Tom Hiddleston #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Tom Hiddleston and a Michael Fassbender are currently 6/1, Tom Hardy and James Norton are currently 2/1. Sorry not familiar with James Norton, and Tom Hardy well no.... he's not quite Bond........Both Tom Hiddleston and Michael Fassbender look great in suits
Tom Hardy (who I loooove btw) is in my opinion too rough around the edges to play Bond. Bond has to be the perfect combination of masculine and gentile. I actually don't think Tom would be right for it either, I think he leans too far on the other side of being too posh and not rugged enough, although he could prove me wrong, he's a pretty impressive actor . No clue who James Norton is. MF could be good, or call me crazy but I could see Luke Evans. I know Idris Elba's name had been tossed around as well.

Ok, ok we are all waiting for this Bond reveal but tell you what…Tom as Mr Darcy. Yes or absolutely yes? 🥵
I would LOVE to see TH in some classic romantic novel adaptations like Austen, I think he would rock them. If anyone saw him in Cranford, he was so sweet and handsome and that's the same kind of vibe.

I'd rather have him play a completely new
I would like both- I want him to do a mainstream movie that is bound to get some attention, and also do something very eclectic like High Rise but maybe with a bigger budget and audience. I just want him back on the screen as someone other than Loki even though I loooves me some Loki.

Hasn't Michael Fassnender got some rumours of domestic violence following him around?
I haven't heard that but is it terrible to say I wouldn't be surprised? There are certain actors who you hear rumors that they may have been involved in either violence or harassment and you either go no way I refuse to believe that (like if it were Tom Hanks or something), or you go hm, that is unfortunate but I totally buy it.

@LetMeRamble where you at lady, I am so tiktok-less!!!

Reactions: 2
Hasn't Michael Fassnender got some rumours of domestic violence following him around? I don't think about Alicia Vikander but in the past? Although I'm jot sure that would be enough to stop him getting Bond. He is Irish/German though, and I thought Bond was always a British actor.
Really not heard that 😔

Tom Hardy (who I loooove btw) is in my opinion too rough around the edges to play Bond. Bond has to be the perfect combination of masculine and gentile. I actually don't think Tom would be right for it either, I think he leans too far on the other side of being too posh and not rugged enough, although he could prove me wrong, he's a pretty impressive actor . No clue who James Norton is. MF could be good, or call me crazy but I could see Luke Evans. I know Idris Elba's name had been tossed around as well.

I would LOVE to see TH in some classic romantic novel adaptations like Austen, I think he would rock them. If anyone saw him in Cranford, he was so sweet and handsome and that's the same kind of vibe.

I would like both- I want him to do a mainstream movie that is bound to get some attention, and also do something very eclectic like High Rise but maybe with a bigger budget and audience. I just want him back on the screen as someone other than Loki even though I loooves me some Loki.

I haven't heard that but is it terrible to say I wouldn't be surprised? There are certain actors who you hear rumors that they may have been involved in either violence or harassment and you either go no way I refuse to believe that (like if it were Tom Hanks or something), or you go hm, that is unfortunate but I totally buy it.

Cranford was total class, and yes as much as I think Tom is a great actor he would be to Bond what Roger Moore was. Not saying Roger was awful but Bond then was a smart, posh, ladies man that knew how to use a gun. Daniel Craig continued on what Timothy Dalton started, a bit more rugged, suave, brought up a posh but has an edge. Fassbender fits that bill more. But if the rumours are true then no he shouldn't get the part. Idris would have been good too but 38-40 seems to be the magic age to start Bond.
I'm trying to think of a classic character that we've not seen (or not seen on screen in the last 50-60 years) that Tom could take on....... I'll give it some thought and post some ideas later

Last edited:
Reactions: 1

I was a bit worried I had libelled him, so I googled
About Those Michael Fassbender/Domestic Assault Rumors - The Frisky

I could see Luke Evans.
Luke Evans is openly gay, and the Bond Franchise is quite homophobic ( which is why I don't really have a lot of respect for it). It would also rule out Richard Madden, another name that has been in the mix. More fool them.

Reactions: 5
Luke Evans is openly gay, and the Bond Franchise is quite homophobic ( which is why I don't really have a lot of respect for it). It would also rule out Richard Madden, another name that has been in the mix. More fool them.
I didn't know that about the franchise...certainly makes me lose respect and almost not want Tom affiliated. I adore Richard Madden and I'm excited to see him in The Eternals.

I saw a post I don't even remember where, comparing a picture of Tom as DB Cooper to a picture of J Robert Oppenheimer and I think he would have been great in Nolan's film, but I'm sure it has already been cast.

I'm trying to think of a classic character that we've not seen (or not seen on screen in the last 50-60 years) that Tom could take on....... I'll give it some thought and post some ideas later
What about something like Maxim de Winter if they did a remake of Rebecca? He did such a good job in Crimson Peak, I feel like this would be right up his alley. I'd also love to see him in a title Shakespeare role but on screen, kind of like The Hollow Crown but maybe a movie epic instead of a mini series.

I didn't know that about the franchise...certainly makes me lose respect and almost not want Tom affiliated. I adore Richard Madden and I'm excited to see him in The Eternals.

I saw a post I don't even remember where, comparing a picture of Tom as DB Cooper to a picture of J Robert Oppenheimer and I think he would have been great in Nolan's film, but I'm sure it has already been cast.

What about something like Maxim de Winter if they did a remake of Rebecca? He did such a good job in Crimson Peak, I feel like this would be right up his alley. I'd also love to see him in a title Shakespeare role but on screen, kind of like The Hollow Crown but maybe a movie epic instead of a mini series.
Yes I think that could work if they did a remake of Rebecca. I think you're right about Oppenheimer already being cast but can't remember who it was. I could see him also being cast in a WW2 spy thriller but not a remake if you know what I mean as I wouldn't want Tom being compared to whoever had played the part originally

What about something like Maxim de Winter if they did a remake of Rebecca?
They have only recently done one! It's on Netflix. Two of the world's most wooden actors were being wooden in it- Armie Hammer and Lily James. It was panned, I think. Doubt they will try that again in a hurry

Reactions: 3
They have only recently done one! It's on Netflix. Two of the world's most wooden actors were being wooden in it- Armie Hammer and Lily James. It was panned, I think. Doubt they will try that again in a hurry
Can't say I'd watch anything with Armie in until I hear more about what he was accused of.

It is an exciting idea but I was never a fan of Tom being Bond. Not that I would think he cannot do it. I mean, the entire The Night Manager was basically a casting but it was five years ago and even when Josh Horowitz asked Tom recently (well 2019, but we can all agree that 2020 didn´t happen :D ), he was very evasive and refused to say anything. So my guess is that these rumoured actors may have been approached, there may be a list (kind of like when they are looking for an Oscar host :D ) and when someone turns them down, they go to the next guy? So maybe he knows there is a chance but I would definitely prefered something original. Also, being in two franchises...I love, LOVE his Loki, he can do miracles with that character and I want him to stick to it but he still seems to have enough freedom to work around the MCU schedule a bit. With that AND Bond? Even with Bond filming cca each 2-3 years, the productions of it are notoriously long so he wouldn´t really have anything else to do. Also, I am not sure how long can the Bond formula work in 21st century. Some of Craig´s movies were not that good, however his run was more or less successful. I thinkt he last batch was the best, simply because they were tied in one story with one female lead next to him.
That said, I suspect we may have to wait for a new name because to make Bond special, and with "wanting more" effect, they may wait a couple of years for a new movie and a name.

I had no idea a about Michael Fassbender and those rumours. But these days, there are rumours following many actors and some are proven false or wrong....I don´t judge, I always say "innocent untl proven guilty" but I can certainly see how this would rule him out.

Last edited:
Yes I think that could work if they did a remake of Rebecca. I think you're right about Oppenheimer already being cast but can't remember who it was. I could see him also being cast in a WW2 spy thriller but not a remake if you know what I mean as I wouldn't want Tom being compared to whoever had played the part originally
Until now, only one name has been published for the film by christopher Nolan: Cilian Murphy

• Heart
Cillan is fantastic. Raw talen. Very little schooling. And MAD! I am his fan since Disco Pigs.

Nolam is my spirit animal.

Tom Hardy...whoa! To bad he is marries and I don't like to be the one whoi ruins things. Lol! I love that bad boy attitude. Love how he is zero fu*ks in interviews even when provoked.
Anyone Taboo?

I love Nolan, since Following. He went a bit mad with the time travel/dimensions thing but I prefer his more low-key work so I hope the new latest one will be exactly that.

Tom Hardy...whoa! To bad he is marries and I don't like to be the one whoi ruins things. Lol! I love that bad boy attitude. Love how he is zero fu*ks in interviews even when provoked.
Anyone Taboo?
Ohhh Taboo. Yes Tom Hardy is a sexy category unto himself. He's not my favorite celeb overall, although I think he's an amazing actor (wanted to murder him in The Revenant), but he has this really strange kind of appeal for me where he's more sexy than handsome...and I like it.

I love Cillian as well. I was pleasantly surprised to see him in A Quiet Place 2 and he's just very good, completely immersed in all his roles and strangely magnetic. I should watch Inception again since it has both him AND Hardy, and my first true love, Leo (Leo was 100% my sexual awakening).

@TrixxieQuinn Have you seen the videos of Tom Hardy reading children's bedtime stories? 🔥

• Heart
@TrixxieQuinn Have you seen the videos of Tom Hardy reading children's bedtime stories? 🔥
Yes, I have! Bedtime stories for children and us big kids. Woody was in those videos!

Love Hardy's story about rescuing Woody. Also that time he took him to the movie premiere. And the open letter he wrote when doggo passed away. :cry:💔

I love when celebs behave like normal people, not robots.

I guess I am alone in the "not getting Tom Hardy´s appeal" department :D That´s cool. I am all Hugh Jackman/Tom Hiddleston/RDJ woman with a bit of spice from Simon Pegg and Sharlto Copley (yes, I am weird that way :D )

I guess I am alone in the "not getting Tom Hardy´s appeal" department :D That´s cool. I am all Hugh Jackman/Tom Hiddleston/RDJ woman with a bit of spice from Simon Pegg and Sharlto Copley (yes, I am weird that way :D )
We all have our strange tastes (or not so strange, depending on who you ask). I love both my Tom H's (Hiddles and Hardy) and they are vastly different. I was very into Cole Sprouse for awhile even though he's young for my taste, but that phase has passed. I was MADLY in love with Henry Cavill when he was on The Tudors but these days, meh.

I will share with you one of my deepest loves- I am very into a lot of broadway performers including Aaron Tveit and one of the most beautiful specimens I've ever seen, an actor named Ramin Karimloo. He has played the Phantom and Jean Valjean and he is STUNNING. Sorry to derail the Tom thread 😂
ramin.jpg

• Haha
As long as you're not team Henry Cavill it is ok. :ROFLMAO: I swear that man is a robot. :confused: He is handsome, but so boring.

ETA: sorry db131 :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Sorry to derail the Tom thread 😂
It was getting boring anyway. The thread. A little diversity in conversation won't hurt.

@Jara have you seen Reminiscence? I really liked it.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Nope I don't get Tom Hardy either. Good actor, but not my cup of tea. I think he's too rough and ready for Bond.
I honestly thought that guy out of Poldark might be a serious contender.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.