Tom Hiddleston #10 Blue is the new black

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Going back to my tin-hatter theory, I wonder if there's any correlation to this:

Victoria Alonso quit yesterday so I guess it is what most big companies do thse days, sadly. After years of growth, they downsize. I think that is also why Secret Invasion and Loki will be the only two Marvel series on D+ this year. I read there may be another writer´s strike ahead so they may want to have something to release (they do have other shows done and two other filming now), and apparently, Victoria Alonso was a known bully among VFX workers so it seemst to be apparently a good thing...
I also read that some directors (*cough*Taika*cough*) got a little in over their head and asked for actors he got and then cut them of the final movie, but they still had to pay them (Lena Heady, Peter Dinglage), while we got a LOT OF Korg. I loved his Ragnarok but this movie got out of hand so badly that I do not need to go to reddit or other places to read these. So I think they may get more supervision. which may be a good thing but let´ s hope not *too* much supervision. I don´t think Disney/Marvel will have some big trouble over the couple obstacles lately but it may slow them down a bit, which is not a bad thing.
I read at some forums that The Guardians of the Galaxy, Loki S2 and Secret Invasion are really great going by test screenings but those test screenings went "great" for Thor: Love and Thunder as well and here we are :D But Loki is already an established show with a good team and I do believe, however Tom is only an actor with some producer credit where he may or may not have some influence over things, that he wouldn´t really let the show to go downhill.
In any case, I will be happy to see him filming something else for a while, but I want to see him at least get a decent send off as Loki, probably in both Avengers movies.

I'd heard different about Victoria that she doesn't stand for bullying (in any form) or nepotism. She apparently is a very strong character but great to work for as long as you respect others and their merit no matter the job they do.

Reactions: 1
I'd heard different about Victoria that she doesn't stand for bullying (in any form) or nepotism. She apparently is a very strong character but great to work for as long as you respect others and their merit no matter the job they do.
I guess it depends on who you ask and how they accept it. I mean, there is a difference between being a strong character and not accept anything else than your POV and enforcing it. So maybe she just crossed some people. I don´t think we will ever know. They did not even issue any official statement yet.
It is a bit annoying that we don´t know any D+ shows release dates, though. I am not sure they care that much but if I was not a target audience (not just with Marvel and SW but they have also Alien movies and horror movies and their documentaries are splendid), I would have cancelled subscription, or would, given I have paid a year ahead after it got here in June. Not even all Assembled documents are there (including Loki, which is the most frustrating bit) and their customer support really sucks.

Movie industry as a whole is not in a good place now and I suspect they may not only need to unite their streaming services eventually and make some sort of deals but also pay less for blockbusters and huge money to actors upfront. I think what we see now is a transformation of a cinema as we know it. When TV came, it did not impact cinemas, when VHS came, it did not impact it either (only one more media to get money from) but with streaming? It is an entire different matter.

I guess it depends on who you ask and how they accept it. I mean, there is a difference between being a strong character and not accept anything else than your POV and enforcing it. So maybe she just crossed some people. I don´t think we will ever know. They did not even issue any official statement yet.
It is a bit annoying that we don´t know any D+ shows release dates, though. I am not sure they care that much but if I was not a target audience (not just with Marvel and SW but they have also Alien movies and horror movies and their documentaries are splendid), I would have cancelled subscription, or would, given I have paid a year ahead after it got here in June. Not even all Assembled documents are there (including Loki, which is the most frustrating bit) and their customer support really sucks.

Movie industry as a whole is not in a good place now and I suspect they may not only need to unite their streaming services eventually and make some sort of deals but also pay less for blockbusters and huge money to actors upfront. I think what we see now is a transformation of a cinema as we know it. When TV came, it did not impact cinemas, when VHS came, it did not impact it either (only one more media to get money from) but with streaming? It is an entire different matter.
I'm sure we'll hear but I know people that have worked with her and said she's lovely but takes no nonsense.
I think the days of paying a large number of the cast a huge wage are gone. There maybe one or two higher earners on a cast but as you say unless streaming services come together something has to give

I'm sure we'll hear but I know people that have worked with her and said she's lovely but takes no nonsense.
I think the days of paying a large number of the cast a huge wage are gone. There maybe one or two higher earners on a cast but as you say unless streaming services come together something has to give
I think you are right, these days are gone. The days when an actor was a draw just on his name are gone as well. there are some big names, established actors and even those have problems sell movies. I hate to say it but I think now there is probably only Tom Cruise and he is mostly producing it so I don´t think his pay is in the question here. But when an actor gets 20 millions for a movie that is not even out yet and they have to include the wage into the budget, that is not a good strategy. It is as if I was paid for a job I haven´t done yet and may never do (like when the movie flops). Streaming also works in a different way and even Netflix did cancel a few big budget productions because they are basically throwing 200 millions out of the window.

According to Owen, Loki may be out at the end of summer or September, which was expected but I was still hoping it could be switched with Secret Invasion (looking forward to it as well, but I am more excited about Loki).
I do wonder if Tom will start filming something, how he will squeeze promotion into it. I guess he already knows very much ahead so it is settled.
So I guess full trailer is still months away if true :(

According to Owen, Loki may be out at the end of summer or September, which was expected but I was still hoping it could be switched with Secret Invasion (looking forward to it as well, but I am more excited about Loki).
I do wonder if Tom will start filming something, how he will squeeze promotion into it. I guess he already knows very much ahead so it is settled.
So I guess full trailer is still months away if true :(

Unlike TOM, Owen has managed to make a film.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Unlike TOM, Owen has managed to make a film.

Tom has two series coming up. That we know about, maybe something we don´t know about. Unlike Owen, he also had a baby (which, some so called "fans" somehow refuse to accept and turned out full psycho as - sadly - expected) so he may have asked to have a potential filming schedule to move around it.

Re shoot will be too much now wouldn’t it? I presume he is heavily in Loki S2…
well, they said three episodes but I guess they could just do some digital face lift? We may not know in how many episodes or scenes he is so it could be edited but it would affect the final result (last rumour was that Loki S2 is actually great....)
i would probably wait if he is actually guilty (however it looks bad). But if truth than it is really bad that someone so kind and professional like Tom had his production poisoned by someone like that. This may be the case of "he was such a nice guy" on the outside but was a crap at home? We don´t know anything really...I guess reshoot is possible (they way Christopher Plummer reshot scenes after Kevin Spacey) so it would not be so extensive but it could mean a delay?
But this is a bit petty from me, I guess....the important thing that - if he is guilty - he was stopped and that woman is OK.
But we don´t really know now. In any case, they will have a difficult sleep in Marvel tonihght. And until now, they were bullet proof in their casting.

Now some good stuff for a change. I love how Tom is making sure he can meet fans afterwoods. But gosh, the guy coming from nowhere, taking the selfie without Tom even knowing, is pretty scary. Why is the security there, then? A lots of crazies out there these days.....