True ghost stories šŸ‘»

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have so many stories to share. I literally don't know where to start. Once the kids are in bed tonight I will attempt sharing a few. In the meantime, I am loving all these accounts. So fascinating! Thanks so much for sharing them. I'm in my element!

Reactions: 17
My mum had a moment when she was pregnant with me her and my dad had had an argument over something and she ended up sleeping downstairs in the living room she woke up about 4ish in the morning to see a little blonde haired boy sitting looking at her at first she thought it was my brother turns out it wasnt mum lost a few babies over the years 3 girls due to health issues and a little boy he was born 3 months to early.to this day she knows it was her son who passed away

Had a few moments like these over the years myself
Always remember it was a friday night and I was allowed to have a friend come over for dinner at the time I had a thing about washing up I must have been only 6 so I washed up my plate my mum was with me when I did this so I washed up my plate and put it on the plate airer rack thing to dry then I washed my tray up I had used for some reason after I put the tray on the airer the plate smashed it didnt fall on the floor I was sat in the little grooves of the air but it smashed and went everywhere thankfully no one was hurt.

A few years I must have been about 14 at the time it was about 3.30 in the morning I couldnt sleep Joy's of being a teenager and having the teenager worrys I laid there hoping to fall asleep at some point and someone or something called my name it freaked me out to say the least

After my nan passed away me and my mum went to mums old family home to be with my pap I was sat in the back garden by the pond my nan loved her little pond she had some fish in there anyways I was sat there upset missing my nan and I felt someone cuddle me at first I thought it was my mum turn around and no one as there. Me and mum think it was nan letting me know she was ok

Years later I got pregnant and had a wee stillborn baby a little boy šŸ„° I miss him every single day two days after he passed away I was in bed writing him a letter to go in his coffin and I felt a small warm shape sitting on the bed with me also after thr shape had moved the bed side lamp flicked only for a few seconds ā¤ but I believe it was him telling me am ok mummy my aunties and uncle are looking after me and I have found your other baby my dog and his taking care of me too. but one evening I was in the kitchen cooking dinner and felt someone tug on my shirt as I was cooking I dont have any other children again it was him causing mischief

Not long after my dog passed away I was in bed falling sleep when I felt him walking on my bed he was a big old fella and you new when he was on your bed with you

One last bit sorry my brother has had many and I mean many weird moment in his life first being he was in bed one night to see a women dressed in 1800 house maid clothing walking out of the cupboard

I could go on I will be back later at some point so share my work colleagues experience
So sad about your wee stillborn baby šŸ˜“ but sweet that you have felt their presence ā¤

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Iā€™m loving this thread! I frequently get sleep paralysis. I hate it but donā€™t feel the presence thing that other people do. Just that I canā€™t breathe and try to scream but I cant.

Anyway, I havenā€™t really got any to share personally but have recently been utterly transfixed by the Dear David story on twitter. If you havenā€™t heard of it, thereā€™s a really good recap here https://www.bustle.com/p/what-is-de...aunted-apartment-from-start-to-finish-7714979. Terrifying!!

• Wow
Reactions: 8
Iā€™m loving this thread! I frequently get sleep paralysis. I hate it but donā€™t feel the presence thing that other people do. Just that I canā€™t breathe and try to scream but I cant.

Anyway, I havenā€™t really got any to share personally but have recently been utterly transfixed by the Dear David story on twitter. If you havenā€™t heard of it, thereā€™s a really good recap here https://www.bustle.com/p/what-is-de...aunted-apartment-from-start-to-finish-7714979. Terrifying!!
Well I didn't sleep very well last night after reading that! I half think it's probably a set up though. The guy works for buzz feed

Reactions: 8
Well I didn't sleep very well last night after reading that! I half think it's probably a set up though. The guy works for buzz feed
Yeah, it occurred to me it probably wasnā€™t real. Still, a good read and those pictures at the end! šŸ˜±šŸ˜±

Reactions: 2
Don't know how I have only just come across this thread but I've spent all morning reading it.

Not had experiences like some but a few weird things that have happened.

When I was about 13 I woke up one morning and the first thing I thought about was my great grandma and she was there in my mind all morning and then suddenly the thought of her just went, a few hours later my uncle came to our house and told us that my great grandma had passed not long after dinner time that day, I like to think it was her way of saying bye.

Also we lost my grandad 5 years ago and it broke all out hearts even though we were expecting it, the night after we found out he died I got into bed and cried all of a sudden i felt this presence and it calmed me and i felt that every night up until his funeral, every now and then I feel my grandads presence and even in the past few weeks we have been getting a little Robin that keeps coming into our garden and just stays still and stares at us and then flies off, I like to think that that's just him checking up on us.

Reactions: 17
So, a big shout out to whoever shared the Dear David thread. Absolutely tit myself last night doing the night feed. Barely slept, those images maaaan!

Reactions: 9
So, a big shout out to whoever shared the Dear David thread. Absolutely tit myself last night doing the night feed. Barely slept, those images maaaan!
Oh my god I spent an hour reading it all and re-reading bits!!
I was scared and wouldnā€™t go downstairs lol!!
Itā€™s a brilliant read and so gripping but Iā€™m still in two minds if itā€™s real or pics edited etc

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I read it a week or so ago and I'm still scared when I have to get up to my baby in the night!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
This wont sound too creepy but its surreal to think about now.

When I was younger, about 10, my mother bought my sister , who was 4, and I bunk beds. (Small house , 4 kids)

We shared these bunk beds until we were in our 20s and still sharing a room (dont judge we were going through uni and saving )

Anyways, from the moment we got them things were weird. If only one of us was in bed , we could always hear the other breathing above or below us. or feel them moving about. One night my sister got annoyed at my fidgeting and heavy breathing and got out of bed to find I hadn't come home that night so wasnt there!

Then one night I actually felt something touch my foot and when my hand reached to investigate I felt another warm human hand. That was the final straw and we moved rooms and took the beds apart.

Our childhood friends even heard it when they stayed over so at least we have people out there who believe us.

• Wow
Reactions: 13
I read it a week or so ago and I'm still scared when I have to get up to my baby in the night!!!!
It's made up, I use to follow it daily when Adam Ellis was tweeting about it, turns out it's all for a story he wants to publish.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
It's made up, I use to follow it daily when Adam Ellis was tweeting about it, turns out it's all for a story he wants to publish.
I thought that immediately after when i saw he wanted to make a film of it but itā€™s still freaked me out and I slept with the telly on the past couple of nights šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

Reactions: 5
Read that Adam Ellis thread. The photos were obvious staged but still had to get my OH to walk me to the bathroom for a midnight pee :ROFLMAO: can anyone recommend any other spooky reads?

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Just now

im sat on my sofa reading on here and watching tv

the tv is in front of me,the door to the lounge on my right-walk through that and your in my hallway/stairs

my fella is outside,in our garden (I can hear him)

sd is upstairs in her bedroom (sheā€™s a tiny thing and about 5ā€™2)

Iā€™m just reading random threads and in the corner of my eye I see a black shadow coming down my stairs-it looked like a tall man but he stooped (at least 6ā€™)

it got to the bottom of the stairs and vanished

the lady who lived here before us got the house when her granddad died-he bought it and gave it to her in his will,but she had 3 kids so sold to us and bought a bigger house so they could have their own bedrooms

im wondering if heā€™s come back to check if weā€™re looking after ā€˜hisā€™ house

well sir-we are

• Wow
Reactions: 5
I was reading about haunted dolls today ( totes normal right!) Read about one called peggy. If you watch the video apparently you get sick. I don't fancy being ill on bank holiday Monday so not risking it, but if anyone's feeling brave ( or fancies a day off work cos of sickness šŸ¤£) just Google Peggy the haunted doll and there's links to the video. I don't actually believe this doll would make me sick,I'm on the fence with this type of thing BUT I'm being a wuss for deffo about this one šŸ¤£ just in case!
Just reading this thread for the first time today and loving everyoneā€™s stories and itā€™s a bank holiday a year later to this post, think thatā€™s spooky enough I wonā€™t watch the video lol just in case!

my story isnā€™t so much scary more comforting, so my grandad was really unwell in hospial, He lived in Scotland and us in England. We got the call that he didnā€™t have much longer to go, days maybe, so my mum and I flew up the next morning. It was a beautiful sunny day no clouds in the sky, the flight was perfectly smooth apart from one point out of no where the plan just dropped suddenly, I donā€™t know how much but after that moment it carried on smoothly for the remainder of the journey.
When we landed our relatives were there to pick us up, crying and we knew instantly my grandad had passed away, it was the same time we felt the bump.
Later that night my mum and I talked about it and took comfort in the fact that it was my grandad going to heaven šŸ’œ

• Heart
Reactions: 14

I know itā€™s likely to be a set up but I saw the photos of ā€œDavidā€ on the bed and noped the duck out of that story šŸ˜‚

I am not particularly ā€œin tuneā€ with the spiritual world but I used to rent an old flat that had been converted from a house and had a few odd goingā€™s on there. I never felt threatened or scared but my dog would go absolutely bananas at the hallway, heā€™d just stand at the living room door and bark and howl. I used to have nightmares regularly about that door being shut and suddenly bursting open, I never saw anything though but my dog doesnā€™t do that now weā€™re in a different home which makes me think he could see something I couldnā€™t!

Another time we had moved the living room around and had the sofa sitting in front of the fireplace (we had to jiggle the room to get our own furniture to work in it and it was the only place that sofa fit).
On top of the fireplace was a huge mirror and my partner and I were sitting watching tv with him lying across the other sofa, me on one end of the sofa in front of fireplace and my dog on the other end. Suddenly out of nowhere the mirror above the fireplace flipped off and landed in between me and the dog - on the only empty seating space in the room. I just about tit myself on the spot and tried to rationalise it but the walls were super thick between flats and I could always hear my neighbours above if they were doing anything so I knew it wasnā€™t because of something theyā€™d been doing upstairs either! It was a huge fireplace so it didnā€™t slip off and it flipped in a way that was impossible to do even if it had.

I love older homes but after reading this thread I may reconsider šŸ¤£

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.