To COVID vaccine, or not to vaccine?

Would you get the COVID vaccine?

• Yes

Votes: 777 73.2%
  • No

Votes: 284 26.8%

• Total voters
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve been offered the COVID-19 vaccine at work. I work in a care home so it’s being offered alongside our residents. We have to let them know if we want it so one can be ordered for us.. but I’m in two minds!

What would you do? And why?

Reactions: 8
No, everyone needs to do more research for themselves and actually question why they are pushing so hard on this. The vaccine will change your dna... If that doesn't scare you?!

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 82
No, everyone needs to do more research for themselves and actually question why they are pushing so hard on this. The vaccine will change your dna... If that doesn't scare you?!
That's not true. That rumour started on Twitter by some knob who works for Trump in the White House.

I'll be getting it, don't have any qualms about it either. I travel a lot for work and a lot of countries will be making it mandatory, like Yellow Fever.

• Heart
Reactions: 74
So, I'm in the medical profession (when I'm not pregnant) absolutely no way will I be having it..
Call me a conspiracy theorist, nothing about this rings true. I don't know what the endgame is here, but I'm staying safe in my own way.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 63
I would take it and I would recommend getting information from trusted sources. It will not change your DNA.

Reactions: 59
No.

I will take my chances as I would for most other viruses.

Perhaps if I was older or had a family then maybe I would.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
This is a genuine question, not trying to cause an argument at all, but for those of you saying no you won’t get it, does it concern you that you are effectively removing your right to travel as it sounds like it will become a prerequisite.

Reactions: 37
I've not travelled much long haul and definately to places where vaccinations are recommended. Are there already mandatory vaccinations for travel?

Reactions: 4
It honestly scares me that they push this on us and are already taking our freedom away. People are happy to carry on for an easy life but where does it end? Yes the theories can sound crazy but it's all little steps that lead that way.
We don't need a vaccine for a virus that hat over 99% servival rate.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 43
Yes I will

Sick of all of the vaccine experts on Facebook, mainly my colleagues who think they know it all 🙄

Reactions: 71
I've not travelled much long haul and definately to places where vaccinations are recommended. Are there already mandatory vaccinations for travel?
Dependent on country. Yellow Fever is mandatory for Africa, South America & The Caribbean I believe. Basically places where there's a lot of mosquitoes. Typoid, Hep A & B & Polio are required in some places too.

Reactions: 11
I had to have a polio and hepatitis vaccine when I went to Turkey as a child 20 years ago. Don’t know if that still stands now?

Reactions: 4
Ah thank you. So this isn't a new thing then for travel.
No definitely not!

Qantas have also already said they'll refuse travel to any passenger who hasn't had it, a lot of airlines will follow suit.

Australia will be forcing anyone who hasn't had the vaccine to quarantine in a hotel at their own cost too. If people want to travel in the very near future it's the only way really.

Reactions: 19
Ah thank you. So this isn't a new thing then for travel.
No not at all, although a lot of people are making it seem like the world is out to get them now by making it mandatory. I’m still undecided on the vaccine, I’d like more trials to take place tbh, but trying to keep reading the information thats out there so I can make an informed choice.

Reactions: 10
I would take it and I would recommend getting information from trusted sources. It will not change your DNA.
And where are the trusted sources? Because if you look into who's putting out the information and who funds them then you might question it...
Nothing about the whole covid 19 adds up

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 33
No definitely not!

Qantas have also already said they'll refuse travel to any passenger who hasn't had it, a lot of airlines will follow suit.

Australia will be forcing anyone who hasn't had the vaccine to quarantine in a hotel at their own cost too. If people want to travel in the very near future it's the only way really.
Im not really a fan of mandatory vaccination but of this is not a new thing for travel and people haven't kicked up a fuss about it before then it's up to those countries

Reactions: 1
This is no help at all as I can't remember which vaccines but I'm sure we needed them when we went Egypt about 7 years ago.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.