Tom & Giovanna Fletcher #2 We’re a bore, we sleep on the floor, gimme more more more (money)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can't believe how careless they are with showing so much of where they live on Instagram. It's so easy to find their address online, it's scary.

Reactions: 5
(Hi I'm kinda new to this specific thread because Tom/Gi have never bothered me in the past but just recently his ig content is annoying me)
Firstly, even before reading here I found something fishy about their Doctor Who posts, it was horribly ham-fisted, especially with them tagging @/bbcdoctorwho.
Secondly, this has actually bothered me for years; the sleeping situation!! I assume this has been a hot topic in previous threads. It drives me mad! The letting the kids sleep in their bed, sleeping in the kids' rooms. It happens far too often. I'm no expert at all but it seems like spectacularly bad parenting to me. They're massively feeding into co-dependency there and not setting boundaries. I dread to think how bad their night-time tantrums are that warrants this "parenting" technique.
Thirdly, he needs to quit with the "My wife is away, I'm struggling to look after 3 boys on my own in this massive house surrounded by all of my wealth" routine. It's not cute, and it's so insulting to followers who are single parents barely scraping by trying to look after (and now home school) multiple children during a pandemic. He needs to check his privilege and shut up.

Reactions: 31
(Hi I'm kinda new to this specific thread because Tom/Gi have never bothered me in the past but just recently his ig content is annoying me)
Firstly, even before reading here I found something fishy about their Doctor Who posts, it was horribly ham-fisted, especially with them tagging @/bbcdoctorwho.
Secondly, this has actually bothered me for years; the sleeping situation!! I assume this has been a hot topic in previous threads. It drives me mad! The letting the kids sleep in their bed, sleeping in the kids' rooms. It happens far too often. I'm no expert at all but it seems like spectacularly bad parenting to me. They're massively feeding into co-dependency there and not setting boundaries. I dread to think how bad their night-time tantrums are that warrants this "parenting" technique.
Thirdly, he needs to quit with the "My wife is away, I'm struggling to look after 3 boys on my own in this massive house surrounded by all of my wealth" routine. It's not cute, and it's so insulting to followers who are single parents barely scraping by trying to look after (and now home school) multiple children during a pandemic. He needs to check his privilege and shut up.
Yep most of us have one laptop with multiple kids having to share yet they show a set up for each child, my sister in law has 4 who need to access a laptop at the same time for home learning but obviously can’t as they only have one between them

Re cat/kid piss story. Why is he sleeping on a mattress in the floor of their room?? Have they no guest room? Is that a “lol, relatable” thing because he missed.
They have a guest bedroom on the top floor, maybe they have a guest in there?!

Reactions: 1
Kinda struggle to get annoyed about them having a nanny. They both have jobs where they are often away / work late or early, funny hours etc and a nanny is probably more flexible than a childcare setting would be.

Also, having a nanny isn’t much different to putting your kid in an expensive nursery really. Where I live (not far from them) a nanny costs approx £10 an hour and the local overpriced nursery is about the same. The nanny probably does the school runs since they already have the little one at home.

Obv having a live-in nanny is different and way more eye-roll-worthy. Have we seen evidence of a nanny? 🕵🏼‍♂️

Reactions: 3
Kinda struggle to get annoyed about them having a nanny. They both have jobs where they are often away / work late or early, funny hours etc and a nanny is probably more flexible than a childcare setting would be.

Also, having a nanny isn’t much different to putting your kid in an expensive nursery really. Where I live (not far from them) a nanny costs approx £10 an hour and the local overpriced nursery is about the same. The nanny probably does the school runs since they already have the little one at home.

Obv having a live-in nanny is different and way more eye-roll-worthy. Have we seen evidence of a nanny? 🕵🏼‍♂️
I don't have a problem with them having a nanny, several people I know have a nanny, I believe one of them revealed it in an interview, someone will know for sure. My problem is when one of them is away and the other makes out it is such hard work looking after 3 kids by themselves, even pre covid they have done this. You aren't looking after them by yourself, just be honest!!

Reactions: 12
Probably their attempt to be relatable with people who are looking after 3 kids on their own 🙄
I don't have a problem with them having a nanny, several people I know have a nanny, I believe one of them revealed it in an interview, someone will know for sure. My problem is when one of them is away and the other makes out it is such hard work looking after 3 kids by themselves, even pre covid they have done this. You aren't looking after them by yourself, just be honest!!

Reactions: 2
Yeah I don’t have a problem with them having a nanny if they have one. I totally respect the need to have a bit of help sometimes and ‘celebrities’ jobs are all over the place sometimes so I get it.

My problem is the fact that they pretend not to. I’d much rather people were open about it rather than pretending to do everything on their own. They’re constantly moaning about how much they do and how hard it is, trying to be relatable is their thing.

I can’t imagine what it’s like for some mums at home struggling by themselves to see picture perfect influencers and celebs on Instagram who manage to have perfect homes and seemingly perfect lives but they’re not revealing that they have help to achieve it. It’s damaging to put out that image when the average mum will compare herself to it and feel bad if they’re not measuring up.

I find these celebs complaining about Home Schooling incredibly insensitive... I’m sorry that you are stuck in you multimillion pound house with your nanny while the kids home school on top end tablets and laptops. Think of those poor single parents in high rise flat cramped up and having to juggle childcare!
I feel like Izzy Judd was like this yesterday with her homeschooling/washing story 🙄

Reactions: 7
It’s the fact that they say there solo parenting. There not solo parenting with a nanny and their other half being away on work. I’m a widow that’s solo parenting.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 23
I couldn't care less if they had a nanny or 10 nannies but they need to lay off the tired haggard "life is so hard isn't it" relatable crap they spurge out, they do not and cannot relate to a typical parent/carer - it's nauseating that these celebrities and influencers haven't checked their privileges once during this pandemic but are still driving the narrative of 'relatable' in order to increase their already ample bank accounts. Knobs the lot of them

‘I’m such a fun, kooky dad!!!’

How about you just play with your son without feeling the need to stop and make him pose for a selfie to post online for likes. He’s obsessed!

E1A6321D-A475-4725-897D-0F90C0CDBDB3.jpeg

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
I couldn't care less if they had a nanny or 10 nannies but they need to lay off the tired haggard "life is so hard isn't it" relatable crap they spurge out, they do not and cannot relate to a typical parent/carer - it's nauseating that these celebrities and influencers haven't checked their privileges once during this pandemic but are still driving the narrative of 'relatable' in order to increase their already ample bank accounts. Knobs the lot of them
Agree with this. Too many celebs do this. Hilary Baldwin is one of the worst.

I need to ask Tom and Carrie’s parents some parenting tips so I can do the exact opposite for my own children.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.