To COVID vaccine, or not to vaccine?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Absolutely! My arm is out and ready, jab me up.

I am ready to hug my family members without fear of passing on a virus that could kill them. I’m ready to walk about the shops and take public transport without fear of inadvertently passing on a virus that could kill someone, destroying not only their lives but the lives of their families. I am ready to put my trust into the hundreds and thousands of medical professionals, scientists and others who have dedicated the last 10 months of their lives fighting against this pandemic to find a vaccine, and with the right financing to have shown how phenomenal the human response can be. And I am ready to play my part in easing the burden on the NHS, so that NHS staff can see some light at the end of what must have been one of the most traumatic years of their lives, and so that those who need medical care - not just in relation to Covid - can get it when they need it.

I can’t control what I might pass on to people, but the vaccine will help this.

There’s nothing the government could inject me with that could give them more than what they already get through my phone, my medical and tax records, CCTV, and on and on.

I am ready, jab me up.
👏

This whole pandemic is really scary enough without people making it worse.

I know that some may be worried and not necessarily anti vaxxers, or ardent consipracy theorists who are just a bit fearful due to a number of reasons. I understand that it's okay to be worried in general.But you get those people...the ones who just want to strike fear into the heart of everything. I told my colleague my mother got her jab. Now, knowing how worried I've been about her health in general, this person had no awareness to actually just know when to stop and began a rant about how vaccines need to be researched for years and how nobody knows the side effects are yet, until maybe a year later when suddenly people start getting ill and dropping dead, etc etc. and then winked at me and said: "God willing".

Seriously. :rolleyes:

Reactions: 5
Hey guys I’m new here, I’ve had covid myself lost of taste and smell just generally feeling very run down and I personally don’t wish to take the vaccine, my step dad who is 64 has also had covid he is classed as vulnerable he was bed bound for 12 days and was close to taking himself to hospital and he wants to take the vaccine when offered, I don’t have a problems with people who want it and don’t want it, should be Personal choice in my opinion, like every other vaccine baring the yellow fever and other needed for travel to certain countries, just wondering what are your views on people saying those that don’t want the vaccine shouldn’t be allowed to do certain things? Like daily things excluding travel.

Reactions: 5
Hey guys I’m new here, I’ve had covid myself lost of taste and smell just generally feeling very run down and I personally don’t wish to take the vaccine, my step dad who is 64 has also had covid he is classed as vulnerable he was bed bound for 12 days and was close to taking himself to hospital and he wants to take the vaccine when offered, I don’t have a problems with people who want it and don’t want it, should be Personal choice in my opinion, like every other vaccine baring the yellow fever and other needed for travel to certain countries, just wondering what are your views on people saying those that don’t want the vaccine shouldn’t be allowed to do certain things? Like daily things excluding travel.
I guess that would be up to whatever venue they want to attend ? the vaccine apparently on covers the host so anyone that doesn't want it will know they're open to possible infection but I'm sure that's a chance they're willing to take.

Reactions: 1
I guess that would be up to whatever venue they want to attend ? the vaccine apparently on covers the host so anyone that doesn't want it will know they're open to possible infection but I'm sure that's a chance they're willing to take.
I would defo rather have the side effects of vaccine than covid itself
Seen too many sights from covid I won’t be able to forget

• Sad
Reactions: 7
I am fed up of seeing
NHS staff that are not working on the front line but working from home using the fact that they work for the nhs to get the vaccine when there are people who are much more deserving of it.

These same people used their “nhs” job to gain access to supermarkets queue jump
I am an NHS worker and work on site 3-4 days a week. I felt a bit of guilt for getting the vaccine ahead of my 70 year old mother.. However if I declined it then there is no guarantee that vaccine won't be wasted or it will go to someone who is vulnerable.

We all need to wait our turn and I feel privileged that I got it early. Even though I don't t work on the wards I feel I am at more risk of catching it by walking around the hospital regularly.

Reactions: 3
I am an NHS worker and work on site 3-4 days a week. I felt a bit of guilt for getting the vaccine ahead of my 70 year old mother.. However if I declined it then there is no guarantee that vaccine won't be wasted or it will go to someone who is vulnerable.

We all need to wait our turn and I feel privileged that I got it early. Even though I don't t work on the wards I feel I am at more risk of catching it by walking around the hospital regularly.
You actually work in the hospital so that I understand- there are people I know that are in it, supply and accounting that have worked from home since March and have had the vaccine which I think is completely wrong - im bottom of the pile yet work in a supermarket in contact all day every day - but I just have to wait!

Reactions: 2
In terms of travel I believe it's up to the country whether they want to risk it tbh.

You actually work in the hospital so that I understand- there are people I know that are in it, supply and accounting that have worked from home since March and have had the vaccine which I think is completely wrong - im bottom of the pile yet work in a supermarket in contact all day every day - but I just have to wait!
Same!! We're always forgotten.

In terms of travel, seeing the destruction caused by covid I'd not want to risk people bringing into my country. I don't think it's unreasonable at this time for them to ask for people to be vaccinated. I can't see it lasting for years and years though

Reactions: 3
In terms of travel I believe it's up to the country whether they want to risk it tbh.

I’m “young” ish 😂 no underlying health conditions I’ll be lucky to see a vaccine this year. I’d be shocked if I did. Yet work in a risky environment have have done since this pandemic started nearly a year ago

I don’t know where to direct this question to but it might be worth a try, I have extremely high IG (immunoglobulin levels) due to allergies and wondered if I should get the vaccine? Work is really pushing us to have it (I work in a social care setting) but I’m unsure, I had allergy tests and I was allergic to everything they tested for. Usual animals/ trees/ dust etc but I don’t use an epi pen or anything. I remember the doctor telling me I was the most allergic person he had ever seen. Can anyone advise? Sorry if this is not relevant to the thread! 😂
My husband also has a LOT of allergies (dust, animals, trees and anaphylactic to nuts) - he researched the data on the Pfizer vaccine and decided to get that one. The nurse who administered it just gave him a strong anti-histamine beforehand and he was fine. This is just one anecdote though, you should research it further and speak to the person administering it - it can only be your decision.

Reactions: 4

I don't know what countries will do but some airlines will definteily require the vaccination to travel, Quantas have already said they will

I’m “young” ish 😂 no underlying health conditions I’ll be lucky to see a vaccine this year. I’d be shocked if I did. Yet work in a risky environment have have done since this pandemic started nearly a year ago
Crazy isn't it! I'm the same as you, but my mum is working within the industry and she is adamant we'll get it this year.
I'm 29million down the list though so.. not getting my hopes up. 😅

Put it in my arm, my arse, heck even my eyeball.

I don't know what countries will do but some airlines will definteily require the vaccination to travel, Quantas have already said they will
There are health passports for travel already being worked on and trialled.

Last edited:
How many people have died after taking the vaccine? How many people died today without the vaccine? Lot of dumb people about these days who can't even bother to provide evidence for their nonsensical claims... they work on the theory of "repeat it enough times and it becomes true".
How many didn’t die who haven’t taken it? Feel free to share your evidence.

Even with the vaccine people will still spread the virus. It takes multiple layers of protection. There are also 1000’s of people missing out on cancer trials and treatment because of Covid who are now terminal.

The Government have messed this up at every given opportunity. Stop being so bloody patronising if people question what they are being told via the media and a Gov who have repeatedly lied to us.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.