True ghost stories 👻

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s crazy because even when I read this back I think ‘why did we stay for 7 years’ 😂🤦🏻‍♀️
Almost exactly the same albeit only almost 2 Years! I can remember feeling absolutely terrified when in the house literally all the time, constantly waiting for the next thing to happen! I was terrified having to go back there at the end of a day!

I’d consider myself an introvert and like time on my own but I would never be in that house on my own, I would always have people round but even then something would happen and we’d look at each other and say shall we go out, or I’d find an excuse to go out if my hubby was out, after the first few weeks I was never there alone!

Almost all of our goings happened upstairs, apart for a door slamming, tv coming on and a visitor sitting at our dining room table completely on edge saying every time the turned their head they could see someone standing in the kitchen from the corner of their eye (who was I trying to kid haha) but predominantly it all happened upstairs. Our stairs separated the living room/ dining room, straight stair case with 3 steps that came of at an angle into the dining room! One night my husband and I had finished dinner and were talking (probably about the ghost, looking back it’s crazy how much of my life that house consumed) and i can remember clear to this day there were footsteps as if someone was walking down the last three steps and what sounding like a foot landing on the laminate floor! That moment there was me done, the landlord got the notice the next day! It felt like it was warning us it wasn’t going to stay upstairs anymore! I have chills writing this!

I often drive nearby and think I’d love to ask the current owners if they have experienced anything!

• Wow
Reactions: 15
Poor you, I know exactly how you feel.
Even alone you always felt watched and never alone. When we were moving and we drive away from the house for the final time my husband said ‘don’t look back’ and he said he felt really weird like if we were to look back we would see something. Sounds crazy doesn’t it 🙈
I’m so glad you didn’t have to do any longer in your house. We were just stuck financially really as if not we would of been gone after the first 2 years for sure.

Reactions: 8
If
Poor you, I know exactly how you feel.
Even alone you always felt watched and never alone. When we were moving and we drive away from the house for the final time my husband said ‘don’t look back’ and he said he felt really weird like if we were to look back we would see something. Sounds crazy doesn’t it 🙈
I’m so glad you didn’t have to do any longer in your house. We were just stuck financially really as if not we would of been gone after the first 2 years for sure.
I tell people some of the things that went on and they look at me like I’m crazy but you understand once you’ve experienced it and there’s no logical explanation!

I have every single finger tie crossed hoping I don’t go to house like the again!

Reactions: 7
Keep em coming 😁 Absolutely love reading these!
so do i !
my husband works in the airline industry and both him and numerous colleagues have encountered rather strange experiences on board empty planes and at certain gates.

He doesnt believe in anything supernatural (unlike me) but he was working on a plane one night signing paperwork. airport shut just him and another work mate there. he was sitting in one of the seats doing paperwork and could hear foot steps in the galley. he went back thinking cleaners or caterers were on board but no one was there. went back to doing his paperwork and he heard someone coming down the aisle , turned round no one there..at this point he thought his mate was messing around. carried on with his work and then someone pushed his chair from behind! there was still no one there.

he ran off the plane and went back to the office were he found the work mate who asked if he was ok as he was white...he explained what happened expecting him to laugh but instead his mate had been on the plane earlier he had also heard someone in the galley and he had turned power off to do a check and the call bell sounded ! he'd also legged it off the plane sharpish!
Planes have numbers and neither of them would work on that one alone after that..they also found out some one had actually died on board it and numerous other staff had experienced strange experiences.

• Wow
Reactions: 18
I've felt a presence in my house, we've lived here nearly 14 years and it was in the very early days I first felt it. I was alone in the house as my husband was away and at that time we didn't have any pets. I went to bed and woke up a few hours later and felt pressure on the side off the bed, like someone was sitting on it. I turned the light on and there was nobody there. This has happened a couple of times over the years, but I've never felt frightened or threatened. Sometimes I'll catch sight of a movement out of the corner of my eye, so does my husband, but there's never anybody there and it's not our cat as she is a real chatterbox and announces her presence with very loud miaows! Our house was built in 1970 so no ancient history to it. I don't worry about and actually find it rather comforting since my parents both died as it gives me hope I might see them again.

When our dog Lucy died a few years ago a couple of days after I heard her walking around upstairs (like she used to) and then coming down our wooden stairs - my husband heard it too. I also felt her snuggled up to me on the bed like she used to. They were both times those things that you assumed were real before you remembered 'oh hang on a minute'. I have since read this is not uncommon with beloved pets - you hear them going about their business for a few days/weeks then it just stops. Alexander Armstrong wrote about the same thing when his dog died. It is strange but very comforting.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 28
A friend over in America took a pic and sent it to me looking out of his window outside his house and the thick amount of snow they had. I noticed in the reflection of the window a long blonde haired woman, slim and in a jumper and jogging bottom type trousers on stood in the doorway. I said to my friend "oh is that your mum behind you?", (although it couldn't have been as not to sound rude but his mum was much curvier than the lady in the reflection) and he said he was home alone and got pretty freaked out.

• Wow
Reactions: 13
When our dog Lucy died a few years ago a couple of days after I heard her walking around upstairs (like she used to) and then coming down our wooden stairs - my husband heard it too. I also felt her snuggled up to me on the bed like she used to. They were both times those things that you assumed were real before you remembered 'oh hang on a minute'. I have since read this is not uncommon with beloved pets - you hear them going about their business for a few days/weeks then it just stops. Alexander Armstrong wrote about the same thing when his dog died. It is strange but very comforting.
I had this when my dog passed away, heard her walking up and dow stairs, felt her sit on the bed with me. It was very very comforting

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Love these stories. After my cat died ( i was pregnant at the time). One night i needed the toilet, whilst sat on the loo i saw her come in & walk between my legs & nuzzle up like she used to.
We lived in a very old Victorian ground floor flat & we often saw a large tall figure in the hallway. My husband doesn't believe at all in ghosts but one day he was in the hallway & swear someone was stood next to him, he was freaked out after this. Stuff used to get moved around all the time, in the end I decided to try & get rid of the ghost myself by shouting it out seemed to work.
But i think he followed us to our current house, stuff goes missing all the time, on a weekly basis i come home to the lights being turned on, we hear footsteps on the stairs & noises coming from our daughters room at so loud it wakes me up & the dog. A medium came round once & said she felt we had a child spirit in the house.

• Wow
Reactions: 11
Love these stories. After my cat died ( i was pregnant at the time). One night i needed the toilet, whilst sat on the loo i saw her come in & walk between my legs & nuzzle up like she used to.
We lived in a very old Victorian ground floor flat & we often saw a large tall figure in the hallway. My husband doesn't believe at all in ghosts but one day he was in the hallway & swear someone was stood next to him, he was freaked out after this. Stuff used to get moved around all the time, in the end I decided to try & get rid of the ghost myself by shouting it out seemed to work.
But i think he followed us to our current house, stuff goes missing all the time, on a weekly basis i come home to the lights being turned on, we hear footsteps on the stairs & noises coming from our daughters room at so loud it wakes me up & the dog. A medium came round once & said she felt we had a child spirit in the house.
Wow that’s scary! Do you feel threatened by your presence now?

Reactions: 4
No not at all, my daughter she's 10 was woken up by noises in her room recently but went back to sleep & asked me if i heard it too i told her it was ca, she said she thought it was, ha!

Reactions: 2
No not at all, my daughter she's 10 was woken up by noises in her room recently but went back to sleep & asked me if i heard it too i told her it was ca, she said she thought it was, ha!
Awww, I sometimes feel my (deceased) dog around especially if I’m upset, it brings me so much comfort x

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I have a few it involves my parents house - very old Victorian house! Now both my parents had things happen to them and both my siblings! One who refuses to be alone there.

my sister and I lived on the third floor (attic type rooms a joined) she was old enough to have a boyfriend and would stop at his house. Now every time she was out when I went to bed I heard talking in her bedroom and walking around etc. It was vile.

Everything would always go missing, I was clumsy and lost my stuff a lot. But it happened to my mam a lot and then she would find it in the middle of the floor.. or somewhere really stupid!

The most disgusting one which still fills me with terror to this day is .. I was in the bath reading Harry Potter nothing scary just reading .. my mind wasn’t wandering. + I heard a noise .. a tap or a gulp but didn’t think anything of it (I was focused on my book) and then it kept happening. Then right in my ear it was a VERY loud harsh whisper of my name, just *NAME* really loudly.
I ran out the bath/bathroom and down the stairs bollock naked screaming my head off (17 at the time) and my Mam still says to this day she has never seen me look so frightened.

i used to be in my room hear the front door go, my dad throw his keys on the kitchen table etc. I would rush down to see him ... no one there.

I have since moved out and my mam says she was washing the dishes and the back door opened and closed - the noise of the handle etc - and it shouted ‘mam I’m home’ in my voice - and she knew it wasn’t me as I live 200 miles away and she said she didn’t turn around because it had never used my voice before.

last one or ill be here all day. My dad doesn’t really believe in anything. He was in the living room one night and the main lampshade caught his eye .. it looked like it was moving .. and it started swinging (it has tassels on it) the ironed clothes on the back of the door started swinging and when he looked back to the lampshade ..a figure walked into the television.

my niece used to go half way up the stairs and whisper into the corner of the wall and when we were like what you doing get down - she said she was talking to the man.
😑

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Many moons ago my daughter then aged 9 woke up in the night screaming about a man in her room
Thinking she was dreaming I sorted her out and went back to bed
The next morning she told me about this man-it was my granddad who had brought me up
She’d never met him nor seen a picture of him
She got every detail right down to ‘his silver hair mum-it wasn’t gray’
When he was alive he’d always say his hair was silver it wasn’t gray

A few nights later she woke up again screaming-she told me a pair of giant hands had come out of the wall at her
But one of the fingers had a lump instead of a nail-again that was my granddad-an accident at work left him like that

A friend of mine passed away and I was waiting for my lift to her funeral-I stood up to get a Diet Coke out of the fridge and she appeared in my doorway,she smiled and faded away

I often feel people stroking my hair

My youngest daughter would often wake up and start laughing at nothing as tho someone was playing with her

When I was pregnant with my son I was expecting twins but lost one at ten weeks
I then after a high risk pregnancy gave birth to my son
For months afterwards we should hear a baby crying upstairs-when baby was in his car seat next to me-asleep
None of our neighbours had a baby so couldn’t have been them

I used to keep toys in a cupboard under my stairs but in my lounge-I’d just put them away when a hand appeared and pushed them out-the hand was as clear as day

I often see orbs

My ex was telling me about a landlord of his who used to be a teacher-my ex moved out after a bad experience (which was his fault but he tried to push the blame on his landlord)
His landlord died a few months later-but appeared the night I was told the story in my bedroom and he wasn’t happy

I was told my pregnancy was high risk and could kill me so it would be best to abort
that night I went to bed and as I was drifting off I saw a golden light and just knew everything would be ok-I had a healthy boy

I often see people in the corner of my eye-one day I saw a dog as clear as day walk past me as I was stood at my back door looking at my garden
3 weeks later my son bought himself a rescue dog-the same dog I’d seen in my garden

• Heart
Many moons ago my daughter then aged 9 woke up in the night screaming about a man in her room
Thinking she was dreaming I sorted her out and went back to bed
The next morning she told me about this man-it was my granddad who had brought me up
She’d never met him nor seen a picture of him
She got every detail right down to ‘his silver hair mum-it wasn’t gray’
When he was alive he’d always say his hair was silver it wasn’t gray

A few nights later she woke up again screaming-she told me a pair of giant hands had come out of the wall at her
But one of the fingers had a lump instead of a nail-again that was my granddad-an accident at work left him like that

A friend of mine passed away and I was waiting for my lift to her funeral-I stood up to get a Diet Coke out of the fridge and she appeared in my doorway,she smiled and faded away

I often feel people stroking my hair

My youngest daughter would often wake up and start laughing at nothing as tho someone was playing with her

When I was pregnant with my son I was expecting twins but lost one at ten weeks
I then after a high risk pregnancy gave birth to my son
For months afterwards we should hear a baby crying upstairs-when baby was in his car seat next to me-asleep
None of our neighbours had a baby so couldn’t have been them

I used to keep toys in a cupboard under my stairs but in my lounge-I’d just put them away when a hand appeared and pushed them out-the hand was as clear as day

I often see orbs

My ex was telling me about a landlord of his who used to be a teacher-my ex moved out after a bad experience (which was his fault but he tried to push the blame on his landlord)
His landlord died a few months later-but appeared the night I was told the story in my bedroom and he wasn’t happy

I was told my pregnancy was high risk and could kill me so it would be best to abort
that night I went to bed and as I was drifting off I saw a golden light and just knew everything would be ok-I had a healthy boy

I often see people in the corner of my eye-one day I saw a dog as clear as day walk past me as I was stood at my back door looking at my garden
3 weeks later my son bought himself a rescue dog-the same dog I’d seen in my garden
That’s amazing about your grandad and the dog!

Reactions: 1
That’s amazing about your grandad and the dog!
To be honest it freaked me right out at the time
My parents dismissed it as a child with an over active imagination
But to this day (she’s now 23) she remains adamant what she saw and it’s never changed
From what he was wearing to his hair
(Even his glasses and the fact his teeth looked a bit fake-he had false ones that had been issued when he was in the army)

The dog really freaked me out
I saw a white dog with a small brown patch over his left eye and one on his breast-but more to the right instead of centre
When my son sent me the picture of his new dog I almost passed out!

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.