Travel Vloggers and VanLifers

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They seem to be buying a house in Ireland subject to a survey for mould I think?
I'm torn about these two. I really want to like them but something seems so false. I can't put my finger on what it is I can't warm to.
The more you watch them, the more you realize how calculated and dishonest they are. And how boring. The vlog starts with a drone shot of a scenic parking spot, then Louise rambles on for 5 minutes, they go on a dog walk/ hike, pretentious camera angle for the sponsorship is next, then Emily cooks something and cut to the next day where they ramble on some more while driving with some more scenic shots and we end the vlog with a merch plug. Yawn.

They could have gotten some amazing vlogs for months on end if they had gone on the trip they promised but never had any intention of following through with.

Reactions: 3
I've said before there's something about campervibe I don't like, especially Louise.
Thought they were going to other places house hunting, think they'd already decided on Ireland from the start.
That's another one shant bother watching anymore!

Reactions: 2
I've said before there's something about campervibe I don't like, especially Louise.
Thought they were going to other places house hunting, think they'd already decided on Ireland from the start.
That's another one shant bother watching anymore!
I think I've mentioned this before, but when I watched their van build series some months ago, I was shocked to see the Louise before YouTube fame. She was such a dark, short tempered and constantly exasperated person and the moment they started to get viewers, she completely changed and became this jokey, smiley character with all the sexual innuendos.

Reactions: 4
I think I've mentioned this before, but when I watched their van build series some months ago, I was shocked to see the Louise before YouTube fame. She was such a dark, short tempered and constantly exasperated person and the moment they started to get viewers, she completely changed and became this jokey, smiley character with all the sexual innuendos.
Oh Ive never watched the van build, I'm finding the sexual innuendos quite icky tbh.

Reactions: 5
Chapter by Chapter are the most melodramatic couple on YT, can’t watch them. Still enjoy Lost in Transit but they seem a bit… lost, ironically! I like them because they don’t seem to give two sh*ts about playing the YouTube game. Jammy Gits are okay but boring in my opinion, so much potential with where they take the van but they don’t actually do anything or see the places they are. They did a whole vlog in Romania about struggling to build a fire and failing to cook a potato.

Agree about the inneuedos with Camper Vibe, so over done and unnecessary. Louise is nothing but calculated as well, totally not surprised about those early vlogs 😒

Oh Ive never watched the van build, I'm finding the sexual innuendos quite icky tbh.
They’re so unnecessary and icky! Gadget John made a hideous one about meeting up with Emily and eating snacks out of her fanny! We all know Fanny is the name of Campervibes van and Emily is the SnackBandit, but it sounded so wrong and icky coming from a nearly sixty year old bloke! 🤢

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
I'm so happy I found this thread! I used to follow both Camper Vibe and Travel Beans, but had to unfollow because they were annoying me so much. I'm going to sound like a terrible snob, but both Emily and Louise's voices/accents annoy me so much and they have such terrible grammar. I'm also Irish, so as soon as Louise started going on about their big trip to 'Ay-Lunt', I couldn't take it anymore. I can tolerate Emily when she's not behaving like a child, but Louise absolutely loves the sound of her own voice (I don't know why!) and her endless voiceovers are so distracting.

As for Travel Beans, I just don't know how they live like that. There is really nothing about their lifestyle that I find aspirational (in the way that some of the other vanlifers are, where they manage to make it look quite glamorous and exciting even when it probably isn't). Also, I reckon Alex has a lot of issues and is a heavy drinker (once you notice it, you can't unsee how he has to have alcohol everywhere). Emma's constant cackling at his not-funny 'jokes' just feels like she's trying to make it seem like everything is fine when it definitely isn't.

Reactions: 7
They’re so unnecessary and icky! Gadget John made a hideous one about meeting up with Emily and eating snacks out of her fanny! We all know Fanny is the name of Campervibes van and Emily is the SnackBandit, but it sounded so wrong and icky coming from a nearly sixty year old bloke! 🤢
Oh, I've no idea who gadget John is, but that's bloody icky.

I'm so happy I found this thread! I used to follow both Camper Vibe and Travel Beans, but had to unfollow because they were annoying me so much. I'm going to sound like a terrible snob, but both Emily and Louise's voices/accents annoy me so much and they have such terrible grammar. I'm also Irish, so as soon as Louise started going on about their big trip to 'Ay-Lunt', I couldn't take it anymore. I can tolerate Emily when she's not behaving like a child, but Louise absolutely loves the sound of her own voice (I don't know why!) and her endless voiceovers are so distracting.

As for Travel Beans, I just don't know how they live like that. There is really nothing about their lifestyle that I find aspirational (in the way that some of the other vanlifers are, where they manage to make it look quite glamorous and exciting even when it probably isn't). Also, I reckon Alex has a lot of issues and is a heavy drinker (once you notice it, you can't unsee how he has to have alcohol everywhere). Emma's constant cackling at his not-funny 'jokes' just feels like she's trying to make it seem like everything is fine when it definitely isn't.
I knew I had to unfollow camper vibe, when Louise saying 'weafer' instead of 'weather' 20 times each vlog made me scream internally because that's the kind of thing that only annoys you, when you're at witch eating crackers levels with someone.

I always take note of alcohol consumption too, mainly because I'm not from the UK, so heavy drinking isn't something I'm used to seeing.
I find Lost in Transit are the worst offenders in that regard. During their Ireland trip, they were chucking down liters of Guinness every night and Tom said that during their break, he went to the the pub and got drunk every single day for a month.

They are a strange couple. Louise seems to patronise and baby Emily constantly, while Emily will play up to it and falsely laugh like a drain at everything Louise says.
I don't find them pleasant to watch at all.

Campervibe have just got so boring, plus the dog/cat really limit what they can do. Too hot, too cold, too wet, too busy...every single vlog. Maybe if it's so hard to find the right place for the animals being in a van isn't the right place for them? I just imagine their van must stink of wet dog 🤢
Once they go into house reno, even the house hunting, I just stop watching. That's not what I'm here for, plus so many of them going down the exact same routes now.

Travel Beans. Ah yes, a van with no heating in the depths of winter with a baby. Who'd have thought that would be a terrible idea? The undisclosed random ADs are awful as well.

Oh, to be an influencer... Kinging it just bought a property for 207k and now they're off on vacation to NYC, taking the rest of the year off "work".

• Wow
Oh, to be an influencer... Kinging it just bought a property for 207k and now they're off on vacation to NYC, taking the rest of the year off "work".
Kinging it are so out of touch with reality, always joking that they need to get a paper round after making big purchases (house, car, custard repairs, her engagement ring), when most people seriously need to get second jobs on top of a full time one just to put food on the table and heat their house.

They think it makes them relatable when we all know they’ve never worked a hard day in their lives and wouldn’t last five minutes in a ‘normal’ job because they are lazy and self centred brats

What the Travel Beans are inflicting upon their baby son is maddening to me.
can't find it now but there was a clip in either the last or the second last video where the baby's face looked filthy or severely wind burned.

Reactions: 1
They seem to be buying a house in Ireland subject to a survey for mould I think?
I'm torn about these two. I really want to like them but something seems so false. I can't put my finger on what it is I can't warm to.
I really like them. Way better than fake Travel Beans, and The Indie Projects and so many others that have become clickbait Instagram seekers. All fake and just not worth the time.
---
Apart from Overlanding Sophia and Tread the Globe are there any actual full time travel van lifers anymore?
Oneadvantureatatime
Destination Adventure
Philly & Keely
Vantastic
campervibe

• Haha
I really like them. Way better than fake Travel Beans, and The Indie Projects and so many others that have become clickbait Instagram seekers. All fake and just not worth the time.
---

Oneadvantureatatime
Destination Adventure
Philly & Keely
Vantastic
campervibe
Campervibe full timers? They’re having a holiday of a few months in their van as they’ve bought a property in Ireland and they’re as fake as the others if not more and so sketchy!

Reactions: 8
Lost in Transit did a hitch hiking video to return to where he lost his walking stick on his trek across the UK.
different kind of video from them but dangerous for a tree branch.