Tom Hiddleston #5 The Red Sweater Diaries

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
(and maybe he does, he really could be a spy with the ability not to show for a week and then pop up randomly :D )
For some reason you saying that makes me think about one group interview he took part in (there was also Julianna Margulies and other american actors) where at some point the interviewer nicely teased him about the fact that he could never be a spy because he is so noticeable (being tall, handsome and famous!), and while the others agreed, laughing, to that statement, Tom softly replied "oh I can be invisible, trust me". His tone seemed a bit sad, and I felt that.
But maybe I read too much into it.
Has anyone seen that interview? Am I imagining things?? 😅

• Heart
Reactions: 4
For some reason you saying that makes me think about one group interview he took part in (there was also Julianna Margulies and other american actors) where at some point the interviewer nicely teased him about the fact that he could never be a spy because he is so noticeable (being tall, handsome and famous!), and while the others agreed, laughing, to that statement, Tom softly replied "oh I can be invisible, trust me". His tone seemed a bit sad, and I felt that.
I couldn't help but think about the photo below and if that was his attempt to blend in or hide in plain sight:
1636028200347.png

I think he could pass as a regular Joe but in other country

• Haha
It could be this one.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
One of my favorite things about the Hollow Crown is the end where Henry is trying to communicate with Kate who only speaks French and she can’t understand him, and I’m like ugh Tom I am a native English speaker and I don’t know what the hell you’re saying either. But you look damn good while you do it!

That tender kiss…*dies quietly in corner*
C98C60DC-84CB-42E1-9030-07F6ABD01A8A.jpeg

I couldn't help but think about the photo below and if that was his attempt to blend in or hide in plain sight:
View attachment 846311

I think he could pass as a regular Joe but in other country
People in the DM comments didn’t even believe it was him!

He also spent a good amount of that interview eye-bleeping Julianna Margulies 🤣

• Haha
The thing here is that the EP is more in charge of the funding of the production whereas the producer is the one that oversees the day to day.
He might have had ideas but what needs to be considered here, and we don't know, is if the 'ideas' he pitched were over the already written and in development scripts or changes over it. That's important.
For some reason, I'm under the impression that he was on boarded as an EP AFTER production started and when all decisions we already made or aligned: Pre-Production vs Production vs Post Production
So he might have had ideas or opinions but he never mention in which stage of production he pitched them. THAT'S the key factor.
Also, in case you want to know a little bit more about the EP role here is a good read:

Thanks for the link!
That part is completely clear to me. What isn't clear is how fans, i.e. anti-fans as Jara said, managed to conclude Tom was complaining about the size of his role in decision making. I read it differently, like he was satisfied with it and looking forward to having slightly more open hands in Season 2.

• Heart
Thanks for the link!
That part is completely clear to me. What isn't clear is how fans, i.e. anti-fans as Jara said, managed to conclude Tom was complaining about the size of his role in decision making. I read it differently, like he was satisfied with it and looking forward to having slightly more open hands in Season 2.
Plus the fact there were 9 other EPs one of them, actually was the writer himself and the other one was non other than Herron, so....even if Thomas had great ideas, those two would have had the loudest voices and more decision power than him.

Fans...I mean 'fans' hated Herron, hated that the story wasn't gay enough or that Lokius wasn't headcanon. They just wanted another reason to suggest the show could have been better if people paid more attention to Thomas's ideas. Utter nonsenses.
But, in their minds, Thomas is a delicate flower that must be protected with their own lives.
The show was good, was well written, made an impact and, above all, made over tit ton of revenue so it ended up ticking ALL the boxes you could hope to tick when you finalize production.
I do have my opinions on it but they are more about what I would have done differently, art wise, but not because what was presented was bad or low quality, just personal preferences.

Plus the fact there were 9 other EPs one of them, actually was the writer himself and the other one was non other than Herron, so....even if Thomas had great ideas, those two would have had the loudest voices and more decision power than him.

Fans...I mean 'fans' hated Herron, hated that the story wasn't gay enough or that Lokius wasn't headcanon. They just wanted another reason to suggest the show could have been better if people paid more attention to Thomas's ideas. Utter nonsenses.
But, in their minds, Thomas is a delicate flower that must be protected with their own lives.
The show was good, was well written, made an impact and, above all, made over tit ton of revenue so it ended up ticking ALL the boxes you could hope to tick when you finalize production.
I do have my opinions on it but they are more about what I would have done differently, art wise, but not because what was presented was bad or low quality, just personal preferences.
This, yes, that is what I meant. Some of those fans think Tom is a poor soul crushed by Marvel. If he didn´t want to be there, he wouldn´t. He is a grown up man. I am pretty sure it also means (as much he obviously loves the role) a stable paycheck, enough visibilty and basically doing whatever he wants (if it is nothing, then it is up to him - sad for us but we are not, sadly, with him :D ). I suspect some of them have an illusion of him in their heads and I am really shaking my head over it. Yes, I do go and defend Tom when someone says something that is confirmed not to be truth (like we know from multiple sources of his colleagues how professional and good he is to work with) but to make up stuff is just kind of crazy. But there were lines and lines written her about crazy fans.

That said, you are right about his role for S1 which makes me think he wants to be more involved in S2, given he has been there since the beginning.

Now that you've pointed it out..... :LOL:
I can't unsee it!

This, yes, that is what I meant. Some of those fans think Tom is a poor soul crushed by Marvel. If he didn´t want to be there, he wouldn´t.
What? Such non sense! If he wanted out, he would be out. Why some fans doubt everything he says?

where at some point the interviewer nicely teased him about the fact that he could never be a spy because he is so noticeable (being tall, handsome and famous!), and while the others agreed, laughing, to that statement, Tom softly replied "oh I can be invisible, trust me". His tone seemed a bit sad, and I felt that.
I just saw video Beveta posted. Yes, it is true what you are saying.

Last edited:
  • Haha
So true! Now rewatch his mannerisms when he's around a pretty lady (including the interviewer) and you'll see the same thing....... Thomas you naughty boy!! 😂

• Haha
Did he?? Oh my!! Thinking people could believe he is gay is sooooooooo... have you ever seen him around women?? 🤣🤣🤣
And yes beveta, this is the one! 👌🏻👍🏻

• Haha
Did you guys see Robert Downey Jr’s post on instagram- I’m dying laughing. I seriously think the Marvel franchise is so special in that I love so many of the actors. I loved RDJ before Iron Man and I just think he’s one of the funniest, sexiest men alive with one of the best comeback stories ever.

Did he?? Oh my!! Thinking people could believe he is gay is sooooooooo... have you ever seen him around women?? 🤣🤣🤣
And yes beveta, this is the one! 👌🏻👍🏻
It’s because he’s handsome and British and unmarried- anyone who saw the video of him checking out Brie’s cleavage knows that man likes the ladies :)

Did you guys see Robert Downey Jr’s post on instagram- I’m dying laughing. I seriously think the Marvel franchise is so special in that I love so many of the actors. I loved RDJ before Iron Man and I just think he’s one of the funniest, sexiest men alive with one of the best comeback stories ever.

It’s because he’s handsome and British and unmarried- anyone who saw the video of him checking out Brie’s cleavage knows that man likes the ladies :)
It's also the slip up when he says breast not best

• Haha
Reactions: 1
What did he post? The "mob party" of his daughter he posted on facebook? :D I really need to register to IG.... I remember him posting memes like Tony and Cap as animated Bambi characters....the actors really do get along so well, it is incredible. I am glad they still pay attention to not only cast properly but also to work without conflicts. RDJ is, as you say, one of the sexiest and most charismatic. I have still top Hugh Jackman, that will probably never change (that "love" started in 2003 so it won´t end anytime soon), but RDJ and Tom are closely behind (throw some Sharlto Copley in there because something about him is such attractive, except an obvious acting talent, that I cannot say what it is :) )
I pray for Kevin Feige and his close group of co-workers to live forever because as long as the team is there (Haley Finn, the great casting director, too), I think MCU is in a good hands. Maybe they have some dedicated people following them but it takes a lot of guts to stand against Disney, that basically give them money (I know Kevin stood behind Scarlett and he said so).

Speaking of RDJ....I will go to see The Eternals because from what I read, that might actually be a movie for me and it will be successful no matter what. I never heard about those heroes before so that may be refreshing. However, this review is really ouch...it is nice they mentioned Tom and RDJ in one line, which kind of confirms how regarded in the MCU is Tom now, but the whole comment is a bit bitchy :D I think it is funny they mentioned almost all original Avengers...except Renner and mentioned Tom instead :D

Reactions: 2
Speaking of RDJ....I will go to see The Eternals because from what I read, that might actually be a movie for me and it will be successful no matter what. I never heard about those heroes before so that may be refreshing. However, this review is really ouch...it is nice they mentioned Tom and RDJ in one line, which kind of confirms how regarded in the MCU is Tom now, but the whole comment is a bit bitchy :D I think it is funny they mentioned almost all original Avengers...except Renner and mentioned Tom instead :D

I already bought my tickets for Saturday!
As for the review, hmmmm wonder if whoever wrote it expected this to be something within the caliber of the avengers or if he just woke up on the wrong side of the bed. He didn't like Loki , he didn't like Ant-Man either, so I'm guessing this is the type of critic that just love hating things for the sake of it but, I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt until I can properly give my input.

Last edited:
I already bought my tickets for Saturday!
As for the review, hmmmm wonder if whoever wrote it expected this to be something within the caliber of the avengers or if he just woke up on the wrong side of the bed. He didn't like Loki , he didn't like Ant-Man either, so I'm guessing this is the type of critic that just love hating things for the sake of it but, I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt until I can properly give my input.
Yeah, they seem to be haters on this side....
I think critics have problems that it is either.....not enough MCU....or too much MCU.....? I am waiting for English version (sadly, these movies tend to be dubbed here) so I had to scratch the premiere tonight and I am also planning to go on weekend.

I think critics have problems that it is either.....not enough MCU....or too much MCU.....? I am waiting for English version (sadly, these movies tend to be dubbed here) so I had to scratch the premiere tonight and I am also planning to go on weekend.
I wanted to go today at the premier but I got tickets for a play and I didn't realized it overlapped....Gotta love being scattered minded, eh

I'm also wondering if maybe they have MCU fatigue- there hasn't really been a break between projects (not that I'm complaining) and I could see how a critic might get annoyed after awhile. Of course if they're really good at their job they should be able to put that aside and be objective and evaluate the movie/show based on its own merits and not the frequency of things being released.

Honestly it sounds like a lot of critics or "journalists" were being real dicks about The Eternals. I saw on twitter that a bunch of them who were invited to a private screening went and not only released spoilers in their articles, they actually made them headlines so it's basically unavoidable to be spoiled. Someone involved in the movie (marketing?) tweeted that they see them and I have a feeling many of them will be blacklisted for future events. It's really sad that they let these people come see a movie in advance with no NDA and they don't have enough professional integrity to keep their mouths shut.

I'll see Eternals over the weekend. However, somehow I believe critics this time. After previous phase finished hype is not so real anymore. I see it on my friends who are long time Marvel fans. By that I mean fans of comic books, not stans, shippers, or what else is there.
What came out of MCU after End Game, wasn't bad but wasn't great either.
Let's wait and see.