Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
So far I’ve used it twice to get a bag from Starbucks. First one was brilliant with a croissant, cakes, muffin and something else.
Second bag was meh. I picked it up at 9:30pm and got two wraps - both had gone bad by the next morning. And a juice. Bit of a let down.

I’ve stopped using them as I’ve been told off by a co-worker who said it was only for people who couldn’t afford food otherwise. What’s everyones opinion on that? I am a student so not bathing in money but thankfully can live comfortably.
Don’t listen to your silly co worker! It’s about saving food from being dumped it’s not marketed as an app for people in poverty. I’m very strapped for cash right now and honestly I don’t think toogoodtogo is great when you’re on a v tight budget anyway as you could potentially get things you don’t even like. They are being completely ridiculous with that comment, you carry on!

Reactions: 8

marjan

Chatty Member
Picked up a mystery box and it had a lot of good things in it like meat, vegetables and salads. I paid € 4,99 and I think the value is around 25-30! One of the meats that was in it had a price tag of 5 haha so this one was well worth it

Bubblesdahling

VIP Member
I've reserved 2 carveries this evening. Can't wait to pick them up as they have 4.9/5 score. I shall report back with a picture in a bit 😋

• Heart

nbt

VIP Member
Picked up a decent Costa bag today. Really happy with it as never had the fajita wrap or sausage cobs before.

3A35F948-8481-43FE-ABA4-E1D4D5A56067.jpeg

How does everyone use their food? I’ll freeze some things if I’m not going to eat them in a couple of days.

My favourite is still the Morrisons I picked up the other day with all that fruit and veg! Amazing value as I’ve had so many meals out of it.

Baked nectarines x2 (different recipes)
Beef bourgignon with a stew pack
Dauphinoise potatoes
Veg with a roast
Mango salsa
Pancakes using the strawberries

I still have courgettes left but I’m using them for courgetti tomorrow. Anything else I have left is still absolutely fine too and I frozen the bread loaf and 2 muffin packs. Hoping for one of those again soon 🤞🏻

Elles20

VIP Member
hat's amazing! What area is this?
It's in Croydon and I reserved it last night knowing I was passing by. Now we have a birthday cake to eat between the two of us 🤣. I'll report back on the taste 😜
They also do a cupcake/cookies bag for £3.59 with a 4.8 rating!

• Wow

Scorpihoe

VIP Member
Here's my Yo Sushi bag:

View attachment 1296732

The photo does not do it justice, as the three bowls had a minimum of 5 pieces of sushi in each one. I got California rolls(marked as £7.30), prawn rolls(marked as £7.60) and Yo signature rolls. Well worth the £3.50!

As @Scorpihoe said, my local Yo is only rated 3.8/5 and I would give it 5/5. The restaurant is in a shopping mall and was closed when I got there. I said to the guy I had a TGTG bag to collect and he didn't ask for my code or anything either. He said the bag wasn't ready and I waited a few minutes for it. Swear they made it fresh as there was no sushi to be seen anywhere in the store!
My yo sushi is rated so poorly (3.3)…which is shocking!

I thought it was fantastic value and probably one of the best I’ve gotten so far. I don’t rate a bag based on whether I like the food, because that’s not in the control of the restaurant, they can’t help what’s left at the end of the day. I vote based on value and friendliness of staff, and also the quality of the food (no foul smell etc). :)

Overall I’m super happy with the bag, it was already made up which makes me think they had quite a few too good to gos. They’re always sold out near me, I had to be quick 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 7

Welshgal

VIP Member
It‘s been a while but I finally managed to get another starbucks bag!
- chocolate croissant
- purple donut
-chocolate muffin
- pretzel snack

Zenchick101

VIP Member
My teen has just ordered one from the BP garage, collect in the next half Hour. Fingers crossed for some decent stuff.

It’s good , but not good. Won’t be eating any of this tonight as it’s too late and none of it can be frozen. I feel bad but it will all go to waste 🙁
some of it can last one more day??

Zulkraa

VIP Member
Well my Greggs bag was absolute crap, cost me £3 and it barely covers that, I would have rather just spent the £3 on a couple of sausage rolls or something else of my actual choice. Claims on the app that the magic bag would be worth £8, not a chance.

I am not even sure you can actually buy the teeny cup cake on its own, I think it’s come out of a multipack?

View attachment 1900235

I get that you don’t get a choice of what you get and that’s part of the fun, but if they’re going to claim it’s worth £8 then they need to be in that ballpark? Even at shelf prices this is barely £4.

Complaint submitted.
TGTO will give you a refund if you send them a photo of what you got. That is disappointing 🙁

Hopefully if you able to try another branch then do.

mcfeez

VIP Member
I got one yesterday as a little treat; from Auntie Anne's pretzels. For £3.50 we got a salted pretzel, a sweet pretzel with a twix inside and a box of the "nuggets" with cinnamon sugar. My husband was always walking past it saying how nice it smelled and how he wanted to try it so got us it to try. It was very good!

• Heart

panda_eyes

VIP Member
£3.99 for all of this. From Dobbies Garden Center (Sainsbury's). There is a Spar nearish but I just imagine their bags would be filled with old lettuces?

I've only had the coconut milk once before (and in one of these bags)… it's yummy. Especially pleased with the veg as we are having chicken tonight 😁 the chocolate brownie tarts don't go off until the 12th, I love it when they sling something in that feels like it shouldn't be there.

20220401_174127.jpg

• Wow

Pretty Hate Machine

I just got one of the Harvester salad bags. I was a bit disappointed to be honest. Small bowl of salad that looks pretty manky, couple of rolls and a tiny container with some dressing in. It will make an ok lunch tomorrow, but it is nowhere near the £8.99 value it claims to be which is maybe why I feel a bit short changed. Especially as their salad bar is usually free and unlimited! The guy behind me in the queue laughed and walked out without his food! o_O I did notice that they kept uploading more and more bags available throuout the day so wondered if they really overstretched themselves on this. Nevermind, will cross them off my list for now. :D

• Wow
  • Sad

Bubblesdahling

VIP Member
So, picked up my bag from a different Greggs and was happy today! 2 croissants, tuna crunch baguette, 4 pack of millionaire's shortbread and the obligatory 4 pack of sausage rolls. I don't think I've had one bag without the sausage rolls in 🤣