Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Bebostunhun

Fat privilege is not ‘a thing’. It is a fact that it is more difficult to exercise when you are overweight. It is a fact that overweight people have more anxiety over health care because they feel ashamed. I’m all for expressing opinions but that is a reach. Not everything Trisha posts is aimed at every single person here. She is not saying that thin people don’t struggle. She is on her own journey and her transformation is no longer just about weight loss. It’s about her mental health as well. She said herself that she is open to criticism but claiming she has fat privilege is just ridiculous. For those saying she should be sharing her weight loss every week, she is in treatment for binge eating disorder. Something I believe a few commenters here said she needed. Weighing in every week is not recommended when having this treatment as it is triggering. It’s not usually recommended that you embark upon a weight loss programme when trying to repair your relationship with food. Maybe Trisha has been advised this by her therapist - and she doesn’t need to share her private therapy sessions with anyone. yes Trisha’s page started as weight loss account, it’s obvious that she is moving away from this - is there anything wrong with a bit of personal growth? Also fair play to her for exploring other means of income considering she works in an industry that has been destroyed by COVID with worse to come.

• Heart
Reactions: 43

Mona86

VIP Member
Delighted that she said that the forum was true. And more delighted to see her get help. More power to you Trisha for not saying this was a bullying forum. Everyone here wants you to succeed and you absolutely can

Reactions: 27
I’m wondering how much TRISHA donated to the charity??!! Her “transformers” donated 12000 but did she contribute anything? We’ll never know I suppose..
I’m all for calling out ‘influencers’ for their ads/sp and crap content, but if Trisha has brought in over 26k for a charity that deserves it, I say fair play. It doesn’t matter if she donated €5 or €500 herself, she raised awareness

Reactions: 25

Girlonlife

I have to say...im currently working from home, and looks like I will be for at least another 10 months. If not more. On an average work day I'd come home with about 6k step and be able to do a short walk and hit my 10k daily step goal. I no longer walk to my car, walk to work, walk to the canteen, to the bathroom, for tea. Walking around my small apartment I do about 1k steps a day. And working from home is DRAINING!
When Trish started that challenge for October I jumped on the bandwagon. And im down 3kgs in 11 days. And my 'alone time' instead of being ON TOP of my partner (who hasn't gone back to work yet) is 100% helping our relationship too....
I know its constant resets. From someone who always had to fight with her weight I do think its all good intentions with Trisha.

• Heart
First smear test at 32? But sure you don't need a smear if your not sexually active..... maybe something changed 🤔
You do need it.
Furthermore, whether someone is sexually active or not, that is absolutely none of yours or anyone’s business.

• Haha

moomollah

I dunno, I think expecting her to ditch a plan 3 weeks in cos she 'only' lost 7.5 pounds so far is very premature, and is why most people can't stick to diets, they are disappointed if they don't loose as much as they think they should and then say 'feic it' and go back to eating the way they did before. Then they say the diet didn't work. I think I can understand what Trisha's trainer is doing, seeing how many calories she needs to maintain, and then reduce. If they did an Adele and put her on 1,000 cals a day then of course she would loose loads of weight and thats not sustainable - unless you are Adele of course?
Maybe wait 3 months and then judge, weight loss is not linear.
Also I'm just concerned how people are speaking about a person who has admitted to being suicidal before, I would tread carefully.

• Heart
Reactions: 22

Swordshead

First smear test at 32? But sure you don't need a smear if your not sexually active..... maybe something changed 🤔
Be careful spreading misinformation like that. It can take 10-15 years for anyone with a HPV infection for it to develop into cervical cancer, so all women from age 25-65 should get them, less frequently as they get older. There's guidelines on what's classed as "sexual activity" on the HSE website.

Last edited:
Reactions: 21

Hannahchoo

She shouldn’t be belittled so much here, I think after losing so much weight, she deserves to be given the title of transformed. What your image of a transformation is completely different to someone else’s. We all have are own goals and ideas of a body that we are comfortable in. I do think her relationship with that hanger on is maybe confused a bit. He’s giving her the attention she would enjoy but it seems that she’s taking it up the wrong way and he’s not helping the situation. He’s absolutely using her emotionally, but I’m sure the wife is well aware of this considering he’s bringing home his wages.

Reactions: 21

Kilingtime

VIP Member
Delighted that she said that the forum was true. And more delighted to see her get help. More power to you Trisha for not saying this was a bullying forum. Everyone here wants you to succeed and you absolutely can
I feel a lot of comments were constructive criticism here- no-one wants to see her fail? It can take outsiders views sometimes to make people see the bigger picture- especially if you're surrounded by insta-huns and users who have their own agenda- it would be very easy to get swept up in it all and lose your way a little? She's took on board what people said- didn't pull the 'bully' card (fair play!!) and I felt she was pretty honest about her faults and losing her way a little?

Reactions: 19

JJJ1234

Chatty Member
I don’t know what “fat privilege” is. When I saw the post about the smear, I saw someone who was very relieved that she had finally forced herself to have one. I have always been afraid of the dentist and spent years avoiding going. When I would go I was always so relieved afterwards that I would feel like telling everyone how important it was to have good dental hygiene. I’m not seeing anything else here other than someone who (she says) was so self conscious about her weight that she put off having a test. Of course women who already go for the test do not need to be told to have one- my impression is that she is trying to encourage women who struggle with the thought of a smear by telling her experience. If she helps one person etc etc.

Reactions: 18

Mona86

VIP Member
Nothing against weight loss I have struggled myself personally. I am just perplexed over this obsession with Dan, check his vlogs she’s at his house every day which is fine except then the over sexualising comments and inuendos about being in a hotel room in the podcasts and all. During lock down she said one day she was cross with him as he had forgotten to text her good morning that day. She laughed it off but she was serious. I’m glad that she came out today and said she has struggled in lockdown because it was clear she hasn’t lost anything additional since Feb 2019 (her one year anniversary ) and I wondered was it ever going to be acknowledged. Weight loss IS a journey and it IS hard but the #symprove and then #AF boohoo links or the ‘look at the runners I bought again this month here is the link’ is just too much.!
Anyway I just feel sorry for Dans wife if someone kept making sexual jokes about having it off with my husband to my face/ in podcasts or referred to herself constantly as ‘his other wife’ I would be very cross. Maybe I’m alone in this. I just find it odd & she’s lost the genuine story she had.

Smithsmile

Ah the woman has an eating disorder and she’s getting help in therapy for this now. I think in fairness most people on this thread are hoping she will succeed and stay focussed.

TikToc

VIP Member
Then Trisha should not have told the whole world about having her first smear test at 32. Its unusual in this day and age. Women are now very educated on such matters.
If you are putting such personal stuff out there for the whole world, then at least expect some form of speculation.
I see absolutely nothing wrong with her telling people. She has a lot of followers and if her saying it saves one person it's worth it. Plenty of women don't go for smears. Why would anyone want to speculate on why a woman hasn't had one?

Bebostunhun

Glad to see that everyone here is educated and intelligent enough to go for their smears but just to say it’s a speculum not a spectrum as posted by one of the members above. If Trisha going encourages one woman to go who might not have because of embarrassment about their weight or anything else, i don’t see the problem 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 17

Astral

Unfollowed today. Can’t cope with the fake begging / selling. Notice she’s changed her bio it now says she is 19 stone 10. If you calculate that from her original 26 stone she’s still up 20 pounds from the reported 100 pound weight loss in Feb 2019. (After starting in Feb 2018). So up 20 pounds on a 21 month loss & nothing since. But pushing her book & sharing work outs. Someone needs to admit the scam.
I thought it was common knowledge that she'd put on twenty pounds and then almost two stone in lock down?
She's lost the lock down weight so which is good going since what July/August?

I think for other people who have a lot to lose and poor relationship with food it's good for them to see that for some people the journey is a huge rollercoaster and takes a long time. Some people have very complicated attitudes to food and exercise, it can take a long time to unlearn a life time of bad habits.

I feel with Tricia that all these ads and partnerships is part of her not knowing who she is what she likes and what would fulfill her. Her weight has meant she's missed out on a lot of normal living and maturing and now so much is been offered on a plate to her she's grabbing it all with both hands and constantly getting distracted from what actually helps her get nearer her goal.
I also think she's trying to fit in or be like her sisters and struggles to know what to style suits her hence we have the over made up face, clothes a bit too small and hair and brows that are just a bit too much on her.
But I think she'll get there with it all, weight included and her journey will be a success but she needs to ditch the instahun ambition before it ditches her and leaves her at a loss.

Reactions: 16

Firsttimeposter

I have plenty posts on this thread talking about how gross her cooking looks, I just think it’s a bit nasty to be frothing at the mouth almost hoping she’ll gain weight from bingeing during lockdown 2. Lots to criticise her for but I’m not going to make fun of her eating disorder/mental health issues.
I agree. As someone who has struggled with my weight all my life I would find it so damaging to read half the comments on here when I genuinely want to lose weight. Anyone who is battling weight loss knows the struggle. I know I shouldn’t eat that bar of chocolate/extra portion but will power only goes so far and she is only human. Everyone has their own vice and Trishas it would appear is food, as is my own. I really hope she achieves her goals the boost that would give her and others in a similar position would be fantastic. I don’t always watch her stories so I can’t comment on the swipe up etc but the girl is human. No one is perfect

creeper101_93

I actually don't defend much that Trisha posts... I think she's disingenuous and as previously pointed out; trying so hard to stay relevant. Everything with Dan was very weird..

Smear tests though... I think its cool she said she went. I have two people close to me who are obese (not quite as big as Trisha) but they wouldn't go. They were too embarrassed about being big. One of them has now.. at nearly 30! And the other one still won't go.

Its stupid that they won't go out of embarrassment but its encouraging to hear someone who is also big say they have gone and it was grand. It would be relatable for those people I know.

• Heart
I've finally hit unfollow this morning. I really liked Trisha and really want her to succeed but her page is completely stagnant. I've been shocked at the food recently too, it looks so awful. The poached salmon finished me off. There are so many ways to make and present healthy and delicious food and she just slops stuff in a bowl. I've recently started following jens journey because she kept being mentioned here lol and her meal plans and breakdown of calories etc is excellent. I dont think trisha does any of that ever! At the end of the day people follow pages like that mostly if they want some motivation themselves and Trisha just doesn't deliver that anymore. There is no transformation happening! She complained the whole month of Oct about those walks. She never showed proof of her total steps and she hasn't given any weight loss updates in months. Like why does she think people follow her page?? In my opinion she would be better turning it around now and making the focus of the page about living with disordered eating and overcoming challenges specific to that. She is not being honest with her followers right now. She is not eating a meal plan that is giving her a calorie deficit because if she was she would be losing weight. I feel bad for her and I hope she can find her way. Instagram is not doing her any favours. Shouting cliches into the phone instead of doing the actual work to get to her goal!

• Heart