True Ghost Stories #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wish you could share the gangster's name as seeing his face would make it even more spookier where you said he looked at her really angrily and she got spooked to the point she packed her bits up.

I'm wondering if she did something that made him really angry before he passed away or maybe even behind his back that he was really annoyed with her about? Not meaning that in any offensive way meant to her, but it's weird he looked at her with so much anger and hatred.
This is what I'm wondering. Perhaps she was doing something that since he's found out since he passed over he's disapproved of. If he was trying to fake his death, he wouldn't be around the same area as I've seen before on documentaries gangsters have had to move away and change identities even to avoid their past. As the op said, the lady even identified the body. It's also the way she saw him sat on the bench and he instinctively looked up at her and stared from looking down at the ground. I know many passengers look up when waiting on a platform and look into a train but it seems too perfect that both their gazes met. I definitely think it was something paranormal personally 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 12
Strange that he would be sat at a random train station though.
I don't know if you've listened to Yvette Fieldings paranormal podcast but one of the listeners submitted in a story about how she and her husband were driving round a bend and they both clear as day saw her deceased dad. They drove back to look for him and he wasn't there. Another listener said they were a passenger in a car going down a motorway and saw a woman in 00's clothing walking down the side of the motorway with no shoes on and the person said they asked the driver did you see that lady, is that lady okay as she is wearing no shoes and walking down the side of the motorway. Driver didn't see the lady and the person researched and saw a woman died in the 00's along that road around the same time of the year the passenger saw her.

Another story put in to the Danny Robbins Uncanny podcast was a lady who saw her dead friend that passed away of cancer stood on a hill looking at her. That's my personal theory.

Reactions: 14
Strange that he would be sat at a random train station though.
Yes i thought that too, another part of me wonders if the ghost or doppelgänger or whatever it was knew she would be there and was deliberately trying to scare her. He was not a nice man towards the end of their relationship, using drugs and abusing her, maybe it was a warning shot from beyond the grave.

its so funny the reaction ive had to this story ive never really shared it with anyone in case people thought i was a bit mad!! I havent worked with this woman in probably 8 or so years now but ever since I brought it up again its really been playing on my mind

I wish you could share the gangster's name as seeing his face would make it even more spookier where you said he looked at her really angrily and she got spooked to the point she packed her bits up.

I'm wondering if she did something that made him really angry before he passed away or maybe even behind his back that he was really annoyed with her about? Not meaning that in any offensive way meant to her, but it's weird he looked at her with so much anger and hatred.
I so wish I could share his name and pic but it just really wouldnt be fair on colleague, i barely know the woman anymore !! Hope she doesn’t read here.

as I say I wonder if it was a bit like a supernatural parting shot, to say “I’m always watching”, afaik she never saw or heardanything unusual after that. I am going to message her and ask about it but havent plucked up the courage yet, imagine a random old colleague messaging you out Of the blue over an anecdote about your abusive ex you told her 10 years ago !!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
On more than 1 occasion when I’ve been in the shower I’ve heard voices or banging outside the bathroom door, thinking it was 1 of the kids I’d shout “get back to bed” or “what do you want” . When I’ve got out minutes later there’s no one there and the kids are fast asleep. Probably my mind playing tricks.

the night my great grandma died, my mum said she had this dream where she visited her and said goodbye. Nothing like that has ever happened to me but I think I’d find it comforting.

I love to read ghost stories and watch paranormal tv shows, did anyone watch strange but true in the 90s? Scared the hell out of me but I loved it!

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Yes i thought that too, another part of me wonders if the ghost or doppelgänger or whatever it was knew she would be there and was deliberately trying to scare her. He was not a nice man towards the end of their relationship, using drugs and abusing her, maybe it was a warning shot from beyond the grave.

its so funny the reaction ive had to this story ive never really shared it with anyone in case people thought i was a bit mad!! I havent worked with this woman in probably 8 or so years now but ever since I brought it up again its really been playing on my mind

I so wish I could share his name and pic but it just really wouldnt be fair on colleague, i barely know the woman anymore !! Hope she doesn’t read here.

as I say I wonder if it was a bit like a supernatural parting shot, to say “I’m always watching”, afaik she never saw or heardanything unusual after that. I am going to message her and ask about it but havent plucked up the courage yet, imagine a random old colleague messaging you out Of the blue over an anecdote about your abusive ex you told her 10 years ago !!
Maybe not the best idea to bring up old wounds then..

Reactions: 7
I really like this thread because people can share their experiences without getting insulted, which sadly happens on many forums. I'll share two of my favourite experiences.

Some of you may know that I am involved in paranormal investigation, and I have been for more years than I like to remember these days. We were filming once in an old prison in Aberdeenshire. We were hearing some noises and I was getting frustrated because members of the crew were moving about, one was even crunching on a mint which was being picked up on the sound equipment. Everyone settled and suddenly a man walked by the door. He was no taller than 5ft tall, with brown tweed trousers, white shirt, a tweed waistcoat on and a matching flat cap. I charged after him thinking he was a member of staff just to say to stay still for a moment. The room was a dead end and he was nowhere to be seen. The curator later told us that he was a common sighting and despite the building being an old prison (where you might expect clanking chains and ghostly prisoners from the past haunting it), in fact it was said he was a member of staff in the 1930s when the building was used for council storage and died in the building.

Another one was in Inveraray Jail, we weren't filming as it was a private investigation but a member of my team was dragged up six stairs on a narrow and steep staircase. He was walking up the stairs behind me and suddenly there was a commotion and I saw him go up the stairs basically sideways without making any contact with them. The poor guy was traumatized by it. When we finished the investigation and went back to the hotel he slept on a chair in someone else's room because he didn't want to be alone. He left the team soon after as well.

I'd never seen any sort of physical interactions from spirits before that but not long after that I saw the aftermath of someone getting scratched in the Blair Street area of the Edinburgh Vaults, a good 15 inch scratch down the back of their leg.

I could go on but I've probably bored you all enough already haha.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
I'll keep it brief (Ish) :LOL:

- On the RRS Discovery in Dundee we had small bits of coal thrown at us, about twenty all together. When asking the manager who was with us if there was coal on the ship he said there was paper mache coal for part of the museum display but no real coal, but this was definitely real. I still have the piece that hit me.

- We did table tipping within the Edinburgh Vaults on the same night the guy was scratched. At one point, with four of us doing the experiment, all four legs of the table lifted off the ground with just our fingertips on the table for a good six seconds.

- In the same old prison in Aberdeenshire we were having a coffee break in the entrance hall but from upstairs in the cells we heard incredibly loud banging and it turned out all the cell doors had slammed shut.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
I must book a tour of Peterhead Prison. I’ve heard lots of good reports.

Anyone sensitive care to have a guess on where I’ve put the concert tickets? I’ve put them somewhere safe and now can’t find them. I also put a bundle of £20 notes somewhere safe a couple of months back and now have no idea where (I may have had a few wines).

Reactions: 8
I must book a tour of Peterhead Prison. I’ve heard lots of good reports.

Anyone sensitive care to have a guess on where I’ve put the concert tickets? I’ve put them somewhere safe and now can’t find them. I also put a bundle of £20 notes somewhere safe a couple of months back and now have no idea where (I may have had a few wines).
Peterhead Prison is not far from me, I've done an investigation in there with fascinating results. Although you do get some odd looks when you say you've spent the night in Peterhead Prison! It is a really interesting location.

Reactions: 9
I really like this thread because people can share their experiences without getting insulted, which sadly happens on many forums. I'll share two of my favourite experiences.

Some of you may know that I am involved in paranormal investigation, and I have been for more years than I like to remember these days. We were filming once in an old prison in Aberdeenshire. We were hearing some noises and I was getting frustrated because members of the crew were moving about, one was even crunching on a mint which was being picked up on the sound equipment. Everyone settled and suddenly a man walked by the door. He was no taller than 5ft tall, with brown tweed trousers, white shirt, a tweed waistcoat on and a matching flat cap. I charged after him thinking he was a member of staff just to say to stay still for a moment. The room was a dead end and he was nowhere to be seen. The curator later told us that he was a common sighting and despite the building being an old prison (where you might expect clanking chains and ghostly prisoners from the past haunting it), in fact it was said he was a member of staff in the 1930s when the building was used for council storage and died in the building.

Another one was in Inveraray Jail, we weren't filming as it was a private investigation but a member of my team was dragged up six stairs on a narrow and steep staircase. He was walking up the stairs behind me and suddenly there was a commotion and I saw him go up the stairs basically sideways without making any contact with them. The poor guy was traumatized by it. When we finished the investigation and went back to the hotel he slept on a chair in someone else's room because he didn't want to be alone. He left the team soon after as well.

I'd never seen any sort of physical interactions from spirits before that but not long after that I saw the aftermath of someone getting scratched in the Blair Street area of the Edinburgh Vaults, a good 15 inch scratch down the back of their leg.

This is absolutely fascinating to me, id love to hear more

Reactions: 7
Not really a ghost story as such and I can’t remember If I’ve previously posted it but it’s interesting.
My husbands grandad passed away in hospital, his dad went back to his grandads house after and his big grandfather clock had stopped at his grandads time of death. It was working 6 hours beforehand as his dad went to pick up some essentials for him and it’s noisy so you couldn’t miss it.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
This has just happened today…. I was in town with my mam walking into the pound shop and a ld guy was walking out I thought oh it( friends name here) dad was about to turn to my mam and say and she said I thought that was (friends name here) dad…thing is my friends dad died over a year ago… same thing happened to me years ago when another friends dad died I seen him bold as day walking through the town

• Wow
Loving all these stories but the Alasdair Crowley ones really freak me out.Im pretty sure Jimmy Saville was a big fan of his and practiced his black magic

Reactions: 8
Absolutely not! The more the better.

Loving all these stories but the Alasdair Crowley ones really freak me out.Im pretty sure Jimmy Saville was a big fan of his and practiced his black magic
Occult stuff always freaks me out a bit but it's my go to genre for reading. Fiction, not the real deal. Occultism and Aleister Crowley is some serious tit. that's not ghost stories.

I was reading recently that the actress Jayne Mansfield was dabbling in the Satanism and was friends with a rather odd character called Anton LaVey.

I've never done the Ouija board either because I thought it would freak me out too much if it moved.

My Mum used to dabble in it before I was born ( in the mid 60's) and had friends over to do it. My Dad never approved and would go out. Apparently, one night it all went a bit wrong and my Mum and her friends never went near it again. I was never told what happened other than one of the women went very strange and they couldn't bring her out of it for ages. Mum also used to have psychic nights too. She was obviously quite into it at one stage until the night with the Ouija.

What is odd is that my Mum was very religious so I'm surprised she went near it at all.

Last edited:
Reactions: 17
Love this thread ☺ I’ve always been interested in the supernatural and watch a lot of paranormal shows too! Not a ghost story as such but I visited a very old tourist attraction, in one of the older parts of the building there were some very narrow stone steps and as I went to step down I automatically went to lift up the bottom of my dress then realised I was wearing jeans 🤷🏼‍♀️ I’m not sure if that was a past life memory or a sort of residual haunting but I felt a bit strange after, I’d love to know what I actually experienced!

• Wow
Not really a ghost story as such and I can’t remember If I’ve previously posted it but it’s interesting.
My husbands grandad passed away in hospital, his dad went back to his grandads house after and his big grandfather clock had stopped at his grandads time of death. It was working 6 hours beforehand as his dad went to pick up some essentials for him and it’s noisy so you couldn’t miss it.
This happens so much it seems, the same happened to my parents' clock that they inherited from my mum's dad (before he died), took it into the shop (the clock was very old so they thoguht it was just a coincidence) to get it repaired, nothing wrong with it at all , it had just stopped

Reactions: 10
I’m very spooked by old clocks and old mirrors. Something about the things they have seen/ been active during.

Reactions: 13