Tom Hiddleston #5 The Red Sweater Diaries

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Kind of....different topic. I am not a collector of those but ...geez...this must be *so* weird to see yourself like this. The details on these are astonishing, and I DID love the look but this has always been a bit too expensive for me (and they never look like Tom, no matter how hard they try :D ) But imagine to see yourself as an action figure.... :D

[/URL]
That figurine is insanely realistic.

It is creepy, isn´t it? I don´t really collect anything like this, only classic autographs and photos from conventions but I may buy this one if I will manage to get it a bit cheaper in some local eShop (they do have them cheaper). But it is still ....yea, very realistic :D

Reactions: 1
Tom's new interview in the November issue
So I don't know how much truth there is to this but someone on tumblr who seems to follow his career quite closely said that there are no new quotes in the article and they cobbled together quotes from old articles- they were able to find and link articles from as early as 2016 where he had actually said those things. Also why do they not have any new pictures of him, particularly their actual cover is a pic from at least 4-5 years ago? It is very strange but it seems like they didn't actually even talk to him and just took quotes from old interviews which is completely bizarre!

Reactions: 4
That is disappointing....I can sometimes see it here, they just put together some stuff from elsewhere for TV magazines when there is some type of "big movie" on TV or in the cinemas. But why to write about Tom in November? That is kind of random. I mean, Loki is still very much trending so maybe they want to catch a bit of a hype?
Also, use an "old" photo is also lazy.

Reactions: 3
I've never heard of this magazine. From the preview it does not look like an interview. Probably just magazine catching the momentum to retell same old story about Tom's success.

Um, I thought they started already filming like a month ago but whatever....still curious if Tom is in it at some point. Not sure if it would make sense story wise (but why the hell not, Fury is probably *the* one Loki knows and he can go for help) but we probably wouldn´t know anyway since Tom is the Master Mole AND MCU likes to keep secrets....especially with surprise appearances and a character like Loki, who can now appear anywhere? Double secret :D
Anyways, purely from my geek and movie lover perspective, I can´t believe they got Olivia Colman and I am curious about this just for her. That woman is great.

That is disappointing....I can sometimes see it here, they just put together some stuff from elsewhere for TV magazines when there is some type of "big movie" on TV or in the cinemas. But why to write about Tom in November? That is kind of random. I mean, Loki is still very much trending so maybe they want to catch a bit of a hype?
Also, use an "old" photo is also lazy.
It’s weird right? Because I imagine it must have been slated months ago or else they would at least have some more recent pictures? It seems as you said like an odd time to drop it- not connected to any projects or promotion. You’d think they’d want to jump on it during Loki or closer to TES.

I've never heard of this magazine. From the preview it does not look like an interview. Probably just magazine catching the momentum to retell same old story about Tom's success.
I haven’t either. It seems like it’s just clickbait and it’s probably working, but even just glancing at the first paragraph it’s all lifted from stuff he said in 2016. If nothing else it’s making me sad that Tom doesn’t seem to have done any interviews for print media since Betrayal (correct me if I’m wrong because I very possibly am) and I wish he would do more press.

So I don't know how much truth there is to this but someone on tumblr who seems to follow his career quite closely said that there are no new quotes in the article and they cobbled together quotes from old articles- they were able to find and link articles from as early as 2016 where he had actually said those things. Also why do they not have any new pictures of him, particularly their actual cover is a pic from at least 4-5 years ago? It is very strange but it seems like they didn't actually even talk to him and just took quotes from old interviews which is completely bizarre!
I did not know thanks for the information, it is very rare that he did not speak with the magazine and that this magazine is promoting his name with something false because they have even tagged him in the publications.

Reactions: 2
I haven’t either. It seems like it’s just clickbait and it’s probably working, but even just glancing at the first paragraph it’s all lifted from stuff he said in 2016. If nothing else it’s making me sad that Tom doesn’t seem to have done any interviews for print media since Betrayal (correct me if I’m wrong because I very possibly am) and I wish he would do more press.
He did for Loki (Entertainment Weekly and I think also Empire magazine?), probably others, too. He did a lot of press but sadly still limited by the covid restrictions. It is something I hope will help TES promotion, that he will be able to do some live interviews with his co-stars because his chemistry with others is always great. But as much as I am frustrated by the lack of news or photos or live appearances, It is not really common for actors to give interviews when they have nothing to promote, unless it is some big piece about their work for Variety or some other respected entertainment media.

But I wouldn´t really give up here yet....maybe Tom will say something next week. Or there is a big Disney+ day in November so maybe at least some MCU related news? I know many would like to see Tom do also something else than for Disney but it is not a bad company to be a part of, imo. And they are not doing just Marvel or Star Wars.

Reactions: 3
I did not know thanks for the information, it is very rare that he did not speak with the magazine and that this magazine is promoting his name with something false because they have even tagged him in the publications.
I totally agree it is very weird that they tagged him in it and tried to pass it off as a recent interview when they could so easily be debunked- very strange!

But I wouldn´t really give up here yet....maybe Tom will say something next week. Or there is a big Disney+ day in November so maybe at least some MCU related news? I know many would like to see Tom do also something else than for Disney but it is not a bad company to be a part of, imo. And they are not doing just Marvel or Star Wars.
Here’s hoping we see him doing some more promo around TES- I just miss seeing him around, he used to do so many projects that he was very visible all the time.

He did do the Empire interview this year https://www.empireonline.com/tv/new...nsideration-away-from-screen-roles-exclusive/. And the Entertainment Weekly one as well.

And yes, I’ve read all the quotes in that article. Many from 5 or more years ago. Clickbait I guess
I knew I had to be wrong about that- I don’t follow print stuff so much so I only see things when he promotes them- which he doesn’t 😂 I just knew about the Betrayal times article because he put it on instagram back in the day.

Reactions: 2
I keep kicking myself about the Empire magazine because it is literally the only media of this kind sold here in print in big bookstores. And of course, it is expensive, so they throw them away by the end of the month (or recycle or send back or whatever) and I found out he was in it only after the fact. And it is not available in print version now :( I don´t want the digital one because it is the cover I am primarily after.
I at least bought the one where there was article about the Loki finale, but he was not on the cover :(

Did anyone buy virtual tickets to the London comic con btw? I'm guessing no one on here did but I'm super curious because I was considering it- we get so little content of him I feel like it could be worth it, but I am also not sure about the time zones and also there's no other panel I'm interested in.
I'm tempted....We have a convention here in Canada the same weekend through and I'm still not sure if I'm going to that so I don't want to pay and miss it.

That figurine is insanely realistic.
I need that in a 6'2'' Scale! lol
particularly their actual cover is a pic from at least 4-5 years ago?
They couldn't even bother to pick a newer photo. Though I prefer that than the one a magazine used for Ibizagate. It was a manip where Thomas had long hair :rolleyes:
Maybe he is slowly amping up for TES? Its weird, though that they used a stitched version of refurbished information.
Here’s hoping we see him doing some more promo around TES- I just miss seeing him around, he used to do so many projects that he was very visible all the time.
Given the potential time frame for TES to be released, I don't think he'll start promoting any sooner than December.
Maybe, just maybe, he already started shooting WS and we can get snippets from set.
However, I'm sure we'll get more photos in a week as MCM Comic Con starts.....Friday?
Did anyone buy virtual tickets to the London comic con btw? I'm guessing no one on here did but I'm super curious because I was considering it
@clara131brown weren't you going to get those?

I need that in a 6'2'' Scale! lol

They couldn't even bother to pick a newer photo. Though I prefer that than the one a magazine used for Ibizagate. It was a manip where Thomas had long hair :rolleyes:
Don’t we all?? I just keep thinking of him with his wax figure in the Josh Horowitz interview- it really doesn’t look like him, it looks like a melting Matthew Mcconaughey.
4D130F1D-CECC-43AE-B939-76C4A877CE77.png

The manips of him with long hair are creepy- manips in general always freak me out because they always look fake.

I noticed that sometimes when they would advertise Tom for cons when he was already in his beardy phase they would use older pictures of him- maybe they thought Professor Hiddles wasn’t recognizable enough or wouldn’t sell as many tickets (those fools). It always would make me cringe on his behalf a little, like if someone were advertising me and used a super old picture I’d be kind of insulted!

Don’t we all?? I just keep thinking of him with his wax figure in the Josh Horowitz interview- it really doesn’t look like him, it looks like a melting Matthew Mcconaughey.
That reminded me of this:
1634226558596.png

They repurposed another statue, have they not?
HOW IS THAT THOMAS?!?!?!
FFS!

1634226608211.png

It looks like Adam Levine-ish

• Haha
Reactions: 5