Tom Hiddleston #8 Fifty shades of blue

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I meant I read it for more than just celeb articles and I tend to skip past the commenters than are madder than a box of frogs. But for most articles it's interesting to read through the articles but put a good looking male or female celeb as the focus of the article then yes the trolls come out.
I have to say that some journalists are really stupid. They all wrote that they are engaged, just because she was supposedly showing her ring for the first time in this one photo and always hid it on the red carpet before. (Which is already a lie!) None of these media outlets bothered to actually check that she had this ring on since September on a beach holiday in Ibiza. And at an important awards ceremony , the Tonys, didn't have it on at all and then put it on now and then. at other events very often hid her hand so you had to speculate. Why she had to or wanted to do that cannot be verified.
And whether they are young journalists or not, most of them have a degree, so you'd think they'd have half a good mind.

Reactions: 2
That is lovely without being too intrusive and revealing. I wonder if the source is Jamie Lloyd or possibly even that usher girl who was posting videos from Betrayal bts a few months ago 😂

I definitely didn’t know anything about Zawe before rumors of their relationship came out but so imagine Brits would be more familiar with her? There was an article about their relationship I think in the Sun when the broadway run started and the subway snap and some other bits and pieces here and there. I think her being so unknown helped them stay private because no one was looking out for them being together or recognizing her to take pictures for the most part. They did an incredible job of keeping themselves off the map, other stars have done it too but it’s impressive nonetheless.

Marvel fans are RUTHLESS and she hopefully has a thick skin between the things she is already hearing from Tom stans and the criticism she will inevitably receive from fanboys who look to hate everything Captain Marvel related. It’s very tough being in that franchise especially as a woman.

Meanwhile, me waiting for TES trailer like…
View attachment 1134230
TES trailer will probably drop soon. The people article source was more than likely a theater worker. So yeah probably the usher. Sources usually come crawling out of the woodwork when it benefits them. Yes Marvel fans are ruthless and they aren’t big on CM but I have to agree since I am not a fan of Brie Larson either. Her acting is some of the worst I’ve seen. Plus she’s extremely arrogant. Once again that’s just my take.
I have to say that some journalists are really stupid. They all wrote that they are engaged, just because she was supposedly showing her ring for the first time in this one photo and always hid it on the red carpet before. (Which is already a lie!) None of these media outlets bothered to actually check that she had this ring on since September on a beach holiday in Ibiza. And at an important awards ceremony , the Tonys, didn't have it on at all and then put it on now and then. at other events very often hid her hand so you had to speculate. Why she had to or wanted to do that cannot be verified.
And whether they are young journalists or not, most of them have a degree, so you'd think they'd have half a good mind.
Tabloids often insult the intelligence of their readers and think they are “breaking” a story. These articles are badly written and sound like a fan fiction writer if you ask me. Even the People article was poorly written. I’m generally not a fan of the tabs though so I don’t hold them in high regard. But they stay in business because many eat it up. Also celeb gossip is a bigger seller than their careers. But unless the gossip is damaging or causing an issue the celebs and their PR usually do nothing to stop it.

Charlie said that Tom persuated him to go to see Spiderman screening secretly :D Tom seems to be like good uncle/friend/buddy to anybody coming into Marvel (however Charlie has been in MCU for some time, considering Daredevil is a canon now). And what is more exciting prospect, with Loki being able to appear anywhere now, Tom can meet anybody from the Marvel actors on screen (not that he didn´t meet many of them in other projects).

Funny thing about those articles is how they tie Tom to like ANY female co-star (except probably Tilda Swinton who was, after all, already 20 years older than Tom in Only lovers left alive) and that he was in "relationship" with her. I think there may be some hint to him and Elizabeth Olsen given some of the photos we saw but it happens that two actors hang out during filming (and sometimes get together for a while). It is like any work place, where colleagues get sometimes involved but nothing serious comes out of it....or they just hang out after work.

But still, I am glad they are writing about Tom, however it is now more about the relationship than TES at the moment but any publicity is good. I noticed they are often writing also how private he is about his life so I am glad it is noticed (and hopefully respected). That is maybe why they keep bringing Taylor Swift into the picture because Tom hasn´t done anything scandalous for ...well, ever, actually, the 2016 "out of proportion" thing was more of tabloid doing than Tom´s
Charlie said that Tom persuated him to go to see Spiderman screening secretly :D Tom seems to be like good uncle/friend/buddy to anybody coming into Marvel (however Charlie has been in MCU for some time, considering Daredevil is a canon now). And what is more exciting prospect, with Loki being able to appear anywhere now, Tom can meet anybody from the Marvel actors on screen (not that he didn´t meet many of them in other projects).

Funny thing about those articles is how they tie Tom to like ANY female co-star (except probably Tilda Swinton who was, after all, already 20 years older than Tom in Only lovers left alive) and that he was in "relationship" with her. I think there may be some hint to him and Elizabeth Olsen given some of the photos we saw but it happens that two actors hang out during filming (and sometimes get together for a while). It is like any work place, where colleagues get sometimes involved but nothing serious comes out of it....or they just hang out after work.

But still, I am glad they are writing about Tom, however it is now more about the relationship than TES at the moment but any publicity is good. I noticed they are often writing also how private he is about his life so I am glad it is noticed (and hopefully respected). That is maybe why they keep bringing Taylor Swift into the picture because Tom hasn´t done anything scandalous for ...well, ever, actually, the 2016 "out of proportion" thing was more of tabloid doing than Tom´s
The thing with the ambiguity and speculation around whether or not the male and female lead of a production are dating in real life is that it’s often a PR tactic by the production and actors in order to gain attention to them and their work. Not sure I’d it happens in the British entertainment industry but it’s certainly very common in Asian entertainment industries.

It’s interesting to see how the tabloids and news articles went from talking about their engagement to marriage even though nothing has been confirmed. The timing of it all is also right when Apple TV has just started promoting TES. I really do hope the attention around Tom’s relationship will help TES though. So many big movies and shows are all airing in May so there’s lots of competition.

I definitely didn’t know anything about Zawe before rumors of their relationship came out but so imagine Brits would be more familiar with her? There was an article about their relationship I think in the Sun when the broadway run started and the subway snap and some other bits and pieces here and there. I think her being so unknown helped them stay private because no one was looking out for them being together or recognizing her to take pictures for the most part. They did an incredible job of keeping themselves off the map, other stars have done it too but it’s impressive nonetheless.
If you were into modern comedy in Britain you would have probably known who she was other than that no. There's a soap actress here who strongly resembles her and she's said she's stopped if she's in London with her boyfriend with people thinking she's Zawe and asking where Tom is. There was some stories around the time of St Trinians 2 which she was in and then if you were a DW fan you'd remember her less than stellar performance in that and the chatter around it. Fresh Meat had a niche following and her co stars all fairing better than her at the time. One of them is an absolute nutcase (he's lovely) and hugged me while I was waiting for a train singing loudly. My director friend laughed and I was mortified. But everyone there knew who he was but that was because of what he went on to do. My director friend only knew Zawe because she'd done Fresh Meat with her friend. Would she be recognised if she were walking down the street on her own? Probably not.

The thing with the ambiguity and speculation around whether or not the male and female lead of a production are dating in real life is that it’s often a PR tactic by the production and actors in order to gain attention to them and their work. Not sure I’d it happens in the British entertainment industry but it’s certainly very common in Asian entertainment industries.

It’s interesting to see how the tabloids and news articles went from talking about their engagement to marriage even though nothing has been confirmed. The timing of it all is also right when Apple TV has just started promoting TES. I really do hope the attention around Tom’s relationship will help TES though. So many big movies and shows are all airing in May so there’s lots of competition.
Speculation does help to a certain extent. It’s usually only damaging press that can hurt the actor or their career. And yeah speculation about relationships to promote or boost the public interest is very common. Tabloids very rarely confirm anything and their sources for information are often questionable. Once the ball starts rolling on a subject with the tabloids it usually spreads like wildfire and the stories usually grow along with it.
If you were into modern comedy in Britain you would have probably known who she was other than that no. There's a soap actress here who strongly resembles her and she's said she's stopped if she's in London with her boyfriend with people thinking she's Zawe and asking where Tom is. There was some stories around the time of St Trinians 2 which she was in and then if you were a DW fan you'd remember her less than stellar performance in that and the chatter around it. Fresh Meat had a niche following and her co stars all fairing better than her at the time. One of them is an absolute nutcase (he's lovely) and hugged me while I was waiting for a train singing loudly. My director friend laughed and I was mortified. But everyone there knew who he was but that was because of what he went on to do. My director friend only knew Zawe because she'd done Fresh Meat with her friend. Would she be recognised if she were walking down the street on her own? Probably not.
I am not a DW fan so I haven’t checked it out. I would think she’s a little bit more recognizable in the last few years though?

I am Doctor Who fan and what I do remember (cos it is still pretty fresh and Capaldi is my favourite Doctor) is that her role was liked that much that some said she could have become a companion? I don´t remember much negativity...eh, correction, there has been a lot of negativity ever since certain "fans" didn´t see Rose and Ten getting a household together but meaning her character (if we are talking about fandoms, at certain point,. DW was the worst). But her character was pretty well received, I think. But I have to admit I only thought "oh, that´s her!" only after I saw her casting in The Marvels. I knew her briefly as an actress before, then I knew she was in The Betrayal with Tom but you just get that with a lot of actors.

Like that Andrew Garfield was in Doctor Who as well, in one of the worst Dalek episodes ever :D

I think these days, you go either to Doctor Who...or Marvel :D (or both :D )

Last edited:
I am Doctor Who fan and what I do remember (cos it is still pretty fresh and Capaldi is my favourite Doctor) is that her role was liked that much that some said she could have become a companion? I don´t remember much negativity...eh, correction, there has been a lot of negativity ever since certain "fans" didn´t see Rose and Ten getting a household together but meaning her character (if we are talking about fandoms, at certain point,. DW was the worst). But her character was pretty well received, I think. But I have to admit I only thought "oh, that´s her!" only after I saw her casting in The Marvels. I knew her briefly as an actress before, then I knew she was in The Betrayal with Tom but you just get that with a lot of actors.

Like that Andrew Garfield was in Doctor Who as well, in one of the worst Dalek episodes ever :D

I think these days, you go either to Doctor Who...or Marvel :D (or both :D )
She apparently didn't gel with the cast and that's why she wasn't taken forward as a companion

Reminder to vote in the Kids Choice Awards. I’m not sure when the cutoff is but the award show airs April 9th. It’s definitely a kid oriented atmosphere so I doubt I will watch. There are also other Marvel shows/stars nominated as well; Jeremy Renner, Elizabeth Olsen and Hailee Steinfeld(spelling?) and also I think Hawkeye is nominated. Also voting is unlimited.

Reminder to vote in the Kids Choice Awards. I’m not sure when the cutoff is but the award show airs April 9th. It’s definitely a kid oriented atmosphere so I doubt I will watch. There are also other Marvel shows/stars nominated as well; Jeremy Renner, Elizabeth Olsen and Hailee Steinfeld(spelling?) and also I think Hawkeye is nominated. Also voting is unlimited.
Tom will definitely go to the Oliver Awards rather than like the Kid Choice

Reactions: 1
Thanks for the reminder, I swear there’s so many awards shows close together I get very confused! I really wish we could get excited about Tom being at the Oscar’s this Sunday and not the Kids choice awards. I realize that sounds very bitchy and judgmental but he’s capable of so much more- he should be able to do Marvel and still make critically acclaimed movies- he should be there with Benedict and Andrew Garfield.

Are they the same day? If so you’re right I’m sure he will.

Thanks for the reminder, I swear there’s so many awards shows close together I get very confused! I really wish we could get excited about Tom being at the Oscar’s this Sunday and not the Kids choice awards. I realize that sounds very bitchy and judgmental but he’s capable of so much more- he should be able to do Marvel and still make critically acclaimed movies- he should be there with Benedict and Andrew Garfield.

No they not, KCA 9. April, Oliver 10.April

Is he even nominated at those awards? I checked and didn’t see him on the nominees list. I mean it’s his choice but he is actually nominated at the KCA

But is he getting offered roles for movies? I feel like other than Marvel and TES there isn’t much on his plate career wise. He maybe needs to express more interest and see if he can get something going. Even White Stork (I know I can’t stop thinking about it) seems to be going nowhere.

No they not, KCA 9. April, Oliver 10.April
Maybe he will try for both then

• Wow
Is he even nominated at those awards? I checked and didn’t see him on the nominees list. I mean it’s his choice but he is actually nominated at the KCA
You can find him under „favorite male tv star ( family)“

It is possible to vote? Aha....I am a kid at heart! :D But looking at their website, it is back to the early 2000s where I almost got an epileptic seizure just by looking at all those blinking colors :D
I am glad he is also recognized at these, though. It shows how popular he really is and that is maybe why he is also sticking around. And he obviously appreciates and loves it. Interesting that he is against Jeremy Renner...I suspect despite kids loving Loki, maybe Hawkeye was a bit more kid friendly. I am curious how is this going to look like. Does the vote count when I vote only in the ...more adult categories? I mean, I don´t know 90% of those people, from female singers, I actively listen to Adele from time to time and I have no clue what some of those categories mean :D

I still think that he is just very picky and maybe he got just a bit comfortable where he is happy to do one thing at a time, go back to the theater (which he obviously loves) and I also think covid mixed up schedules of many productions (movies are still being pushed even these days).
I am sure he is not probably going to film anything until Loki but let´s hope the production won´t take a year as it did with season 1 because of the lockdown.
He seems happy enough. As I struggled with a real workoholism myself, I can really feel how relaxing it is to finally *stop* and then get back slowly to avoid burning out. I think he loves acting so much but he really had an incredible pace until 2018. So maybe going back to the theater was him going back to the comfort zone and to slow down a bit :)
Just my guess, of course. He is probably just happily sitting at home, content, working on Loki in pre-production, comfortable in his blue sweather with Bobby watching him in the corner :D

I do hope he may at least do either Colbert or Graham Norton shows for TES. I love these two.
Or maybe just to see the trailer would be great at this point :D

Last edited:
It is possible to vote? Aha....I am a kid at heart! :D But looking at their website, it is back to the early 2000s where I almost got an epileptic seizure just by looking at all those blinking colors :D
I am glad he is also recognized at these, though. It shows how popular he really is and that is maybe why he is also sticking around. And he obviously appreciates and loves it. Interesting that he is against Jeremy Renner...I suspect despite kids loving Loki, maybe Hawkeye was a bit more kid friendly. I am curious how is this going to look like. Does the vote count when I vote only in the ...more adult categories? I mean, I don´t know 90% of those people, from female singers, I actively listen to Adele from time to time and I have no clue what some of those categories mean :D

I still think that he is just very picky and maybe he got just a bit comfortable where he is happy to do one thing at a time, go back to the theater (which he obviously loves) and I also think covid mixed up schedules of many productions (movies are still being pushed even these days).
I am sure he is not probably going to film anything until Loki but let´s hope the production won´t take a year as it did with season 1 because of the lockdown.
He seems happy enough. As I struggled with a real workoholism myself, I can really feel how relaxing it is to finally *stop* and then get back slowly to avoid burning out. I think he loves acting so much but he really had an incredible pace until 2018. So maybe going back to the theater was him going back to the comfort zone and to slow down a bit :)
Just my guess, of course. He is probably just happily sitting at home, content, working on Loki in pre-production, comfortable in his blue sweather with Bobby watching him in the corner :D

I do hope he may at least do either Colbert or Graham Norton shows for TES. I love these two.
I think you have to cast a vote for all the categories. At least it made me do it. I’m also a little challenged when it comes to such things sometimes so I may have done it wrong.
Maybe he is only able to concentrate on one project at a time so that’s something to consider. I don’t believe the filming for Loki 2 will take as long unless another pandemic occurs. Perhaps he needs to be a little less picky about roles in films. Not all fans can get to the theater so I feel going back there too regularly may alienate some of his fans. I’m truly hoping White Stork (here I go again) can get a move on.
I think it’s a good possibility he’s going to do some TES promotion including talk show appearances.

I just voted for a bunch of random things in the other categories- some of them I had never heard of a single choice! I’m not sure of the age range on here but it seems like we’re all over 21 and I’d venture to say most are over 30- teen choice awards I did better with 😂 but I’m woefully out of touch with anything currently on nick or even tiktok.

Maybe he is only able to concentrate on one project at a time so that’s something to consider. I don’t believe the filming for Loki 2 will take as long unless another pandemic occurs.
This is what I think and it’s a big change from what he used to do and I think it may be intentional. In the mid 2010s he was all over the place bouncing around from various movies, theater productions, voice roles, not to mention appearing all over on talk shows/promo. My guess is while that was very exciting it probably burnt him out. After Endgame he really only seemed to do one thing at a time, and that could be because of the pandemic too but I think maybe he realized that he needed to slow down or de-stress. As a fan it’s tricky because we obviously want to see him in more things but we also don’t want him to be burnt out.

This is all obviously conjecture and I have zero evidence to back this up.

Oh my god this is so crazy- the scary woman who used to post on twitter about Tom (then got suspended and moved to instagram) as if they were together, was arrested! Someone found her mugshot: