Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Giggling Squid

VIP Member
  • Haha
Reactions: 8

Ding

VIP Member
I ordered a last minute greggs bag today, had half an hour to collect. Was really happy with it (although, this is my third now and I still haven't had any sausage rolls 😂)

It contained -
Ham and cheese baguette
Egg salad roll
Tuna pasta
2 choc eclairs
Box of 4 doughnuts (2 caramel, 1 choc, 1 pink jammy)

I've ordered a breakfast hot food bag from our local Co-op garage in the morning so will update with what I get from there 🙂

Wish I'd never discovered this app 😂 still not got rid of the lockdown pounds 😂

• Heart
Got Costa bag tonight, contained:
1 x Tuna melt panini,
2 x ham& cheese toasties and
2 x cheddar & roasted tomatoes toasties
Pretty good for £3

hydeist

Chatty Member
I know when my mum was counting very penny she would never have spent 3.49 or 4.99 not knowing what she was getting. As she stetched that as far as it would go
Agreed - when I was personally living on very little money I would never have taken the risk on one of these bags because I could have spent £4 easily on a few days food without getting a random assortment of reduced crap. It's to reduce waste and stop food being thrown in the bin otherwise, imo.

knivesnflowers

VIP Member
Picked up a Soho coffee bag earlier. It had a 5 bean wrap, melon pot, feta and butternut squash salad pot and a chicken toastie. Not bad for £3!
Tomorrow I am collecting a Pret breakfast bag.....
i got a pret breakfast bag in london last weekend! two breakfast rolls and a ham and cheese croissant for £3. they asked about diet when i got there and best thing was she took them off the shelf so they were piping hot and of quality that would've been sold that day anyway! it did me for brunch on the saturday and sunday

YogaKitty444

I've ordered a Co-Op one for tonight. Store near me has just signed up and it fits perfectly with the time I'm passing it after work so I'll see what I get!
Not expecting much as I've had Spar / One Stop ones before and they were pretty rubbish.
We shall see!

Sheabutter

VIP Member
At the last second I got two bags located around the corner from each other. They both had morning pickups so I was hoping for sandwiches. That did not materialize but it’s okay, I have seven pastries in total and they’re all pretty nice: four scones, a kouign amman, lemon poppy quick bread, and a tea cake that tasted extra nutmeg-y. Almost all of it is in the freezer except for the kouign amman because I haven’t figured out how to reheat flaky pastry. I sampled some of the scones while storing them just to gauge the quality and it was next level. 🤤

• Heart

HoGi

VIP Member
Was in my local city this evening so was able to get a starbucks bag for £4.50

2 tu nah sandwiches
1 brownie
1 cherry pastry
1 cookie

The sandwiches are questionable but I will try them!
Quoting myself to say the Tu Nah sandwiches are nasty.

Hats off to any influencer who was paid to advertise these a few months back and had to pretend they liked it on camera. They deserve an Oscar

• Haha

Gossngiggles

VIP Member
I got my yo sushi bag!!! I don’t know why it was badly rated because I got some good stuff 😋 two boxes of sushi (and a really good variety too), and edamame! The prices are still on the sushi as well (£7.55, £7.90), and I got the bag for £3.50 :)

Although I told the guy there I had a too good to go bag and he said “how many?” And I said “just one”…he didn’t ask to see my collection ID, my app for the order or anything? I would never, but could have said 5 bags pls 😂😂😂
I think sometimes people rate them badly when they get something they don’t like. I remember when it first came out and it was Morrison’s ones that people were getting and on some Facebook groups people were moaning because they didn’t get massive birthday cakes like other people were getting.

• Haha

rainbowhouse

VIP Member
And don't forget they'd have been reduced in store before TGTG as nearing end of sale (they're usually the items that get reduced and they just don't put the 25%-50% off stickers on) so actually about £10 / £12
I didn’t think of this. I prefer to think I had a £20 meal for 3 quid 🤣

• Haha

ack13

Hi everyone!

I only found out about TGTG yesterday and so far have bought 2 bags haha.

From Morrisons I got:
1 huge bags of potatoes
1 bag of pears
1 bag of lemons
1 bag of shallots
1 cob loaf
1 bag of 8 snack sausage rolls
1 bag of “assorted cooked meat pieces” which sounded horrific but actually when I opened it, it was slices of different types of meat.
= £3.09

From Starbucks:
1 tuna and cheese melt panini
A triple choc cookie
A gingerbread loaf slice
A caramel and chocolate muffin
A Danish pastry
= £3.59

I managed to snag a magic bag from Waitrose at the shell garage for tomorrow for £5 😂

• Wow

tigerlilly_xx

Chatty Member
I’d just make sure if you get a Morrisons one they package it properly. They just brought it out to my in a paper bag, and asked me to leave the cafe to open it…

the lady was quite rude too, because the cafe was closed, I went under a barrier to get to the til. She was abit cranky that I did that.
Prob won’t get one again due to my anxiety, honestly I’m still shaking but that’s a personal issue.
My kids enjoyed the lemon pie with a spoon, and loved the sandwiches.

Attachments

• Sad
  • Wow
  • Heart

nbt

VIP Member
@Bubblesdahling made me want to try a carvery… it was bloody amazing.

Gammon, roast, new AND mashed potatoes, carrots, leeks and cauli cheese, red cabbage, parsnips and a yorkie. Phwoar!

E75230AF-8FD8-47D6-AC20-72CFB5061334.jpeg

• Heart

HoGi

VIP Member
Starbucks mucked up again. Said she hadn't sold all 6 bags she listed only sold 4 so had binned the food!!!!!!!!!! But still made me a bag with 3 cheese and ham toasties (guessing she was taking them home as they were jn the bin) and a cookie. As I left a man turned up to collect his and she refunded him. So she HAD sold the 6 was just impatient to wait until collection time was up 😡

The wenzles bag was a tuna sandwich, marble cake, Belgian bun and a large loaf of bread. So quite pleased with that one.

Won't be ordering from starbs again though

• Wow

ElektraWintour

VIP Member
Husband managed to get a Gail’s bag today. He got 3 yogurt/fruit pots, 2 salad pots, 1 cheese twist, 1 flapjack and 1 pastry. Not bad for £5.