Tom and Giovanna Fletcher #7 Forced grins and M&S gins

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I said this before on the Carrie thread, but was she actually bullied or did people just not want to hang out with her? People don't have to be your friends just because you're sharing a maths group. She's the type of girl to insert herself into peoples' conversations without invite and almost force relationships to happen.

And if your attempts to make friends are by name dropping and offering bribes - that's not a great way to create long lasting genuine friendships.

I've seen her a few times at McFly shows and she's always only ever there with Debbie and Bob. I've never once seen her bring a friend.
She mentioned in her first book (which isn't the most objective source, I know) that she was bullied a lot in primary school because she was out of school for acting jobs so was always behind socially as a result and generally unpopular. Like apparently "Shut up, Carrie!" was a classroom catchphrase. Definitely reads like a mix of Carrie trying too hard to be a part of things alongside kids being general assholes (like launching stuff at her).

I think primary school was when the incident of girls using her for tickets happened (because I swear she's talked about taking a group of girls and they dropped her the day after) because she wrote about joining high school like a month late (due to a theatre role) then was targeted by the typical mouthy girl because the girl asked for free tickets off the bat and Carrie said no. Seems like it was typical 'mean girl' bullying - tripping her up, throwing stuff, making jokes about her, deliberately leaving her out, etc. But she did end up making a few friends at school quite quickly.

Honestly I'd wager that either she doesn't get a spare ticket (if Tom's already inviting her, their parents and his wife, etc) or her friends just aren't people she'd invite to a McFly gig. (Either they're McFly fans and then Carrie's sus of their intentions or they're not and won't go. You can't even go and get drunk with your pal for a laugh because she's with her maw. Like her mates have nae way to win 😂)

Reactions: 2
She mentioned in her first book (which isn't the most objective source, I know) that she was bullied a lot in primary school because she was out of school for acting jobs so was always behind socially as a result and generally unpopular. Like apparently "Shut up, Carrie!" was a classroom catchphrase. Definitely reads like a mix of Carrie trying too hard to be a part of things alongside kids being general assholes (like launching stuff at her).

I think primary school was when the incident of girls using her for tickets happened (because I swear she's talked about taking a group of girls and they dropped her the day after) because she wrote about joining high school like a month late (due to a theatre role) then was targeted by the typical mouthy girl because the girl asked for free tickets off the bat and Carrie said no. Seems like it was typical 'mean girl' bullying - tripping her up, throwing stuff, making jokes about her, deliberately leaving her out, etc. But she did end up making a few friends at school quite quickly.

Honestly I'd wager that either she doesn't get a spare ticket (if Tom's already inviting her, their parents and his wife, etc) or her friends just aren't people she'd invite to a McFly gig. (Either they're McFly fans and then Carrie's sus of their intentions or they're not and won't go. You can't even go and get drunk with your pal for a laugh because she's with her maw. Like her mates have nae way to win 😂)
She won't go to support her brother because it's not the Carrie show 😂

Actually you know what, I don't care :LOL: this is the Tom and Gi thread. Not that there's anything going on.

Reactions: 1
Did anyone catch the livestream where mcfly were reading out 2006 fanmail and someone from the US had said tom is fat and ugly, and should get the moles taken off his face. He seemed really quiet during the entire thing

And recently Dougie said how everyone should show tom some love

Sounds like he's going through a rough time

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Did anyone catch the livestream where mcfly were reading out 2006 fanmail and someone from the US had said tom is fat and ugly, and should get the moles taken off his face. He seemed really quiet during the entire thing

That letter slaughtered the entire band.
RIP Danny's nose.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Are these two bellends home from Disney yet? I wonder if Amy went with them? Can just imagine Tom folding her in half like an ironing board and squeezing her into his carry on

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Are these two bellends home from Disney yet? I wonder if Amy went with them? Can just imagine Tom folding her in half like an ironing board and squeezing her into his carry on
Yeah that's why Tom's gone silent on social media again. He doesn't have to post about their #gifted #ad #workperk holiday any more.

Reactions: 4
Why has he gone so silent though ? Is there any rumours flying about what’s up with him? He’s looking really dishevelled too 🤔

Why has he gone so silent though ? Is there any rumours flying about what’s up with him? He’s looking really dishevelled too 🤔
He clearly can't be that bad because he's had two family holidays and a weekend away with the missus in the space of about three weeks.

He made it to Disneyland Paris but he can't make it online to say thank you to everyone that's sent him messages asking if he's OK?

Last edited:
Reactions: 14
Well I notice on Giovanna’s Instagram post for Buzz’s birthday, there is no sight of Tom in any of the pictures. So I definitely think there is still tension.

Well I notice on Giovanna’s Instagram post for Buzz’s birthday, there is no sight of Tom in any of the pictures. So I definitely think there is still tension.
He shared her Buzz birthday post to his stories and he's just shared a story advertising her mum and baby event. With him being absent on all platforms it's so hard to tell what's going on.

That is so horrible, I think he still suffers massively with his body image and eating disorders which were triggered by stuff about his weight, his mom hates being in photos so I wonder is there a history of eating disorder or body dysmorphia in the family ?

That is so horrible, I think he still suffers massively with his body image and eating disorders which were triggered by stuff about his weight, his mom hates being in photos so I wonder is there a history of eating disorder or body dysmorphia in the family ?
Pretty sure Debbie has anxiety.
I recently started wondering if maybe they had trouble conceiving second time round because the age gap between Tom and Carrie is 6 years. I know it's not a massive gap but most people usually have the second sibling within a couple of years. She's ridiculously protective over Carrie in a way she isn't with Tom. You don't see Debbie coming into the Daily Mail comments to defend Tom and Gi.

Pretty sure Debbie has anxiety.
I recently started wondering if maybe they had trouble conceiving second time round because the age gap between Tom and Carrie is 6 years. I know it's not a massive gap but most people usually have the second sibling within a couple of years. She's ridiculously protective over Carrie in a way she isn't with Tom. You don't see Debbie coming into the Daily Mail comments to defend Tom and Gi.
Yes I wondered that. She’s called Carrie Hope and people often use the name Hope after there’s been some trauma. I even wondered about baby loss, though obviously that’s just speculation

Reactions: 1
Me stalking Giovanna’s Instagram after a few days and all I hear is “Huppy mum, huppy baby”
🙈 She is the queen of the mum’s because she is the first parent ever… go Gi 🦸‍♀️ 🤡🥱 👏 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I thought she was wearing a rain coat talking about that, looked like uncomfortable material for a dress

I’ve unfollowed after she decided to have Kate Lawler on. The woman who quite clearly never wanted to be a mum & now hates being one. 🙄 all she bloody does is complain about her child.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I’ve unfollowed after she decided to have Kate Lawler on. The woman who quite clearly never wanted to be a mum & now hates being one. 🙄 all she bloody does is complain about her child.
Tbh I feel like that about Georgia Jones. Maybe shechanged, I honestly had to stop checking in on her posts because of it.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.