Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Former_Antelopee

VIP Member
I got a cake one today from a local cake shop. I got one box of 3 slices of cake - red velvet, chocolate and lemon. And a full chocolate cake. She asked which cake flavour is my favourite and I said chocolate. I think I was the first to pick up so for first choice.

• Heart
Reactions: 12

Tinkerbell cat

VIP Member
7EF314C3-D5BE-447E-BF7D-67B7DC2F21A3.jpeg
7EF314C3-D5BE-447E-BF7D-67B7DC2F21A3.jpeg
This was what my boyfriends mum got from gregs today, I thought that was quite good for like £2.50 or whatever it was :)

• Heart

Gossngiggles

VIP Member
Happy with my coop bakery bag! 2 pain au raisin, 2 apple turnovers, 2 croissants. a cinnamon swirl, pack of chocolate chip cookies, 2 scones, 2 packs of large wraps and a big baguette.

Bubblesdahling

VIP Member
Just collected a bag from Greggs for £2.49. It contained the following:
Box of 4 pink spinkle doughnuts
1 apple Danish
1 just ham wholemeal sandwich
1 ham, egg and salad oval

Overall a pretty good deal. The doughnuts costs more alone usually. I have managed to reserve one for tomorrow too at my nearest store so I'll see if there's anything different in that one.

• Heart
Got a Cafe Nero magic bag last night. I
It contained
2 x croissants,
2 x pain au chocolates,
1 x brie & bacon &chutney panini,
1 x mushroom & marscapone toastie
and 1 x BLT sandwich... soo good for only £3.09! All gone we had the pastries for breakfast and the rest for lunch ☺

• Heart
Reactions: 11

chickhicks86

VIP Member
I've done one from a local artisan type cafe, I went in and they just told me to pick 3 slices of cake from the cake cabinet! I'm not sure that's entirely the point of it, I assumed it was stuff that would otherwise be chucked? Not complaining though, it's good cake!

• Heart

Notworthy

VIP Member
Whoop whoop not 1 mac and cheese toastie but 2. I literally only booked a costa one in the hope I'd get 1 and got there early to maximise my chances

• Haha
  • Heart

panda_eyes

VIP Member
I've managed to get two bags this week - the other days there hasn't been enough surplus food (booo). One bag was definitely better than the other! Both were £3.59 each.

20220303_174308.jpg

The pizza was really nice, but I was a bit sick of egg by the end of eating all of this 🥴

20220306_161552.jpg

This was todays - woo hoo! The Mr Kipling cakes don't go off until the 27th either 🥳 Happy days.

• Heart

nbt

VIP Member
A3AF6251-07F9-4808-A377-8E1D60395B00.jpeg

This is two bags worth and shows how different areas can vary. (I did have a reason to be in both areas and don’t just drive around collecting magic bags by the way 👀😂)

From the Costa in my area I received the cake slice, cookie and toastie. A few miles down the road at a supermarket Costa I got the rest!

So yeah, I’m moving back to my hometown where the magic bags are clearly much better 😂

• Heart
  • Wow

Kellybobz

I picked one up from Morrisons tonight:
3 packs of mushrooms 🤢
4 packs of raspberries, of which I managed to salvage about a packs worth, the rest were mouldy 🙄
4 packs of braeburns (24 in total!)
2 packs of radishes
A pack of grapes

• Wow
  • Sad

Notworthy

VIP Member
Got a Nero sweets and pastries bag, chuffed, 4 pieces of chocolate rice crispy traybake, 1 caramel slice, 2 pain au chocolate and 2 plain croissants for £2.59. Not one I'd get regularly but as a treat very nice

• Heart
  • Wow

Bubblesdahling

VIP Member
Managed to get (another) Greggs on the way home from work today. Kids were happy with the doughnuts!

20220402_132532.jpg

Ham and cheese baguette
4 jam doughnuts
4 pink sprinkle doughnuts
2 yum yums
Pack of chocolate chip cookies
And a 4 pack of sausage rolls(gives me visions of shouting "cuddly toy" when the Generation Game was on and it's was the conveyor belt bit. Showing my age now 😉)
£2.59!

• Heart
  • Haha

Bubblesdahling

VIP Member
No picture of the Pret breakfast bag I'm afraid as I've been rushing around all day. I thought it was worth the £3. It contained 2 veggies croissants with cheese and tomato, 1 omelet, mushroom and tomato bap and a bacon and sausage bap.

Looking forward to collecting the Yo Sushi bag later....

• Heart

Sheabutter

VIP Member
so what did you get??
Haha my bad - a chocolate almond croissant, their fancy cheesy bread twist, and a salmon sandwich with herby cream cheese & arugula on turmeric bread. The last bit was a weird surprise and tasted much nicer than it sounds. All told, it went far over the “three times the value of what you paid” rule. They’re so expensive! I sampled bits of everything when I got home and I’ll say they really know how to do savory 😊

• Heart

Bubblesdahling

VIP Member
Soooo disappointed with the Millie's cookies bag 🥺

20220407_200752.jpg

£3.99 for 4 slices of the same flavoured cookie. Safe to say I won't bother again. Greggs is so much better value and the amount of food you get for almost half the cost of millies is such a better deal.

• Wow
  • Sad

Kellybobz

This was my ‘free’ £5 box from Paul’s. A mystery sandwich (it didn’t really taste of anything and we didn’t eat much of it), 2 almond eclairs and a very boozy Black Forest Christmas tree. They took the stuff out of the cabinet when we arrived and it was worth probably 4 times what the £5 the bag sells for
A4FC7DBF-0D68-4DDA-8765-5FDACB98EE35.jpeg

We also ended up ordering a Cafe Nero one on the way back to the hotel after it popped up, which was I think around £4. This had a chicken salad, an all day breakfast, a berry and yogurt granola pot, a cinnamon roll and an almond croissant. Again, they took these out of the cabinet when we arrived. These boxes did us for dessert and breakfast the following morning.
EF819477-4DE6-481D-8386-A6F7A6327EE5.jpeg

After the success of my first Paul’s box, we ordered another the following day! This one had 2 chicken salad baguettes, a sweet reindeer bread thing and an apple tart tatin.
41F54437-3FD4-48D0-AE17-AB7171E67576.jpeg

The previous night I’d seen Lola’s Cupcakes pop up, so looked out for this tonight. The box was £4.50 and had 4 full size cupcakes. The boxes were made up ready to collect.
033D505F-1635-4E8A-AC7C-F299CC76FFD3.jpeg

These boxes did us for dessert last night and the train journey home today!

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow