To COVID vaccine, or not to vaccine?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Absolutely! My arm is out and ready, jab me up.

I am ready to hug my family members without fear of passing on a virus that could kill them. I’m ready to walk about the shops and take public transport without fear of inadvertently passing on a virus that could kill someone, destroying not only their lives but the lives of their families. I am ready to put my trust into the hundreds and thousands of medical professionals, scientists and others who have dedicated the last 10 months of their lives fighting against this pandemic to find a vaccine, and with the right financing to have shown how phenomenal the human response can be. And I am ready to play my part in easing the burden on the NHS, so that NHS staff can see some light at the end of what must have been one of the most traumatic years of their lives, and so that those who need medical care - not just in relation to Covid - can get it when they need it.

I can’t control what I might pass on to people, but the vaccine will help this.

There’s nothing the government could inject me with that could give them more than what they already get through my phone, my medical and tax records, CCTV, and on and on.

I am ready, jab me up.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
But there's already concerns that the Gov holding back the second dose will do more harm than good .
I believe it’s down to Individual business when they give out their second dose at their own discretion

my hospital is giving out second dose between 8-10 week and one of the consultanTs I workwith also does part time at a gp and they are doing it between 3/5 weeks for second one

Reactions: 1
I believe it’s down to Individual business when they give out their second dose at their own discretion

my hospital is giving out second dose between 8-10 week and one of the consultanTs I workwith also does part time at a gp and they are doing it between 3/5 weeks for second one
I was thinking more of the concerns raised in Israel over the efficacy of the one jab .

I don’t know where to direct this question to but it might be worth a try, I have extremely high IG (immunoglobulin levels) due to allergies and wondered if I should get the vaccine? Work is really pushing us to have it (I work in a social care setting) but I’m unsure, I had allergy tests and I was allergic to everything they tested for. Usual animals/ trees/ dust etc but I don’t use an epi pen or anything. I remember the doctor telling me I was the most allergic person he had ever seen. Can anyone advise? Sorry if this is not relevant to the thread! 😂

I don’t know where to direct this question to but it might be worth a try, I have extremely high IG (immunoglobulin levels) due to allergies and wondered if I should get the vaccine? Work is really pushing us to have it (I work in a social care setting) but I’m unsure, I had allergy tests and I was allergic to everything they tested for. Usual animals/ trees/ dust etc but I don’t use an epi pen or anything. I remember the doctor telling me I was the most allergic person he had ever seen. Can anyone advise? Sorry if this is not relevant to the thread! 😂
When I went it was any severe allergy to medication, vaccine or food - any of those and it was a blanket no. Might be worth asking your GP for advice if work are pressurising you.

When I went it was any severe allergy to medication, vaccine or food - any of those and it was a blanket no. Might be worth asking your GP for advice if work are pressurising you.
Thankyou the gp receptionists just said you should be fine if you’ve never had ananaphylaxis shock but didn’t seem overly helpful, I’m also concerned about the fertility aspect but it just says there’s no evidence it would cause problems so I don’t know what to do for best!

I saw someone post here how it is pissing them off that NHS workers who are WFH are getting the vaccination - I can't find the post now. A family member of mine got their vaccine this week even though they are WFH but they work at the oncology ward at the hospital, which is why they have been made to WFH because the patients there are so very high risk - all of the staff on that ward are getting vaccinated.
I too was able to get the vaccine while WFH but also working for a hospital in a clinical department. My hospital offered the vaccine to all employees, regardless of role, for a few days only before the healthcare worker vaccination phase ended. I felt guilty about it for a day but then I rationalized it by knowing that the more people being vaccinated means it helps to keep hospitals from being overwhelmed. I may not be frontline but I can see the damage this pandemic is causing hospitals and my co-workers who are on the frontline. You don’t want this virus!!

Hospitals in my area have said they will offer the vaccine to all employees that want to receive it but the priority now is the general public since we’ve moved from the healthcare phase. Also my hospital had the Pfizer vaccine which from what I can find one google has a limited shelf life, about a week, after the shipment is received. If some of the viles were going to spoil before the next phase of rollout then why not offer them to other employees instead of wasting them?

Reactions: 2
The NHS is made up of millions of staff who aren't in scrubs classed as medical workers. It takes an army of admin staff, managers, etc. I work in an office situated in the hospital (like millions of others). As regular visitors constantly walking through the hospitals, using facilities, etc. we should all be vaccinated ASAP and it seems like we are which is good. I got my first jab yesterday.

Reactions: 6
NOTHING can change DNA it’s one of the first things you learn at school. It’s our finger prints, our hair our saliva, EVERY cell in our body, it cannot change, No matter what!
God, people are thick!!

Reactions: 10
Thankyou the gp receptionists just said you should be fine if you’ve never had ananaphylaxis shock but didn’t seem overly helpful, I’m also concerned about the fertility aspect but it just says there’s no evidence it would cause problems so I don’t know what to do for best!
Re: Fertilty

" Dr Edward Morris, President at the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists, said: “We want to reassure women that there is no evidence to suggest that Covid-19 vaccines will affect fertility. Claims of any effect of Covid-19 vaccination on fertility are speculative and not supported by any data.
“There is no biologically plausible mechanism by which current vaccines would cause any impact on women's fertility. Evidence has not been presented that women who have been vaccinated have gone on to have fertility problems."

There are initial results in research examining Covid itself and male fertility to suggest it is having a negative affect.
"Results: Although there is limited data, viral mRNA has been identified in semen of infected men, with some evidence of altered seminal parameters. Low testosterone and dihydrotestosterone with raised luteinizing hormone has been reported as well as preterm delivery in pregnant women; however, data regarding vertical transmission remains contradictory and inconclusive.
Conclusions: The recent literature provides evidence that male gonads may be potentially vulnerable to SARS-CoV-2 infection, recommending caution to pregnant women and couples planning natural pregnancy or assisted reproduction."

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
NOTHING can change DNA it’s one of the first things you learn at school. It’s our finger prints, our hair our saliva, EVERY cell in our body, it cannot change, No matter what!
God, people are thick!!
I can't understand how people think it will change their DNA. Is it because the word 'mRNA' seems similar to DNA?

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I can't understand how people think it will change their DNA. Is it because the word 'mRNA' seems similar to DNA?
People are just thick. I think the BBC need to create a programme or documentary educating people about the cold hard FACTS of vaccine science

• Haha
Reactions: 5
God, people are thick!!
Actually, there is a risk with DNA vaccines, I have read it in a research paper. It’s why mRNA is used instead, because there is little to no risk of it happening, but there was less certainty with DNA vaccines. Also mRNA are cheaper to make and doses can belower, so that plays a factor too.

but surely that is better than nothing? There is always a risk you will still get sick with measles, for example, even having had the vaccine, isn't this always the case?
It’ll always be a case of living with it it’s never going to disappear, striking the balance is the hard bit.

Reactions: 3
That is basically is 😂
It really takes away from conspiracy theorists trying to rebrand themselves as critical thinkers when something sounding a bit like DNA, only because it is NA in the title, makes them jump to the conclusion that it alters your DNA.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.