Tom and Giovanna Fletcher #7 Forced grins and M&S gins

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I haven't been on a holiday (not even a staycation) since 2018. And this is what? Their third trip in a month?

How she can even act like its a work thing is beyond me. Whoever takes their families on business trips?

Starting to wish they'd kept up their social media abstinence, it was really doing me the world of good.

Reactions: 16
They are total wet flannels. No redeeming qualities whatsoever. I can see Buzz being another Brooklyn Beckham when heā€™s older too

• Sad
Reactions: 13
Should the kids not be at school
Some parts of the country were on half term last week and now being the weekend I guess itā€™s okay. Itā€™ll be telling if theyā€™re home by Monday and theyā€™re back in time for term to start. Although I believe London/herts were the week before like my school (teacher) so who knows! Might be a private school.

Also, and please donā€™t attack me for this!!! But I understand the frustration of people who have money being given things but isnā€™t part of having a job with perks kind of the point of getting those perks for free? Now, Iā€™m a teacher so tit out of luck for perks!! Even holidays arenā€™t holidays when you work from home 80% of the time, go into school to set up and spend your own money on resources etc (cheers Boris!). But!!! I know people who have high paying jobs and get perks such as hotel stays for conferences and take their families, company cars, work phones, clothing allowances etc.
Like I say, I understand the frustration that some people get given so bloody much when they can afford it! but if youā€™ve built a job where by you influence people to do things based on your experiences then I guess itā€™s part and parcel?
The whole argument about them getting given lots itā€™s valid and yes, they could probably refuse the gifts like the Cornwall stay, or offer to pay still but Gi is employed by Disney now right? If I refused to go on a school trip, Iā€™d be in big trouble! maybe Disney think her content is pretty dry on the podcast as Tom had already vlogged it all!?
I canā€™t help but think itā€™s good business sense on the part of the companies, if I had a holiday home/party planning business that had been hit hard by covid, the best thing I could do would be to approach an influencer with the exact target demographic I want (such as the Happy Fletcher Family co.) to get more families in.
Sorry if none of that makes sense and believe me, I still find them annoying!! But I just thought Iā€™d offer another side to the argument!

• Heart
Reactions: 37
@nb2021 what you says totally makes sense. Itā€™s how the rich stay rich, they donā€™t spend their own money, they call in favours from people who are their suppliers at work and get given freebies to remain the suppliers at work.

Also with influencers, of course they get given free things, thatā€™s the business model. They try something out and if they have a good time they influence their followers to also give it a try. Advertisers get money to flog something they havenā€™t necessarily tried but influencing is because you have tried it. Youā€™ve not been paid to say you love it so itā€™s meant to be more natural and trustworthy.

Yes itā€™s annoying and seems unfair but before influencers they would be spending the money they now use on gifting someone something on paying for advertisement time or production.

Reactions: 8
@nb2021 what you says totally makes sense. Itā€™s how the rich stay rich, they donā€™t spend their own money, they call in favours from people who are their suppliers at work and get given freebies to remain the suppliers at work.

Also with influencers, of course they get given free things, thatā€™s the business model. They try something out and if they have a good time they influence their followers to also give it a try. Advertisers get money to flog something they havenā€™t necessarily tried but influencing is because you have tried it. Youā€™ve not been paid to say you love it so itā€™s meant to be more natural and trustworthy.

Yes itā€™s annoying and seems unfair but before influencers they would be spending the money they now use on gifting someone something on paying for advertisement time or production.
Ah thank you!! Iā€™m glad it made sense to someone! šŸ˜‚

Reactions: 4
Is he hiding his wedding ring or am I reading too much into this?

Reactions: 1
Is he hiding his wedding ring or am I reading too much into this?
It doesn't look like they brought gloves though and I bet it's freezing in Disneyland this time of year.
Gi looks like she's hiding her hands but if you check photos on her instagram that were taken the same day, I'm pretty sure she is wearing her rings.

Reactions: 3
Some parts of the country were on half term last week and now being the weekend I guess itā€™s okay. Itā€™ll be telling if theyā€™re home by Monday and theyā€™re back in time for term to start. Although I believe London/herts were the week before like my school (teacher) so who knows! Might be a private school.

Also, and please donā€™t attack me for this!!! But I understand the frustration of people who have money being given things but isnā€™t part of having a job with perks kind of the point of getting those perks for free? Now, Iā€™m a teacher so tit out of luck for perks!! Even holidays arenā€™t holidays when you work from home 80% of the time, go into school to set up and spend your own money on resources etc (cheers Boris!). But!!! I know people who have high paying jobs and get perks such as hotel stays for conferences and take their families, company cars, work phones, clothing allowances etc.
Like I say, I understand the frustration that some people get given so bloody much when they can afford it! but if youā€™ve built a job where by you influence people to do things based on your experiences then I guess itā€™s part and parcel?
The whole argument about them getting given lots itā€™s valid and yes, they could probably refuse the gifts like the Cornwall stay, or offer to pay still but Gi is employed by Disney now right? If I refused to go on a school trip, Iā€™d be in big trouble! maybe Disney think her content is pretty dry on the podcast as Tom had already vlogged it all!?
I canā€™t help but think itā€™s good business sense on the part of the companies, if I had a holiday home/party planning business that had been hit hard by covid, the best thing I could do would be to approach an influencer with the exact target demographic I want (such as the Happy Fletcher Family co.) to get more families in.
Sorry if none of that makes sense and believe me, I still find them annoying!! But I just thought Iā€™d offer another side to the argument!
No, it makes total sense. It doesn't mean people have to like it but the reason influencers like the Fletcher's get so many holidays and #gifted shite is because they have that reach and presence that even people on here follow. It's expected as part of their job that they'll promote it everywhere and people will see it.

Like inevitably there's always people complaining that places should be gifting the holidays to those who can't afford them instead of the millionaires but the 'feel good' publicity they might get from doing that would not guarantee the same reach/demographic as these influencers as well as seeming much more calculated/performative (e.g. "Look the poor person getting something nice"). Not to mention it also then gives off the wrong message - that these holidays are so expensive the average person can't afford them otherwise or it just leads to people demanding that they should be gifted a trip for x/y/z reasons. It might make the brand seem nice but it doesn't sell the holiday šŸ˜…

Reactions: 3
No, it makes total sense. It doesn't mean people have to like it but the reason influencers like the Fletcher's get so many holidays and #gifted shite is because they have that reach and presence that even people on here follow. It's expected as part of their job that they'll promote it everywhere and people will see it.

Like inevitably there's always people complaining that places should be gifting the holidays to those who can't afford them instead of the millionaires but the 'feel good' publicity they might get from doing that would not guarantee the same reach/demographic as these influencers as well as seeming much more calculated/performative (e.g. "Look the poor person getting something nice"). Not to mention it also then gives off the wrong message - that these holidays are so expensive the average person can't afford them otherwise or it just leads to people demanding that they should be gifted a trip for x/y/z reasons. It might make the brand seem nice but it doesn't sell the holiday šŸ˜…
Oh gosh no! People donā€™t have to like it at all if they donā€™t want to! And like I said, if the Fletchers wanted, they could refuse or offer to pay for their stay. I hope I didnā€™t sound like I was saying ā€œitā€™s their job, get over it!ā€ šŸ˜‚ that was not my intention!!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.