True Ghost Stories #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A continuation this thread.

True stories of our own experiences are best but any article or documentaries/programmes that may be of interest welcome. Also seriously creepy places you've visited.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
So something creepy happened to me tonight, lying in bed talking to a friend on FaceTime, nobody else in the house, all of a sudden I heard a knock on my bedroom door, she heard it as well, I did pluck up the courage to check & made sure everywhere was locked but this isn’t the first time it’s happened either, really strange.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 26
So something creepy happened to me tonight, lying in bed talking to a friend on FaceTime, nobody else in the house, all of a sudden I heard a knock on my bedroom door, she heard it as well, I did pluck up the courage to check & made sure everywhere was locked but this isn’t the first time it’s happened either, really strange.
Same thing happened to me last night! I started to drift to sleep and heard a knock at what I thought was on my bedroom door, but then I realised after more knocking that my neighbours were ‘at it’ 😂😂
Really creeped me out at first!

• Haha
Reactions: 34
I was creeped out late last night with a tapping on my upstairs bedroom window.

Turns out my husband had forgotten his keys when he took the dog out and didn’t want to ring the bell and waken the kids. He was throwing small stones up at the window 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 28
I love a good ghost story!
My childhood friends house had a spirit of what they assume to be her stepfather, he died unexpectedly in his 40s and loved watching only fools and horses

The electrics sometimes cut out a few months after he passed, they would come back on after a few seconds and the TV would be playing only fools and horses 😂her mother took comfort in this which was nice and would put a bottle of his favourite beer on the sofa where he would sit and watch it before.

Also I got a reading from a medium a few years ago whilst my SIL was pregnant, she told me the baby would have to spend some time in hospital and need extra help. ( I was very sceptical of this, first time seeing a medium) but my nephew was born with a hole on his heart and has downs syndrome but he had an operation for his heart and is fine now 😇

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Same thing happened to me last night! I started to drift to sleep and heard a knock at what I thought was on my bedroom door, but then I realised after more knocking that my neighbours were ‘at it’ 😂😂
Really creeped me out at first!
don't know which scenario is worse :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 12
My childhood friend lived in a really old house and the whole family would regularly hear footsteps upstairs when there was nobody up there. She had loads of stories about balls being thrown, toys being moved etc but it was a long time before she actually saw anything.
Eventually she started to see a little girl, hiding at first as if she was trying to figure out whether the family were friendly. As time went on she would show herself more and more, mainly to the children but eventually to their parents too. None of them were scared, the parents still live there now and talk about her like she’s one of the family.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 39
Back in the early 90's, through work, I had to go to Friern Hospital in Colney Hatch, London. It was a an old Victorian Asylum and had previously been known as Conley hatch Lunatic Asylum. I went there a few times when it was operation and I always found it a creepy place. It has the longest corridor in Europe.

Anyway, the place closed in 1993 and stood empty awaiting development. I was called there because there was some structural issues and I was to meet a colleague there and the security man. It was one of those early winters evening at about 4.30 so getting dark. I got there and couldn't see anyone but the main door was open. I went inside and started walking through looking for the security guy. I walked through a couple of corridors and past some offices .I didn't get very far when I was just so overcome with an urge to get out that I literally ran back outside. A really weird sense of forbodding came over me. I didn't see anything but It was just so creeped out I literally ran back to my car. It just felt very dark inside there.

The main building is still there and it was turned into luxury apartments that had various celebs live in them from time to time but I would never in a million years have bought one. the residual energy in that building must be off the scale.

friern-hospital-6da7de2e-ad4e-4c0f-a0ae-4e9ae5763c7-resize-750.jpeg

images.jpeg

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
Back in the early 90's, through work, I had to go to Friern Hospital in Colney Hatch, London. It was a an old Victorian Asylum and had previously been known as Conley hatch Lunatic Asylum. I went there a few times when it was operation and I always found it a creepy place. It has the longest corridor in Europe.

Anyway, the place closed in 1993 and stood empty awaiting development. I was called there because there was some structural issues and I was to meet a colleague there and the security man. It was one of those early winters evening at about 4.30 so getting dark. I got there and couldn't see anyone but the main door was open. I went inside and started walking through looking for the security guy. I walked through a couple of corridors and past some offices .I didn't get very far when I was just so overcome with an urge to get out that I literally ran back outside. A really weird sense of forbodding came over me. I didn't see anything but It was just so creeped out I literally ran back to my car. It just felt very dark inside there.

The main building is still there and it was turned into luxury apartments that had various celebs live in them from time to time but I would never in a million years have bought one. the residual energy in that building must be off the scale.

View attachment 1333565

View attachment 1333566
my grandparents (well, 1 set of them) worked here, as did my uncle until it closed!
They have all gone now, I wish I could have got some stories for you all!

Reactions: 21

View attachment 1333565

View attachment 1333566
I wonder if the writers of https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bedlam_(2011_TV_series) bought a place there!!! 😳

Reactions: 9
Hi newbie here, I swear I saw a woman in the hallway of our Air bnb rental in Edinburgh, it was after a heavy night and the place was spooky. I was scared staying there and had nightmares and got myself all in a hooha. I don't know how convinced I am that I wasn't sleep walking though.

I've seen some weird stuff on the wards though, I used to be a nurse, and I think there's something in it but I remain sceptical. Even though I saw someone who shouldn't have been there tucking a patient in and the Sister got the ward exorcised, which we all held hands and did in the linen cupboard. Whereby I had an uncontrollable, hysterical giggling fit with snorting and tears because I'm standing in a 2metre by 1metre linen cupboard holding hands in a circle with a priest and everything about it is too funny.

Lots of asylums were turned in to flats, there's one in Maidstone and I think one in Shooters Hill, just to my knowledge. I bet there's some stories, even if it's really just people getting the willies. Anyone's imagination can play tricks with enough stimuli .

The only time I've felt a bit scared was in Edinburgh though.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
My mum had a house in a village which she used to rent out.
And people who didn't know each other, would leave a notes saying: "are you aware you have a ghost?" and one note said said "oh we lost out baby monitor, would you mind looking out for it?" And the baby monitor was right next to the note...
Once, my dad was away for work, and my mum was in the house by herself, and she had this big vase, on a big dressing table, and it fell and smashed when my mum was in bed. Then the dogs started barking... It was definitely haunted.

Reactions: 23
I used to follow someone on TikTok that lives in the grounds of an asylum, it was stunning and he claimed to live in what was the old morgue. He quickly started posting that it was haunted but he did turn out to be a fake.

Interesting place to live all the same.

Reactions: 12
@Blue_Mermaid_ reading your story just got me wondering more, will you share some more stories please?
OK, so this is quite hard to talk about. Since I was a toddler I had things happen, my mum said I was babbling to some unseen entity. Things would move about around my bedroom causing a racket and there was no explanation. My dad gave me books on the occult when i was around 10 and I soaked them up like sponges. I am still a follower of Aleister Crowley and practice things within reason. I've learned my lesson not to push things.

@Blue_Mermaid_ reading your story just got me wondering more, will you share some more stories please?
Also, I'm very much into Anton Lavey and Kenneth Anger.

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
OK, so this is quite hard to talk about. Since I was a toddler I had things happen, my mum said I was babbling to some unseen entity. Things would move about around my bedroom causing a racket and there was no explanation. My dad gave me books on the occult when i was around 10 and I soaked them up like sponges. I am still a follower of Aleister Crowley and practice things within reason. I've learned my lesson not to push things.

Also, I'm very much into Anton Lavey and Kenneth Anger.
Oh wow, that sounds scary. Have you had any experiences while being a follower of Aleister Crowley? Sorry if you don’t want to get into it, I’m just really intrigued by it all. I’m going to have to look up some more on all this

Reactions: 10
Yes, I have had many things happen. Worst thing was my kitchen table which is solid oak, go flying against the wall. I've definitely got stronger at controlling things but I don't perform any rituals any more. I've had shadow people in the house, now, my husband was a skeptic until he met me and it's actually caused a lot of tension in our marriage. He went white as a sheet around 8 years ago and looked visibly disturbed. He said he'd seen shadow people.

• Wow
Reactions: 22
Yes, I have had many things happen. Worst thing was my kitchen table which is solid oak, go flying against the wall. I've definitely got stronger at controlling things but I don't perform any rituals any more. I've had shadow people in the house, now, my husband was a skeptic until he met me and it's actually caused a lot of tension in our marriage. He went white as a sheet around 8 years ago and looked visibly disturbed. He said he'd seen shadow people.
Wow 😮 that’s insane, I couldn’t deal with that. As soon as that sort of tit started I would of stopped it all, it scares me too much 🤣

Reactions: 9