Trishas Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She seems to be upping the cardio and trying again. Fair play to her if she gets back on track. Hiking wouldnt be easy at her weight

Reactions: 7
I’m so glad ye have all said this. I thought if I said how I felt I Might come across as if I wasn’t appreciating the ‘smear’ shout out. I’m 34 I’m well used to smears. I won’t be roared at to go for a smear by someone who thinks she’s an authority on all things health just because she’s finally had a smear 7 years later. As someone here said ‘stay in your own lane’ Trisha you’re fooling nobody. These posts for attention! Why not do a post on hand washing or Covid if you want to use your forum? Most of us women are intelligent enough to go for our smears because we’ve seen the cervical scandal and we’ve been educated to go. I’m not sure why she needs attention 24/7. She mentioned also she can’t cross her legs. She used to be able to do that she had a whole video and post on it the year she was loosing weight and got to that point. She’s clearly resetting again but trying to stay relevant. I don’t need to be shouted at that you had a spectrum up your cervix today, thanks.
THIS 👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻

Reactions: 1
“ I’m allergic to walking “ but .. but .. you use to do 5km runs most weekends before covid ?! I’m confused ?! How can you hate walking but be a runner !! She was well able to run January February and March ?!

Reactions: 3
I’m sick of her. High on bleeping cardio and reheated flattened boiled eggs but actually talking about anything except how weight loss is going. She’s just desperately holding on for attention.

• Haha
She is v annoying. Even though she harps on about absolutely loving the gym, jaysus I have watched a few stories of her doing a session... the aggression of her if the male trainer asks her to do just one extra leg extension! .. like she is going to murder him... but I think its all for attention!!

Reactions: 5
She is v annoying. Even though she harps on about absolutely loving the gym, jaysus I have watched a few stories of her doing a session... the aggression of her if the male trainer asks her to do just one extra leg extension! .. like she is going to murder him... but I think its all for attention!!
It’s the same issue she always has she doesn’t know how to handle male attention so she acts out/acts up. This attention seeking drivel is painful I’ve had to unfollow: i know weight loss isn’t linear good god I know that but she’s still a fraud now who doesn’t follow the recipes she swore by but sold us the book, people bought into her story but now you darent ask her about weight loss oh no you must praise her, at 32, for going for a smear. Or for taking an extra gym class, or for walking up a hill. She’s acting like we are privileged she’s sharing things with us because she’s ‘overweight’. There are skinny girls equally afraid of smears, working out, hiking. There are skinny or slim people who also struggle with depression or who think they’re ugly. There are people who come on insta & share their struggle but don’t sell us everything from the tooth paste the use at 7am, to the magnesium they take going to bed and everything inbetween. She’s just looking for attention and recognition now for every aspect of adulting ‘because she’s overweight’ . Trisha if you ever do lose the weight you’ll see that life also has struggles no matter your size.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
It’s the same issue she always has she doesn’t know how to handle male attention so she acts out/acts up. This attention seeking drivel is painful I’ve had to unfollow: i know weight loss isn’t linear good god I know that but she’s still a fraud now who doesn’t follow the recipes she swore by but sold us the book, people bought into her story but now you darent ask her about weight loss oh no you must praise her, at 32, for going for a smear. Or for taking an extra gym class, or for walking up a hill. She’s acting like we are privileged she’s sharing things with us because she’s ‘overweight’. There are skinny girls equally afraid of smears, working out, hiking. There are skinny or slim people who also struggle with depression or who think they’re ugly. There are people who come on insta & share their struggle but don’t sell us everything from the tooth paste the use at 7am, to the magnesium they take going to bed and everything inbetween. She’s just looking for attention and recognition now for every aspect of adulting ‘because she’s overweight’ . Trisha if you ever do lose the weight you’ll see that life also has struggles no matter your size.
She is very dramatic about a lot of things that are normal for others. I was really gobsmacked about the smear test!!...I think her weight has caused her to have a sheltered life or she is just naturally extremely immature. Yes the cardio is great but should she not have been doing more of it since she started her journey almost 3 years ago?

Reactions: 6
Glad to see that everyone here is educated and intelligent enough to go for their smears but just to say it’s a speculum not a spectrum as posted by one of the members above. If Trisha going encourages one woman to go who might not have because of embarrassment about their weight or anything else, i don’t see the problem 🤷🏻‍♀️
Agreed. She’s reminded me I should go. I’ve put it off for too long.

I would say her weight held her back from having one before and she was probably over excited about having it done yesterday. I’m glad she has the confidence now
Shocked if anyone was ever over excited for a smear 🤣🤣

• Haha
There are skinny girls equally afraid of smears, working out, hiking. There are skinny or slim people who also struggle with depression or who think they’re ugly

This 👆👆
I never forget shopping for debs dresses. I was lucky to be brimming with confidence at almost 100kg.
A close friend at the time was more than half my weight and she suffered so bad! She couldn't cope. She balled crying in dressing rooms and got proper anxiety about being skinny.

Fat privilege is a thing.
It is disrespectful of ALL other body types to assume that because you do it when you're fat it deserves more praise.

I'm the last one to fat shame..... but equality is what we should aim for. Not special treatment. I don't think anything deserves more praise because you do it when you're a certain size...

• Heart
Reactions: 9
This 👆👆
I never forget shopping for debs dresses. I was lucky to be brimming with confidence at almost 100kg.
A close friend at the time was more than half my weight and she suffered so bad! She couldn't cope. She balled crying in dressing rooms and got proper anxiety about being skinny.

Fat privilege is a thing.
It is disrespectful of ALL other body types to assume that because you do it when you're fat it deserves more praise.

I'm the last one to fat shame..... but equality is what we should aim for. Not special treatment. I don't think anything deserves more praise because you do it when you're a certain size...
Yes you worded it so much better than me. That’s what I was saying (or trying to) this fat privilege. I’m overweight so everything I do I should be praised for or paid for. No need to post the same work out videos every single day looking for praise. If a skinny person told us they were afraid of smears so didn’t do it for 7 years, would anyone understand that just as well? Way back at the start of this thread someone said the way she was going on she almost glorified obesity. I see it now. Part of me thinks a thinner Trisha may not believe she would be as popular or have as many rights to brag for the normal activities of daily living, cooking, walking, shopping etc.

Reactions: 6
Yes now that a few of you have said it it definitely seems like being overweight has become her "thing". What would she base her life on without that?

I'm extremely lucky to never have struggled with being overweight. I'm a healthy weight for my height (weigh about 1 stone more than I did a few years ago) but have long slender limbs so probably look thinner than I actually am if you just glance at me. I've had so many comments like "oh you can wear anything, the size of you, there isn't a pick on you" etc. It makes me feel like the body insecurities I have like anyone else aren't valid because I'm not overweight.

Last edited:
I don’t know what “fat privilege” is. When I saw the post about the smear, I saw someone who was very relieved that she had finally forced herself to have one. I have always been afraid of the dentist and spent years avoiding going. When I would go I was always so relieved afterwards that I would feel like telling everyone how important it was to have good dental hygiene. I’m not seeing anything else here other than someone who (she says) was so self conscious about her weight that she put off having a test. Of course women who already go for the test do not need to be told to have one- my impression is that she is trying to encourage women who struggle with the thought of a smear by telling her experience. If she helps one person etc etc.

Reactions: 18
Fat privilege is not ‘a thing’. It is a fact that it is more difficult to exercise when you are overweight. It is a fact that overweight people have more anxiety over health care because they feel ashamed. I’m all for expressing opinions but that is a reach. Not everything Trisha posts is aimed at every single person here. She is not saying that thin people don’t struggle. She is on her own journey and her transformation is no longer just about weight loss. It’s about her mental health as well. She said herself that she is open to criticism but claiming she has fat privilege is just ridiculous. For those saying she should be sharing her weight loss every week, she is in treatment for binge eating disorder. Something I believe a few commenters here said she needed. Weighing in every week is not recommended when having this treatment as it is triggering. It’s not usually recommended that you embark upon a weight loss programme when trying to repair your relationship with food. Maybe Trisha has been advised this by her therapist - and she doesn’t need to share her private therapy sessions with anyone. yes Trisha’s page started as weight loss account, it’s obvious that she is moving away from this - is there anything wrong with a bit of personal growth? Also fair play to her for exploring other means of income considering she works in an industry that has been destroyed by COVID with worse to come.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
Fat privilege is not ‘a thing’. It is a fact that it is more difficult to exercise when you are overweight. It is a fact that overweight people have more anxiety over health care because they feel ashamed. I’m all for expressing opinions but that is a reach. Not everything Trisha posts is aimed at every single person here. She is not saying that thin people don’t struggle. She is on her own journey and her transformation is no longer just about weight loss. It’s about her mental health as well. She said herself that she is open to criticism but claiming she has fat privilege is just ridiculous. For those saying she should be sharing her weight loss every week, she is in treatment for binge eating disorder. Something I believe a few commenters here said she needed. Weighing in every week is not recommended when having this treatment as it is triggering. It’s not usually recommended that you embark upon a weight loss programme when trying to repair your relationship with food. Maybe Trisha has been advised this by her therapist - and she doesn’t need to share her private therapy sessions with anyone. yes Trisha’s page started as weight loss account, it’s obvious that she is moving away from this - is there anything wrong with a bit of personal growth? Also fair play to her for exploring other means of income considering she works in an industry that has been destroyed by COVID with worse to come.
hear hear

Reactions: 5
It appears that Trisha has proven herself to be disingenuous and dishonest about several things since she started her journey, so I don't cut her any slack like some do. Maybe some people are over protective of Trisha because they have issues with their own weight. It will be 3 years in February and she is still morbidly obese. I loved her at the beginning, now I don't. There are people with really really big issues out there and all Trisha has to do is cut down on eating, literally!!!

I'd beg to differ.
I'm obese and I see I get special treatment. Thats a privilege.

More praise when I take a long hike or do a class or run 10k (I'm fitter than some of my average weight circle.. lots of them in fact)

People would never dream of calling me fat to my face or commenting on what I'm eating... but they'll tell others they are skinny or to eat more 'they can get away with it' like they are giving a compliment even though it hurts them.

Thats just two examples of where I see it.

I actually thought it was good she pointed out she went for her smear... I know people it would encourage. I'd actually agree with almost everything else you said but the privilege is definitely a thing that I have experienced and still experience.

I don't like seeing it or hearing it and I wish it wasn't a thing.. but it is.

Well said!

I think people feel that Trisha owes us something like the weekly weigh ins, explanations about Jacobs etc. It's everyones choice to follow her. If you dont like her content unfollow, dont buy her book or anything she is advertising.

I really like Trisha. I think she is very honest about her "journey". She is trying to lose weight for herself, not us. Yes, she is making some money out of it but in terms of influencers she is one of the more genuine ones. There are no airs and graces and it seems to be that what you see is what you get with her.

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.