True Ghost Stories #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm glad you are enjoying my posts. I will post some more of my experiences tomorrow, I just need to look back at what I've posted in this thread and the previous one so I'm not repeating myself.
šŸ‘»

Reactions: 15
Not really a ghost story as such and I canā€™t remember If Iā€™ve previously posted it but itā€™s interesting.
My husbands grandad passed away in hospital, his dad went back to his grandads house after and his big grandfather clock had stopped at his grandads time of death. It was working 6 hours beforehand as his dad went to pick up some essentials for him and itā€™s noisy so you couldnā€™t miss it.
Same thing happened with my next door neighbour. The clock chimed every hour and was so loud I could hear it through the wall (semi detached house). It stopped the night he died and the wife never attempted to have it fixed.

Reactions: 14
Not really a ghost story as such and I canā€™t remember If Iā€™ve previously posted it but itā€™s interesting.
My husbands grandad passed away in hospital, his dad went back to his grandads house after and his big grandfather clock had stopped at his grandads time of death. It was working 6 hours beforehand as his dad went to pick up some essentials for him and itā€™s noisy so you couldnā€™t miss it.
When my Nan & Granddad died we put their clock in our house, itā€™d keep stopping at the time Nana died & chime. In the end my mum put it in the shed. Itā€™d still bong sometimes. Fast forward 25 years, I have a son who loves clocks so I ask mum for the old clock. Sure enough it keeps stopping and chiming. I put it in the loft (where we sleep) after a while and it randomly kept going off. In the end one night I go ā€œNana I hear you but please just give over!!ā€ And it stopped. Not heard it since!

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
So Iā€™m a medium, the strangest thing happened to me once when I was giving a reading. So normally when I give a reading I get imagines in my head like when you imagine when you read and book or sentences to relay. But this time the gentleman decided to show himself as a reflection in my patio door and the more I gave the reading the stronger his reflection was getting until I could actually see him in my kitchen. I ended the reading as the spirit took it too far and that was out of my comfort zone

• Wow
Reactions: 23
When my Nan & Granddad died we put their clock in our house, itā€™d keep stopping at the time Nana died & chime. In the end my mum put it in the shed. Itā€™d still bong sometimes. Fast forward 25 years, I have a son who loves clocks so I ask mum for the old clock. Sure enough it keeps stopping and chiming. I put it in the loft (where we sleep) after a while and it randomly kept going off. In the end one night I go ā€œNana I hear you but please just give over!!ā€ And it stopped. Not heard it since!
That's so nice, a sign from your loved ones. She wanted you to know it was her!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I'm pretty sure I've not told this story about my dad on the previous thread, it's not a ghost story, but it's an odd one.

My dad had a kinetic wrist watch that he'd had for years (it worked by being on your wrist, so didn't run on a battery or need winding). Anyway, he got diagnosed with cancer, but was still extremely active, he used to walk to the local shop every day, wash up, do gardening and we'd take him to visit my mum in hospital.

One day, a couple of weeks after his diagnosis, his watch stopped working and he asked me to get a new battery for it (he'd forgotten it was kinetic, but he was 93). I had it in my bag for a few days before taking it to have a new battery put in, took it out of my bag at the shop to find it was working. The watch battery man said it was kinetic and it was fine. Gave the watch back to my dad, and it stopped working within a couple of hours.

Dad gave me the watch to take in to the watch man again, same thing happened, watch worked perfectly in my bag then stopped when I gave it back to Dad; this happened a few times, and in the end we just bought him a new watch.

My mum died in hospital about 10 days after his diagnosis, and he started going downhill a few weeks later. He had to be admitted to hospital 3 times in the space of a fortnight, and the third time he was admitted, they didn't think he'd make it through the weekend, but he did. He was in hospital for 2 and a half weeks, or thereabouts, and a couple of times he'd get very freaked out as he was convinced my mum was there in the room with him. He used to say that he knew she was dead, but she kept sitting on his bed which would make him sit on the chair as he didn't like it; he even made me take the photo of my mum that used to be next to his bed at home, that I'd taken into hospital for him, back home as he couldn't bear to look at it!

My dad died 9 weeks and 2 days after my mum, and I kept his kinetic watch. Three months after he died, I became very ill and nearly died. I knew I was very ill and decided to wear his watch as I thought that if it stopped working on me, then I'd know I wasn't going to make it; it was also comforting because it felt like he was holding my hand. I was left with health problems and classed as vulnerable when the pandemic started, and when I caught covid, with a secondary chest infection in top of it, I again wore his watch so that I could reassure myself that I'd get through it.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
So weird night last night, Iā€™m suffering from insomnia & last night was the first night in a long time Iā€™ve actually gone to sleep before 2-3am, it was 1.47am (looked on my phone) I was woken up by creaking on my stairs, I left my bedroom door open, I was lying in bed listening to it thinking I had been broken into, (live on my own) grabbed a hammer I keep at the side of the bed, went downstairs nothing, got back into bed & a few minutes later it started again, I put my earphones in & listened to music & did drift off back to sleep, but Iā€™ve had weird things happen like in a previous thread Iā€™ve had a knock at my bedroom door before now, once when my children were here & then again when was on my own, itā€™s starting to really freak me out now!

• Wow
Reactions: 12
So weird night last night, Iā€™m suffering from insomnia & last night was the first night in a long time Iā€™ve actually gone to sleep before 2-3am, it was 1.47am (looked on my phone) I was woken up by creaking on my stairs, I left my bedroom door open, I was lying in bed listening to it thinking I had been broken into, (live on my own) grabbed a hammer I keep at the side of the bed, went downstairs nothing, got back into bed & a few minutes later it started again, I put my earphones in & listened to music & did drift off back to sleep, but Iā€™ve had weird things happen like in a previous thread Iā€™ve had a knock at my bedroom door before now, once when my children were here & then again when was on my own, itā€™s starting to really freak me out now!
You could sage the house, or just tell them to go away you can do this in your head or out load. For protection I picture a golden or white light around myself.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
You could sage the house, or just tell them to go away you can do this in your head or out load. For protection I picture a golden or white light around myself.
My dad is a Jehovahā€™s Witness
He told me to say the name Jehovah out loud if I was scared or one time when I thought we had a ghost
He says they donā€™t like the name Jehovah
I did use to shout ā€˜go away in the name of Jehovahā€™ out loud and things are ok now
Maybe try it xx

Reactions: 11
Everything I've read has said you should be polite but firm, remain sympathetic. Do not get angry. State boundaries.

Reactions: 4
So I believe my dad's house is haunted, it's got a definite energy about it.

When I was around 13/14 my dad had ordered me stuff out a catalogue which was in a box on my bedroom floor. I was sat firmly on my bed and crossed legged, when all of a sudden the box just slid across the flooršŸ˜©. To say I was petrified is an understatement. I quickly got up and went to straight to the living room. I didn't scream because I thought if something is there, I don't want to set it of. I begged my dad for ages to move but 18 year's later and he's still there.

Whoever it was clearly meant no harm and as that room used to be my grans, I sometimes wonder if it was her.

My dad has lived in that house around 30+ years now and his mum untill she passed away in the early 90s. We don't know who stayed in the house previous either.

Something freaky(I think so anyway) is the fact my dad's house is built on a hill and so, when they've built it, it's been built higher up to be in line with the other houses(hope that makes sense). In my old bedroom there's a square panel on the flooring which can be unscrewed and pop a set of ladders down, you can literally walk through the entire size of the house but downstairs šŸ˜± it's not like a little seller, it's practically a whole house down there. We've never been down but I do remember work men going down once when we got new heating. Always wondered the history of down there too.

Just this weekend I had to go to my dad's to drop the girl's of for summer holidays(he lives in Scotland and us England) I dread staying. I'm really scared of that house and like I just said I can feel an energy there which I can't quite explain.

We slept in my dad's room which just feels cold and empty but is also the biggest room in the house. I knew I'd struggle to sleep because I'd be constantly fearing but nevertheless I fell off. I can't remember if I'd heard something or what but I suddenly woke up, looked at bottom of the bed and there was a guy about 4/5ft tall,bald and wearing an orangeish checked shirt and I wanna say cream cargo type trousers. He wasn't looking directly at me but that put the shitters right up me. I ended up on couch that night. That was Thursday night!

Fast forward to Saturday driving home and having told my partner about what I'd seen(he thinks I'm haunted and he's a bit of a skeptic) he told me that Saturday night he slept with the bedroom door open(I was out sat night) and had a dream about that exact man that I'd seen plus someone else who he couldn't quite make out, and a blue spirit(don't know if this means anything) said that they were protecting us from a bad spirit that was therešŸ˜³. It's somewhat comforting to know we were being protected by something that isn't nice but nonetheless I'm still tit scared šŸ˜©šŸ˜©.

I have a feeling that the bad spirit or the menace one is the exact one who torments my sister. I had a guy from a spiritualist church come out to the house to help my sister who lives there. He said there is a guy there who torments my sister because he feeds of her energy and knows she's scared. He said there's 5 spirits there in total.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
Plenty of protection. We have spirit guides. And we have the Earth itself, of course. When you're scared listen to Schumann resonance (Earth's heartbeat) or a Root chakra healing music/guided meditation. Breathe deeply and repeat the mantra 'I am safe' either out loud or in your mind. If you can, recall a time when you felt relaxed and happy in nature. Try to visualise as strongly as you can and tap into positive emotions. A popular meditation is to imagine sending roots down into the earth's core and releasing fear.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Want to tell you about my experiences.

Me and my grandad were v close. He adored me and I him. He'd have me up on his shoulders when I was a younger child. He'd tease me and play with me. Have my favourite foods got for me especially when I visit. Take me on trips.
When he died I was devastated. I was like 8. I cried and cried.
One night he appeared on my bed. I was terrified at first. I could hear him saying don't be scared. I felt this love and a very safe feeling. I no longer felt scared. Just v loved and protected. He was saying goodbye to me and he loves me so much and he will always look after me. He actually spoke to me like he did with his own voice when he was alive. He came to say goodbye.
Then he was gone. I always feel he's looking after me.

I seen a woman standing in my bedroom crying she was really sad and felt like she was really heart broken to me. She was wearing a wedding dress standing looking out my bedroom window with tears streaming down her face. Then she turned and looked at me. I was terrified. I threw the bed covers over my head and curled into a ball trying to wish myself asleep

No clue who this lady was. Maybe someone previous in the past who lived there or further back. Connected still to the property.
Never seen her again after that.

I seen a ghost in bright daylight outside.
I was with some family and some other people in a garden area outside.
Right ahead of me there was a figure standing in front of me with a hooded cloak over their head. Couldn't see a face the hood covered it. Could just see a finger going up to where their mouth would be and going sssh. Then it walked and straight through the hedge and flowers that were to the side without moving a leaf. The figure was solid looking. You could see it just pass through the hedge.

It was a bright sunny day. Everyone was looking out where I was looking where this figure was stood but it was like they couldn't see it. So definitely a ghost I think.

Many people were looking past and through this exact spot where the ghost was stood but it was like they didn't see this figure there at all. U know acting strangely.

I was 9 or 10.

They say children can see more than adults. I believe that's why I was more receptive to seeing all that. In my adult life I haven't seen any ghosts. I've felt things and heard things and seen figures out of the corner of my eye.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
This is probably just a strange coincidence but itā€™s a bit weirdā€¦ for 4 nights in a row earlier this week I had a dream interrupt another dream; somebody would knock on my front door quite abruptly (in the dream) and then I would wake up and think it had happened in real life as it was so loud and clear. This happened at the same time each night, 4am on the dot. The first couple of nights I went for a wander round the house to make sure nothing had made the noise, but there was nothing out of place.

On the 5th night I didnā€™t have the dream, slept soundly and woke up the next morning to find that my car had been broken into and theyā€™d used a key they found in there (for my mumā€™s house) to try and get in our front door. The doorbell footage shows it happened at 4am. Some sort of strange premonition?

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
This is probably just a strange coincidence but itā€™s a bit weirdā€¦ for 4 nights in a row earlier this week I had a dream interrupt another dream; somebody would knock on my front door quite abruptly (in the dream) and then I would wake up and think it had happened in real life as it was so loud and clear. This happened at the same time each night, 4am on the dot. The first couple of nights I went for a wander round the house to make sure nothing had made the noise, but there was nothing out of place.

On the 5th night I didnā€™t have the dream, slept soundly and woke up the next morning to find that my car had been broken into and theyā€™d used a key they found in there (for my mumā€™s house) to try and get in our front door. The doorbell footage shows it happened at 4am. Some sort of strange premonition?
Wow thatā€™s freaky! I hope you are ok.

• Heart
Reactions: 10

That's weird! Almost like someone warning you. Maybe a loved one is keeping a look out and forewarning u through your dreams x

• Heart
Reactions: 14
So Iā€™m a medium, the strangest thing happened to me once when I was giving a reading. So normally when I give a reading I get imagines in my head like when you imagine when you read and book or sentences to relay. But this time the gentleman decided to show himself as a reflection in my patio door and the more I gave the reading the stronger his reflection was getting until I could actually see him in my kitchen. I ended the reading as the spirit took it too far and that was out of my comfort zone
I hope you don't mind me replying directly, but I've been wanting to have a reading for awhile but I'm not at all sure how to go about it ā€“ there seem to be so many scammers. Sorry if it's off-topic, but do you have any recommendations on how best to find someone trustworthy?

I'm certainly not looking for someone to solve all my problems, but I feel such a lack of clarity at the moment and my usual more practical ways of working through problems don't seem to be helping ā€“ there just always seems to be another obstacle!

Reactions: 7
That's weird! Almost like someone warning you. Maybe a loved one is keeping a look out and forewarning u through your dreams x
This was my first thought, but it seems that by waking me up for days they made me too tired to wake up for the main event šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I remeber one night in my late teens. I was in my room watching a comedy dvd, my bedroom was next to the bathroom. After the film finished i went to get a drink, as i opened the door an exact solid shaped shadow of my dad was standing at the top of the stairs. My dad was ill with cancer at the time and i remember being cross with him walking up the stairs in the dark. I walked passed him in a huff and went downstairs. When i opened the lounge door to tell my mum what dad had being doing, i saw he was infact snoring on the other sofa. I was gobsmacked. There is only way way into our lounge from upstairs so he couldn't have passed me. He died two weeks later.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 21