Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Glottal Stop

Favourites are Camper Vibe and The Ex-pawers at the moment but have watched most of the others mentioned here. Have avoided the two twats in the big Green van as I have to watch my blood pressure.

• Haha
Reactions: 10

ReadySteadyGrift

Chatty Member
Sorry but if that happened to me, and I had a small child/baby with me and a van without closing windows, I'd be going to the relative safety of a campsite. Not "ripping off the band aid" and being further isolated in the mountains.

The fact that they are trying to monetise their "trauma" rings grifty alarm bells.

Reactions: 9

S. McQueen Light

The Travel Beans schlepping their infant son into record heat is an unfortunate turn of events. Yet, instead of planning ahead and making sure they can secure camp sites with at least electrical hookups to run the A/C overnight they suddenly realize that all the camp sites are booked up so they are forced to boondock had me a tad upset. Then they have an older rig and are surprised that some of the seals for the windows are skylight are leaking is just lazy. It's something RVers have to do or have some check every year. Again, you have a kid now get with it. Al wondering off to the Al Green concert was odd. I would love to see Rev. Green perform, but he barely seemed to know who he was and he confessed he is not even a live music guy. Next, he'll suddenly take up golf to get a break from his wife and kid while they travel together.

The Bean are not the worst. I still like them, but the more I see them try to carry on with their channel with a newborn continuously strikes me the wrong way.

ReadySteadyGrift

Chatty Member
So travel beans had their van broken in to. Afterwards they read reviews of the area on park for night where exactly the same thing had been happening. With a convenient promotional ad for Better Help thrown in for good measure.

Call me cynical but.......at least no one has set up a gofundme yet.

• Sick
  • Wow

50sGirl

VIP Member
What are everyone’s thoughts on full time van/motorhomers who travel with their school age children?
All those I’ve watched say there are “personal reasons“ as to why they removed their child(ren) from school and have chosen to home school them instead. I always think, yeah the reason is you wanted to go travelling and couldn’t do it if your child was in mainstream school.

• Heart
Reactions: 8

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Camper Vibe have bought a house in very rural Ireland. I find the smaller one, Emily?, incredibly false. It's like she plays up to being girlish and ditzy, laughing at absolutely nothing all the time so Louise can be wise and sensible.
Sounds like they're going still be living in their van while they do up the place.

Stockers_45

VIP Member
I really like them. Way better than fake Travel Beans, and The Indie Projects and so many others that have become clickbait Instagram seekers. All fake and just not worth the time.
---

Oneadvantureatatime
Destination Adventure
Philly & Keely
Vantastic
campervibe
Campervibe full timers? They’re having a holiday of a few months in their van as they’ve bought a property in Ireland and they’re as fake as the others if not more and so sketchy!

puddleduck

VIP Member
Truth is they all make huge amounts of money and it ruins them :
Indie Projects
Trent and Allie
Eamon and Bec (although I'm excusing them because she has been through so much and I still watch occasionally.)
There are others, feel free to add.
Not many new up and coming though.
I do like Jammy Gits and Lost in Transit but they are just kids.
All time best for me are Overlanding Sophia but there are none I look forward to watching that much anymore, even The Expawers have gotten boring.

Reactions: 7

Camperfan

VIP Member
I haven't watched Roaming Radford's in about a year but I succumbed to their clickbait title"we crashed the motorhome in Morocco". Hardly crashed, they've scraped the side driving into a car park, annoying yes but hardly catastrophic. He then went on to multiple times moan about the guys trying to guide him in, thought if he'd been left to himself it would never happen. Well, he was the one in charge of the vehicle, he didn't have to follow their instructions so it's on him either way. Such a tosser, don't drive such a ridiculous sized van if it's going to be awkward to navigate.
He did the same last year, scraped the underside of the van driving into a car park as it was too long to negotiate a ramp. Had no one to blame but himself that time.

In other news, OMG, I went for a walk yesterday and on the balcony of a flat there was an upside pineapple hanging out😮 it is in such an odd spot, on the outside of the balcony, I can only guess it means what I learnt in here😆

• Haha

S. McQueen Light

Travel Beans: it’s raining. We have a baby. It’s tight quarters in the van. We look scrubby. We eat standing up. Let’s drink whiskey.
snooze festival

Get a bigger van! Live in a house! Get an apartment! Plan better! Do something.

EleanorRigby

VIP Member
Camper Vibe have bought a house in very rural Ireland. I find the smaller one, Emily?, incredibly false. It's like she plays up to being girlish and ditzy, laughing at absolutely nothing all the time so Louise can be wise and sensible.
Sounds like they're going still be living in their van while they do up the place.
I used to really like the girls but I agree there seems to be a lot more playing up for the camera these days.

lil_mi

I am actually surprised this comment on their "The Truth" video wasn't deleted or hidden.

They wouldn't have need to post a video to take a stab at apologizing without actually apologizing if they didn't feel that they were in the wrong.

View attachment 2570844View attachment 2570849

View attachment 2570861
“We haven’t posed any videos damming the Scots as hostile” - you literally posted a video with a title of Angry Locals, Why Scotland Hates Van Life. They are fucking stupid at best but my guess is that they are plain manipulative. “I find this comment confusing” - no you don’t love, you know exactly what you’re doing and it’s absolutely pathetic.

They are literally gaslighting that commenter and the only confusing thing here is why anyone willingly chooses to watch their shit show of a channel anymore.They’ve shown their true colours this past week. I wouldn’t even want to give them the satisfaction of their own thread! They’d love it. They’ve fallen into the gutter of YT.

• Heart

Lovely

Chatty Member
I'm so happy I found this thread! I used to follow both Camper Vibe and Travel Beans, but had to unfollow because they were annoying me so much. I'm going to sound like a terrible snob, but both Emily and Louise's voices/accents annoy me so much and they have such terrible grammar. I'm also Irish, so as soon as Louise started going on about their big trip to 'Ay-Lunt', I couldn't take it anymore. I can tolerate Emily when she's not behaving like a child, but Louise absolutely loves the sound of her own voice (I don't know why!) and her endless voiceovers are so distracting.

As for Travel Beans, I just don't know how they live like that. There is really nothing about their lifestyle that I find aspirational (in the way that some of the other vanlifers are, where they manage to make it look quite glamorous and exciting even when it probably isn't). Also, I reckon Alex has a lot of issues and is a heavy drinker (once you notice it, you can't unsee how he has to have alcohol everywhere). Emma's constant cackling at his not-funny 'jokes' just feels like she's trying to make it seem like everything is fine when it definitely isn't.

Diamond Geezer

I know there are seperate threads on each of these channels but who are the worst vanlifers - I can’t quite decide - currently I think it’s a neck and neck race between Those Happy Days and the Travel Trolls - each overdose on click bait titles and are totally inept at what they do. Any other votes - what do you think?

Camperfan

VIP Member
Who buys new clothes to do renovations?! I wear my oldest joggers and sweatshirts, doesn't everyone?! I despair. I guess all the responses and tagging also serve to up their engagement levels to keep the whole show afloat. Grifters...