True Ghost Stories #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Blue_Mermaid_ which book would you recommend that I buy to start with? I want to know more about the man but also the rituals he did.

I've spent a good couple of hours watching videos about him, I will chance getting back into this despite the scary past, I should be past all that now and see it with more mature eyes.

Reactions: 2
My ex husband used to do deliveries in our local area, he was greeted by a man one day he said that just stood there on the spot, didn’t talk for a few minutes then said to him that my ex husband had something that was following him, a bad energy. My ex had never met this man before, yrs ago his mum was telling me stories of my ex as a kid, when he was maybe 2 or 3 he was in his playpen playing happily then all of a sudden smoke started to come out of the playpen, he was taken out near enough straightaway & the smoke just disappeared, another occasion he had been playing up on holiday his mum said he was sat sulking at the table, there were glasses on that table, he was looking at his mum in a sulky way then all of a sudden a glass just smashed!

• Wow
Reactions: 22
I’ve been off work today and instead of doing anything productive I’ve just been reading all the creepy threads on here !!!

I’ve put a story from my mum on the thread about creepy explainable thing but ive got a story to share here too, again not my own sadly (my life is far too boring ha).

I used to work with a woman who was the straightest woman you’ll ever meet in the sense of always calling a spade a spade, never caught up in flights of fancy etc etc.. so when she told me this it really tit me up to say the least !!

ex colleague was absolutely stunning, i knew her when she was a bit older but she was beautiful even then , and she was from somewhere in essex originally (for context am in the north) and there had been a bit of chat around the office that she was a “gangsters moll” type back in the day.

I went for leaving drinks for someone one day and of course me being an old soak it ended up just being me and her at the end,, I didn’t know her terribly well so we ended up having a chat about our lives and our backgrounds.

she told me that prior to moving up north she had been involved with a bit of a dodgy fella (I think they might haveeven been engaged??) who was a bouncer on the doors of one of the big london super clubs, I won’t say which as if you Google him a lot comes up!! If you were around that scene back then you might even remember him, I’m told he was a bit of a name.

as all these types did, he controlled both the doors and the supply of drugs in and out, she really wasn’t happy as I think what started out as a little “pocket money”for him had ended up getting out of control and they’d had bricks put through their window and everything. He had started using too and had started getting violent, I think he’d put his hands on her a few times and she was starting to get seriously unhappy.

Lo and behold one day she gets a knock on the door from the police, he’d been killed coming off his motorbike down a fairly rural lane. I think it was investigated and foul play was officially ruled out but ex colleague was never convinced, she knew he had a lot of people out for him. I think she was actually quite relieved and felt like she was finally free of it all.

Here comes the creepy bit. about six months after he’d died she’s on a train late one afternoon coming back from somewhrre , sat in the window seat absentmindedly looking out and it stops at a little single platform station not far from home. She looks out the window and the platform is pretty much empty apart from a few people, and then she notices sat on a bench - it’s him. she was certain that it was him because he had on a jacket that he’d always worn, a beige Harrington type jacket. He’s sat on the bench with his hands clasped and head down and as the train pulls to a stop it’s like he looks up and suddenly notices her. She said he stared right through her and the look he gave her was one of just pure evil, real anger / malice. The train pulls away and his eyes just follow her until she’s far off into the distance. I think it was a few more stops from home and she just sprints back to the house, packs some stuff and goes and stays at a mates house, not long after she moved up here and has been there ever since!!

It’s not my story obviously so she could’ve been having me on but the way she told it has always stayed with me. As I say I googled him and there was a photo knocking round and it just sent a chill down my spine looking at it, he was a real hard faced fella. One of the few times in my life I’ve been genuinely spooked !!

sorry it was a bit of a rambling one and I’m certain I’ve not told it as good as she did !!

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
I’ve been off work today and instead of doing anything productive I’ve just been reading all the creepy threads on here !!!

I’ve put a story from my mum on the thread about creepy explainable thing but ive got a story to share here too, again not my own sadly (my life is far too boring ha).

I used to work with a woman who was the straightest woman you’ll ever meet in the sense of always calling a spade a spade, never caught up in flights of fancy etc etc.. so when she told me this it really tit me up to say the least !!

ex colleague was absolutely stunning, i knew her when she was a bit older but she was beautiful even then , and she was from somewhere in essex originally (for context am in the north) and there had been a bit of chat around the office that she was a “gangsters moll” type back in the day.

I went for leaving drinks for someone one day and of course me being an old soak it ended up just being me and her at the end,, I didn’t know her terribly well so we ended up having a chat about our lives and our backgrounds.

she told me that prior to moving up north she had been involved with a bit of a dodgy fella (I think they might haveeven been engaged??) who was a bouncer on the doors of one of the big london super clubs, I won’t say which as if you Google him a lot comes up!! If you were around that scene back then you might even remember him, I’m told he was a bit of a name.

as all these types did, he controlled both the doors and the supply of drugs in and out, she really wasn’t happy as I think what started out as a little “pocket money”for him had ended up getting out of control and they’d had bricks put through their window and everything. He had started using too and had started getting violent, I think he’d put his hands on her a few times and she was starting to get seriously unhappy.

Lo and behold one day she gets a knock on the door from the police, he’d been killed coming off his motorbike down a fairly rural lane. I think it was investigated and foul play was officially ruled out but ex colleague was never convinced, she knew he had a lot of people out for him. I think she was actually quite relieved and felt like she was finally free of it all.

Here comes the creepy bit. about six months after he’d died she’s on a train late one afternoon coming back from somewhrre , sat in the window seat absentmindedly looking out and it stops at a little single platform station not far from home. She looks out the window and the platform is pretty much empty apart from a few people, and then she notices sat on a bench - it’s him. she was certain that it was him because he had on a jacket that he’d always worn, a beige Harrington type jacket. He’s sat on the bench with his hands clasped and head down and as the train pulls to a stop it’s like he looks up and suddenly notices her. She said he stared right through her and the look he gave her was one of just pure evil, real anger / malice. The train pulls away and his eyes just follow her until she’s far off into the distance. I think it was a few more stops from home and she just sprints back to the house, packs some stuff and goes and stays at a mates house, not long after she moved up here and has been there ever since!!

It’s not my story obviously so she could’ve been having me on but the way she told it has always stayed with me. As I say I googled him and there was a photo knocking round and it just sent a chill down my spine looking at it, he was a real hard faced fella. One of the few times in my life I’ve been genuinely spooked !!

sorry it was a bit of a rambling one and I’m certain I’ve not told it as good as she did !!
This is a good one, thanks for sharing. I am quite boring so don't really have stories of my own but when some pop on this thread they are interesting to read.

Reactions: 9
This is a good one, thanks for sharing. I am quite boring so don't really have stories of my own but when some pop on this thread they are interesting to read.
It is really weird isn’t it, if it was anyone else I don’t think I’d have Believed it but i dont think she’d have me on like that, I said to her are you sure it was him and she was absolutely convinced said it wasn’t a relative or anything it had to be him, it was the jacket I think that solidified it for her

Reactions: 14

I liked your story in Creepiest thread too. That was very weird.

Reactions: 4
I think we have people that look identical to us. I keep seeing someone who looks like my brother, down to the glasses, the backpack, the shoes.. every detail is the same. My mum has seen him too but you have to stop and just stare because you can’t tell if it’s them 😅 I’ve seen it happen with a few people that are close to me.

Reactions: 12
I think we have people that look identical to us. I keep seeing someone who looks like my brother, down to the glasses, the backpack, the shoes.. every detail is the same. My mum has seen him too but you have to stop and just stare because you can’t tell if it’s them 😅 I’ve seen it happen with a few people that are close to me.
Yes this did cross my mind too but ex colleague was convinced and think it was the jacket and the look in his face that convinced her, she was really shook up I think said she never felt safe in the house they’d shared and always felt like she was being watched but itss all in your head I suppose isn’t it. But yes you are right, my dear old mum is no longer with us but when she was alive there was someone in our area who drove her similar quite distinct car of which there are not many on the road, and whats more the driver looked like her so friends and family would end up letting on and telling her later and she’d go I dont have any idea what you’re talking about 🤣🤣

I liked your story in Creepiest thread too. That was very weird.
Thank you, yes they are two very odd stories which just sprang into my head today, my life is very dull these days but thankfully I’ve met some very interesting and colourful characters who have all manner of stories. Is the one ex colleague told me true , who knows, I personally have never seen someone who was so to the point and sincere ever been so shook up, I believ her myself !!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Yes this did cross my mind too but ex colleague was convinced and think it was the jacket and the look in his face that convinced her, she was really shook up I think said she never felt safe in the house they’d shared and always felt like she was being watched but itss all in your head I suppose isn’t it. But yes you are right, my dear old mum is no longer with us but when she was alive there was someone in our area who drove her similar quite distinct car of which there are not many on the road, and whats more the driver looked like her so friends and family would end up letting on and telling her later and she’d go I dont have any idea what you’re talking about 🤣🤣

Thank you, yes they are two very odd stories which just sprang into my head today, my life is very dull these days but thankfully I’ve met some very interesting and colourful characters who have all manner of stories. Is the one ex colleague told me true , who knows, I personally have never seen someone who was so to the point and sincere ever been so shook up, I believ her myself !!
I believe you.. it just reminded me of this being a thing too.

Reactions: 5

Did she think he had faked his death , or that she had seen a ghost? I'm not sure which is scarier.

Reactions: 17
I don't want to believe ghost stories, but then I hear people speak about seeing or experiencing stuff like that and I don't know what to think. I know people who I trust fully, who say they have seen a ghost. Hmm.

Reactions: 5
I don't want to believe ghost stories, but then I hear people speak about seeing or experiencing stuff like that and I don't know what to think. I know people who I trust fully, who say they have seen a ghost. Hmm.
Same, I think that’s what is unsettling and intriguing about it - we’re just not certian, it’s not easy to prove but sometimes the stories are so specific, and the people involved so scared, I think it must be true. It’s fascinating.

Reactions: 4
We were taking a short cut through our local graveyard, it’s popular with dog walkers and we have walked through 100s of times before but one day we got close to the church and we froze. We physically couldn’t take another step forward and there was this horrible overpowering feeling that we had to turn around and leave. I don’t know if they had just had a funeral and someone didn’t like our presence but it was horrible and we’ve never felt it since.

• Wow
Reactions: 17
Same, I think that’s what is unsettling and intriguing about it - we’re just not certian, it’s not easy to prove but sometimes the stories are so specific, and the people involved so scared, I think it must be true. It’s fascinating.
I hear it said that it's a mental condition that makes people see apparent ghosts, but as I say, the people I hear this from aren't mentally unstable. They are normal functioning human beings. Too many people seem to see things that are so clear and vivid, that it makes no sense.

Reactions: 8
I saw a little girl sitting on my parents stairs when I was newly pregnant. She looked at me, smiled and ran off up the stairs. It sounds crazy but I felt like it was my daughter coming to see me. Later in my pregnancy I dreamt about her and she was born looking identical to the girl I had seen in my dream.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Did she think he had faked his death , or that she had seen a ghost? I'm not sure which is scarier.
I definitely dont think she thought he’d faked his own death , she’d been to identify the body !! The rational part of me says well maybe she was still in a grieving process of sorts, saw someone who looked like him and her brain but 2 + 2 together and made 5.. but she is just not that kind of woman .

i wonder if a previous poster mentioning doubles was right, likehe had some sort of doppelganger who’d planned to live peacefully until he realised she knew he existed!! Ihaven’t spoken to her for a little while so this threadhas inspired me to drop her a text and pick her brains about it

• Heart
Reactions: 11
My husband and I lived in a very old bungalow for a couple years before we had children. It always felt very weird and I was never comfortable at home alone, especially at night. There were a couple of things that I remember vividly about it that stayed with me. I would see shadows that shouldn't have been there in the very end bedroom and I heard a voice ask me "what are you doing?" one evening as I brushed my teeth. My husband has never believed in anything paranormal but when I mentioned the voice he said "Don't. Don't say that because I've heard it too." It's still the only house I've ever lived in that had it's own atmosphere and just felt odd.

I'm fairly level-headed and I'd need a lot of proof to say for definite that I believe in ghosts but it's something that I find fascinating.

When my beloved cat passed away I swear that same evening he jumped up on to my bed and curled up next to my legs. I still remember to this day sitting up in bed and seeing the perfect, curled up cat indent in the bedding. I like to think it was him. Who knows?

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 21

I wish you could share the gangster's name as seeing his face would make it even more spookier where you said he looked at her really angrily and she got spooked to the point she packed her bits up.

I'm wondering if she did something that made him really angry before he passed away or maybe even behind his back that he was really annoyed with her about? Not meaning that in any offensive way meant to her, but it's weird he looked at her with so much anger and hatred.

Reactions: 16