Travel Vloggers and VanLifers

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They are deffo gonna fall foul of the 90 day thing or some other thing that trips up Brits or foreigners abroad.

We stopped watching a while back for a reason that slips my mind - might have been one of the Q&As or something they came out with was absolute incorrect bollocks.

Either way, I went out of my way to readjust my YT algorithm so I wasn't fed constant vanlife shillers - I now get fed constant next level food machines or Asian/Indian street food vendors setting up their stalls. Its not hard to rejig what YT feeds you - just a few hours drilling through samey stuff and your algorithmic profile can change massively.

Reactions: 3
Me too @Pontyslapper campervibe, happy days and all the rest have been replaced with hiking/backpacking vlogs, trail running and randomly journal reviews (not sure how this happened, I'm not into it and watched 1 or 2 now they keep bubbling up!).
Travel beans haven't quite dropped off yet but I've avoided their last two vlogs so hope to see the back of them soon.
How did they all amass such wealth? I know campervibe have the cash from their house sale, and it probably rose a lot in value while they owned it.

Reactions: 2
So Mandy (Unadventurous & Gadget John) have done a vlog, because she’s been diagnosed with cancer. That’s bad, but as soon as they started to mention the cost of travelling from Portugal to get back to UK for more tests, I had to stop watching. It screams beggy post in my opinion and mentioning the cost is £2000 was inappropriate and not needed. But they want more sympathetic handouts I guess!

What are everyone’s thoughts on full time van/motorhomers who travel with their school age children?
All those I’ve watched say there are “personal reasons“ as to why they removed their child(ren) from school and have chosen to home school them instead. I always think, yeah the reason is you wanted to go travelling and couldn’t do it if your child was in mainstream school.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
What are everyone’s thoughts on full time van/motorhomers who travel with their school age children?
All those I’ve watched say there are “personal reasons“ as to why they removed their child(ren) from school and have chosen to home school them instead. I always think, yeah the reason is you wanted to go travelling and couldn’t do it if your child was in mainstream school.
I used to watch narrowboat vlogs and felt it a shame for those children not to be able to mix with others their age at school, run freely, spend time at friends' houses or create a trusted, local, social circle. The children seemed happy enough, although that's probably because they don't have anything for comparison. Vans are even more cramped than narrowboats, and don't get me started on what they might see/hear of their parents'/carers' romantic liaisons in such close quarters. It seems like a semi-feral existence.

Reactions: 1
I'm on the fence.
If the kids were pulled out of school and then they started home schooling so that they could do vanlife and make videos to monetize, that's not cool.

If I saw someone doing it with it all planned around the kids' education I'd be all for it as think it would be an amazing opportunity but all I've ever seen is people dragging them around not really doing much or making it up as they go along (the Rucks for example) and that just seems a real wasted opportunity to me. If anyone's seen anyone doing a really good job of it, let me know as id love to watch! Instead I end up just feeling sorry for the kids sitting for hours on end in a van and sleeping on car parks.

• Heart
I dont know if any one watches escape in the motorhome. They seem to do quite a few educational visits and home schooling.

The rucks how have they afforded 140k motorhome. Wen they only just opened there business and dont have regular jobs

I dont know if any one watches escape in the motorhome. They seem to do quite a few educational visits and home schooling.

The rucks how have they afforded 140k motorhome. Wen they only just opened there business and dont have regular jobs
Yes, Escape in the Motorhome seem to be the only ones who seem to take the home schooling of their children seriously. The mum does her research and educates them (and us!) on all their visits. She also seems to ensure the children keep to their online school lessons timetable. Sadly this family are the exception rather than the rule. The couple are a bit clueless when it comes to the motorhome though! In France they left a window open and it was gone when they arrived at their next stop! Then the bathroom door fell off and then they ran out of gas. As newbies, I guess they are learning as they go and it makes a nice change to see the reality rather than the glamorous YouTube/Instagram version.

Field View Adventures, I only ever see their son playing computer games and eating junk food. To give them the benefit of the doubt, perhaps they just don’t film him when he’s studying but…

On a different subject, has anyone watched Touring with the Kids? Their click bait titles are so irritating.

To be honest we have run over our step, drove off with lead in and the bathroom window open but only open on the catch.

Field view seem to be the most boaring ever. They sit in a layby while kid plays on laptop

So travel beans had their van broken in to. Afterwards they read reviews of the area on park for night where exactly the same thing had been happening. With a convenient promotional ad for Better Help thrown in for good measure.

Call me cynical but.......at least no one has set up a gofundme yet.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
So travel beans had their van broken in to. Afterwards they read reviews of the area on park for night where exactly the same thing had been happening. With a convenient promotional ad for Better Help thrown in for good measure.

Call me cynical but.......at least no one has set up a gofundme yet.
Came here to say I'm cynical too. An area with a high crime rate but none of the shops have CCTV?

Reactions: 4
A cynical person would point out the number of times something serious seems to happen to Travel Beans (like their van catching fire) compared to others who've been on the road for years without any drama.

Reactions: 6
Sorry but if that happened to me, and I had a small child/baby with me and a van without closing windows, I'd be going to the relative safety of a campsite. Not "ripping off the band aid" and being further isolated in the mountains.

The fact that they are trying to monetise their "trauma" rings grifty alarm bells.

Reactions: 9
My god Alex and Emma just don’t seem to be good at RV/Van life. I get being robbed is terrible and always a trauma. It is one thing after the other with these two and they have a son to boot. I’d ponder a different living.

Came here to say I'm cynical too. An area with a high crime rate but none of the shops have CCTV?
Spain has far less CCTV than most western countries so it's not uncommon. If it had happened in London there'd be video from a thousand different angles.

Spain has far less CCTV than most western countries so it's not uncommon. If it had happened in London there'd be video from a thousand different angles.
A cynical person would point out how terribly convenient this fact could be...

not saying it was staged but it felt staged. they have encountered quite a bit of drama with their vans the past couple years

doesn't help that their sponsor was better-help... coincidence?

not saying it was staged but it felt staged. they have encountered quite a bit of drama with their vans the past couple years

doesn't help that their sponsor was better-help... coincidence?
And BetterHelp is dodgy AF as well.

Reactions: 5
surprised people are not on here slagging off that touring with the kids. All appears well on the surface, but I have noticed things. Things like ignoring their children. Mother glares at them because they have disturbed her whilst she's recording. The youngest boy needed a break away from the van (lorry I should say) because he fainted (it was the 35-degree heat in Morocco). It's like woah you have subjected him to it. Poor kids walking around in the heat all day! Mostly feel sorry for the little girl, I think shes like ten and has no female friends to play with. I know for a fact how important this is to little girls as I have two myself and having friends is so important at that age. I just feel for her. I have a good eye for people, and something ain't right about them, plus they are incredibly selfish.