Tom Hiddleston #5 The Red Sweater Diaries

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'll see Eternals over the weekend. However, somehow I believe critics this time. After previous phase finished hype is not so real anymore. I see it on my friends who are long time Marvel fans. By that I mean fans of comic books, not stans, shippers, or what else is there.
What came out of MCU after End Game, wasn't bad but wasn't great either.
Let's wait and see.
I have been around MCU since the beginning and they are basically repeating phase 1. Introducing new heroes, stories overlapping....the question is if people are ready to wait five more years for the outcome. It seems attention span got even shorter the past few years. I remember The Avengers seemed years away....and now The Infinity saga is over. I liked mist stuff so far (except Ths Falcon...) so I am good so far. I think that is why they moved movies further, to spread them moreto avoid fatique.

I have been around MCU since the beginning and they are basically repeating phase 1. Introducing new heroes, stories overlapping....the question is if people are ready to wait five more years for the outcome. It seems attention span got even shorter the past few years. I remember The Avengers seemed years away....and now The Infinity saga is over. I liked mist stuff so far (except Ths Falcon...) so I am good so far. I think that is why they moved movies further, to spread them moreto avoid fatique.
Me too.

Difference is that in phase one we didn't really know how it will develop. No one initially assumed it would last for 10 years. Seaking of time when Ironman was released. Now we more or less know the pattern. So far so good, but not like am I anxious about all new releases.

Tom looks old (sick) in the People Choice Awards picture. Has anyone noticed that too?

• Wow
Reactions: 1
Tom looks old (sick) in the People Choice Awards picture. Has anyone noticed that too?
On what photo exactly do you refer?

This?

280-tom-hiddleston.jpg

If you mean this one, it isn't the best photo. In it he looks older, not too enthusiastic, and please don't throw something at me but he looks like person who's been through lot. I don't know him, I won't even assume stuff about him, but in recent paparazzi photos he looked like something is wrong in his life.

This?

View attachment 847812

If you mean this one, it isn't the best photo. In it he looks older, not too enthusiastic, and please don't throw something at me but he looks like person who's been through lot. I don't know him, I won't even assume stuff about him, but in recent paparazzi photos he looked like something is wrong in his life.
People always say "he just got older", but to me he got visibly order very fast in the last couple years. Ok, he looks like a 40yo man, but a few years ago he was still more boyish. Secondly, the eyes. He always had more (I don't know if that's the right word in english) droopy eyes? But they were happy droopy eyes, now they are sad droopy eyes. And lastly, please don't hate me for this, he's not so groomed as he used to be. Maybe I'm just not a fan of the whole "professor Hiddleston" look, but back in the day, during interviews and events, he always looked like a shiny new penny, hair, face, tailored suits, elegant, clean shoes, very sharp. Now... he somehow looks to me like he doesn't care or gave up. You know, two sweaters with holes in them and so on. Maybe it's a very consious choice, but still 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 5
He looks like he gave up. There is no glow in his eyes like it used to be. This has nothing to do with aging process.

He looks like he gave up. There is no glow in his eyes like it used to be. This has nothing to do with aging process.
This is the picture of the BAFTAS in the spring, I think. They could have taken a better picture from him.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 2
This is the picture of the BAFTAS in the spring, I think. They could have taken a better picture from him.
To be honest, the photo he is using on IG is quite horrible. :LOL:

This has nothing to do with previous discussion, but if I were his social media manager I would try harder. Such handsome man, not a chance they can find better representing photo of him.

• Haha

This?

View attachment 847812

Yeah not a great picture- his forehead looks really big because of the way his hair is styled too. I always feel bad when I see ads for him using old pictures as if his current look isn’t good enough. I really do think it is as simple as he got older and didn’t age well. Not everyone does, especially fair skinned British men who don’t necessarily take care of themselves. Yes he runs but I’m also fairly sure he smoked or still does, and maybe drank a lot. Chris Evans is the same age but still looks greer. RDJ ages like the finest of wines.

I still think Tom looks great and sexy, just more mature. I agree he doesn’t look boyish anymore but that’s not a bad thing- he’s not a boy. It’s interesting to me that on here so many people think his eyes look so sad and in many other places people have been saying he looks so reinvigorated, like his old self, etc. I think I’m somewhere in the middle- his eyes do look different to me but I don’t think he looks unhappy or like something is wrong, I think he had a rough few years and never learned to use moisturizer.

Honestly in my opinion his eyes have always looked like that, the wrinkles just make it more prominent. Look at his eyes here in an older picture:
6515F9DB-915C-4D0F-8FE6-7BCA461B0E16.jpeg

versus recent picture:
7BC34CF4-7CC8-4657-AD81-F00BAC4A2328.jpeg

To me the only difference is the combination of wrinkles and receding hairline, but I know it’s an unpopular opinion 🤷‍♀️

Everyone sees what everyone wants to see, I guess. My opinion is that he lost his glow due to whichever reason I can't speculate. This has nothing to do with the age, as I previously said. There are elderly people who shine. It is some inner shine, not plastic surgery of course. 😂

Chris Evans is completely different type of person. He has his ups and downs concerning his appearance in the past. Chris Hemsworth looks more less the same, but then again I don't think much of him not look for his photos. RDJ definitely aged, but the guy is 50 and something, so no wonder. Mark Ruffalo also aged, but he has this boyish quality to his appearance. He looks like genuinely good person. Same goes for Ryan Reynolds. He is always goofy with smile on his face.

I will deliberately not mention Paul Rudd because that guy.....I don't know. It is some kind of sorcery.

Also, @db131 that first picture! Whoa!

Reactions: 3
Everyone sees what everyone wants to see, I guess. My opinion is that he lost his glow due to whichever reason I can't speculate. This has nothing to do with the age, as I previously said. There are elderly people who shine. It is some inner shine, not plastic surgery of course. 😂

Chris Evans is completely different type of person. He has his ups and downs concerning his appearance in the past. Chris Hemsworth looks more less the same, but then again I don't think much of him not look for his photos. RDJ definitely aged, but the guy is 50 and something, so no wonder. Mark Ruffalo also aged, but he has this boyish quality to his appearance. He looks like genuinely good person. Same goes for Ryan Reynolds. He is always goofy with smile on his face.

I will deliberately not mention Paul Rudd because that guy.....I don't know. It is some kind of sorcery.

Also, @db131 that first picture! Whoa!
Forgot about Paul Rudd- you’re right he doesn’t count, that is some straight up deal-with-the-devil stuff.

I completely agree that he lost his glow, I just don’t know that I agree with the reasons other people speculate. I don’t think he’s unhappy, I think he is just changed. We are never going too have the dancing Hiddles bear again because he has become to guarded of his image and people’s perception to risk putting himself out there. I’m not entirely convinced that his old persona was his true personality anyway- I think a lot of it was overly put on because of his fame and I think he believed his own massive hype and it went to his head, making him more outgoing than normal. Some of the stuff he did was honestly straight up cringey to me and I’m not upset that he doesn’t do it anymore (some of the impressions, his Michael Jackson song in …Korea? I can’t remember).

He has definitely aged more poorly than others. And I agree with @Caroline_Caroline as well about the fashion having changed also, as if he isn’t trying. But I feel like he has settled into some sort of routine that makes him happy. We just have to adjust to the idea that this is it now and he’s not going to be the guy we got used to from 2012-2016. I hope he’s happy though!

Last edited:
Forgot about Paul Rudd- you’re right he doesn’t count, that is some straight up deal-with-the-devil stuff.
This guy!!!!!! Right???
It is not even fair! And what we, women, do to stay youthful!?!

There was one interview. Unfortunately I cannot recall the name of the reporter. His interviews are always funny. This one took place on a street. I think it was NY, maybe Boston, but let's say NY. Reporter was stopping females on the street and asked them if they prefer Chris Evans or Paul Rudd. Both of these guys are with him during this questionnaire. This girl, completely ice-cold, says Paul Rudd. Evans is standing there laughing his ass off.

I completely agree that he lost his glow, I just don’t know that I agree with the reasons other people speculate. I don’t think he’s unhappy, I think he is just changed.
Not to beat around the bush. I also know what reasons fans are speculating. 😂 Let's just say I didn't mean that reason. I meant more like maybe this guy has some private problems, some crisis of identity, issues about what path to choose when he is done with Marvel, etc. We all have ups and downs, no?

Okay, but now I have to write something: even though he's appearance changed, I still find him very attractive :) And his appearance is only a small part of his appeal. So it gave me an idea to change the current narrative a bit. Maybe it was disscused earlier, but my question to you is: WHY DO YOU LIKE HIM? I'm curious what are your reasons :)

• Heart
Okay, but now I have to write something: even though he's appearance changed, I still find him very attractive :) And his appearance is only a small part of his appeal. So it gave me an idea to change the current narrative a bit. Maybe it was disscused earlier, but my question to you is: WHY DO YOU LIKE HIM? I'm curious what are your reasons :)
I agree with you! 100%

Well, I like him as actor because he is extremely talented. As a person, I like him because he seems like well-mannered, smart, educated, and decent human being.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
To answear my own question ;) Smile, hands, eyes - appearance-wise. But to me his attractiveness comes more from within. His brain, how well-spoken he is, well-read, how kind and gentle he seems to be, well mannered and respective. He is a rare gem.

• Heart
Oh he is still VERY attractive. I actually prefer the Professor Hiddles look because I think it fits him now.

I think he seems like someone who is not only intelligent but intellectually curious. He seems like he loves to learn and experience, and then takes that into himself when he does different projects. He is extremely charismatic- I like the way he listens when people speak in interviews, genuinely thinks about his answers. I think he is a sincerely good actor who truly commits. His voice is also completely captivating.

Not to beat around the bush. I also know what reasons fans are speculating. 😂 Let's just say I didn't mean that reason. I meant more like maybe this guy has some private problems, some crisis of identity, issues about what path to choose when he is done with Marvel, etc. We all have ups and downs, no?
I 100% think he suffered in the wake of Hiddleswift and I think he was always an extremely oversensitive person who is way too hard on himself from youth- I could armchair diagnose all day based on his parents divorce and how it affected him as a teen in boarding school but it’s all just speculation 😂

• Heart
I'll see Eternals over the weekend. However, somehow I believe critics this time. After previous phase finished hype is not so real anymore. I see it on my friends who are long time Marvel fans. By that I mean fans of comic books, not stans, shippers, or what else is there.
What came out of MCU after End Game, wasn't bad but wasn't great either.

Let's wait and see.
I think this is not on Disney but the audience Disney caters to.

From my perspective and in my personal opinion, Avengers was something that wasn't seen before and, at this point, has a very hard core fanbase and supporters much like the Trekkies, for example.

Unfortunately for them, anything that comes after the amazing smash hit that The Avengers was, is going to be compared with it SPECIALLY if they used The Eternals to set the tone for Avengers 2.0 or Phase 2, however they called it.
We, as viewers, are going to have expectations and if those are not met, we are going to complain. It's hard to go an MCU movie without having the previous ones on the back of our heads.
I'm still mourning the death of Tony, I was NOT ready for that ansamble to be terminated but I understood it runs its course.
The way I see it, and the mindset I'm taking to the movie is an introduction.
I think, and it may be total nonsense, that instead of doing one movie per super hero like Iron Man or Cap, they are presenting us with the units and backstories that may make the next group of Earth's defenders. I'm not expected The Eternals to be anything more than a glimpse on who they may be.
I never read the comics so I'm just talking about what I think this is about, I can be totally wrong.

veryone sees what everyone wants to see, I guess. My opinion is that he lost his glow due to whichever reason I can't speculate. This has nothing to do with the age, as I previously said. There are elderly people who shine.
I have been saying this for a while now but...
Then we got this.....THIS MAN is the one I stan and the one I came here for. I saw a glimpse of the old Thomas here and I'm riding that tide still.

Eyes and CHARISMA! His eyes has something but also, he seems to be the type of person that you could sit and talk for HOURS without getting bored.
His energy is mesmerizing.
His voice and accent :sneaky:
But above all, he seems like a GENUINE nice dude!

PLUS he looks like this.....
1636119643857.png

• Heart
Reactions: 9
@LetMeRamble @Desdemona25 @db131
YES! YES! YES!
I think there's also something hipnotising about him: the way he speaks, the way he listens, the way he tries to find the perfect words, the way he looks at you. I would be completely mesmerised by his presence 😅
And funny thing: at first I didn't find him attractive at all, but then I heard him speak and saw how he carries himself and I was lost 😍

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I was debating on whether I should say what I think or not but hey, I'mma do it
Thought I think he did change, and noticeably so, after Swiftaggedon, I thing he got up on his feet with his Betrayal era and felt a little bit more like himself, though he became more reclusive. Mole Man.
If I were to pin point where I started seeing him sadder or gloomy I would have to say something shifted late June or July, granted we didn't see much of him, but I'm going to roll with it. Maybe he was just tired after filming 2 series back to back, maybe something on a personal level did happen, but that is something we'll never know.
He strikes me as someone who is dead focused on his career and after 2016, when some people from the media / industry were not very kind to him, he stopped being involved in projects. Maybe he is too picky with scripts, maybe he is not being presented with something he deems worthy, but his career seems to have stalled a little between then and 2020. That HAS to have something to do with it, in my opinion. Imagine being passionate about something and, due to a mishap, not being able to fully do it?
The reality is that I can sit here and speculate left and right about what I feel is going on but we'll never know.
Right now, I find myself happier that he looks and feels better after the MCM Comic Con, some of that old spark is back and I hope it continues to shine.

Reactions: 8