True ghost stories šŸ‘»

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have a couple of experiences
First one was when I lived at home and my bedroom has built in wardrobes that had mirrors top to bottom , if the door was left open you could see the bed reflected in it , one night I didnā€™t shut it properly and woke up to see a black figure leaning over me , I wasnā€™t scared and felt really calm and relaxed it was very strange

Anothe time me and my family were driving home after been on holiday and it was dark we were driving up the motorway and drove past a hitchhiker who was very old , long white hair and beard and as wierd as it sounds he was kinda glowing , we all saw him and commented how wierd he looked , carried on driving didnā€™t stop once and about 20 mins later guess who we all saw again !!!! Yep the same man still glowing !!! Safe to say everyone tit their pants and still talk about it to this day !

Last one ā˜
My brother passed away very unexpectedly while I was preganant with my third child
( I saw him that day randomly after not seeing him for about six months )
Anyway when my son was about 12 weeks old he woke up in the night making giggly noises and laughing kicking his legs
This happened two nights in a row and as cute as it is we all know how tiring it is too
On the third night I turned to the side to look at him and saw a little boy , blonde hair standing over his crib playing with him , I thought it was his big brother so went to say go back to bed itā€™s the middle of the night
Looked again and no one was there , so me thinking did I drop off for a second , went to too look in his bedroom , he was fast asleep and clearly hadnā€™t moved all night !!! It happened the day after too j did t see him just heard the baby laughing I asked can you not come in the middle of the night to visit please come in the day and it never happened again !!
My brother looked a lot like my middle son when he was younger I to this day I swear it was him coming to meet the new arrival

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Something weird happened to me last year.

My daughter was about 14 months old, and her speech has always been quite good, so for the most part, I could communicate with her. (This is relevant, not humble bragging)

I take her with me to slimming world classes, which are held in this old village hall. They always have a sort of jumble sale on, and occasionally Iā€™ll get a toy or item of clothing for her from there. Anyway, one day there was this owl picture. It was like a hologram pic, so looked like it moved. My daughter LOVES owls, and squealed with delight when she saw it going ā€œOwl mummy!ā€ It was only Ā£1.50 so I brought it for her.

We took it home and I put it on a self in her room. That night about 1am, I awoke suddenly to my daughter screaming, I ran into her room and she was standing up in her cot completely hysterical. I picked her up trying to soothe her and said ā€œwhatā€™s the matter darling?ā€ and she pointed behind me and said ā€œthe man the man!-horrible man!ā€

I turned round and there was nothing there. It was really eerie, but I thought she must of had a bad dream. I calmed her down and she went off to sleep.

The exact same thing happened over the next three nights. At this point it was too weird for me so I took the picture from her room and put it in the living room.

That night she didnā€™t wake up at all. However, our 3 cats, who always sleep in the living room, came upstairs into our room and wouldnā€™t budge.

The next day I threw the picture out - havenā€™t heard about ā€˜The manā€™ since šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø
That is creepy šŸ˜©šŸ˜©

Not a haha for the happy birthday song, more so that the money money money just made me snort my drink šŸ˜‚

I have so many ghost stories! Some of them still terrify me. Especially my son and his "friend".

So..

My son was about 4/5, started seeing this little boy. This little boy would play with him, talk to him, reassure him etc. Just thought it's an imaginary friend, BUT, he's autistic, really struggles with his imagination and draws things instead of speaking his emotions etc.

I was home alone with him and he turned round and said "..... wants to say hello to you mum. He won't speak in front of anyone else" my whole body went cold, hair standing up etc. Before all of this though he would giggle about his friend doing things, moving stuff etc. I told him I didn't want to speak to him because he was spooking me out. So about half hour later he comes to me with a drawing (I'll actually dig this drawing out soon) showing a picture of a boy by a tree. Told me in detail that he was alive 50 years ago and lived in a big house for naughty children because his parents were dead. Because he was so naughty, he would be "electric shocked" on the head at night time. Then one night he touched the "electric" and died. The nasty men buried him by the tree.

So by this point I was a little scared (šŸ”) put him to bed and said goodnight to his friend. Sat on the settee for a couple of hours researching. So.. there's an old children's home about 5mins away from mine. It was knocked down a few years ago after a nasty fire. There was loads of child cruelty cases that came about from there to do with the carers and church that worked there. Shut down years before it burned. The dates my son gave me matched up with this. It also went into detail how they would give children electric shock therapy for behavioural problems!!!

Now as my son is autistic, he sees a psychiatrist every couple of months due to how he is. We mentioned this to her. She was fascinated. We recorded him talking about him and everything. She's taken all of that and has been working on looking into this!

I seriously considered getting a priest in. It was that unnerving. But since I stitched crosses into all of his pillows he doesn't talk about him at home. He'll mention he's seen him in school though! I'm not religious at all so I think I did this as a comfort thing really for me.

Baring in mind by the time he spoke about this he was 5, he's now 8 and will randomly mention he's seen him. He never ever watched anything to encourage that or seen anything remotely similar. So god knows how he knew all of it! We don't encourage the talk as quite frankly it's scary šŸ˜‚ and I'm alone with the kids!

Sorry if it's a bit rambly, I'm trying to type whilst I have him around me (by around me, I'm being pestered) šŸ˜‚

I'll also try and get some more put on here later!!!
Flip that was a really interesting story! Definitely freaky!! And also kind of sad! Poor wee children.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
When I was about 14, I was cleaning my bedroom and came across an old bible on top of my wardrobe that was open on a certain page. I didnt think anything of it, removed it and put it in the bin. I'm not religious. About a week later, I just had a weird feeling that someone was in my room with me at night, there seemed to be more of a breeze than normal and felt abnormally cold. One morning, I woke up and my nail varnishes were lined up at the foot of my bed, nail varnish remover and a lipstick were lined up beside it. I went downstairs and mentioned it to my mum who instantly went pale and she asked me if I'd removed the bible, not knowing why she asked me that, she went on to tell me that when I was 6, she'd heard me scream, she ran in to my room, I'd wet myself and I was stuck to the wall, it took her ages to get me off it as I was petrified, my uncle who was an RE teacher at the time visited my bedroom and felt he sensed something so told my mum that putting an open bible on top of my wardrobe would make sure I was safe. Nothing else happened until I'd removed the bible. All I know is that before moving in to the house when i was born in 1987, a couple had lived there, the woman was a victim of domestic abuse and ended up going to the mountain opposite my house and throwing herself off a bridge

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 37
I lived in a house which had been in my family for three generations. My great grand parents lived there, my grandparents and I lived there with my mum. Funny things would always happen. Things would get moved, you would hear footsteps up the stairs and their would always be bangs or things falling down. never Felt scared when I lived there and the house always had a lovely feel to it. When my mum died I decided to down size and moved to a different property so I sold the house and moved in to a flat. I had arranged for a medium to come round as I wanted to have a girls night and house warming. The weeks leading up to that night were horrendous. I could not settle in the flat. I could not sit in the living room so would just sit in the kitchen. I hated having a bath as I felt like someone was watching me. I hated drying my hair in the bedroom as I had my back to the door and again felt like someone was watching me. one night I went to the loo during the night and as I switched the light on the bulb exploded on my head. I felt paranoid all the time and thought I was losing the plot. The day the medium was coming around I had a friend staying with me. On the morning she went in to the living room to open the curtains. We then got ready and I went in to the living room to get my bag and my sofas had been turned upside down. I called my friend in and asked why she done this to my new sofas. She started to laugh and say I havenā€™t done it you have. we both stood there frozen. I had to go to work and before I got home the medium had turned up before I got home and my friend let him in. He is a chatty chap but as soon as he walked in he just kept asking my friend where I was and that he needed to speak to me ASAP. When I got home he asked me what the hell had been going on in my flat. Before I even spoke to him he said what has exploded on your head and what has been moved. He said that he had to do an exorcism before he could do anything with me. I asked what it was in the flat and he would not tell me apart from that if he did not get rid of it then it would duck with me physically, mentally and emotionally. Needless to say I was in tears. He said h usually charges three grand to cleanse a home but he would not be charging me as whatever it was was a nasty bastard. We did the exorcism and it was me and him in a room. I had candles lit and it was like as wind blowing in the room. He put whatever it was in to a object. He said I could pass it on to someone I hated or get rid of it. Horrible experience and not really had anything major happen since thank god.

• Wow
Reactions: 25
When I was about 14, I was cleaning my bedroom and came across an old bible on top of my wardrobe that was open on a certain page. I didnt think anything of it, removed it and put it in the bin. I'm not religious. About a week later, I just had a weird feeling that someone was in my room with me at night, there seemed to be more of a breeze than normal and felt abnormally cold. One morning, I woke up and my nail varnishes were lined up at the foot of my bed, nail varnish remover and a lipstick were lined up beside it. I went downstairs and mentioned it to my mum who instantly went pale and she asked me if I'd removed the bible, not knowing why she asked me that, she went on to tell me that when I was 6, she'd heard me scream, she ran in to my room, I'd wet myself and I was stuck to the wall, it took her ages to get me off it as I was petrified, my uncle who was an RE teacher at the time visited my bedroom and felt he sensed something so told my mum that putting an open bible on top of my wardrobe would make sure I was safe. Nothing else happened until I'd removed the bible. All I know is that before moving in to the house when i was born in 1987, a couple had lived there, the woman was a victim of domestic abuse and ended up going to the mountain opposite my house and throwing herself off a bridge
oh my god
I lived in a house which had been in my family for three generations. My great grand parents lived there, my grandparents and I lived there with my mum. Funny things would always happen. Things would get moved, you would hear footsteps up the stairs and their would always be bangs or things falling down. never Felt scared when I lived there and the house always had a lovely feel to it. When my mum died I decided to down size and moved to a different property so I sold the house and moved in to a flat. I had arranged for a medium to come round as I wanted to have a girls night and house warming. The weeks leading up to that night were horrendous. I could not settle in the flat. I could not sit in the living room so would just sit in the kitchen. I hated having a bath as I felt like someone was watching me. I hated drying my hair in the bedroom as I had my back to the door and again felt like someone was watching me. one night I went to the loo during the night and as I switched the light on the bulb exploded on my head. I felt paranoid all the time and thought I was losing the plot. The day the medium was coming around I had a friend staying with me. On the morning she went in to the living room to open the curtains. We then got ready and I went in to the living room to get my bag and my sofas had been turned upside down. I called my friend in and asked why she done this to my new sofas. She started to laugh and say I havenā€™t done it you have. we both stood there frozen. I had to go to work and before I got home the medium had turned up before I got home and my friend let him in. He is a chatty chap but as soon as he walked in he just kept asking my friend where I was and that he needed to speak to me ASAP. When I got home he asked me what the hell had been going on in my flat. Before I even spoke to him he said what has exploded on your head and what has been moved. He said that he had to do an exorcism before he could do anything with me. I asked what it was in the flat and he would not tell me apart from that if he did not get rid of it then it would duck with me physically, mentally and emotionally. Needless to say I was in tears. He said h usually charges three grand to cleanse a home but he would not be charging me as whatever it was was a nasty bastard. We did the exorcism and it was me and him in a room. I had candles lit and it was like as wind blowing in the room. He put whatever it was in to a object. He said I could pass it on to someone I hated or get rid of it. Horrible experience and not really had anything major happen since thank god.
Jesus Christ this is terrifying I could not continue living there even after that. You are brave

• Wow
Reactions: 9
I had been hoovering one day when I still lived with my mum and we had a study with computer and chair in it. After I had finished hoovering I just left the hoover in the at the door as I could not be arsed to put it away. So to enter or leave the room you would of had to move the hoover out the way. That night I went to bed and when I woke up the computer chair out of the study was next to my bed where I slept. I asked my mum why she had moved the chair from the study and why would she be sitting there watching me during the night. She said that she had not moved the chair. When we went in to the study the hoover was still in the same place in the door frame and had not been moved. I think I attract the dead šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

• Wow
Reactions: 3
My Mum has encountered quite a few incidents with spirits or alike. She is a Nurse.

Her most remembered -

She trained as a Nurse in a old Military Hospital and whilst working a night shift when she was Qualified she was instructed to a ward with another Nurse. The ward was a end of life ward, none of the patients were able to get out of bed.

The Hospital had many wings and wards and was supervised by one Matron who circulated the Hospital. The ward was secured by two Fire Exit style doors which were locked as standard and the only keys were kept in the Nurses station or on the Matron. Mum said they were massive heavy doors and only opened in one direction and took an almighty push to open.

Mum had just done the checks and she was sat in the Nurses Station with the other Nurse, when they heard footsteps. The Footsteps were coming from the direction they expected the Matron from. Mum said the room went ice cold like you could see your breath. She just froze as did the other Nurse.

The double doors both opened the wrong way, foot steps went down the ward, past them and then to the other set of doors which opened the wrong way. Mum said then the temperature rose and she and the other Nurse just looked at each other and then they went and made a drink.

Mum went and tried both doors with the key and they were both locked, and on unlocking it was not possible for the doors to open the other way.

Another....

Mum was tending to a lady with severe Dementia and the lady hadn't spoken for years. Mum said the room went uncomfortable and her and the lady just stayed still. After a couple of minutes the lady looked and my Mum and said 'its ok my dear they've gone now'.

My Mum has seen loads of odd things and she said that its almost standard in a Hospital - :O

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
My Mum has encountered quite a few incidents with spirits or alike. She is a Nurse.

Her most remembered -

She trained as a Nurse in a old Military Hospital and whilst working a night shift when she was Qualified she was instructed to a ward with another Nurse. The ward was a end of life ward, none of the patients were able to get out of bed.

The Hospital had many wings and wards and was supervised by one Matron who circulated the Hospital. The ward was secured by two Fire Exit style doors which were locked as standard and the only keys were kept in the Nurses station or on the Matron. Mum said they were massive heavy doors and only opened in one direction and took an almighty push to open.

Mum had just done the checks and she was sat in the Nurses Station with the other Nurse, when they heard footsteps. The Footsteps were coming from the direction they expected the Matron from. Mum said the room went ice cold like you could see your breath. She just froze as did the other Nurse.

The double doors both opened the wrong way, foot steps went down the ward, past them and then to the other set of doors which opened the wrong way. Mum said then the temperature rose and she and the other Nurse just looked at each other and then they went and made a drink.

Mum went and tried both doors with the key and they were both locked, and on unlocking it was not possible for the doors to open the other way.

Another....

Mum was tending to a lady with severe Dementia and the lady hadn't spoken for years. Mum said the room went uncomfortable and her and the lady just stayed still. After a couple of minutes the lady looked and my Mum and said 'its ok my dear they've gone now'.

My Mum has seen loads of odd things and she said that its almost standard in a Hospital - :O
I've just spent a ton of time in hospital and I'm so glad I read this after šŸ˜­šŸ˜¦

Reactions: 5
Don't know what you would call this but it's very very strange. Few months ago I was sleeping and having a dream. In my dream an old man was watching me at my bedroom door it was very vivid and I woke instantly. When i woke there was nothing there and no one else in the house just me and my daughter. Eventually went back to sleep and forgot about it until morning. Now I had not said a word about it until my daughter who's 4 and was sleeping in my bed with me that night said who was that old man watching us at the door last night šŸ˜±

• Wow
Reactions: 36
Hi, Iā€™m quite new to this site but heard their was a paranormal thread. Iā€™ve got quite a lot of stories tbh but the most recent one tbh was this morning when I was feeding my son around 5 am & itā€™s freaked me out a bit
I was lying in bed feeding him & felt some loudly blow on my ear... I know it sounds like nothing but no windows open & weā€™ve been going through a bit of a rough week, my uncle has found out he has cancer again, my best friends father in law is dying, my great aunt, the last of my grandads siblings has coronavirus
Iā€™ve had a few ā€˜visitsā€™ in my home from my grandparents (my mam has always said Iā€™m ā€˜sensitiveā€™ as I never liked the house that she lives in ever since I first walked in there age 7 - lots of stories about that house)
Iā€™ve smelt them, felt them around me, felt them sitting on My bed, when I was pregnant with a baby before I had my son I smelt my nans perfume in the room when I was getting ready for work and I burst into tears as Iā€™d not felt her around me once since sheā€™d died and I was with her when she passed away I didnā€™t feel her leave my side after that, I found out just after I lost the baby and nearly died myself from blood loss with the miscarriage - Iā€™d hear my grandad tapping the tables with his fingers when I was alone at home and tapping things around the house, opening doors, (my grandad tapped his fingers on the tables all the time when he was alive) my mam went to a medium not long after and I was getting scared that I might have been going mad because they seemed so present that it didnā€™t seem right, if that makes sense? I believe but it just seemed like too much when it had been nothing for so long - anyway the medium told my mother (after describing my nan-her Mam) tell Rachel sheā€™s not going crazy, sheā€™s not left her side since she became pregnant, she wanted to look after her, your dad (my granddad) is looking after his great grandson for her....
anyway... this thing this morning doesnā€™t seem the kinda thing theyā€™d do... and I can usually feel them theyā€™re never physical really? Anyone else ever had anything like this?

Reactions: 7
I have a few it involves my parents house - very old Victorian house! Now both my parents had things happen to them and both my siblings! One who refuses to be alone there.

my sister and I lived on the third floor (attic type rooms a joined) she was old enough to have a boyfriend and would stop at his house. Now every time she was out when I went to bed I heard talking in her bedroom and walking around etc. It was vile.

Everything would always go missing, I was clumsy and lost my stuff a lot. But it happened to my mam a lot and then she would find it in the middle of the floor.. or somewhere really stupid!

The most disgusting one which still fills me with terror to this day is .. I was in the bath reading Harry Potter nothing scary just reading .. my mind wasnā€™t wandering. + I heard a noise .. a tap or a gulp but didnā€™t think anything of it (I was focused on my book) and then it kept happening. Then right in my ear it was a VERY loud harsh whisper of my name, just *NAME* really loudly.
I ran out the bath/bathroom and down the stairs bollock naked screaming my head off (17 at the time) and my Mam still says to this day she has never seen me look so frightened.

i used to be in my room hear the front door go, my dad throw his keys on the kitchen table etc. I would rush down to see him ... no one there.

I have since moved out and my mam says she was washing the dishes and the back door opened and closed - the noise of the handle etc - and it shouted ā€˜mam Iā€™m homeā€™ in my voice - and she knew it wasnā€™t me as I live 200 miles away and she said she didnā€™t turn around because it had never used my voice before.

last one or ill be here all day. My dad doesnā€™t really believe in anything. He was in the living room one night and the main lampshade caught his eye .. it looked like it was moving .. and it started swinging (it has tassels on it) the ironed clothes on the back of the door started swinging and when he looked back to the lampshade ..a figure walked into the television.

my niece used to go half way up the stairs and whisper into the corner of the wall and when we were like what you doing get down - she said she was talking to the man.
šŸ˜‘
Please tell us more omg

A creepy story from DS forum:

I once temped at an extremely old Royal Institution in Holborn in London, which pre-dated the Great Fire of London.

The Building itself was built & rebuilt a number of time on the same spot & housed absolutely fascinating paintings of old Fellows of the Institution, dressed in 'Dick Turpin' style attire.

It also housed a pathology museum & lecturing halls which contained deformed fetuses in jars & all form of medical macabre'ness dating back centuries. Anyone who knows Holborn in any level of details already knows exactly where I'm talking about - and a quick google search will enlighten the rest of you you.

However, what may surprise people is that in the basement, is a Mortuary. If you donate your body to science, this is where you may end up - serving as a learning tool for visiting lecturers - who have accommodation in the levels above the museum.

My role was a very last minute Security Guard. Though I had absolutely no experience in Security at all, I was at a loose end & the temp who was supposed to be there 'let them down very badly at the last minute' - so I agreed to go in for their Graveyard Shift - knowing nothing about the place other than it's address.

It was easy money. I locked up a few doors separating the museum & lecturing halls from the accommodation part - and buzzed in a few visitors, stumbling in from the pubs after the 11pm 'curfew'. Apart from that, I sat on the net and made myself coffees all night.

Nothing remarkable happened the first night, and in the absence of another placement I agreed to stay on for a few weeks.

Thereafter, things started getting odd.

I'd be sitting on the security desk and my bag (which I'd popped under the desk) would vanish. Id later find it exactly where I left it. My coffee would move to the opposite side of desk. Shadows would appear in well lit places or appear to move.

I was quite prepared to put all of this down to my imagination until one night, just after I'd finish locking up the doors between the museum & accommodation - I went back to the Security Office to return the keys when something on the CCTV monitor caught my eye.

In the corridor I'd just locked (which was adjacent to the office) was a man dressed in 1800's garb, walking very calmly towards to dividing glass paneled doors. He was in his mid-to-late twenties and had very pale skin, but was otherwise very solid. Outfit asides, there wasn't anything otherworldly about him. As he approached the door, light shone through it on to him as if he were solid.

'Sh*!' I thought. 'I've locked someone in!' I thought - having no reason to think otherwise.

I grabbed the keys again and jogged out of the office towards the doors, called ahead

'I'm so sorry! I didn't realise anyone was still....'

My apology was cut dead however as a floor to ceiling column of really dense shadow emerged through the glass doors (almost like watching a rain storm on the horizon) and passed silently across the foyer.

I looked through the doors and saw noone. I looked back at the shadow & it continued very deliberately through the foyer to the guest bar area.

The column threw me, but I was still thinking I'd locked someone in. Maybe they'd seen the column and freaked out. But where to? The corridor was locked. As were all the rooms off the side of it. I'd just locked them.

I unlocked the dividing door and went back to check. One of the rooms was unlocked but was completely empty. The street lights from outside lit the room up to almost daytime brightness. Definitely no one there. An intruder maybe?

Having no experience of this I rang up my emergency 'Out of Hours Contact' - who was the Building Manager.

'I've locked someone in the museum - but I can't find them.'

To say he was pissed off was an understatement. Half an hour later, he arrived and we both carried out an extensive / fruitless search of the museum.

'But he was on CCTV!'

We rewound the tapes to the time I saw him - and saw nothing but a dense column of shadow pass in front of the screen.

The building manager left, seething that I'd woken him & gotten him to come in for nothing a worst - a shadow at most - and left me to sit out the rest of my shift alone. But I knew what I saw. It was a person. I could make out the detail on his outfit. His hairstyle. Eveything.

When the Accommodation Receptionist arrived at 7am, I decided to very nonchalantly ask her in a round about kinda way (so she wouldn't think I was mad) about the place.

'So, this place is really old, huh...' I ventured lamely 'Bet these walls could tell a few stories?'

She immediately shot back with -
'What have you seen? What happened'
'What do you mean?' I asked.
'You've seen something. That's why the other guy before you left in the middle of the night. That's why they all leave You're asking me for a reason, not out of the blue.' she said, seeing straight through my lame atempts at subterfuge.
'Well yeah...?' I said 'But I didn't actually think I was right?! What... what did I see?'

She went on to tell me how the place is notoriously haunted. (The unlocked room especially.) The guy before me (who's shift I'd covered at the last minute) had legged it in the middle of the night when he looked out of the security office and saw a woman in a floor length gown running across the foyer. As all our guests need passes, he ran after her so he could sight her pass.

'Excuse me?!' he yelled a number of times as she lifted the hem of her skirt and ran up the stair case, which wound it's way around the rear of the foyer.

As he reached the landing in the middle of the stair case and she neared the top - she vanished into thin air, right in front of him. He scarpered mid-shift and when he refused point-blank to ever return - so I was drafted in to fill his shift.

Admittedly, this did freak me out a little - but as I said in my last post, I'd had other supernatural experiences in the past - and what set this apart from those, is that I felt no sense of malevolence from what I'd seen. If it were a 'bad' spirit - you get a real feeling of 'this thing wants to cause me harm' - and I had no such feeling. Yeah, it was unsettling - but I was intrigued more than terified.

So I did return - and it was the start of what was one of the most fascinating experiences of my life.

The next time I saw it, a week or two later I was locking up the guest bar on the far side of the foyer. As I was about to exit - again a floor to ceiling column of shadow emerged from the museum corridor opposite & rushed towards me, in the darkened bar. There was nowhere to run except further back into the dark - or straight into it - so I stood rooted to the spot.

As it passed through me, it was extremely suddenly cold and felt like static electricity passing over me. (Like when you take clothes out of the dryer & pass them over your hair.) It litrally crackled as it passed through me.

Again, I didn't feel it was out to hurt me - but it definitely wanted acknowledgement that it was there. So I eventually caught my breath & said out loud...

'Seems like you want a drink even worse than I do!'

At that, there was a massive thud behind me in the dark.

My heart was almost beating through my chest at this point, but I called out

'Well, make yourself at home. Have one for me!' - so I walked out, locked the bar & went back to my desk on the far side of the foyer.

I sat staring into the bar, which seemed extremely dark now. A short while later - the column of shadow emerged out of the bar and edged into the centre of the foyer - as if it were eying me.

We stared each other out for about half an hour or so until the shadow eventually faded away.

This is far from the end of this story - but I'll continue it another time.
I need more from this! Where was this?!

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Not a creepy story I think itā€™s quite nice. I was always a non believer to be honest until this. And context we live 8hrs away from MiL
When my FiL died a friend gave me 1 of those necklaces that can hold some of the persons ashes. I took it home with me and put it in my bigger handbag so I knew where it was. 8 months later we decided to scatter his ashes in his favourite place. So packed cases etc but I took a smaller handbag. Realised half way into journey that Iā€™d forgotten this necklace. Got to her house, told her Iā€™d forgot it. Searched my little bag just in case. Nope Iā€™d left it at home
Morning of the scattering I opened my bag for something. And there, sitting on the top was the necklace. Nobody could believe it and I know 110% Iā€™d left it at my house. After that I started to believe there maybe something in the afterlife. Since then when Iā€™m feeling a bit off, Iā€™ll smell tobacco smoke (he was a smoker) itā€™s as if heā€™s checking up on me. I smelt it the day before my stroke, I think he was trying to warn me.

• Wow
Reactions: 19
OK so I have a couple of experiences but they're definitely not as interesting as what I've just read šŸ˜±

I work as a support worker for adults with disabilities. The unit has been converted into separate bungalows now but it used to be a care home. When doing night shifts myself and my colleagues regularly hear footsteps running up and down in the loft. In one of the bungalows, I've seen figures out of the corner of my eye that have vanished quickly. I've since found out that this particular bungalow used to be where some of the bedrooms were in the care home where residents received end of life care.

Just a little one - mine, my mum's, my sister's and my auntie's TV's all turned themselves off on the morning of my nan's funeral. All around the same time.

And my best one which didn't even happen to me! My husband is a taxi driver. One night he had dropped some customers off at a house situated right next to the graveyard where my grandad had been buried the year before. The customers had paid and got out of the car, my hubby was putting the fare in his money bag and looking at what his next job was when he said everything just went cold. Like so cold you could see your breath. Then, he felt a hand on his shoulder and somebody whispered his name in his ear. He sped off very quickly šŸ˜‚

Now my husband doesn't believe in this kind of stuff. I would have thought he was taking the piss but when he returned home and told me he was white as a sheet. I've never seen him so freaked out. And he wouldn't make a joke about my grandad as we were very close.

He has since refused to drop those customers off again šŸ˜‚

Iā€™ve had sleep paralysis itā€™s awful.
My middle son is 6 and he can tell me all about his past life to the point. Story never changes. He also tells me how he died in a fire and the birth mark on his back is like a burn šŸ˜³.
I was asleep last week and awoke to a book Iā€™d put on my drawers laid on the floor next to me. Iā€™m guessing someone threw it as a massive bang woke me up and then I found it.
Our house has started creeping me out for about 2 months though I get weird feelings every know and again like an urgency and it will be freezing cold then just go completely.
Can you tell us what heā€™s told you?

My mum had a moment when she was pregnant with me her and my dad had had an argument over something and she ended up sleeping downstairs in the living room she woke up about 4ish in the morning to see a little blonde haired boy sitting looking at her at first she thought it was my brother turns out it wasnt mum lost a few babies over the years 3 girls due to health issues and a little boy he was born 3 months to early.to this day she knows it was her son who passed away

Had a few moments like these over the years myself
Always remember it was a friday night and I was allowed to have a friend come over for dinner at the time I had a thing about washing up I must have been only 6 so I washed up my plate my mum was with me when I did this so I washed up my plate and put it on the plate airer rack thing to dry then I washed my tray up I had used for some reason after I put the tray on the airer the plate smashed it didnt fall on the floor I was sat in the little grooves of the air but it smashed and went everywhere thankfully no one was hurt.

A few years I must have been about 14 at the time it was about 3.30 in the morning I couldnt sleep Joy's of being a teenager and having the teenager worrys I laid there hoping to fall asleep at some point and someone or something called my name it freaked me out to say the least

After my nan passed away me and my mum went to mums old family home to be with my pap I was sat in the back garden by the pond my nan loved her little pond she had some fish in there anyways I was sat there upset missing my nan and I felt someone cuddle me at first I thought it was my mum turn around and no one as there. Me and mum think it was nan letting me know she was ok

Years later I got pregnant and had a wee stillborn baby a little boy šŸ„° I miss him every single day two days after he passed away I was in bed writing him a letter to go in his coffin and I felt a small warm shape sitting on the bed with me also after thr shape had moved the bed side lamp flicked only for a few seconds ā¤ but I believe it was him telling me am ok mummy my aunties and uncle are looking after me and I have found your other baby my dog and his taking care of me too. but one evening I was in the kitchen cooking dinner and felt someone tug on my shirt as I was cooking I dont have any other children again it was him causing mischief

Not long after my dog passed away I was in bed falling sleep when I felt him walking on my bed he was a big old fella and you new when he was on your bed with you

One last bit sorry my brother has had many and I mean many weird moment in his life first being he was in bed one night to see a women dressed in 1800 house maid clothing walking out of the cupboard

I could go on I will be back later at some point so share my work colleagues experience

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
Iā€™m not sure what to think of my story but I wondered if anyoneā€™s had a similar experience here goes

my grandad passed away at the end of November last year, I was very close to him, lived with him throughout my teenage years,

The morning he died I got a call at 7:00am from my dad saying grandads passed away If youā€™d like to say your goodbyes etc then come over (he wasnā€™t that blunt Iā€™m just shortening it!) itā€™s only a short walk and of course I left within 20 minutes, as I was on my way I bumped into an elderly couple, I didnā€™t notice them at first I was so upset, I turned my head behind me to say sorry and the man had my grandads face, my grandads exact face, he was smiling, didnā€™t say a word to me and I have no idea who the lady was (wasnā€™t my grandma as she was by grandads side at home and looked nothing like her) but honestly this warm feeling came over me just for a second, but it was so surreal, it was like it was him stood in front of me

of course when I got there he was laying in his bed, he had passed, looked peaceful & I kissed him on the forehead and didnā€™t mention what had happened to anyone as I didnā€™t want to seem like a freak

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I've got a few stories. We currently live in an old cottage and have regularly heard loud bangs from the bathroom.. I hate it in there. I don't know why but it really scares me in there. I sense a woman is telling me to get out. I thought maybe my mind was playing tricks on me until my friend said she thought my bathroom felt weird (this is before I had even told her about my own feelings).

When I first met my husband 15 years ago he lived in a house with his two best friends. I would go and visit and often stay over. The whole house made me absolutely terrified. If I needed the loo in the night I would make him come with me. He probably thought I was mad. I was there in the house one day on my own while he was at work. I was sat in the living room watching TV. And I could hear the toaster going up and down from the kitchen and I was definitely the only one there at the time. I told him how scared I was of the house and he kind of dismissed how I felt as he doesn't belive in any of that. Until one night the tv in his bedroom came on on its own in the middle of the night. That freaked us both out a bit. Years later, all the friends are now moved out of that house and have wives and kids etc. We all meet up quite regularly and one night we all got talking and everyone said how scared they were of that house. We have since found out that someone committed suicide in the house about 30 years ago. So who knows?! I can't explain it but I felt very very uncomfortable there.

I've got a few stories. We currently live in an old cottage and have regularly heard loud bangs from the bathroom.. I hate it in there. I don't know why but it really scares me in there. I sense a woman is telling me to get out. I thought maybe my mind was playing tricks on me until my friend said she thought my bathroom felt weird (this is before I had even told her about my own feelings).

When I first met my husband 15 years ago he lived in a house with his two best friends. I would go and visit and often stay over. The whole house made me absolutely terrified. If I needed the loo in the night I would make him come with me. He probably thought I was mad. I was there in the house one day on my own while he was at work. I was sat in the living room watching TV. And I could hear the toaster going up and down from the kitchen and I was definitely the only one there at the time. I told him how scared I was of the house and he kind of dismissed how I felt as he doesn't belive in any of that. Until one night the tv in his bedroom came on on its own in the middle of the night. That freaked us both out a bit. Years later, all the friends are now moved out of that house and have wives and kids etc. We all meet up quite regularly and one night we all got talking and everyone said how scared they were of that house. We have since found out that someone committed suicide in the house about 30 years ago. So who knows?! I can't explain it but I felt very very uncomfortable there.
I've got a few more, but sometimes I don't know whether I am just being crazy. I often sense things and am really tuned into people emotionally. So much so that other people's emotions have a real impact on me if that makes sense?! Who knows. It could all be in my head x

Last edited:

I've got a few more, but sometimes I don't know whether I am just being crazy. I often sense things and am really tuned into people emotionally. So much so that other people's emotions have a real impact on me if that makes sense?! Who knows. It could all be in my head x
Tell us more!

Reactions: 1
When my auntie died suddenly a few years ago. My uncle (her brother) was away on holiday with his respite carers. So he had no idea she had been taken into hospital or died, due to it all happening so quickly. When he was returning home all the other siblings was at the house ready to sit him down & tell him. When they said they had something to tell him he replied with ā€˜I already know tracey has died she came to tell me in my dream that she was goingā€™ he then went on to describe what she was wearing. And it was everything her sisters had pick out & dropped off at the funeral home that morning for her to get buried inšŸ˜®

• Wow
Reactions: 16
I have a few stories, they all happened in my old bedroom in my mums house. This bedroom had a horrible vibe, really depressing and my mental health was horrific until I moved out of that house and itā€™s significantly improved. I was about 8/9 having a birthday sleepover with 7 of my friends and it must of been about midnight, possibly later, and this black hand came round the door and slammed it shut. We all saw it and started screaming, we eventually got up the courage to go and see my mum because we were scared and it took us so long to wake her up. I kept tapping her and saying her name and she just wouldnā€™t wake up. It was like she had been drugged. My dad didnā€™t wake up either and nor did my brother and we were all being so loud.
Another story happened when I was 16, I was getting ready for school and I was looking in the mirror putting my makeup on and the hair at the front of head felt like it was being pulled forward from behind my ear and I could see it happening in the mirror. I just ran out of the room as quick as I could and refused to go back up there, no one believed me.
I had a radiator cover and used to keep my makeup on there and some pictures and stuff always used to fall off it, but like someone was pushing it off. It was never near the edge and it was neat but things would always come off. The corner of my room by the radiator cover always used to scare me, when the light was off it was always like you could feel eyes on you coming from that corner, it felt like a male presence and even my cousin and boyfriend said the exact same to me without me saying anything. I have a picture of my boyfriend stood in front of the corner and thereā€™s two orbs around him

• Wow
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.