True ghost stories 👻

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've just read through all of these and I have shivers down my spine 🙈🤣
Mine is realllyyy timid but it still really frightened me at the time.
It was about 8pm on a freezing cold pitch black February night.
I'd just got home from work, dumped my keys, put the kettle on and went upstairs to the loo. I was about half way up the stairs and the bathroom light turned on - it's an old pull cord and it makes a creaky sound when you pull it and I heard the sound clear as day as well as seeing the light. I ran back down the stairs as fast as I could thinking someone had broken in the back door before I got in! I ran into the street and started banging on my next door neighbours door terrified as well as phoning my brother who lives in the next street. My neighbour and brother both searched the house from top to bottom - nobody was there, nobody had been there. I've never been a big believer in the ghosts until that night, I've racked by brains but i can't think of any explanation for it other than paranormal activity.
I was going through a rough patch with my boyfriend at the time and was generally just feeling so fed up, so I like to think it was someone telling me to lighten the duck up rather than an evil presence 😂 Even so, when I'm home alone on a night now I hold my wee in until my bf comes home so I don't have to go up there alone 🙈
P.S could somebody please point me in the direction of the conspiracy theories thread? I can't seem to find x thanks! x

Reactions: 7
I've just read through all of these and I have shivers down my spine 🙈🤣
Mine is realllyyy timid but it still really frightened me at the time.
It was about 8pm on a freezing cold pitch black February night.
I'd just got home from work, dumped my keys, put the kettle on and went upstairs to the loo. I was about half way up the stairs and the bathroom light turned on - it's an old pull cord and it makes a creaky sound when you pull it and I heard the sound clear as day as well as seeing the light. I ran back down the stairs as fast as I could thinking someone had broken in the back door before I got in! I ran into the street and started banging on my next door neighbours door terrified as well as phoning my brother who lives in the next street. My neighbour and brother both searched the house from top to bottom - nobody was there, nobody had been there. I've never been a big believer in the ghosts until that night, I've racked by brains but i can't think of any explanation for it other than paranormal activity.
I was going through a rough patch with my boyfriend at the time and was generally just feeling so fed up, so I like to think it was someone telling me to lighten the duck up rather than an evil presence 😂 Even so, when I'm home alone on a night now I hold my wee in until my bf comes home so I don't have to go up there alone 🙈
P.S could somebody please point me in the direction of the conspiracy theories thread? I can't seem to find x thanks! x
Your story reminds me of an incident that happens to someone I use to work with. The lady is called May and the son is called Jack.
Jack got home from school one day and got into the door and discovered all the lights were on in the home - at the time he was the first to come home as May (and her husband) were both at work. Called his mum to ask about the lights, said that she never left the lights on. As he was on the phone he heard the bathroom light make a noise (from what I remember, the bathroom light is connected to the extractor fan so it does a clicking and a wooshing fan noise), Jack freaked out and run out of the house while being on the phone to his mum. The mum called the police and got them to checked the house and found nothing. May was convinced Jack was hearing things and made it all up.
I was working at the time it happens and afterwards we spent the rest of the afternoon telling ghost stories.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
i just discovered this thread on the way home tonight ...glad i wasnt on my own late at night..some of them are chilling.
heres my one ...........
when i was pregnant with my youngest daughter i had a difficult pregnancy and experiencing terrible pains i thought i was going to loose her...i had an ovarian cyst which whem scanned was bigger than her...i had to be operated on to have removed and there was a high risk of miscarriage. luckily we came through it and she was ok but tiny. on my way to work in the morning throughout this time and throughout the rest of my pregnancy i would always pass a policeman going in the opposite direction in the same back road.
nothing unusual about that as it was in London near St pauls and police were often about apart from this one wore a strange uniform ...its what made me notice him in the first place...assuming he was just another of Londons eccentrics or maybe a tour guide - he wore a Cape with polished buttons and numbers and an old fashioned style helmet he made me smile everytime i saw him , there was something so calming about him. he could of course have been on his way to work at the same time as me but even if i was late there he woùld be !

Years before this is saw pretty accurate clairvoyant who said i had a guardian in the spirit world who was a man in uniform ....i had always assumed this was my Grandad as we wore a uniform in his job but i do wonder if he was really perhaps he was this policeman!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
Your story reminds me of an incident that happens to someone I use to work with. The lady is called May and the son is called Jack.
Jack got home from school one day and got into the door and discovered all the lights were on in the home - at the time he was the first to come home as May (and her husband) were both at work. Called his mum to ask about the lights, said that she never left the lights on. As he was on the phone he heard the bathroom light make a noise (from what I remember, the bathroom light is connected to the extractor fan so it does a clicking and a wooshing fan noise), Jack freaked out and run out of the house while being on the phone to his mum. The mum called the police and got them to checked the house and found nothing. May was convinced Jack was hearing things and made it all up.
I was working at the time it happens and afterwards we spent the rest of the afternoon telling ghost stories.
Woah how strange! I believe you Jack!! 😂

Reactions: 5

• Heart
Reactions: 2
About ten years ago I lived in an old Victorian terraced house that had been converted into two flats. I lived on the ground floor and used to have terrible problems with the neighbours making noise. Almost like clockwork every night there'd be pacing back and forth, loud conversations, banging things, the sound of floors being scrubbed. I really didn't feel comfortable approaching them as I'm not the type so I called the landlord of the building to ask if he could have a discreet word about the noise as it starts at 9pm and goes on until the early hours. He said to me no one has been in the top floor flat for months. I was pretty taken aback and didn't know what to say so I just said sorry for wasting your time it must be coming from one of the other neighbours and left it.

It still completely baffled me because I could hear the noise and literally feel the vibrations coming directly above the rooms in my flat. If I'm honest 'ghosts' didn't come to mind because I don't really believe in that, and this felt very real not like something supernatural happening. That same night it happened again so I thought this is just ridiculous and went out into the hallway and up the stairs to the top floor flat. I knocked the door and it opened just enough with the chain latch still on. For some reason I wasn't expecting an answer so I just sort of said "oh hi, I live downstairs. Have you just moved in?" to which a woman replied in a deep Bristol accent "Aw, are we making too much noise? Sorry my love. We'll try to keep it down", I said "oh it's okay, it's just I have to get up early and couldn't sleep the past few nights". She took the chain latch off and opened the door further. She looked like she was wearing an apron and some raggedy dress/skirt underneath and a hairnet or something on her head covering her hair. So anyway I said "sorry to disturb you" and started making my goodbyes and she said "It's alright my love, it's nice to have the company" I half-laughed and went to walk back down the stairs then I stopped and said "you said we", she replies "sorry my love?", I said "you said we'll keep the noise down" and she says "oh, don't mind me my love" and scattered off slowly into the flat, saying goodnight.

The next day I rang the landlord again and said I'd spoken to a woman last night which is weird because you said there wasn't anyone living there. He sounded like he'd been caught out or something. He said he'd come round to the flat later that day to talk to me. He ended up telling me that he can never occupy the top floor flat for more than a few weeks because people complain of it being "haunted" with tenants telling stories of a cleaning lady that won't leave them alone. At this point I was actually laughing and kept asking so you're telling me I spoke to a ghost? And he had his head in his hands and just said "I don't know, I don't know anymore".

I stayed in the flat as I mentioned I didn't believe in ghosts but found the whole thing really odd. More and more strange things kept happening over the months like I would wake up and see shadow figures then turn the lights on and nothing would be there. One night I woke up and someone whispered "little tell tale" in my ear. The noises upstairs kept happening, though less frequently. Eventually a young couple moved in up stairs and after they'd been there for a week I heard the woman screaming the entire house down and thought "what's happened there". The next day I saw her in the hallway and asked if everything was okay last night? She laughed and said oh yes fine, it will sound crazy if I told you. I said 'go on...', she said that she woke up to someone stroking her hair and when she turned around it wasn't her boyfriend but a woman wearing a hairnet. As she screamed her boyfriend came running in who had left to go to the toilet. She said 'maybe I was having a nightmare, it just felt really real'. I said 'yeah probably'

At that point it was April and my tenancy was up in May. The day I left I got in the car and looked up at the building. In the very top window was a woman in a hairnet dusting the windows. I waved but it was as I couldn't catch her attention. I started the car and looked up as I drove off and she was gone.
I loved this sooo much!! reading that was fab. I'm glad it was a nice experience for you in the end and I'm actually quite jealous you spoke to a ghost!!

• Wow
Reactions: 10
I have one, people always look at me like I’m insane but here goes.

A few years ago I was visiting a relative in high dependency in hospital in Bristol. The nurse said because of the circumstances I could stay past visiting hours. It was late at night, there were not many staff about and the lights were dimmed. All of a sudden I felt a burst of cold air (I initially thought it was air con) then I realised there was a figure standing in the room, I felt oddly calm. I was certain I heard the words “everything will be fine.”
Some time later in the evening I went to a toilet at the end of the ward as I walked past some of the other rooms I had the most chilling feeling. I felt like I was being followed this time it didn’t feel calming, this was a different feeling there were shadows in the cubical with me and I was rushing to get my hands washed as quickly as possible.

Perhaps it was just because emotions were so high and I was aware that people in some of the surrounding rooms were in critical conditions. But, all I can say is I’m certain of what I saw, felt and heard.

It would be interesting to know if anyone else has had odd experiences in hospital!
Was it Frenchay? I found it creepy as there

Reactions: 3
I’ve lived in my house for nearly 13 year’s, had some unexplained things over the years, nothing bad just odd. Before my two youngest came along, husband and I had been doing things, like you do, I got up to go to the bathroom, came back into the room after turning the lights off and couldn’t see a thing, lent down to feel for the bed as it was quite a low one at the time, something brushed me on the bottom, I literally jumped into bed and under the covers as fast as I could and stayed there for ages!! Odd odd odd, fast forward 2010 my middle son had just gone into his own room, I’d fed him and settled him until he was asleep, turned the light off and got into bed, next thing my son was screaming his head off, went in and the light was on!!! 3 nights in a row that happened, I put it down to sleep deprivation but I know I turned his lights off, also happened to my eldest son a couple of times when they swapped rooms!! The last thing happened on Boxing Day last year, came up to bed, while cleaning my teeth I felt something on my shoulder, I chucked off my dressing gown as fast as I could as I thought something was in my shoulder, it was like something was tapping on my shoulder!! Yuk... so nothing tooo nasty just unexplainable. The guy before us brought this house off plan in 1966 and lived in it until he died in November 1998 in our bedroom, the weird things happened either in November or December!!

• Wow
My youngest son, now 10, used to talk about his last mummy. He begun talking about her just before he was 2, saying I'm nicer than his last mummy. I took it with a pinch of salt but my mum told me to question him more. I asked where the last mummy went and he said he didn't see her anymore now as there were people in danger so he was in an airplane which crashed and there was a fire and he died. No idea if he'd been influenced by something he'd seen on TV (not that we ever had it on much), but even to this day he hates loud noises and has always been obsessed with poppys (especially for remembrance Sunday). Now he's older he's totally forgotten all of this anyway.

When my twins were babies, I was driving them on a single track country lane, summer so all the grass verges were overgrown etc. It was a 60mph road and I was probably doing 50, and all of a sudden had this urge to slow down. I ignored the urge though which was getting stronger. All of a sudden the CD just ejected with force from the CD player (no steering wheel controls in those days) which made me slam on my brakes in shock. As I slammed them on this car came round the corner as quick as lightning. Like 90mph lightning. Would have 100% been a head on collision had I have not almost braked to a stop. Coincidence or supernatural forces, no idea, but I was SOOOO thankful.

And lastly, very recent and it's difficult to type this one. My dear mother passed away on August 3rd this year. I'm now living in Australia, she was back in England and I was due to fly back to see her on Aug 7th. When her husband called to tell me the sad news, my world seriously crashed. Anyhow, I was putting clothes in my wardrobe and packing to go back to England when I said out loud, "mum if you're there give me a sign". A couple of mins later the middle light in my walk in wardrobe was flashing. I sat for an hour and a half talking to this flashing light bulb..... Eg flash for yes, stay solid for no. Then I thought I was going mad and my electrics were dodgy so I stopped.

When I got back to the UK, I told her husband about the light while we were on route to see her body and say goodbye. While we were with her body, the light above her coffin was flashing and her husband said maybe I wasn't crazy after all, maybe it's a sign she's with us in the room. It was comforting. The same thing happened after her funeral at her wake. This one light was flashing. When I got back to Australia at the beginning of September, the wardrobe light again was flashing so I said out loud, you can go mum, go and rest in peace. It hasn't flashed since :-(

Sorry that was long and possibly doesn't make sense, it's all so raw still. Not exactly ghost stories but so eerie XX

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 61
My youngest son, now 10, used to talk about his last mummy. He begun talking about her just before he was 2, saying I'm nicer than his last mummy. I took it with a pinch of salt but my mum told me to question him more. I asked where the last mummy went and he said he didn't see her anymore now as there were people in danger so he was in an airplane which crashed and there was a fire and he died. No idea if he'd been influenced by something he'd seen on TV (not that we ever had it on much), but even to this day he hates loud noises and has always been obsessed with poppys (especially for remembrance Sunday). Now he's older he's totally forgotten all of this anyway.

When my twins were babies, I was driving them on a single track country lane, summer so all the grass verges were overgrown etc. It was a 60mph road and I was probably doing 50, and all of a sudden had this urge to slow down. I ignored the urge though which was getting stronger. All of a sudden the CD just ejected with force from the CD player (no steering wheel controls in those days) which made me slam on my brakes in shock. As I slammed them on this car came round the corner as quick as lightning. Like 90mph lightning. Would have 100% been a head on collision had I have not almost braked to a stop. Coincidence or supernatural forces, no idea, but I was SOOOO thankful.

And lastly, very recent and it's difficult to type this one. My dear mother passed away on August 3rd this year. I'm now living in Australia, she was back in England and I was due to fly back to see her on Aug 7th. When her husband called to tell me the sad news, my world seriously crashed. Anyhow, I was putting clothes in my wardrobe and packing to go back to England when I said out loud, "mum if you're there give me a sign". A couple of mins later the middle light in my walk in wardrobe was flashing. I sat for an hour and a half talking to this flashing light bulb..... Eg flash for yes, stay solid for no. Then I thought I was going mad and my electrics were dodgy so I stopped.

When I got back to the UK, I told her husband about the light while we were on route to see her body and say goodbye. While we were with her body, the light above her coffin was flashing and her husband said maybe I wasn't crazy after all, maybe it's a sign she's with us in the room. It was comforting. The same thing happened after her funeral at her wake. This one light was flashing. When I got back to Australia at the beginning of September, the wardrobe light again was flashing so I said out loud, you can go mum, go and rest in peace. It hasn't flashed since :-(

Sorry that was long and possibly doesn't make sense, it's all so raw still. Not exactly ghost stories but so eerie XX
Someone was defo watching out for you that day on the road!! I am so sorry to hear about your mum passing. I think it was her too. she probably knew it was what you needed to try and help you through such a hard time.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
Just found this thread love love love it, thank you all! I hadn't heard of the 'peggy doll' that was mentioned back in may.. I like a challenge so ive watched everything I can on this doll and read everything.. I'm still here not sick or ill. Apparently you get ill or die from watching the doll??!I think you can make yourself ill by the power of suggestion.

I have a few from when I lived in a shared house with uni friends. We had just moved in in the first week sadly one of the girls close friends had committed suicide and I always felt his presence in the house. So the first week we were there she was upset and asked him for a sign to show he is there and at that moment the wick from the candle split and the flame jumped out and started burning his mass card that was given out at his funiral. That summer me and another friend were in the kitchen talking about him and then my can of coke was in the middle of the table we weren't near it, and the can just tipped over the whole table and I went to get a towel and the lighter that was in the middle of the table was hanging off the table about to tip over. And finally, my room mate that was close to him, had just found out she was pregnant and was deciding if she was going to keep the baby or not. We were all cooking in the kitchen and she said, I wish I just had a sign to tell me if I should keep the baby, and I went into the conservatory and the windows were all steamed up and there was baby foot prints all over the whole window! No baby's, no dolls, nothing was in the house to make them kind of prints on the window! As soon as she moved out the feeling of a 'presence' was gone.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Have you any unexplained experiences or do you believe in ghosts?

I have a few but most notably we moved into a large rented house in a historic town! From the moment we moved in I knew somthing wasn’t right! To cut a Ling storey short, by the time we moved a year later we had experienced cupboards opening and closing/slamming, footsteps, lights going on and off, tv coming on by itself quite often, blinds closing by the selfs, most of which happened with people in the actual room and this only naming a few! It wasn’t just experienced by us but by almost every guest many of which we hadn’t mentioned the goings on!

Have you had any spooky experiences?

Have you any unexplained experiences or do you believe in ghosts?

I have a few but most notably we moved into a large rented house in a historic town! From the moment we moved in I knew somthing wasn’t right! To cut a Ling storey short, by the time we moved a year later we had experienced cupboards opening and closing/slamming, footsteps, lights going on and off, tv coming on by itself quite often, blinds closing by the selfs, most of which happened with people in the actual room and this only naming a few! It wasn’t just experienced by us but by almost every guest many of which we hadn’t mentioned the goings on!

Have you had any spooky experiences?
ooh I love things like this, one odd thing that happened to me was at my kids school, I dropped them off as usual at the gate, waved them in, turned to leave and was face to face.....like nose to nose close with an old guy, I kind of jumped back and said "woah sorry" but he was fixed staring past me, I moved around him to carry on walking, I actually shuddered or shivered as I left, felt odd so turned to look and he wasn't there, hardly anyone there as we go early but he was nowhere to be seen, gave me the chills and I almost sprinted back to the car ha
I adore shows such as a haunting, paranormal witness and my ghost story, fascinates me for sure, gonna love this thread ;)

ooh I love things like this, one odd thing that happened to me was at my kids school, I dropped them off as usual at the gate, waved them in, turned to leave and was face to face.....like nose to nose close with an old guy, I kind of jumped back and said "woah sorry" but he was fixed staring past me, I moved around him to carry on walking, I actually shuddered or shivered as I left, felt odd so turned to look and he wasn't there, hardly anyone there as we go early but he was nowhere to be seen, gave me the chills and I almost sprinted back to the car ha
I adore shows such as a haunting, paranormal witness and my ghost story, fascinates me for sure, gonna love this thread ;)
Ahh terrifying! I’ve had the same thing but never seen an actual figure more like a shadow but been like woah sorry and there’s nothing there! Haha my guilty pleasure is haunted shows, absolutely love them!

I’m loving this thread.
Me and my husband lived in a ‘haunted’ house for 7 years. We had lots of things happen and now we are living somewhere else we sometimes chat about what happened and can’t belive we didn’t just go and book a hotel and give notice to the landlord. It’s funny how you try and rationalise things that don’t have an explanation.

Lots of things happened but here are a few of the biggest ones-

One night we were laying in bed and the latch of the bedroom door opens and the door swings open, we literally s*at ourselves.
Another night close to that night we were laying in bed and a coffee cup launched across the bedroom as if it was being thrown by someone.
One early eve we were sitting on the sofa and we saw someone/figure at the top of the stairs (stairs are in the living room), without thinking my husband got up to see who had ‘got’ into the house and no one was upstairs.
We had decoration candles in the living room and we never lit candles in the house or had anything to light them with, One night we went up to bed and turned all the lights off downstairs and upstairs...got into bed and then could suddenly see we had left a faint light on downstairs...my husband went down thinking we had left the kitchen light on or outdoor light and it was shining up. Anyways I heard him get to the landing and stop walking...I shouted out to him to ask what he was doing and he just said ‘why have you lit a candle in the living room....well I shot out of bed and we both went downstairs and one of my expensive decoration candles had just been lit (no melted wax). I blew it out, had a massive row with my husband and went to bed. The next morning I went downstairs to inspect the damage and the candle wick was brand new and unlit.

Just to add it was just me and my husband living there and we always had the front and back door locked. No pets.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
I have experienced sleep paralysis twice, very scary. I tried to scream at the person standing at the end of my bed but couldnt use my voice. Couldn't move. Such a scary moment. For me though Im convinced I was super tired rather than it being a supernatural thing.
I’ve had similar... I saw a man in black with a pointed nose sitting at the bottom of my bed .... I’ve also seen ghosts walking around and talking to each other and sitting at a long table...

• Wow
Reactions: 6
I’m loving this thread.
Me and my husband lived in a ‘haunted’ house for 7 years. We had lots of things happen and now we are living somewhere else we sometimes chat about what happened and can’t belive we didn’t just go and book a hotel and give notice to the landlord. It’s funny how you try and rationalise things that don’t have an explanation.

Lots of things happened but here are a few of the biggest ones-

One night we were laying in bed and the latch of the bedroom door opens and the door swings open, we literally s*at ourselves.
Another night close to that night we were laying in bed and a coffee cup launched across the bedroom as if it was being thrown by someone.
One early eve we were sitting on the sofa and we saw someone/figure at the top of the stairs (stairs are in the living room), without thinking my husband got up to see who had ‘got’ into the house and no one was upstairs.
We had decoration candles in the living room and we never lit candles in the house or had anything to light them with, One night we went up to bed and turned all the lights off downstairs and upstairs...got into bed and then could suddenly see we had left a faint light on downstairs...my husband went down thinking we had left the kitchen light on or outdoor light and it was shining up. Anyways I heard him get to the landing and stop walking...I shouted out to him to ask what he was doing and he just said ‘why have you lit a candle in the living room....well I shot out of bed and we both went downstairs and one of my expensive decoration candles had just been lit (no melted wax). I blew it out, had a massive row with my husband and went to bed. The next morning I went downstairs to inspect the damage and the candle wick was brand new and unlit.

Just to add it was just me and my husband living there and we always had the front and back door locked. No pets.
Totally believe this, very similar to my own experiences

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.