Tom and Giovanna Fletcher

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Gi has posted today saying that she's not had time to write during lockdown, but she's been able to read.

Obviously their way of explaining what will no doubt be mammoth delays again with the next eve of man

I'm sorry but there are two parents in that house 24/7 with three kids during lockdown. And they have a HUGE house with separate office areas for each of them. Why haven't they done what 99% of the population with kids and jobs did, and find some kind of schedule to work? Surely writing is her main job, so she should be prioritising it?
She also ‘normally’ makes a big point of how she does most of her writing in the evenings when the kids are asleep. Surely she would have been able to keep that up in lockdown.

Reactions: 6
I think they're pretty representative of exhausted parents trying to make some money and take care of their family. It's refreshing to see Gi being so honest all the time. Parenting is rough! I've met them both on numerous occasions. Back in the old McFly days and more recently. They are genuinely nice, salt of the earth people. The are childhood sweethearts who have grown up together, and that probably shows in their relationship. They are the best of friends. Tom has always adored Christmas, so that's not a gimmick or something to make him seem quirky. He's always been obsessed. I think it's quite charming.

They have been around a very long time. Well before social media was a thing. And they've adapted and grown their "brand" with the times. I say fair play to them. The McFLy stuff dried up so they found new ways of making money.

The only negative thing I have to say about them is that the kids names are a bit bizarre. But each to their own I guess.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
It’s considerably less rough when you can spend the night at a hotel to get some me time. It considerably less rough when you get gifted holidays worth tens of thousands of pounds and it’s considerably less rough you say the most mundane cliches about parenting and your held up as a saviour.

I think they seem like a happy, content couple but they do not have to expose their children. They have plenty of money.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Parenting is rough but honestly that look parents get during the newborn phase (never known tiredness like it)...it passes but she's embraced it to appear relatable - they have grandparents doing childcare regularly and nannies, and amazing holidays gifted, their brand is parenting and family, they need to appear hard working (I'm sure they are) but they almost deliberately construct visuals of tired hard working parents to drive the ££££

Reactions: 16
I'll never forget when she was away and was amazed that Tom took all 3 kids to a shop at the same time. She said 'I've never done that'. I've got 3 kids and I didn't have a choice, it's not like I could leave one at home!

Reactions: 19
she just makes everything look hard work imo. She made a comment when Tom went away for a night about how she was solo parenting. I had to message her and put her straight that she wasn’t solo parenting as her husband was at the end of a phone and could be back in a flash. I solo parent- widow of 2 years with 2 kids and have had my kids for 2 years 24-7.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 40
I think it's lovely how Tom's publishing company always gives him personalised gifts at publication. Not seen that on anyone else's publication, shows he must make them a lot of money! I admit, I do like the Christmasauras.

I've met them both a couple of times. They were genuinely nice and chatty. I don't think they're bad people per se. Just a bit like other Instagram influencers now, with the ads and child over exposure.

But they totally need to get those kids in a bed time routine and stop sleeping on the floor!!!!

Reactions: 9
I don’t think they do sleep on the floor with the children. I think it’s just something they say as it fits with their ‘we are just a tired stressed normal family’ brand and makes them look relatable.

Nobody in their right mind would sleep on the floor every night with their children who are all ages over 1 years old. It’s just silly.

Reactions: 5
Has there been a falling out with Carrie? I don’t think she’s been mentioned in a long time and she hasn’t posted about them either.

Reactions: 3
Has there been a falling out with Carrie? I don’t think she’s been mentioned in a long time and she hasn’t posted about them either.

She sent Tom homemade candles he storied about, and storied about his new book publication

Definitely not as close as they were. But that's just my opinion from what I've seen!

I don't think he even liked her Happy Birthday post either (she found a way to make it about her, as usual)

Reactions: 2
Tom did a thing for the princes trust maybe last year? About job interviews. He would be duck all use, he’s never done one or had a job (his words).

Their poor kids childhood is sold for the world to see. Sod privacy eh? It’s odd, it’s not like she needs the money doing Persil adverts or whatever.

Reactions: 8
That's interesting about the never having had a job. I think that defines a huge level of privilege. Never having a part time retail job aged 16. Never working a temp or basic Admin job through college.

So much humility and life experience is actually gained from being on the bottom rung. I wonder whether that why Carrie, Tom, GI, all seem the way they do.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I feel like Tom could have commented on the one direction ten year thing without mentioning which songs he wrote for them. I hate when people post under the guise of discussing someone else when really they want to make it about themselves.

that said,he doesn’t annoy me anywhere near as much as Gi does(though still pretty bloody annoying)

Reactions: 5
I feel like Tom could have commented on the one direction ten year thing without mentioning which songs he wrote for them. I hate when people post under the guise of discussing someone else when really they want to make it about themselves.

that said,he doesn’t annoy me anywhere near as much as Gi does(though still pretty bloody annoying)
Thanks for inadvertently directing me to his post which I missed; never realised he wrote I Would, my fave 1D album track! 🎶

PS Superhero post annoyed me. Look at us, we’re such FUN parents, so QUIRKY 😆

Reactions: 1
Thanks for inadvertently directing me to his post which I missed; never realised he wrote I Would, my fave 1D album track! 🎶

PS Superhero post annoyed me. Look at us, we’re such FUN parents, so QUIRKY 😆
I love all the songs he wrote for them bar I want,so tbf he did a good job! Didn’t actually know that dougie did any songwriting

I love all the songs he wrote for them bar I want,so tbf he did a good job! Didn’t actually know that dougie did any songwriting
Dougie comes up with most of the songs for McFly as does Tom, I would say those 2 are the main writers

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.