Travel Vloggers and VanLifers

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This thread is meant to be a space to discuss travel vloggers and VanLifers who don't generate enough interest and controversies yet to warrant their own thread, to talk about this kind of content creation more generally and to share recommendations.

Are you looking forward to Kingingit going back on the road in Custard?
What's next for Eamon and Bec?
Are you following along the Travel Beans US road trip?
Are you happy for Louis and Raya for having a baby or side-eye them for leaving their newly adopted dog behind for 3 months to travel?
Did you enjoy Camper Vibe's Scandinavian adventure?
Who are your non problematic favs?

Reactions: 5
I really like watching van life channels some to laugh at and others to see how they get on in other countries ,very interesting.I have a motor home my self it's old but reliable and so far have just gone off on local destinations for a few days at a time.I find it very hard to stay in mine more then a week as it is very hard to live in a small space and share it with my family.
My favouites are snow and curt ,campervibe also the expawers.they are very interesting .......on the other hand I watch the travel trolls as They are so incompetent and their blogs are funny/annoying..

Reactions: 6
I really like watching van life channels some to laugh at and others to see how they get on in other countries ,very interesting.I have a motor home my self it's old but reliable and so far have just gone off on local destinations for a few days at a time.I find it very hard to stay in mine more then a week as it is very hard to live in a small space and share it with my family.
My favouites are snow and curt ,campervibe also the expawers.they are very interesting .......on the other hand I watch the travel trolls as They are so incompetent and their blogs are funny/annoying..
I enjoy Camper Vibe too, I feel like they have a very healthy balance traveling through Europe for a couple months and then returning home and enjoying downtime with family and just doing a few day trips.

I also started watching Overlanding Sophia and I appreciate them taking their time on their trip and really staying in an area for weeks instead of rushing through states and down highways.

Reactions: 4
I enjoy Camper Vibe too, I feel like they have a very healthy balance traveling through Europe for a couple months and then returning home and enjoying downtime with family and just doing a few day trips.

I also started watching Overlanding Sophia and I appreciate them taking their time on their trip and really staying in an area for weeks instead of rushing through states and down highways.
We love campervibe too, plus Oneadvantureatatime. They keep it real, not Instagram fake.

Reactions: 2
I enjoy campervibe, love the rapport between Lou and Emily and they are funny, have self awareness.
Also like Ex Pawers, they come across as a lovely couple, actually provide useful info on nice places to go. Really feeling for them with what's happened to their van.
Life is too short - ok but the male comes across a bit pompous at times.
King it - only watch intermittently , they seem crazy but have a real zest for life and are fun.
Travel beans - I do like them and again, love the rapport between them. I'm not loving the US travels though, maybe it's because I'm unlikely to RV tour the States, but I've stopped watching.

Also, to add, I did watch some of "flying the nests" UK and Europe vlogs from this summer. After they did the bike tour with Kinging It. Not strictly van lifers and I'm amazed at the travel lifestyle they seem to be able to fund through YouTube. It's one thing to fund relatively cheap van travel, but lots of plush looking accommodation, hire cars, campervan hire etc must all add up.
I've also seen they are now expecting another child so interesting to see if they manage to keep travelling. They were grounded by Covid when their daughter was small. Have to say, hate channels that over share children who can't consent and these guys are guilty of that.

Last edited:
Is anyone else going right off John and Mandy since their split or is it just me? He seems to think he knows more than anyone else - was he an electrical engineer in his working life?

Reactions: 3
I've only recently discovered Lost in Transit and wow, their Nepal hiking vids are probably my favorite travel vlogger content I've seen this year. Such a unique trip and landscapes and they seem like decent people.

Is anyone else going right off John and Mandy since their split or is it just me? He seems to think he knows more than anyone else - was he an electrical engineer in his working life?
I find them boring now .they split up and now lost their dog so not having a good time lately.feel sorry for them but the blogs have become boring.

I've only recently discovered Lost in Transit and wow, their Nepal hiking vids are probably my favorite travel vlogger content I've seen this year. Such a unique trip and landscapes and they seem like decent people.
I will give them a go and see how they are.

The Camper Vibe girls are impressive - the strong no fuss way they dealt with their flat tyre in difficult circumstances unlike Dan from the Travel Trolls.

The Camper Vibe girls are impressive - the strong no fuss way they dealt with their flat tyre in difficult circumstances unlike Dan from the Travel Trolls.
Yes and them taking it all with humor and having a laugh about the situation was a joy to watch.
They seem smart about the whole YouTube thing, in the way they set boundaries for themselves, keep their home to take breaks from van life and how responsible and organized they are when going abroad - especially traveling with pets.

Completely unrelated, but Kingingit seem to be struggling immensely. Good for them, taking time off Youtube for dealing with their mental health but it's kind of scary how often and long they had to take breaks recently. Hopefully, they're getting better and not worse.

Favourites are Camper Vibe and The Ex-pawers at the moment but have watched most of the others mentioned here. Have avoided the two twats in the big Green van as I have to watch my blood pressure.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Good to see this thread as Vanlife youtubers etc seem to be everywhere at the moment
I do enjoy watching quite a few of them particular favourites at the moment are Chris and Marianne at Tread the Globe ( who have spent a few weeks off the road in Canada with a broken down van ) The Ex-pawers ( who have also had van troubles ) Capervibes who just seem like lovely genuine girls, Love Sundays and the Rolling Rucks…
I think the Roaming Radfords put together very informative watchable vlogs etc but there is something about them I cant quite take too…
The twats in the big green removal van need I say more.…

I can't watch them anymore. I'd say John is very good with mechanical/electric stuff and a good handyman in general - he has his other channel about gadgets. I just find them both totally and utterly boring.

I love Camper Vibe - they put thought and effort into their vlogs whilst remaining natural. With John and Mandy it's very stilted with loads of ums and ahs, howevers and but yeahs. John's drone shots of land and seascapes have been excellent in the past but watching the pair of them eat pots of soup in a workshop with very little to say to each other or the audience is not for me.

I'm really new to vanlifers, apart from those twats in a big green van!
So far am loving Our Van Tales, Courts and Meeks, and recently campervibes!

I know there are seperate threads on each of these channels but who are the worst vanlifers - I can’t quite decide - currently I think it’s a neck and neck race between Those Happy Days and the Travel Trolls - each overdose on click bait titles and are totally inept at what they do. Any other votes - what do you think?

Reactions: 7
I know there are seperate threads on each of these channels but who are the worst vanlifers - I can’t quite decide - currently I think it’s a neck and neck race between Those Happy Days and the Travel Trolls - each overdose on click bait titles and are totally inept at what they do. Any other votes - what do you think?
I got quite frustrated watching Will's Whereabouts' van conversion. The concept was really great - someone with no experience and skills converts a van all by himself. But that guy had just zero common sense and was hungover most of the time doing things and it ended up with him swearing constantly and making mind baffling mistakes until he more or less gave up and had other people finish the job for him while he assisted. And then two days into living in the van, he was already struggling with it because it wasn't how he dreamed it would be.

We’ve been watching Highlands2hammocks, they do a great job of promoting Scotland, although they also spend a lot of time with their kit off! They are calm, sensible and cheerful.

I’m here because of my love of some van life Chanel’s and hatred of Those Happy Days. I’m with the person on the roaming radfords. I’ve watched them but just don’t like them. Agree on Willswhereabouts too, I think a lot of people have tried to cash in on the craze. Ex-payers and Travelbeans are a regular watch as are Kinginit, I love their energy despite their recent absence due to ongoing mental health issues. I think they are great advocates for the charities they raise cash for, I imagine the lifestyle of constantly being on the road and in front of a camera doesn’t help with anxiety and I do hope they are back on their feet again soon. I found a new couple last week. I’m gonna watch a few more before I recommend though. As wouldn’t want to recommend anyone that ends up being like The really sad but pretend to be happy Days.

Naick & Kim - they've shipped their van over to the US/Canada to do the big trip down to Argentina.

You get the edited stuff but they keep enough warts and all stuff in to show it as it is.

Another vote here for the Rolling Rucks as well. Solid, down to earth Welsh family who also show it as it is even when they cock up a bit.

Reactions: 4
I agree on the Roaming Radford's, I did watch the summer ones which were interesting, but not bothered since or even to watch the final ones. Find them a bit braggy with their huge Moho and staying in some very expensive sites. Don't mind the mum, but she seems to cook, clean and wash for a load of males who sit about doing what they want. She was even having to do work for their business on holiday. It's the Dad who I don't like, bit smug/smarmy for my liking.