Tom Hiddleston #5 The Red Sweater Diaries

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wait, did you guys just have discussion about the PCA photo, which was randomly chosen and is not even a current one? :D

Watching the Making of Loki documentary showed the opposite. He was so alive.
Also, he looked so great at the comic con, so alive and his eyes were sparkling. So he got a few wrinkles around his eyes, which may make him look old but I don´t think he seems unhappy. And that he has a hole in his sweather? He is a guy, a man. Yes, one who cares about his looks (because he is an actor) but still a man. He is not going to the theater or some black tie event so he just had a hole in his sweather because it was the first sweather he took in the morning. And btw. I stumbled over a photo yesterday where Tom had a huge hole in his pants on the convention photo a few years back (I would seriously need to search for it now, I think it was somewhere at pinterest....). so it is not like he is doing it only now :)

Also, that Swift thing probably hit him hard. Even today, media and some "fans" love to point it out and throw tit his way. So I think he is back a bit, but carefully and will never be back to his pre 2016 self because experience, bad or good, changes you.
But I have my suspicion that he also decided to reorganise his life a bit back in 2018 (some of the Infinity War promo, you can already see that he really does look like a professor - but then again, it may have something in common with promotinal duties for a movie where your character stupidly dies before opening credits). I had a similar "crisis" in 2017, I quit my job (one where I am back in now because I had to fall down hard to realized how well I was doing), so maybe he did the same thing. I worked non stop since 2010 and I was burnt out (because logistics burns you out in a very short time ;) )
I suspect him going back to theater to do The Betrayal was him going back to his roots and clear his head. And I think he did look great during the Betrayal run (however daily performances are gruelling so, he was just tired by the end of the run). Then he went back filming Loki and TES back to back so I think with the random appearances now, he is sort of "getting back".
But it is really only that he crossed 40. Maybe he reevaluated his life. We don´t know. I cannot assume if he has some family drama at home or something, it is not my business but for me, he looks pretty normal for 40 years old man *shrugs*

Reactions: 6
I was debating on whether I should say what I think or not but hey, I'mma do it
Thought I think he did change, and noticeably so, after Swiftaggedon, I thing he got up on his feet with his Betrayal era and felt a little bit more like himself, though he became more reclusive. Mole Man.
If I were to pin point where I started seeing him sadder or gloomy I would have to say something shifted late June or July, granted we didn't see much of him, but I'm going to roll with it. Maybe he was just tired after filming 2 series back to back, maybe something on a personal level did happen, but that is something we'll never know.
He strikes me as someone who is dead focused on his career and after 2016, when some people from the media / industry were not very kind to him, he stopped being involved in projects. Maybe he is too picky with scripts, maybe he is not being presented with something he deems worthy, but his career seems to have stalled a little between then and 2020. That HAS to have something to do with it, in my opinion. Imagine being passionate about something and, due to a mishap, not being able to fully do it?
The reality is that I can sit here and speculate left and right about what I feel is going on but we'll never know.
Right now, I find myself happier that he looks and feels better after the MCM Comic Con, some of that old spark is back and I hope it continues to shine.
I think we should not hestitate to write here what we think :) That said, I think his overall appearance/image/the way he presents himself (or rather not) to the world maybe changed because his career didn't explode the way I think he thought it would. I think he wanted to be a supermasive superstar, I think he thought he was on the verge of becoming one. I know Kong was a flop but it was a big movie and he was very excited about this project and it was meant to be an intenational blockbuster with him as the main character. And that didn't happen. And he disappeared from the big screen. And then covid happened. Thankfully Loki series made his name written in bold once again.

Wait, did you guys just have discussion about the PCA photo, which was randomly chosen and is not even a current one? :D

Watching the Making of Loki documentary showed the opposite. He was so alive.
Also, he looked so great at the comic con, so alive and his eyes were sparkling. So he got a few wrinkles around his eyes, which may make him look old but I don´t think he seems unhappy. And that he has a hole in his sweather? He is a guy, a man. Yes, one who cares about his looks (because he is an actor) but still a man. He is not going to the theater or some black tie event so he just had a hole in his sweather because it was the first sweather he took in the morning. And btw. I stumbled over a photo yesterday where Tom had a huge hole in his pants on the convention photo a few years back (I would seriously need to search for it now, I think it was somewhere at pinterest....). so it is not like he is doing it only now :)

Also, that Swift thing probably hit him hard. Even today, media and some "fans" love to point it out and throw tit his way. So I think he is back a bit, but carefully and will never be back to his pre 2016 self because experience, bad or good, changes you.
But I have my suspicion that he also decided to reorganise his life a bit back in 2018 (some of the Infinity War promo, you can already see that he really does look like a professor - but then again, it may have something in common with promotinal duties for a movie where your character stupidly dies before opening credits). I had a similar "crisis" in 2017, I quit my job (one where I am back in now because I had to fall down hard to realized how well I was doing), so maybe he did the same thing. I worked non stop since 2010 and I was burnt out (because logistics burns you out in a very short time ;) )
I suspect him going back to theater to do The Betrayal was him going back to his roots and clear his head. And I think he did look great during the Betrayal run (however daily performances are gruelling so, he was just tired by the end of the run). Then he went back filming Loki and TES back to back so I think with the random appearances now, he is sort of "getting back".
But it is really only that he crossed 40. Maybe he reevaluated his life. We don´t know. I cannot assume if he has some family drama at home or something, it is not my business but for me, he looks pretty normal for 40 years old man *shrugs*
We were just having a discussion, not only about that one photo.
And you know, even though you have a different opinion than ours that doesn't mean yours is right. And vice versa. We're just talking here 🤷‍♀️

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
I think we should not hestitate to write here what we think :) That said, I think his overall appearance/image/the way he presents himself (or rather not) to the world maybe changed because his career didn't explode the way I think he thought it would. I think he wanted to be a supermasive superstar, I think he thought he was on the verge of becoming one. I know Kong was a flop but it was a big movie and he was very excited about this project and it was meant to be an intenational blockbuster with him as the main character. And that didn't happen. And he disappeared from the big screen. And then covid happened. Thankfully Loki series made his name written in bold once again.
Maybe. Definitely Kong was not his fault, that movie was a mess. He looked great in it but I think the movie ended up something different than what he thought it was. Then Crimson Peak probably didn´t go his way either....but then again, it is that kind of a movie that gets appreciated with time (like Nolan´s The Prestige, for example)
But I do think it was the terrible tit they dragged him through because of Swift and later because of the GG speech. And it was 2016. Imagine today when everybody is scared to post anything on social media other than his personal life because if they comment on something and some twitter nazi finds it offensive, then you are cancelled.
But I feel Loki offers him not only a stable job but he indeed, obviously, loves that character. From an actor´s point of view.....it may be a blessing and a curse at the same time. But such a great character he can basically work with however he wants to? Assuming he stays faithful to the comics and the mythology enough to satisfy the audience? And his name will be forever tied to that role, as the one who created it for the MCU (there were many Lokis before and will be after, I am talking about this version). So it is definitely something to be proud of. And he obviously knows it.
As long as he will do something in between, I think we all will be happy.

Kong actually did well at the box office. Crimson Peak has its own fans. My point - his projects were totally ok, No one mocked him for the roles he took.
Unlike 'projects' he decided to take in his private life. Well, not really private life, more like regarding his public image.
Swift was disaster. Entire world laughed at him including random people who weren't even fans. It must affected him as a person. No way it didn't.
Then mentioned Golden Globes speech when media decided to turn on him for no apparent reason. That speech was not that terrible, it had its flaws but there were worse speeches. That too had to leave some scars.

As for what happens in his private life, who knows it. It is rude to speculate stuff like that, no? A person can smile and look cheerful, but who knows what is in his heart.

Maybe. Definitely Kong was not his fault, that movie was a mess. He looked great in it but I think the movie ended up something different than what he thought it was. Then Crimson Peak probably didn´t go his way either....but then again, it is that kind of a movie that gets appreciated with time (like Nolan´s The Prestige, for example)
But I do think it was the terrible tit they dragged him through because of Swift and later because of the GG speech. And it was 2016. Imagine today when everybody is scared to post anything on social media other than his personal life because if they comment on something and some twitter nazi finds it offensive, then you are cancelled.
But I feel Loki offers him not only a stable job but he indeed, obviously, loves that character. From an actor´s point of view.....it may be a blessing and a curse at the same time. But such a great character he can basically work with however he wants to? Assuming he stays faithful to the comics and the mythology enough to satisfy the audience? And his name will be forever tied to that role, as the one who created it for the MCU (there were many Lokis before and will be after, I am talking about this version). So it is definitely something to be proud of. And he obviously knows it.
As long as he will do something in between, I think we all will be happy.
I agree with you. Nowadays you have to be very careful what you say, write and who you photograph yourself with. You can be easily "cancelled" or called out for rasism or the white saviour complex or transphobia or homophobia or sexism or general insensivity because you used the wrong pronouns. So sometimes it's better to withdraw yourself and not be dragged ind the mud again.

Reactions: 1
Hey girls!!! Quoting the discussion board:

" Almost time for a new thread, post your thread name suggestions and vote! "

Shall we?

How to call new thread? Can it be "New Chapter"? To lure in new themes for discussion and a lot of new photos. Also a lot of awards and new roles for Tom.

Kong actually did well at the box office. Crimson Peak has its own fans. My point - his projects were totally ok, No one mocked him for the roles he took.
Unlike 'projects' he decided to take in his private life. Well, not really private life, more like regarding his public image.
Swift was disaster. Entire world laughed at him including random people who weren't even fans. It must affected him as a person. No way it didn't.
Then mentioned Golden Globes speech when media decided to turn on him for no apparent reason. That speech was not that terrible, it had its flaws but there were worse speeches. That too had to leave some scars.

As for what happens in his private life, who knows it. It is rude to speculate stuff like that, no? A person can smile and look cheerful, but who knows what is in his heart.
That’s why I am hesitant to try to diagnose what went on- like imagine he is actually perfectly fine and happy and just aged badly and everyone on the internet is trying to figure out what broke him to make him look so sad :ROFLMAO:

I do think Tom learned a hard lesson from both media and fans. He tried a stunt and it backfired hard, and then all the rest of his actions were out under a microscope, from the GG speech to his work in Africa.

Especially considering how unforgiving today’s internet climate is, I don’t blame him for being so guarded. He already had a hard fall from grace. I think he is probably trying to be more choosy with projects as well as in constant control of his image and what he puts out into the universe- it’s sad but it’s also unfortunately smart.

Speaking of maybe not great choices, anyone see Chris Pratt’s post to his wife? He’s getting a lot of tit for talking about his healthy daughter and the implications that has about his son.

Shall we?

How to call new thread? Can it be "New Chapter"? To lure in new themes for discussion and a lot of new photos. Also a lot of awards and new roles for Tom.
Can I cast my vote for “Red Sweater by 2022 or we riot”?

• Haha
It seems that red sweater didn't bring any results. Maybe we should change the strategy? We are nice supportive fans, right? *blink blink*

Speaking of maybe not great choices, anyone see Chris Pratt’s post to his wife? He’s getting a lot of tit for talking about his healthy daughter and the implications that has about his son.
I saw the headline. Did he really said it? Or internet twisted Pratt's words? I can't believe that he loves his son less than he loves his daughter. He was adorable with that little boy.

Definitely Kong was not his fault, that movie was a mess.
That movie and I saw the light are the only two pieces I cannot watch. They are boring, both of them. I gave them multiple chances but I cannot seem to get pass the 60 minute mark. The story is just not hitting home for me.
However, I ABSOLUTELY ADORE The Deep Blue Sea, I cannot believe how overlooked that movie is! He was brilliant in it!

Golden Globes speech when media decided to turn on him for no apparent reason.
People witch about that one and I don't see how they can say it went all that bad in comparison to others. TMZ will burn in the pits of hell for feeling the need to tell him the internet hated him after the speech, caught him on camera and proceeded to use it to bash him a little more. Can the man enjoy the fruits of his goddamn labor?
Some people deserve to be tied to a chair, get their arms ripped off and beaten unconscious with their bloody limbs....

Prof Hiddleston and The Sisterhood of the Traveling Red Sweater.... Its' a mouth full, I know

It seems that red sweater didn't bring any results. Maybe we should change the strategy? We are nice supportive fans, right? *blink blink*
I REFUSE TO GIVE UP ON MY DREAM!!!!!

NEVER GIVE UP.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 6

I saw the headline. Did he really said it? Or internet twisted Pratt's words? I can't believe that he loves his son less than he loves his daughter. He was adorable with that little boy.
He unfortunately said it- he thanked his wife for giving him a healthy daughter, and said she was the greatest treasure in the world except for a rookie baseball card..I don’t think he was INTENTIONALLY shading his son or Anna but it is a terrible thing to say when your son can one day read that and feel that you value your healthy child over him. It was not worded well.

People witch about that one and I don't see how they can say it went all that bad in comparison to others. TMZ will burn in the pits of hell for feeling the need to tell him the internet hated him after the speech, caught him on camera and proceeded to use it to bash him a little more. Can the man enjoy the fruits of his goddamn labor?
Some people deserve to be tied to a chair, get their arms ripped off and beaten unconscious with their bloody limbs…

I REFUSE TO GIVE UP ON MY DREAM!!!!!

View attachment 848501
I maintain my feeling that if the Taylor thing hadn’t just happened the GG speech wouldn’t have gotten even close to that amount of backlash. I think people had decided to feel a certain way about him after that stunt and he went from being a classy, flawless man to an ambitious social climber dying for the spotlight. I obviously don’t agree with that but I think that’s how people saw him and so everything he did was connected back to that.

DONT GIVE UP- RED SWEATER IS COMING I KNOW IT

Shall we?

Is it that time again? My, we are a chatty bunch :D

I would call it "The Mole Man who reappeared", to use @LetMeRamble nick name :D

• Heart
Reactions: 3
That movie and I saw the light are the only two pieces I cannot watch. They are boring, both of them. I gave them multiple chances but I cannot seem to get pass the 60 minute mark. The story is just not hitting home for me.
However, I ABSOLUTELY ADORE The Deep Blue Sea, I cannot believe how overlooked that movie is! He was brilliant in it!

Some people deserve to be tied to a chair, get their arms ripped off and beaten unconscious with their bloody limbs....

Prof Hiddleston and The Sisterhood of the Traveling Red Sweater.... Its' a mouth full, I know
Great

Maybe we shouldn't be so obvious in the title. Come on, girls, a little tease would be so perfect. Make him curious enough to open the thread! ;)

What about Tom Hiddleston #6 - the never-ending quest
(Quest of the red sweater, of course)
(Or quest of his lost glow?... 🙈😅)

Maybe we shouldn't be so obvious in the title. Come on, girls, a little tease would be so perfect. Make him curious enough to open the thread! ;)
Ooh I like it, lure him in! We could make it something like “The Truth about Thomas Hiddleston” and then it would just be filled with our junk about his sweaters and nipples and Bobby.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
I think he’s going well. Maybe it could also be due to the light that it sometimes looks so bad on pictures

Ooh I like it, lure him in! We could make it something like “The Truth about Thomas Hiddleston” and then it would just be filled with our junk about his sweaters and nipples and Bobby.
Oui! I like it! We should do it!

The HIDDEN truth about Thomas W. Hiddleston....

This could be a double edge sword as we may drive hella lot of traffic here and the only truth is that we obsessed about his pecs, bums and nipples

And eyes, yes....eyes...mainly eyes

• Heart
Reactions: 4