
Itā€™s my nans first anniversary next month that she died
So I like to think itā€™s her trying to get my attention and would love to think itā€™s your doggy telling you he is ok and still with you ā¤ā¤ā¤ā¤

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I do believe that some people have the gift, but Derren Brown has proved multiple times how easy it is to read people and then make them believe you have a message for them.

It's so sad because you're in a vulnerable position when you're looking for a medium and some people are out to con you.

Thing is, if we pay attention, we generally get messages from loved ones direct from them. We just need to look for them and not dismiss them
Has anyone seen Derren Brown Seance? Itā€™s years old now but I think the full episode is still on YouTube. A really fascinating watch. I remember watching it at the time it was broadcast on TV, I was absolutely terrified, the part with the ouiji board nearly ended me šŸ˜‚

Reactions: 2
Has anyone seen Derren Brown Seance? Itā€™s years old now but I think the full episode is still on YouTube. A really fascinating watch. I remember watching it at the time it was broadcast on TV, I was absolutely terrified, the part with the ouiji board nearly ended me šŸ˜‚
This scared the tit out of me šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚when all was revealed I still couldnā€™t sleep haha.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Not gonna lie, I would like if ghosts were real. At least we'd know there was an afterlife and this wasn't it for us.

Reactions: 6
Not gonna lie, I would like if ghosts were real. At least we'd know there was an afterlife and this wasn't it for us.
This. But also the thought of ghosts actually terrifies me so Iā€™m like I donā€™t want to know.
My friends recently moved house and thinks she has a ā€œvisitorā€ so I darent go round to find out šŸ¤£

Reactions: 4
The other night I felt some kind of presence in my bedroom, neither bad nor good but definitely didnā€™t feel alone šŸ˜°

• Wow
If people enjoy these stories and experiences, you should listen to Howard Hughes on TalkRadio. He's on right now actually. He is always delving into paranormal activity, aliens, ghosts etc. Quite interesting.

Who is to say they don't exist?

Just because someone hasn't seen something, or experienced something strange themselves, does not mean such things don't exist.

I suspect there will be a point in time (which we are rapidly heading towards) when it can be 100% proven that things such as ghosts and UFO's/aliens DO exist.

I think all these disclosure videos that have surfaced, are the first step in prepping us for something bigger in the future...

Reactions: 6
Who is to say they don't exist?

Just because someone hasn't seen something, or experienced something strange themselves, does not mean such things don't exist.

I suspect there will be a point in time (which we are rapidly heading towards) when it can be 100% proven that things such as ghosts and UFO's/aliens DO exist.

I think all these disclosure videos that have surfaced, are the first step in prepping us for something bigger in the future...
Iā€™ve never had a paranormal experience (and donā€™t to thank you šŸ˜¬šŸ˜†) but I absolutely believe.
Donā€™t want to derail but since youā€™ve mentioned aliens Iā€™m also a believer. Paul Hellyer, ex Canadian Ministry of Defence has claimed that aliens have been living among us on earth for a long time. Not little green men with bug eyes like the movies, they just look like the rest of us. His videos are available on YouTube, he claims the US Government have been in contact with aliens for years.

Reactions: 3
Iā€™ve never had a paranormal experience (and donā€™t to thank you šŸ˜¬šŸ˜†) but I absolutely believe.
Donā€™t want to derail but since youā€™ve mentioned aliens Iā€™m also a believer. Paul Hellyer, ex Canadian Ministry of Defence has claimed that aliens have been living among us on earth for a long time. Not little green men with bug eyes like the movies, they just look like the rest of us. His videos are available on YouTube, he claims the US Government have been in contact with aliens for years.
I think that jeff Bozo or what ever heā€™s called is one amongst us

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.