Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Misbehaving

VIP Member
I just have to say I love this app I use it a couple of times a week I'm a bit obsessed 🤣!
I live in Islington and I'm lucky because they have loads of really good places to collect from near me!
I am spoilt for choice and rarely have a bad experience the the only place I stopped getting things from was the local fruit and veg shop as last time some of the stuff was really quite rotten!

The app is really good though for getting really nice goods from the bakery restaurant food and take away pizza!
Some that I recommend are...

Waitrose. bags are always fresh and interesting selections plus plenty of food for the price (£5 for one)
St Johns bakery. My absolute favourite here I order 2 bags usually price is just under £9 I usually get about 6 loaves of (artisan sourdough) bread about 4 different pastries and maybe some mince pies about 2 or 3 or their famous doughnuts! (y)
It's fantastic quality and value and I freeze most of the bread in the freezer so we always have a fresh supply.
Pixxa. Again really good quality proper Italian pizza served by the (large) slice you can get 2 slices for about £3
Also lots of Indian restaurants are really tasty and good value in particular Punjab vegetarian restaurant.... beautifully cooked healthy and delicious food....a special treat ...
Also Ole and Steen a Nordic bakery I order 2 bags (we are a big family!) and again it's full of goodies juices bread salads cakes you name it all very good quality and all a fraction of the price....
The app is also really good for Greek food and Italian delicatessen food and the regular go to places like Cafe Nero and Starbucks....plus plenty more.

Honestly it's an absolute bargain (so much so that I got rid of just eat) you get delicious food at a fraction of the price plus you save waste what's not to love?

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 10

Kerrie86

VIP Member
The novelty does wear off a bit eventually, doesn’t it?
I got one from costa yesterday when I was passing. It was packaged up already but she made a point of saying she’d put a bit more in. She put a pain au raisin in and two slices of banana bread, and when I got home I also had a porridge pot, a tuna Mayo sandwich and a ham and cheese sandwich. I’d have been a bit disappointed if the lady hadn’t put the extras in!

They’ve also updated the app and you need to manually remove ‘show sold out’ each time. It’s a minor annoyance, but I don’t know why they changed it!

Reactions: 9

Ticketyboots

That is such a great value bag. I must say that I gave also been spoilt by a Greggs bag. Now every other bag seemingly looks paltry in comparison 😆

Bubblesdahling

VIP Member
Ahh no that is so disappointing. it can be so hit and miss, does it meet the minimum amount?
I don't think it does as it says it was worth £12!

Edited to add, I've just send TGTG a message including my photo showing the contents was not worth £12, it wasn't even worth half that. Let's see what they say as all the other bags have been really good value for money.

Last edited:
  • Wow

Bubblesdahling

VIP Member
I picked up 2 Stonehouse carvery breakfast bags the other day. Sorry I ate it before I thought to take a picture! It was worth the money £2.79. I got 2 sausage, 3 bacon, 2 black pudding, 2 hash brown, half a slice of fried bread, half a sugar waffle, 1 fried egg and beans.

Can't wait to report back later as I've managed to snag a Krispy Kreme bag for tonight 😋

Got a Costa bag today, it contained
2 x ham & cheese toasties,
1 x vegan burrito meal box,
1 x Malteser muffin
2 x cinnamon buns 👌😊

marjan

Chatty Member
Just ordered my first ever box for € 4,99. Too Good To Go is not really a thing here in the Netherlands so the options are limited. Mostly bread boxes in my area but I managed to get a magic box from a local supermarket. Will share what I got once I pick it up tonight!

Ticketyboots

Exactly the same after seeing the carvery from @Bubblesdahling.

Last night I collected a vegetarian carvery from a Stonehouse pub (the meat ones had sold out).

For £2.28 there was an abundance of roasties, mash, mashed swede, carrots, peas, onion gravy and stuffing.

I couldn't finish it all.
Will definitely return for another feast 👍

Attachments

Bubblesdahling

VIP Member
Today's Greggs bag, from the industrial estate. Shock horror, my first bag without a 4 pack of sausage rolls 😆

20220405_135707.jpg

2 yum yums
Chicken and bacon pasta
Chicken and bacon baguette
Corned beef bake
2 Easter cupcakes

£2.59

• Heart
  • Wow

rivermonster

VIP Member
You can definitely freeze the mango! Wouldn’t bother with the lettuce because I can’t stand the stuff but the rest of it will all be absolutely fine tomorrow… Cook the corned beef, corned beef hash. Haven’t had that in years!
I would freeze the corned beef aswell. My hubby eats his yellow tickets the following day and he is still here. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha

rainbowhouse

VIP Member
Been getting Starbucks and Costa ones for a while so was excited to finally get a Greggs one … what a disappointment!
A four pack of sausage rolls
A salad baguette
A raspberry muffin
£3.59

• Sad
  • Wow

DuckDuck

VIP Member
I use this a lot , maybe 2 or 3 times a week . Gregg's being the best one . For £2.59 I often get a box of donuts , random cakes around 3 or 4. A baguette , sandwich and maybe sausage rolls .
Had a good costa one before in a town I was working in one time, that had breakfast roll , cakes, baguettes, very good
Havent tried the costa near me . I'll add pics .
My daughters meal deal at school costs more than the good to go bag from Gregg's and she gets no where near as much

20210803_165107.jpg

That one wasnt a Gregg's. It was an independent bakery .. I'll find a Gregg's pic

Screenshot_20211128-123029_WhatsApp.jpg

That Gregg's one was 4 sausage rolls, 2 steak bakes , 2 pink jammies , 2 Belgian bun and a ham sandwich
It did Mr Duck and Duckette a lunch each with spare for Mr Duck witha cup of tea

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow

Ticketyboots

This was my latest Greggs bag. Four filled doughnuts, 2 yum yums, a feta pasta, a chicken baguette, and a wee fruit salad. They only offer 5 magic bags and they are snapped up as soon as released. I am in NW Kent.
20220602_155934.jpg

EasterEggs

Chatty Member
I did my first two orders this week!

The first from a local deli/sandwich place - I got 2 big filled baguettes and a chocolate twist which I was pleased with for £4!

Today I got a grocery bag from a Little Waitrose at a Shell near me and got 4 rolls, 4 croissants, 6 crumpets, a ready meal, a bag of carrots and punnet of blueberries for £5 so I’m pleased!

I really wish more places did specific veggie/meat options but I guess that would be too difficult and quite limiting.

Kmacg

I work with TGTG for a well known coffee shop and when I bag them up i always sling in a few paninis, salads, pastries and cakes. Most people who collect are lovely too, so greatful and polite!

• Heart