True ghost stories 👻

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Omg I had the same with my daughter age 5. She was 1 when my mum died suddenly. One night she woke up crying.... the next day I said why was you crying in the night !!!! She said I see nanny in my bed .... I said oh really... (testing her with a few questions about my mum) i knew she wouldn’t remember her because she was only 1 when she died. I said what did nanny look like??? She said she had short white hair !!!! (Which she did have) I said what was she doing in the dream.... she said mummy.... nanny laid in bed with me..... she told me she loved me.... she cuddled me i said anything else .... she said yes she smelt of perfume ..... anyone who knew my mum knew she always had perfume in her bag.... i could be doing something at home and a big whiff of her perfume appears....
When she died I felt faint and come over all hot and can’t explain the oddest feeling.... at the time of feeling odd which was about 10.30am... I wasn’t told that she had died until later that day.... it’s only when I asked the doctor roughly how long she had died that he told me it would of been about 10am !!!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
It's amazing how some of use are more in tune with the experiences than others - I've yet to have a proper encounter (other than sleep paralysis).

Reactions: 9
This may be an old thread but been watching a few dead creepy videos lately on youtube and one really sparked a memory of my father when he was driving home, he saw some really bright red lights what he presumed to be fireballs (or were as far as he could see I think tbh was over 20 years ago) flying at his car, is rather from this actually that made me remember when he mentioned it (was on the verge of swerving in his car)

Though he didn't see anything like a yellow light though, that'd have been really odd (actually came from when I nodded off and woke up and was watching a load of videos about Dytalov Pass the tragedy that killed all the people in the incident that happened in 1959).

Reactions: 4
This thread is fantastic!
I have had a few strange encounters .

I grew up in a little village in the middle of nowhere, as a kid for some entertainment a group of us decided it would be great fun to go up the church yard just as it was getting dark 🙈 . Nothing particularly interesting happened and we soon got bored so got on our bikes to go home , the only way in and out of the churchyard was a long footpath walkway lined with big of conker trees appropriately named "Church Walk" anyway as we were going through the gate to cycle out , one of us looked behind and saw a face that was kind of lit up at the church window , almost as though when you shine a torch under your chin , we all turned , we all saw it and absolutely tit ourselves , I've never peddled so fast in my life and I don't think any of us slept for a week. No one believed us if course but the face of a lady was at that window and it scared the life out of us.

As a teenager we would all go to closest town (I say town it's a small market type town) a few miles away , we would either rely on parents/ older siblings for a lift or worse walk the country lanes home ........ One night it was just past midnight , me and my friend were walking past the local church and graveyard down to the end of the road waiting for a lift home from my brother. A few minutes later out of nowhere I had a tap on the shoulder and we both heard a man's voice say " have you got the time love" we both stopped dead , turned to see none . Both freaked out we ran done to the bottom the road , we had to wait for my brother but my god were we pleased to see him .
The next day I told my mum's boyfriend who happens to have grown up in that town what happened ....... Much to his amusement , he told me about a local highwayman called Will Peare , he was hanged for his crimes and buried in the local church . Aparentley lots of locals have had the same experience just after pub closing , he asks if you've got the time and vanishes .

I work in a nursing home , as you can imagine we have quite a lot of passings , lots of spooky things have happened when somone is dying . I had a little lady who was hanging on for some reason , in the few weeks before her passing , she would keep telling me " I don't know who these men are that keep visiting me" When I asked her what they visited for she would say "they want me to go with them" ! This went on for a few weeks and she had no surviving family to visit her. On the day she passed away , she looked up to me and said "I'm going with them now , they've persuaded me" .

I was looking after a lovely gentleman , his wife had been with us for several years with Alzheimer's and unfortunately he was diagnosed with advanced stage bladder cancer . He had been a published author , but it was something to do with construction , one of the things he had always wanted to do was have a non fiction book published , which he just managed to do before his cancer diagnosis. He had given me a copy of his book to read and I hadn't realised untill I got home he had wrote me a lovely note inside thanking me for everything I had done for he and his wife. I set the book aside on my sideboard , a few hours later there was crash coming from the bedroom when I went in the book had somehow fallen off the sideboard , I thought nothing of it untill I went into work a few days later to be told the gentleman had passed away . And yes it was on that day , that very same evening as the book fell off the side.

My uncle and I were very close , he was almost a surrogate dad to me and treated my son as his own grandchild. We had a very close bond . We lived on the same road , and I saw or spoke to him every day . On the night he died I had put my son to bed , he was only 2 and he had a habit of waking up and climbing into my bed. It was about 9.30 I was in the lounge watching TV and I suddenly heard my son making a wheezing type coughing noise . I rushed to check on him , he was still asleep but had this funny type of cough . I was getting a bit concerned that he had whooping cough or something. Within about 10 minutes though he had settled down and was sleeping soundly . I said to my husband that we would probably be going to the doctors the next day as I didn't like the sound of that cough.
We heard not a peep from him all night . That morning he was fine ,no cough and his usual self . I had rang my uncle and hadn't got an answer , it wasn't unusual as he had some health problems so I asked my husband to pop over and check on him and take him over a daily paper. Within minutes husband rang , to say he had found him and he had passed away . After the initial shock , I had worked out he hadn't got to bed that night his bed was still made and so he had died that evening . I obviously didn't know at the time , but I'm certain the strange wheezing/ coughing episode my son had that night was linked to his passing in some way .

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
My partners parents live in a really old Victorian house with their younger children, it's massive with 7 bedrooms over 3 floors. We stayed there and house/dog sat while they were in Australia for 3 weeks. One evening I arrived there before my boyfriend, I popped some tea in the oven and went upstairs with the dog (top floor) to get changed (the house has always creeped me out so if I'm alone I make the dog stay with me🤣). I noticed that the outside light came on so assumed by boyfriend had parked at the top of the lane and walked down which is the norm to do.
The front door opened, I heard him walk up the stairs (big thumping footsteps, like he was dragging himself up the stairs) but he went into the master bedroom on the second floor which was weird. I called down to him but no answers. I stood at the top of the stairs and shouted down again but no answer. I walked down and pushed open the master bedroom door which was ajar and the room was empty. I stepped inside and it was ridiculously cold in there, like see your breath cold, despite being winter and the underfloor heating being on all afternoon.

I got seriously freaked out and buggered off downstairs into the kitchen with the dog. I sat on the sofa's at the front of the kitchen in front of the patio doors. It was really dark outside but I could just about make out the garden. I kept getting that horrible tingling feeling up my back so I had a look out the glass doors and a man walked across the garden (he seemed to drag himself across it rather than walk). It was the most horrific thing I had ever seen, he literally looked twisted. The dog went absolutely mental, barking/screaming and scratching at the door. I was in hysterics and hid behind the kitchen counter with the dog until my bf got home. I made him go out and search the garden and he insisted that there was nothing there, even watched the CCTV back and couldn't see anyone come in or out of any of the entrances. I am absolutely sure it was something supernatural and he was in the house before.

I have tried to find some history on the house, all I know is that it was owned by a man whose son was the manager(??) of a clay mining pit, his legs were crushed in a freak accident and he died a few days later!! Horrific and I still have nightmares about it, I refuse to stay at the house alone or with less than 2 people there! I'm also a big believer that dogs pick up on supernatural occurrences and she went absolutely nuts at those patio doors.
HOLY duck THIS THREAD 😨😱😱😱 I'll never sleep again 😂😂

• Haha
When our dog Lucy died a few years ago a couple of days after I heard her walking around upstairs (like she used to) and then coming down our wooden stairs - my husband heard it too. I also felt her snuggled up to me on the bed like she used to. They were both times those things that you assumed were real before you remembered 'oh hang on a minute'. I have since read this is not uncommon with beloved pets - you hear them going about their business for a few days/weeks then it just stops. Alexander Armstrong wrote about the same thing when his dog died. It is strange but very comforting.

I hope than when one of mine pass (I have 3 cats) that I get to experience this. I would love to know they are still with me as they are my babies xx

• Heart
It surprises my how skeptics think paranormal doesn't exist. Just because they do not see it they think it doesn't exist. Can your see microwaves? Can you see radio waves? No, and they both exist.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
A few years ago in the middle of the night I was woken by plates crashing downstairs and our new puppy barking like crazy. It was so loud it sounded like someone had thrown and smashed the plates. I poked my head out on the landing and was met with every single one of my family members sticking their heads out too. Everyone was upstairs. When we went down some plates had slid along the kitchen sides and some on the floor had smashed.
They were drying on the draining board when we went to bed so sure, they could have slipped but had been there a few hours and I'm sure needed more force than that to smash. Our puppy wouldn't stop barking. Maybe he could see something we couldn't ? Our house was a new build in 2005 previously being a care home and army barracks. Haven't had anything since but I always hear noises.

Reactions: 6
A friend was walking along the bottom of the cliffs with his girlfriend and passed a guy. He said something to them like sorry for making them jump because they passed each other on a corner and it was dark. They turned to look back and saw nobody there and there was no way the guy could vanish to.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Just thought of one

my ex got married to a lady who already had two girls

they really wanted a baby of their own (they didnt really care about the sex but if there had been a chance they would have liked a boy)

two years had passed when for some reason he got a chance to have a reading done

she told him there was a little baby wrapped up in his nannas arms and the blanket was blue

she wasn’t ready to let him go just yet but she would one day and baby would be his last-but not his wife-she would have more children

he pooh poohed the whole thing and moved on with life

two more years pass-no joy

they had all the tests-neither where to ‘blame’

they where just about to give up when she got pregnant

with a boy

a few years later they got divorced,she fell pregnant again and had another one

the little boy aged about five told him one day that he loved living with his nanny but she told him the she had to go live with his parents but she’d make sure he was ok-he fell asleep and when he woke up he was with mummy and daddy and that she still came to see him

my ex is still spooked by it all to this day

• Wow
Reactions: 22
Just thought of one

my ex got married to a lady who already had two girls

they really wanted a baby of their own (they didnt really care about the sex but if there had been a chance they would have liked a boy)

two years had passed when for some reason he got a chance to have a reading done

she told him there was a little baby wrapped up in his nannas arms and the blanket was blue

she wasn’t ready to let him go just yet but she would one day and baby would be his last-but not his wife-she would have more children

he pooh poohed the whole thing and moved on with life

two more years pass-no joy

they had all the tests-neither where to ‘blame’

they where just about to give up when she got pregnant

with a boy

a few years later they got divorced,she fell pregnant again and had another one

the little boy aged about five told him one day that he loved living with his nanny but she told him the she had to go live with his parents but she’d make sure he was ok-he fell asleep and when he woke up he was with mummy and daddy and that she still came to see him

my ex is still spooked by it all to this day
I love ones like this lol.

• Wow
I ❤ threads like this! I’m completely fascinated by the supernatural/paranormal, never seen an apparition myself but I’ve had ‘feelings’ at some places I’ve been too!

Reactions: 4
Not exactly ghostly but my childhood dog, a dalmatian, was on her walk with me, my parents, and our other dog (the daughter of the other dog) when she suddenly started acting really strange when we walked past a really old abandoned building. She gave it a wide berth with her ears pricked up and she looked terrified. She wasn't usually an anxious dog. My parents said to me the building used to be an abbatoir. She certainly sensed something! The other dog didn't.

I'm not someone who definitely believes either way but I do want to.

In 2017 my dad passed away after a long battle with cancer. I can't remember if it was the night after or a few nights after but in a dream my mobile was ringing and I picked it up and heard my dad's voice saying 'hello', then I woke up with a start. It was like I really heard it it my bedroom as it made me wake up with a jump. I haven't had any dreams of him since.. so I do like to think it was him sending a message. It seems apt as well as my dad was of few words, like me. It just really felt like him. May have just been a stage of grief but it was comforting either way.
The night my mum passed away (cancer also) the exact same thing happened to me but it was so real. It was exactly 3am to the minute when it rang which is apparently the witching hour 😦 although I didn't hear a voice like yours. My mum appears in my dreams most nights , even 3 years on.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
The night my mum passed away (cancer also) the exact same thing happened to me but it was so real. It was exactly 3am to the minute when it rang which is apparently the witching hour 😦 although I didn't hear a voice like yours. My mum appears in my dreams most nights , even 3 years on.
coming up to 2 years since my mum passed. cancer too. 22 hours after she went, I had a two way 'conversation' in my sleep. completely sensible, all questions and replies in context with her. she was in shock at how well she felt again, and pleased! still happens occasionally now.

Reactions: 8
Does anyone have any ghost stories to add ?
I'm bored and love these stories 👻

I've just found this thread now.

I've had 2 strange 'experiences' if you can call them that.

When I was about 19 and still living at home with my parents, I woke up in the middle of the night and could 'feel' someone in my room. Not physically feel them, but I knew that someone was there. I didn't feel the slightest bit frightened or spooked. I just felt as though whoever it was, they were there to look after me.
I fell back to sleep and had a really vivid dream about my great grandfather (I'd never met him. He died over 40 years before I was born) and I absolutely believe that it was him that was there that night.
I have a couple of photos of him in my house now that my aunt gave me and I often ask him to help me and look after me.

The second experience was to do with my aunt, the same lady that I've just mentioned.
We were very close. She never married or had any kids herself. She lived next door to me when I was growing up so I saw her pretty much every day.
When I was 20 and she was 50, she died suddenly. Completely unexpected and I never had a chance to say goodbye.
I'm 40 now and a few years ago I came home from work one day and when I went into the kitchen I got a really really strong smell of YSL 'Rive Gauche' perfume.
My aunt was the only person I knew who ever wore it.
The house I live in now, she had never been in. She died before I met my now husband and before we bought the house. It's about half an hour away from where I grew up.
There's only myself and my husband in the house and at the time nobody else had a key (our neighbour has one now because he minds our cat if we're away but this was before we got the cat) so there's no way anyone else could have been in the house.

When my husband came home I said to him "My aunt was here today". He thought I was stark raving mad as he doesn't believe in anything like that, but I'm 100% convinced it was her.

• Heart
I’ve seen a ghost but telling the story doesn’t sound particularly scary. When I was about 11 I was upstairs in my bedroom. I went to go downstairs and when I walked out of my bedroom I saw something out of the corner of my eye, and saw a young lady aged around 20 with long blonde hair wearing a long white dress. She had one hand on the bannister along the landing, and was looking over it down the stairs. I must have gasped or made some sort of noise because she turned and looked at me, then disappeared.

Slightly off topic - I also occasionally suffer from sleep paralysis. It is the most terrifying thing you can experience. Basically when you’re asleep your brain wakes up but your body doesn’t, and you can’t move or speak no matter how hard you try. In reality it probably lasts seconds but it feels like minutes! A lot of the time when this happens I see or sense an evil presence. When I see it it’s a dark shadowy figure that enters the room and comes slowly towards me. One time it got that close to me that it lifted the bed sheets and started to get on to the bed, at that point I woke properly and was able to move and speak again. It’s absolutely awful! 😨
I also suffer from sleep paralysis. I feel myself being lifted up out of the bed and moving slowly towards the ceiling. When I wake, I have a strong sense of an evil presence in my room. This has been happening to me since I was a very young child.

• Wow
For some bizarre reason I started reading this in bed last night and it freaked me out! 👻
Haven’t had any paranormal experiences myself.
However my cousin had all sorts of strange goings on at her house. There would be loud thuds from upstairs so she’d rush to check on the kids thinking one of them had fallen out of bed. All sound asleep.
lights in her house would go on and off, things would go missing and turn up in strange places.
The one that freaked me out the most was her dog standing at the bottom of the stairs growling. Her youngest kid who was a toddler at the time refused to go upstairs because of the old man standing there! 😱

they did some research and found that a former tenant had died there. As far as I know it’s all quiet now and they still live in the house!

Reactions: 1
A few months ago after a 5 night stay in hospital with my toddler we decided he could just stay in bed with us that night. Anyway was early hours of the morning & I could hear a man saying my name. Being half asleep i presumed it was my partner, but he was still asleep so i thought i must of been dreaming & went back to sleep. Next thing i hear the same voice again saying my name but only this time they was shouting it over & i felt like i was being shook. I shot up to only turn over & realise my toddler had somehow managed to wedge his head under my pillows with me lay on top of them. I honestly think that was somebody watching over him & thank god they was.

• Wow
Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.